Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Impressed in LA

Started by naturalbornpigger, March 27, 2015, 05:38:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

naturalbornpigger

I attended the NC - WI game in LA last night.  Came away impressed with both teams, but I see WI as unique.  Watching their bigs move and put the ball on the floor for penetration was truly enjoyable.  I have not witnessed a team with 6'8-7' players able to make agressive moves with the ball on the dribble.  And great shooting touch as well.  Remarkable.

They may be the only ones that can force KY's bigs to come out of the lane.  This, I think, is a skill that BP needs to work to add over the off season.

Danny J

Sam Dekker is the real deal. He will have a very long NBA career. He has a good first step, can finish, good size and length and can fill it up from outside.

HawgnCorona

Just take care of UK if ND doesnt...thats is all
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

Paul

Wisky is an impressive team,  I'm they can control the tempo, they may be able to take UK down.

Rawker

Whatever.  I hate UK, but let's face it....if you throw bigger and better at them (compared to other teams they've played), they will just get bigger and better than that.  They'll just find a way to win with the weapons they have.  Sucks, but there's no more sure bet in history.  That being said, the moves some of the WI guys were making to turn that NC game around were pretty sweet, and maybe some of that would work on UK to make it close.  But they won't win unless UK has an implosion.  Please let them implode.

HSVhogfan2

Decker is a helluva player. Wisky loses by double digits if he doesn't have the first half he had. Might have lost anyway if UNC hit there FTs and Roy didn't fall asleep on the bench during a 10-2 Wisky run. Hell I thought they were out of time outs. Frank is one of the more overrated players in college BB, IMO. Very slow afoot, but is patient around the rim and has a nice touch. I don't think they get past AZ.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on March 27, 2015, 09:34:52 pm
Decker is a helluva player. Wisky loses by double digits if he doesn't have the first half he had. Might have lost anyway if UNC hit there FTs and Roy didn't fall asleep on the bench during a 10-2 Wisky run. Hell I thought they were out of time outs. Frank is one of the more overrated players in college BB, IMO. Very slow afoot, but is patient around the rim and has a nice touch. I don't think they get past AZ.

No diggity.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Thepigdoctor

Wisconsin has to beat Zona first and I'm not sure they will. Of the teams remaining, I actually think they have the best chance to beat UK. They are big, physical, and elite on defense. They are certainly not world beaters offensively, easily rank behind WI, ND, and Duke as other contenders, but I like that matchup. They won't allow the game to get up and down, and turn into a track meet which easily favors UK.

Zona has been somewhat quietly underrated this year and I think they've got a really nice squad. They've got a few legit NBA players on their roster, so they are not void of talent either.

If I were able to repick my final four, championship game, I'd actually go Zona over UK, Zags over MSU, with Zona over Zags in the title.

I've been a believer all season that UK would go 40-0, but if Zona can beat Wiscy, in what will be a tough matchup with Kaminsky's range, I wouldn't be surprised to see an historic upset.

naturalbornpigger

After watching the two in person I don't see AZ beating WI.  But that is why they play the game.

I do love the Johnson kid for AZ.  He can fill it up.

Razorpigg

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on March 27, 2015, 09:34:52 pm

I don't think he is overrated at all. Slow afoot?  Hes 7 ft tall and 240?  Moves pretty good if you ask me. Has 3 pt range, and pretty good handles. Looking forward to a very good game vs AZ should be a good one.

jchill

Usually I pull for the SEC against other schools, but I really want UK to get their butts handed to them. I may be way off base, but I still believe the key to beating them is to take their guards out of their game. If a team has good guards, I would throw the kitchen sink at their guards and see how they hold up. I do like the analysis from another poster about Wisconsin's bigs being able to spread out the UK bigs so the will not clog the lane.

malibu327

Quote from: Rawker on March 27, 2015, 09:25:47 pm
Whatever.  I hate UK, but let's face it....if you throw bigger and better at them (compared to other teams they've played), they will just get bigger and better than that.  They'll just find a way to win with the weapons they have.  Sucks, but there's no more sure bet in history.  That being said, the moves some of the WI guys were making to turn that NC game around were pretty sweet, and maybe some of that would work on UK to make it close.  But they won't win unless UK has an implosion.  Please let them implode.
Agreed. The better the opponent, the harder they play.

Paul

Quote from: Razorpigg on March 28, 2015, 10:56:52 am
I don't think he is overrated at all. Slow afoot?  Hes 7 ft tall and 240?  Moves pretty good if you ask me. Has 3 pt range, and pretty good handles. Looking forward to a very good game vs AZ should be a good one.
. It's easy to forget how big he is cuz he's so mobile & active on both ends but so are uK's bigs.  We can hope that the entire UK team gets a GI virus

HSVhogfan2

If AZ keeps letting Frank set up 4 ft from the bucket it's gonna be a long day.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

Thepigdoctor

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on March 28, 2015, 05:19:43 pm
If AZ keeps letting Frank set up 4 ft from the bucket it's gonna be a long day.

He's such a talented offensive player, it's really pick your poison. If he gets the ball at the perimeter, he's got deadly range, and is very good at putting the ball on the deck to create for himself or teammates. His presence is a huge reason Wisky is the number one rated team in offensive efficiency. Zona has really gotten settled on though and closed the first half on a nice run. This is a tremendous matchup with Zona's defense vs Wisky's offense. The key in the second half will be Wisky's ability to stop Zona on offense. This is not your typical Bo Ryan Badgers squad that relies on defense, so they'll have to capitalize on their offensive advantage over Zona, but as I said earlier, with Zona's defense, that's easier said than done.

I've been very impressed with Zona in the tourney and as much as I really don't care for them, would love to see that matchup with UK, with both teams excelling defensively. Of course I'd prefer to see ND knock them off tonight, but I see that being a game where UK holds a 10-20 point lead throughout and it's never really in question.

Atlhogfan1

Frank The Flop and the Badgers are getting some calls. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

HSVhogfan2

Decker is going to screw up my Final Four!

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Thepigdoctor

Wisky is a dangerous team, offensively they are absolutely elite, with multiple guys who can score the basketball. I don't know if Zona has the offensive firepower to hang with them the way Wisky is shooting right now. They can really make the game look easy.

HSVhogfan2

Got to make Frank play defense. Easier said than done because they do an unbelievable job of hiding him.

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Atlhogfan1

Wisconsin is 102nd in college basketball in 3pt%.  They average 7 makes per game.  This is more than just Wisconsin being efficient on offense. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys.