Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach Anderson Press Conf. Quotes

Started by The_Iceman, March 27, 2015, 11:18:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Iceman

Key Quotes I think everyone will be interested in, from Dudley:

Coach A: We will help Portis and Qualls get all the information they need to make the right decision. Both enjoy being college students.

Coach A: Bobby and Michael have a bond together. The season ended bitterly for them.

Coach A: We are still recruiting just in case.

Coach A: The offseason is going to be real big for Moses Kingsley. Time for him to take the next step, really excited about his future.

Coach A: This summer is going to be big for Trey Thompson. Basketball IQ is great, just needs experience.

Coach A: Dusty Hannahs will extend defense. Better athlete than you think. Can really shoot it from distance. Lit us up in practice at times

Coach A: Jimmy Whitt is going to be a unique guard. Wiry, can create off dribble, great instincts, great defensive player

The_Iceman

Coach A: We see the potential in Nick Babb. Needs to get stronger. Big guard that can do a lot of things

FYI
Dudley E. Dawson ‏@Dedsports
"Coach Anderson can't talk about Huntington Prep power forward Ted Kapita (6-9, 240) yet because he has not signed Will do so on April 15."

Cresthog

Good stuff.

Has me excited. Lord we could be nasty next year.

PLEASE PLEASE let them both come back. We could win the freaking SEC.

rude1

Nice to hear from the head Hawg on his thoughts on the pieces to this team moving forward into next season.

The_Iceman

Coach Anderson: The new Basketball Performance should be ready on July 1.

Marshfieldhog

Shaping up to be one of those special years if everyone returns, we need it to make recruiting easier like the early to mid 90's

Biggus Piggus

Arkansas will have enough players to field a team, should Qualls and Portis depart.

They're either both staying, or both gone, probably not half and half. Just what I hear.

Without 'em, the team should be interesting nevertheless.

A 6-10 widebody, Trey Thompson can be a true low post scorer, defender and rebounder. Ted Kapita is a true power forward with some inside-out game, real hops, strength and rebounding ability. Then we have Moses Kingsley trying to develop his role. Kingsley has good raw ability. Needs a little more skill.

That makes three power players when your typical Arkansas team has zero to two. Jacorey Williams, at 6-8, 215, also will be available for whatever role he can figure out. Keaton Miles, the 6-7, 212 forward, will be a senior. Still unclear what he brings.

The backcourt is making a transition from Tweenerville.

Freshman Jimmy Whitt is a 6-4 scoring machine who also is skilled in pressure defense. Arkansas native and Texas Tech transfer Dusty Hannahs is a 6-2 sharpshooter. They join 6-5 soph Nick Babb, 6-3 junior Manuale Watkins, 6-3 senior Anthlon Bell, 6-1 senior Jabril Durham, and 6-0 soph Anton Beard.

I like Whitt and Babb in the 2-3 roles with Beard as the catalyst and Bell and Hannahs providing artillery support. Watkins might be complementary with this many shooters around. Durham also might "get it" as a senior the way jucos often do.

If Qualls and Portis are gone, the first question is who will rise up as primary scorers. Way too early to say.

Still should be a team worth following.
[CENSORED]!

popcornhog

Quote from: Cresthog on March 27, 2015, 11:56:56 am
Good stuff.

We'd be head and shoulders #2 in the SEC and possibly #1.

Even if Kentucky loses 8-9 guys they could still be really good. And I doubt they'll lose 8-9, although they might.
WPS

FraggleHog

Quote from: popcornhog on March 27, 2015, 01:13:08 pm

Even if Kentucky loses 8-9 guys they could will still be really good. And I doubt they'll lose 8-9, although they might.
FIFY
Calling the Hogs from DFW

The_Bionic_Pig

Even if Kentucky loses 8-9 guys they could still be really good. And I doubt they'll lose 8-9, although they might.

If Calapari bolts for the NBA their will be a mass exodus
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Iceman

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on March 27, 2015, 02:02:43 pm

If the Cavs don't win the title, I think they get rid of their coach. Calipari would be very tempted to go coach Lebron, Kyrie, and Love. Good chance for an NBA title.

sowmonella

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on March 27, 2015, 02:02:43 pm

If he bolts it will be just ahead of the NCAA investigators. At least that's how he's done it in the past.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 27, 2015, 12:50:20 pm
Without 'em, the team should be interesting nevertheless.

Still should be a team worth following.

Agree.  I've said several times I think that team would be better than folks think.  They would have the potential to be very good defensively.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Cresthog

Not necessarily. We beat them twice last year and once the year before. They were a mess with the Goodwin class.

The class coming in isn't nearly as impressive as they are currently and their stock will be white hot after the championship. They're going to lose a lot of guys.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Cresthog on March 27, 2015, 02:19:34 pm
Not necessarily. We beat them twice last year and once the year before. They were a mess with the Goodwin class.

The class coming in isn't nearly as impressive as they are currently and their stock will be white hot after the championship. They're going to lose a lot of guys.

The key for Kentucky isn't the recruiting class, its keeping the veterans.

Cresthog

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 27, 2015, 02:21:17 pm

Who though? Pythress and Ulis?

Who else is scary at all for them? WCS, Booker, Lyles, Dakari, and Towns are all supposed to go right? Plus the twins?

Pignominious

Quote from: Cresthog on March 27, 2015, 02:25:20 pm
Who though? Pythress and Ulis?

Who else is scary at all for them? WCS, Booker, Lyles, Dakari, and Towns are all supposed to go right? Plus the twins?

I don't think either of the twins are projected in the first round. Andrew is projecting late second right now at DraftExpress. http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2015/

I would be a little surprised if they left. They're both good college players and could be great with another year under their belt.
Ray Biggers' third cousin.

Hawg Red

If everyone goes pro who the media thinks will go pro, Kentucky will look a lot like the 2013 Wildcats that lost to Robert Morris in the 1st round of the NIT. Not saying they will have a season that bad, but if we get Portis and Qualls back, we have an excellent shot at being the #1 team in the SEC next season.

If Calipari leaves, who knows what'll happen at Kentucky, but they surely take a huge step back next season and probably lose more players than if he stays.

FraggleHog

Quote from: Pignominious on March 27, 2015, 02:42:58 pm
I don't think either of the twins are projected in the first round. Andrew is projecting late second right now at DraftExpress. http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2015/

I would be a little surprised if they left. They're both good college players and could be great with another year under their belt.

Don't forget they are also bringing in 3 of the top 33 HS players in the nation next season.
Calling the Hogs from DFW

Pigliophile

Whatever happens I think the future looks bright for hog bball.

Atlhogfan1

Without Portis and Qualls, the Hogs still will be in contention for NCAAT.  Need to see the schedule and who our opponents will have to make a better guess. 

With them, barring injury or extended suspension, likely overall top 10-15 seed in the NCAAT which would put them around the 3 line or better.  Again, need to see if we get more aggressive in our scheduling and the depth of the SEC after the draft and late period. 

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

latrops

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 27, 2015, 02:51:26 pm
If everyone goes pro who the media thinks will go pro, Kentucky will look a lot like the 2013 Wildcats that lost to Robert Morris in the 1st round of the NIT. Not saying they will have a season that bad, but if we get Portis and Qualls back, we have an excellent shot at being the #1 team in the SEC next season.

If Calipari leaves, who knows what'll happen at Kentucky, but they surely take a huge step back next season and probably lose more players than if he stays.

That team wasn't too bad before Noel got hurt.  They were slow to come together, but prior to Noel getting hurt they were sitting at 17-6 (8-2) and likely to finish 2nd in the conference behind Florida while trending toward a top 6 seed in the NCAAT.  After Noel got hurt, they didn't win another game outside Rupp Arena.

Had Noel not gotten hurt, they'd have likely been more highly regarded going into the NCAAT than was last year's 8 seed that surprisingly made a run all the way to the title game.  Who knows what Kentucky would have done in the 2013 NCAAT with a healthy Noel.

Hawg Red

Quote from: latrops on March 27, 2015, 03:50:20 pm
That team wasn't too bad before Noel got hurt.  They were slow to come together, but prior to Noel getting hurt they were sitting at 17-6 (8-2) and likely to finish 2nd in the conference behind Florida while trending toward a top 6 seed in the NCAAT.  After Noel got hurt, they didn't win another game outside Rupp Arena.

Had Noel not gotten hurt, they'd have likely been more highly regarded going into the NCAAT than was last year's 8 seed that surprisingly made a run all the way to the title game.  Who knows what Kentucky would have done in the 2013 NCAAT with a healthy Noel.

I agree. My point is that they will be beatable, though. This year's team is superhuman.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Cresthog on March 27, 2015, 11:56:56 am
Good stuff.

la20688

Quote from: sowmonella on March 27, 2015, 02:15:32 pm
If he bolts it will be just ahead of the NCAA investigators. At least that's how he's done it in the past.
That would be hilarious!

chiefhawg

I can hardly wait to see Corey, I mean Anton put his on-court leadership stamp on this team.

Thepigdoctor

When asked what he thought will happen, CMA replied "they'll be back."

It was a quick question snuck in, with a quick answer, then moved on. I had to listen to it twice to make sure I heard correctly. Anderson has more insight than anyone not named Portis or Qualls, so this really got me excited.

I went from six to midnight.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: FraggleHog on March 27, 2015, 02:57:06 pm
Don't forget they are also bringing in 3 of the top 33 HS players in the nation next season.
That's not even remotely impressive for a Cal coached UK team.

-Blu

Quote from: Thepigdoctor on March 27, 2015, 11:42:06 pm
When asked what he thought will happen, CMA replied "they'll be back."

It was a quick question snuck in, with a quick answer, then moved on. I had to listen to it twice to make sure I heard correctly. Anderson has more insight than anyone not named Portis or Qualls, so this really got me excited.

I went from six to midnight.

What time was that at on the presser?

Thepigdoctor

March 28, 2015, 12:36:10 am #29 Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 04:25:08 pm by Thepigdoctor
Quote from: -Blu on March 27, 2015, 11:59:02 pm
What time was that at on the presser?

I missed the first of the question asked, which just ruined it for me.

Question: OTHER than Bobby and Michael, and the two seniors do you expect everyone else to come back.

Answer: Yes

Sorry, didn't hear the guy say other than.

Also, it was around the 20-21 minute mark on the video posted at wholehogsports

JHGiunta

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 27, 2015, 02:13:30 pm
If the Cavs don't win the title, I think they get rid of their coach. Calipari would be very tempted to go coach Lebron, Kyrie, and Love. Good chance for an NBA title.

I am beginning to think Love will not be back in Cleveland next year. His role there is very strange and I'm not sure he sticks around to play sparingly and be used as a stretch 4.

Hog Fan from Camden

Where can I find the video of the Press Conference?

jjdlc

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 27, 2015, 02:21:17 pm

Yes, so many fail to realize, that a lot of their success stems from the players they had come back as much as the highly rated recruiting class they had. 

Hog Fan from Camden