Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

First Thursday of the tourny was great but

Started by Danny J, March 27, 2015, 09:55:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Danny J

ever since then it has been really bad. Just boring. Virtually no excitement. Every win seems like it has been by at least 6+ points. I hope they get better during the second half of the games on now. The back drop in Houston is making for some terrible shooting from the perimeter.

Dr. Starcs

Referees took Utahs best player out of the game late in the first half. Utes hung tough.

HSVhogfan2

Not to mention for long stretches at a time, soccer games seem to break out.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

Hogfaniam

Quote from: Danny J on March 27, 2015, 09:55:53 pm
ever since then it has been really bad. Just boring. Virtually no excitement. Every win seems like it has been by at least 6+ points. I hope they get better during the second half of the games on now. The back drop in Houston is making for some terrible shooting from the perimeter.

Duke is at 42%.  Not great but not horrid.  Not typical of Duke, though.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Jackrabbit Hog

Lon Kruger is a really underrated coach.  Rarely gets mentioned because he's not a self promoter, but he's won everywhere he's been.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Breems

Amen. I thought this was setting up to be a great March after all the Thursday upsets. Turned out to be boring as crap.

Lemme guess, UK and Duke meet in the finals and UK wins by 20?
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Danny J

Quote from: Breems on March 27, 2015, 10:23:16 pm
Amen. I thought this was setting up to be a great March after all the Thursday upsets. Turned out to be boring as crap.

Lemme guess, UK and Duke meet in the finals and UK wins by 20?
That's the way it is looking. I am hoping for a good game tomorrow between Zona and Wisky. the OU/MSU game is close but boring as hell to watch. It is like watching hair grow.

jgphillips3

Wisconsin, Arizona and Duke are the only teams in this with a shot at beating UK on the right night.  Fortunately, Either Arizona or Wisconsin will get a shot at them and Duke has a chance to meet them in the title game.  I actually picked Duke to beat them in the title game in my bracket ala what they did to UNLV 24 years ago to ruin that season for "the greatest team ever".

Razorpigg

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on March 27, 2015, 09:57:37 pm
Referees took Utahs best player out of the game late in the first half. Utes hung tough.

Yea that was a horrid call.  Perfect for the Dukies...

3kgthog

I figure the Final Four will be the most uneventful in history. UK will get up by 20 in the first 10 mins of the semifinal and the country will change the channel. The same will happen in the final. The WVU game is 5 mins of my life that I can't get back because of that very fact.

This year suffers from the fact that there is no uncertainty as to who will be champion.  That's been clear since December.

popcornhog

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on March 27, 2015, 09:57:37 pm

That was a horrible call. Reminds me of the 2nd half of the Arkansas UNC game.

I don't believe that any team is unfairly targeted or treated, mind you, but I do believe that ticky-tack calls like that are bad for the game.
WPS

hobhog

I don't have a problem with how it's working out. Cream is rising to the top and teams that are supposed to be winning are advancing. Should be a great finish, and hope KY loses....

fishes2000

I want to see Louisville beat Duke on last second shot so Pitino can get that back from Laettner. Then Louisville and Kentucky in the finals. Kentucky loses and big blue has to deal with losing to little brother. I'm not a Louisville fan just like Pitino better than Cal.

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: popcornhog on March 28, 2015, 12:12:34 pm
That was a horrible call. Reminds me of the 2nd half of the Arkansas UNC game.

I don't believe that any team is unfairly targeted or treated, mind you, but I do believe that ticky-tack calls like that are bad for the game.

What bothered me was a t the start the zebras let them play big time. (Which is how I prefer it). Then for no reason that touch was called.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: fishes2000 on March 28, 2015, 01:07:52 pm
I want to see Louisville beat Duke on last second shot so Pitino can get that back from Laettner. Then Louisville and Kentucky in the finals. Kentucky loses and big blue has to deal with losing to little brother. I'm not a Louisville fan just like Pitino better than Cal.

Pitino is a better coach, but cal has far more talent than anyone and it isn't even close.   I can't see Kentucky losing. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

popcornhog

Quote from: Danny J on March 27, 2015, 09:55:53 pm

The ND UK game was about as exciting as it gets.
WPS

popcornhog

Quote from: 3kgthog on March 28, 2015, 11:36:30 am
I figure the Final Four will be the most uneventful in history. UK will get up by 20 in the first 10 mins of the semifinal and the country will change the channel. The same will happen in the final. The WVU game is 5 mins of my life that I can't get back because of that very fact.

I think that Wisconsin could play them very close or even have a small chance at winning.
WPS

hoglady

Quote from: popcornhog on March 29, 2015, 10:33:49 am
The ND UK game was about as exciting as it gets.

No kidding.
That was one of the best basketball games I've seen in a long, long time.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: hoglady on March 29, 2015, 11:53:54 am
No kidding.
That was one of the best basketball games I've seen in a long, long time.

Agree.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Nipsey Mussle

Grant was bailed out with a foul call on his 3 and then he made the long 3...both as the shot clock was expiring. After those 2 plays, their offense consisted entirely of Grant dribbling around for 34 seconds and shooting a horrible shot...or Grant dribbling into the corner and trying to shoot over 14 UK defenders instead of passing on the final possession.
UK was maddening because each time they got into striking distance they'd forget what brought them back into the game: Townes shooting 2 footers.

Yesterday helped bring life back into this tournament. It was horrid from the round of 32 until Elite 8.

Buff

husker71

I think there have been some really exciting games.  although Kentucky is a prohibitive favorite I think yesterdays game shows that these last few teams can play with Kentucky.  this is one of the years I think all 4 teams left will be at least pretty good teams and all have interesting stories.  I am looking forward to the Gonzaga vs Duke today.