Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rumors and more rumors

Started by Hogs-n-Roses, November 06, 2017, 05:51:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PonderinHog

Quote from: moses_007 on November 06, 2017, 09:50:47 pm
I didn't even watch the Old Miss game... first time since 1959 I've failed to watch a televised Hog game.... but I am fed up.
I listened to the last two games on this thing called a radio.  Going forward, I'm not sure what to do!

cjack

Quote from: rogersvillemohog on November 06, 2017, 08:43:29 pm
Just in case anyone else wants to send emails to the BOT, Chancellor, and/or President here are their UArk e-mail addresses. All public record so no need to worry about FOIA type stuff lol.

bhyneman@uasys.edu
mwaldrip@uasys.edu
mharriman@uasys.edu
keichler@uasys.edu
dpryor@uasys.edu
jgoodson@uasys.edu
sbroughton@uasys.edu
cgibson@uasys.edu
snelson@uasys.edu
tboyer@uasys.edu
chancell@uark.edu
dbobbitt@uasys.edu

Thank you. I'll be emailing in the a.m.
Woooo Pig Soooie!

BadHog

Quote from: PonderinHog on November 06, 2017, 10:02:08 pm
I listened to the last two games on this thing called a radio.  Going forward, I'm not sure what to do!

Find a television! It's easier to flip the channel when things are going south.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

EastexHawg

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on November 06, 2017, 08:15:20 pm
You people are truly amazing.  You create stories out of thin air then report them as fact and the sheep follow.  Bah, bah, bah!  It's amazing how weak minded and gullible grown men can be.

Is our 13-32 conference record since the start of the 2012 season a figment of our imaginations, too?  If so that is great to hear.  I had a terrible nightmare that Arkansas had  a worse SEC record than anyone but Kentucky over that time.

PonderinHog

Quote from: BadHog on November 06, 2017, 10:07:12 pm
Find a television! It's easier to flip the channel when things are going south.
I'm on a old school roll here, man! 

WoooPigBrewie

I wish our board was elected instead of appointed.

Political blowhards.

I'm a Republican.  However, Asa is a tool.
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

ShadowHawg

Quote from: ricepig on November 06, 2017, 05:56:20 pm
Jeff Long is under contract until 2022, according to Matt Jones of the ADG. Now, they can fire him at their pleasure at any time. He says the contract he signed in 2015 has had the same 5 year rollover provision, I have know idea if that's correct or not.

You don't really know the basics of the situation but you are a reliable source?

HoggyCat

Quote from: Porkchop#1 on November 06, 2017, 09:08:09 pm
I was told last week by a former player, CBB is gone, with Long not far behind.  His exact words.

I think it'll be the other way around.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

WoooPigBrewie

So ponder this:

Suppose Long's contract is guaranteed, well that is at least $4 million we would owe him from 2018-2022.

Suppose Bielema's contract buyout is roughly $6 million.

Suppose the assistant's buyouts total roughly $2 million.

You mean to say that we are going to pay $12 million to get rid of these people, then an additional $1 million per year for an AD, plus probably $4 million per year for a head coach, and another $3.5 million for assistants?

Roughly $20.5 million.  Thank God for the SEC Network.
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

Arthur pigby sellers.

Quote from: a shady hog on November 06, 2017, 09:42:38 pm
If Long is fired or resigns, would that delay a change in firing and hiring of a new coach? Usually the new AD makes that decision. So a search for a new AD may take awhile and then there would be a coaching search. For everyone wanting Bielema gone and hiring a new coach, myself included, getting a new AD now may not be wise especially with the early signing period starting this year.
Good question. Does this time line work for us?  I assume an AD search will probably take at least a month. Then the new AD has to immediately begin a coaching search to pick a coach in time to complete the recruiting class.

Porkchop#1

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 06, 2017, 10:32:19 pm
So ponder this:

Suppose Long's contract is guaranteed, well that is at least $4 million we would owe him from 2018-2022.

You mean to say that we are going to pay $12 million to get rid of these people, then an additional $1 million per year for an AD, plus probably $4 million per year for a head coach, and another $3.5 million for assistants?

So you think it'd be a better idea to keep Long & Bielema and pay them this money?  We're gonna have to pay someone, maybe their replacements won't be a couple of doofuses.

HoggyCat

Quote from: Arthur pigby sellers. on November 06, 2017, 10:36:38 pm
Good question. Does this time line work for us?  I assume an AD search will probably take at least a month. Then the new AD has to immediately begin a coaching search to pick a coach in time to complete the recruiting class.

There's several people that would be able to move right into that chair and

A: make better hires
B: raise MORE money

And we wouldn't be without an AD but over the weekend.

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 06, 2017, 10:39:49 pm
There's several people that would be able to move right into that chair and

A: make better hires
B: raise MORE money

And we wouldn't be without an AD but over the weekend.
Raise more money?

Are we lacking in this department?

Can you link me to an article discussing this?
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: Porkchop#1 on November 06, 2017, 10:37:52 pm
So you think it'd be a better idea to keep Long & Bielema and pay them this money?  We're gonna have to pay someone, maybe their replacements won't be a couple of doofuses.
Long, yes.  Has done nothing to deserve being terminated.

Bielema, no.  Has done nothing to deserve keeping his job.
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

rogersvillemohog

First, thank you all for the positive response to my email. I spent a good amount of time at the end of the work day thinking it out lol.

Quote from: a shady hog on November 06, 2017, 09:42:38 pm
If Long is fired or resigns, would that delay a change in firing and hiring of a new coach? Usually the new AD makes that decision. So a search for a new AD may take awhile and then there would be a coaching search. For everyone wanting Bielema gone and hiring a new coach, myself included, getting a new AD now may not be wise especially with the early signing period starting this year.

Secondly, I would think they would go with either A) search firm hired by the BOT or B) search committee selected by the BOT. (Think Bazzle, Joe Ferguson, maybe one of the Broyles kids, etc etc).
Arkansas Football: It's the players running through the A, Hog Hats, and Big Red. It's more than 70,000 fans calling, "WOO PIG SOOIE!"

Arkansas Football: It's the State of Arkansas banding together behind one team, and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are... chosen. They wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks.

Together we stand as tall as the towers of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walk. And our blood flows Razorbacks Red. For 100 years we've been Hogwild and today we continue the tradition.

We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

jgphillips3

If the BOT hands Long a pink slip, then hires a coach and guarantees his contract, what does that coach have to fear from the AD?  If the new AD crossed him, you think the coach wouldn't run that up the ladder to the board who can remind the new AD what they did to his predecessor?

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: rogersvillemohog on November 06, 2017, 10:42:56 pm
First, thank you all for the positive response to my email. I spent a good amount of time at the end of the work day thinking it out lol.

Secondly, I would think they would go with either A) search firm hired by the BOT or B) search committee selected by the BOT. (Think Bazzle, Joe Ferguson, maybe one of the Broyles kids, etc etc).
I wonder if anyone on Hogville could truly name a viable candidate for AD.

Tim Horton, Harold Horton, Terry Don Phillips, and Ken Hatfield are not viable candidates.
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: rogersvillemohog on November 06, 2017, 08:43:29 pm
Just in case anyone else wants to send emails to the BOT, Chancellor, and/or President here are their UArk e-mail addresses. All public record so no need to worry about FOIA type stuff lol.

bhyneman@uasys.edu
mwaldrip@uasys.edu
mharriman@uasys.edu
keichler@uasys.edu
dpryor@uasys.edu
jgoodson@uasys.edu
sbroughton@uasys.edu
cgibson@uasys.edu
snelson@uasys.edu
tboyer@uasys.edu
chancell@uark.edu
dbobbitt@uasys.edu

I just emailed everyone of those people.

Subject: Replace Bret Please

Body: Have a nice day.

I definitely don't feel great about asking one person to fire another person, what if I was the person about to get fired, but I guess that what comes with the job.  Also, deep inside, even though going in a new direction is a little scary, I know we'll be better off with a new coach bc Bielema actually isn't a good head coach.  That being said, I'm doing my part by pushing the needle a little bit towards firing Bret.

I encourage you all to buck up and do the same. 

rogersvillemohog

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 06, 2017, 10:45:58 pm

Tim Horton, Harold Horton, Terry Don Phillips, and Ken Hatfield are not viable candidates.

Mike Alden is available. He did great things at Mizzou (I know, I know). Hired Pinkel and Mike Anderson, is a money making machine, and helped lead Missouri into the SEC. That place has absolutely fallen apart since he left.
Arkansas Football: It's the players running through the A, Hog Hats, and Big Red. It's more than 70,000 fans calling, "WOO PIG SOOIE!"

Arkansas Football: It's the State of Arkansas banding together behind one team, and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are... chosen. They wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks.

Together we stand as tall as the towers of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walk. And our blood flows Razorbacks Red. For 100 years we've been Hogwild and today we continue the tradition.

We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

WoooPigBrewie

Could you imagine if last year we fired Enos and promoted Lunney to OC.

After 6 games this year, we fired Bielema and named Lunney interim HC.  He goes 4-3 in the interim.

The AD has a "gut" feeling about him and promotes him to full time HC.

The next year, with a built roster, he goes 9-5.

Then in year three, he regresses to 6-7.

The pitchforks would be out.

However, little does Hogville know that Lunney would go on to have six straight 10 win seasons and win a National Championship in year eight.

That is the Dabo Swinney story.

DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: rogersvillemohog on November 06, 2017, 10:49:47 pm
Mike Alden is available. He did great things at Mizzou (I know, I know). Hired Pinkel and Mike Anderson, is a money making machine, and helped lead Missouri into the SEC. That place has absolutely fallen apart since he left.
Interesting.

Is he not technically a "Yankee" and thus disqualified?
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 06, 2017, 10:52:26 pm
Could you imagine if last year we fired Enos and promoted Lunney to OC.

After 6 games this year, we fired Bielema and named Lunney interim HC.  He goes 4-3 in the interim.

The AD has a "gut" feeling about him and promotes him to full time HC>

The next year, with a built roster, he goes 9-5.

Then in year three, he regresses to 6-7.

The pitchforks would be out.

However, little does Hogville know that Lunney would go on to have 6 straight 10 win seasons and win a National Championship in year 8.

That is the Dabo Swinney story.

Are you implying us fans are too quick to want to fire a coach?

I'm for firing him because I don't think he gets his team prepared in time.  It's always so reactive.  He's proved it time and time again, so we'll never win anything of significance with that. 

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on November 06, 2017, 10:56:46 pm
Are you implying us fans are too quick to want to fire a coach?

I'm for firing him because I don't think he gets his team prepared in time.  It's always so reactive.  He's proved it time and time again, so we'll never win anything of significance with that.
I agree that he has not done anything to keep his job.

My point is, it hasn't worked out.  Doesn't mean, at the time, it was a bad decision to hire him
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

(notOM)Rebel123

"Think Bazzel"....no thanks.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

HoggyCat

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 06, 2017, 10:41:02 pm
Raise more money?

Are we lacking in this department?

Can you link me to an article discussing this?

Everyone wants to give jeffi credit for fund raising. He has nothing do with private donations from the average fan.

In all actuality, there's lots of money waiting to be sent in when he's gone. And that's not just talk or a fabrication. I was told that from a higher up in the foundation. We were talking one day and I told him I wasn't giving a dime again until Long is gone. He said I was one of many that have voiced that. Some have quit donating and others have scaled it back to a minimum just so they don't lose their position.

Like it or not, jeffi is doing more harm than good. You'll all eventually see it.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 06, 2017, 10:32:19 pm
So ponder this:

Long may survive....in name only so to speak.

PRJ

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 06, 2017, 11:02:51 pm
Everyone wants to give jeffi credit for fund raising. He has nothing do with private donations from the average fan.

In all actuality, there's lots of money waiting to be sent in when he's gone. And that's not just talk or a fabrication. I was told that from a higher up in the foundation. We were talking one day and I told him I wasn't giving a dime again until Long is gone. He said I was one of many that have voiced that. Some have quit donating and others have scaled it back to a minimum just so they don't lose their position.

Like it or not, jeffi is doing more harm than good. You'll all eventually see it.
Are you saying the Foundation financial records and reports have been falsified to show that we are at all time highs in donations and annual fund members?

Have you ever seen an annual report or read it?  They send it every year.  Kinda interesting.  You should pick up a copy.
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 06, 2017, 10:59:34 pm
I agree that he has not done anything to keep his job.

My point is, it hasn't worked out.  Doesn't mean, at the time, it was a bad decision to hire him

oh yea agree

EastexHawg

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 06, 2017, 11:04:41 pm
Long may survive....in name only so to speak.

PRJ

Surely a man with Long's legendary level of integrity would step aside rather than hang on drawing a salary when the board made it clear they had no confidence in him.

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 06, 2017, 11:12:44 pm
Surely a man with Long's legendary level of integrity would step aside rather than hang on drawing a salary when the board made it clear they had no confidence in him.
Surely a man with Petrino's legendary level of coaching genius would step aside after a 6-6 season with a Heisman QB.
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

EastexHawg

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 06, 2017, 11:15:52 pm
Surely a man with Petrino's legendary level of coaching genius would step aside after a 6-6 season with a Heisman QB.

Keep holding onto that rope.  Jeff is counting on you.

rtr

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 06, 2017, 11:15:52 pm
PRJ must be on to something, this guy comes on here spinning like a top.  I think JL has sailed into troubled waters.  Of course WPB will respond within seconds to this with a denial.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

moses_007

Just sent an email to each BOT member, the UA President and Chancellor.  Here's my letter:

Gentlemen,
I have been a lifelong Razorback fan, having seen my first Arkansas game in 1959 against TCU in Little Rock when I was 14 years old.  For years I bought season tickets to all the Little Rock games.

I am writing you to express my discontent with the current state of the Arkansas football program.  Our once proud Razorback football program has fallen to unbelievable lows the last six years.   Razorback pride has all but vanished.  I long for the great days again like we had in the SWC when I went into every single game expecting a Razorback victory.  Now I go into each game expecting a loss.  I long again for the days when you'd hear the fans chant, "Hey, Hey, Arkansas to the Cotton Bowl."

As you know, our current athletic director has bombed out in every football coaching hire since he's been here.  Petrino was his best hire, but you know how that turned out.  John L. Smith and Bret Bielema have been absolute disasters.  Bielema has been in the cellar of the SEC West more often than he's been out of it.  Arkansas is in the cellar again right now.....

Bielema has totally lost his fan base, me included.  I read an article a week ago that indicated that Bielema had the smallest fan base support of any SEC coach at only 18 percent.  The media has turned on him too, with Paul Finebaum calling our football program a "dumpster fire," and ESPN and Yahoo Sports writers as well saying the program is a disaster. 

I believe there are quality athletes on this year's team and they deserve better coaching.  The fans deserve a better coach as well.

I pray that you gentlemen will take the proper steps to right the program to where it needs to be.  If that means that both Bielema and Jeff Long need dismissed, then so be it.

I want to see Razorback pride once again.  Thank you for your time.

Moses_007
Little Rock, Arkansas

Three and Snout

Would the BOT really make the hire over the president or chancellor in the absence of an AD?  I could see lots of BOT and search firm/committee input, but the decision ultimately resting with one of those men.

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: rtr on November 06, 2017, 11:23:44 pm
PRJ must be on to something, this guy comes on here spinning like a top.  I think JL has sailed into troubled waters.  Of course WPB will respond within seconds to this with a denial.
Spinning like the top from Inception.

Crazy movie.
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

rtr

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 06, 2017, 11:35:46 pm
Spinning like the top from Inception.

Crazy movie.
Nice deflection, doing better than you were earlier tonight.

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: rtr on November 06, 2017, 11:37:13 pm
Nice deflection, doing better than you were earlier tonight.
Thanks, it is like a good halftime adjustment.
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

rtr

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 06, 2017, 11:38:28 pm
Thanks, it is like a good halftime adjustment.
No peanut butter and jelly for you.

jgphillips3

Quote from: Three and Snout on November 06, 2017, 11:25:02 pm
Would the BOT really make the hire over the president or chancellor in the absence of an AD?  I could see lots of BOT and search firm/committee input, but the decision ultimately resting with one of those men.

I'm sure the President or Chancellor would sign off, but I'm pretty sure it would be the BOT doing the negotiating and putting it together.

presidenthog

I have been told Jeff long is getting a raise and an extension, and that Bert will be kept at 5-7, possibly even 4-8 because Jeff long has given everyone his vote of confidence for Bert. Sorry everyone but this is going to be hell for the next few years. :puke:

moses_007

Quote from: presidenthog on November 07, 2017, 02:05:38 am
I have been told Jeff long is getting a raise and an extension, and that Bert will be kept at 5-7, possibly even 4-8 because Jeff long has given everyone his vote of confidence for Bert. Sorry everyone but this is going to be hell for the next few years. :puke:
I hope you heard wrong.  If this is true I will  :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

moses_007

This email from BOT member Boyer has got to mean that change is coming.  As to when, who, or how soon, we don't know yet.

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on November 06, 2017, 07:12:25 pm
New Chancellor likes good football? That's a plus.
You might like to hear this.  Steinmetz is from Michigan originally.  I wish everyone had a chance to meet him.  Amazing guy.  This sold me on him.  One Sunday we went to the Foghorn's Sports Bar by Baum Stadium for lunch after church.  There sits Steinmetz and his wife glued to the TV watching their Lions play and he is into the game.  Hanging on every play. I've also had the chance to be up in the Chancellor's box at a few baseball games.  He's there to shake hands and do the Chancellor thing with donors, but the focus is in the game.  He can to the suit and tie thing very well, but he can also throw on a Lions sweatshirt and relate to common fans like me and the students.  He's a good one.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

moses_007

I just now received an email response from John Goodson, a BOT member, thanking me for my email to him. 

The more of us that will take the time to email all the BOT members, the better.  If you want Bielema and/or Long gone, please take the time to do it.  Their email addresses are posted twice in this thread.  Just copy the list and paste in your "send email to" box, and the email client will automatically put a semicolon between each email address.  Type one nice letter about your concerns, and press "send".  It will go to all BOT members, the U of A President and Chancellor.  Just be nice........

bhyneman@uasys.edu
mwaldrip@uasys.edu
mharriman@uasys.edu
keichler@uasys.edu
dpryor@uasys.edu
jgoodson@uasys.edu
sbroughton@uasys.edu
cgibson@uasys.edu
snelson@uasys.edu
tboyer@uasys.edu
chancell@uark.edu
dbobbitt@uasys.edu

HardCore

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 06, 2017, 10:45:58 pm

And why are those not viable candidates for at least a short 2 year term to right the ship (except probably Tim)?  A lobotomized Jack Nicholson would be a better situation than we currently have.  I would literally suffer through another year of Bielema if the trade off was getting rid of Long. 
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Ironhawg on November 06, 2017, 06:45:38 pm
Does the north end zone project have any impact on retaining Long?  Maybe the BoT would want that finished before he departs?

Companies start building projects all the time and then the boss leaves before it's finished. There is always someone in charge of finishing it.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 06, 2017, 07:14:05 pm
That may be the case, but you know as well as the rest of us that that doesn't mean that he is always guaranteed five more years.  How many years did Petrino have on his contract.

I guess I don't see how that's applicable.  BP was fired for cause, it didn't matter what was left on his contract.  I'm I missing something?
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

hawgon

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on November 07, 2017, 06:13:59 am
I guess I don't see how that's applicable.  BP was fired for cause, it didn't matter what was left on his contract.  I'm I missing something?

Okay, who said, "My contract says 2012" shortly before he was fired in 2007?

BR

TCU Chris Del Conte would be an awesome AD..
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: island hog on November 06, 2017, 08:57:02 pm
Same conversation going on over on the TexAgs board... back and forth about who the new coach should be. One guy typed " let's get a sperm sample from Saban and hire it right away!"   I laughed until I cried.  Hilarious

They're aggies .................they like sharing sperm samples.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi