Started by GrizzlyRider07, February 12, 2015, 06:10:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GrizzlyRider07

Just committed to the hogs per RD retweeting it from scout
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

ricepig

@EvanDaniels:Top 50 senior post player Ted Kapita (http://t.co/YtCQ5MRmFi) just committed to Arkansas, per Huntington Prep coach Arkell Bruce.

onebadrubi

This makes me feel much better about next year

bigred223

Adam Stokes

Awesome.  Up to the #22 class.

BENJAMINX

Hogimus Prime

BlakeHOGfanatic

TomBigBeeHog

Great pickup!!!! Woo pig!! :razorback:
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

elksnort

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 12, 2015, 06:11:55 pm
This makes me feel much better about next year
Agree.  We aren't going to replace Portis, but this young man appears to have the length and he looks like an athlete. 

Arkansas WR

Adam Stokes

Quote from: Arkansas WR on February 12, 2015, 06:22:24 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVx8PkS3QcU

Just for those who don't know, to link the video straight to Hogville, simply put the =dVx8PkS3QcU inbetween two sets of youtube brackets.

Like so [youtube.]dVx...[/youtube.] (take out all the periods.)

His shoulders look Dwight Howard-esque in that second video.

intelligence

Great time in history to be a Hog Fan! Welcome to the family Ted!

Hogberry Snortcake

Alright, alright, alright.  WPS!

Ham Sandwich

This is huge news and it's awesome getting another African guy on the team. I hope that's a trend we continue with our big men.

He apparently can really score around the rim from what I've heard?

ArmyOfnobunaga

This is big big big big big big time needer player! Go hogs!
There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.     -Some guy named Will

Woopig69

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

Letsroll1200

WOO PIG!!!!!! Mike Anderson and staff are having a great season this year.

bigred223

This should ease some of the concerns certain people have with recruiting.

forrest city joe

WPS -------------------------------I love it. great pick-up. this guy is even a more higher rated recruit than Whitt. both are 4 stars and top 50 players. Ted Kapita was hurt most of this year, but the talent is there. this is turning into a great recruiting class. if Portis leaves, Mike may bring in yet another 4 star. Arkansas basketball is not going anywhere anytime soon. Mike is reloading for next year. i freaking love this. GO HOGS.

forrest city joe

Quote from: bigred223 on February 12, 2015, 06:33:41 pm
This should ease some of the concerns certain people have with recruiting.
I keep telling these folks that Mike Anderson knows what he is doing. this program is in good hands for years to come.

BigSexyHog

Greatest first name ever.  Ted is an awesome name.  Welcome to the fam!!!!
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

intelligence

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 12, 2015, 06:33:42 pm
WPS -------------------------------I love it. great pick-up. this guy is even a more higher rated recruit than Whitt. both are 4 stars and top 50 players. Ted Kapita was hurt most of this year, but the talent is there. this is turning into a great recruiting class. if Portis leaves, Mike may bring in yet another 4 star. Arkansas basketball is not going anywhere anytime soon. Mike is reloading for next year. i freaking love this. GO HOGS.

If Qualls and Portis suddenly decided to return... We dangerous

chiefhawg

Quote from: Ham Sandwich on February 12, 2015, 06:29:40 pm
This is huge news and it's awesome getting another African guy on the team. I hope that's a trend we continue with our big men.

He apparently can really score around the rim from what I've heard?
Can you say Sunday Adebayo like?

chiefhawg

Quote from: intelligence on February 12, 2015, 06:35:59 pm
I was thinking the same thing.

popcornhog

WPS

Hogimus Prime

If MA can get Mitchell Smith for 2016 to go along with Kingsley, Thompson, and Kapita the Hogs will have a deep frontcourt.

The_Iceman

This is huge for the Hogs. Helps with the likely loss of Portis.

discombobulationist

Wow, so happy to get this guy! Hopefully other big-time recruits are taking notice. Whitt and Kapita are some good pieces to build around.
Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on September 05, 2014, 02:17:08 pmISIS could be overrunning your city and Rick would talk about how nice it is to have new neighbors.

forrest city joe

Quote from: intelligence on February 12, 2015, 06:35:59 pm
Yep. i think we would be a top 10 to 15 team if that happens.

chiefhawg

IMO in 2016 we will need another 6'5 to 6'7 wing to go along with Whitt, Monk, and Babb.

Breems

Oh hell yeah!

A top 50 guard and top 50 post player will be stepping on campus next year. This is what it's all about. Win a bunch of games, make yourself heard, and the recruits will come. Outstanding pickup.

I have very little doubt that he was sold on the immediate playing time we're going to have available if things (sadly but happily) go according to plan.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

latrops

This is really good news.  Filling a need with a top 50 player.  That's what top programs do. 

GatorHog

Is committed the same as 'signed?'  How does that work?  Why doesn't ESPN Recruiting Nation have Ark as offering Kapita, they need to get it together.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 12, 2015, 06:30:57 pm
WOO PIG!!!!!! Mike Anderson and staff are having a great season this year.
Yep. and it's only going to get better in the years to come. GO HOGS.

forrest city joe

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 12, 2015, 06:44:05 pm
This is huge for the Hogs. Helps with the likely loss of Portis.
Mike is not done yet. if Portis leaves,look for Mike to bring in another big time player.

popcornhog

Quote from: GatorHog on February 12, 2015, 06:46:44 pm
Is committed the same as 'signed?'  How does that work?  Why doesn't ESPN Recruiting Nation have Ark as offering Kapita, they need to get it together.

No. It's committed. Just like football to my knowledge. It can be broken, which isn't super uncommon but commits typically stuck with said commitments.

Am I wrong? Does it work differently in hoops?
WPS

intelligence

Quote from: chiefhawg on February 12, 2015, 06:45:26 pm
IMO in 2016 we will need another 6'5 to 6'7 wing to go along with Whitt, Monk, and Babb.

According to Espn we offered Frazier in this class. If Bobby goes to the NBA, we'd have room for frazier in this class. Of course, ESPN's recruiting info is usually way out of date, so there's that.

popcornhog

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 12, 2015, 06:50:04 pm
Mike is not done yet. if Portis leaves,look for Mike to bring in another big time player.

Wait, who?
WPS

HOGINTENNESSEE

Right now we don't have a scholly to give unless Someone leaves

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: intelligence on February 12, 2015, 06:50:28 pm
According to Espn we offered Frazier in this class. If Bobby goes to the NBA, we'd have room for frazier in this class. Of course, ESPN's recruiting info is usually way out of date, so there's that.

Frazier looks like more of a A Harris type than a true wing player to me

forrest city joe

Quote from: Breems on February 12, 2015, 06:45:29 pm
Oh hell yeah!

A top 50 guard and top 50 post player will be stepping on campus next year. This is what it's all about. Win a bunch of games, make yourself heard, and the recruits will come. Outstanding pickup.

I have very little doubt that he was sold on the immediate playing time we're going to have available if things (sadly but happily) go according to plan.
The way Portis has developed and played, is now helping us recruit Big men. if K. Allen had came here, that would have been 3 top 50 recruits in one class.when is the last time that has ever happen?

RazorAg

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 12, 2015, 06:54:17 pm
Frazier looks like more of a A Harris type than a true wing player to me

Frazier is much like Qualls at the same stage. Combo forward with developing wing skills.

chiefhawg

Quote from: RazorAg on February 12, 2015, 06:59:01 pm
Frazier is much like Qualls at the same stage. Combo forward with developing wing skills.
Could Frazier be placed in JC due to grades?

RazorAg

Quote from: chiefhawg on February 12, 2015, 07:02:45 pm
Could Frazier be placed in JC due to grades?

Fair speculation that qualifying could be an issue.  He's talented enough to have a more loud recruitment than has been the case. Not completely sure, though.  He's a good player.

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 12, 2015, 06:44:51 pm
Yep. i think we would be a top 10 to 15 team if that happens.

Don't see it happening, but if MA could talk Portis into staying AR would have an Elite eight/Final Four team. I thought earlier Qualls would test the NBA with a good season (which he is having), now I'm leaning toward him staying.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

Hogimus Prime

2016 is going to have 5 scholarships if Qualls returns.  Will leave plenty of room for Monk, Mitchell Smith a 6'5" to 6'7" swimgman, a guard and another forward

poloprince

Love it man  :razorback:
$PoLoPrInCe$

CattleCorn

Arkansas hoops going up, up, up!   :razorback: