Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The effects of the shoe to the playing surface-Footwear properties and football

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, October 03, 2015, 04:23:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

An interesting study. How does this effect the Hogs, and others?

The mechanism of injury in medial and high ankle sprains is commonly ascribed to excessive internal rotation of the upper body while the foot is planted on the playing surface.17 Additionally, talus motion plays an important role in developing ankle ligament strains, especially under rotational loading,35 and therefore its motion is crucial in the study of potential mechanisms of ankle ligament sprain. A shoe with a pliable upper may allow the foot to pronate while the leg is internally rotated, therefore providing a degree of eversion at the talus. This loading scenario may result in rupture of the ATiFL or high ankle sprain, a severe time-loss injury.

http://lermagazine.com/article/footwear-properties-and-football-injuries
Go Hogs Go!

Poker_hog

Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

Pulled(PP)pork

but not as bad as kicking a curb outside a club, late at night, in LR

PP

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Poker_hog on October 03, 2015, 04:28:14 pm
Nerd alert

Well yeah, I guess, if you are among the generation that doesn't read and needs a video to find interest and be entertained. Reading is your friend. Enjoy it while you can, it may soon become a thing of the past.
Go Hogs Go!

Pig Worshipper

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 03, 2015, 04:34:24 pm
Well yeah, I guess, if you are among the generation that doesn't read and needs a video to find interest and be entertained. Reading is your friend. Enjoy it while you can, it may soon become a thing of the past.
Nerd here. I enjoyed the article. Thank you for posting. I wonder what brand of shoe the author of the article would recommend for our Hogs?

Reading replaced by The Selfie.
That about says it all, doesn't it?

Poker_hog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 03, 2015, 04:34:24 pm

I'm just pulling your chains.  I've read hundreds of articles like this.  Just thought it was a little too technical for mmq.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Poker_hog on October 03, 2015, 05:12:48 pm
I'm just pulling your chains.  I've read hundreds of articles like this.  Just thought it was a little too technical for mmq.

Yeah most folks don't like to read, they prefer a short video (matching their attention spans) that tells them what to think.
Go Hogs Go!

jimmiewkersh

I must be a self loathing nerd then.  I hate reading, but do it to learn and be informed.  This article is interesting to me in particular because of all of the high ankle sprains, strains and breaks I had in Jr. High and High school athletics

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: jimmiewkersh on October 03, 2015, 05:35:12 pm
I must be a self loathing nerd then.  I hate reading, but do it to learn and be informed.  This article is interesting to me in particular because of all of the high ankle sprains, strains and breaks I had in Jr. High and High school athletics

I think it is very interesting and enlightening. One problem, you have to read, just as you did and I did.
Go Hogs Go!