Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bring your snorkel

Started by ALLVOL, October 02, 2015, 03:12:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ALLVOL

My dear Hog friends. I hope you who are coming bring rain gear. It looks like we will get drenched. But hopefully we will have an entertaining game with no injuries. Then we can all party.

razorbackkid

May want to bring an inflatable raft also. 

:razorback:
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

NuttinItUp

Hollywood_HOGan45

hogcard1964

I'm hoping for a massive lightning storm and it gets called.

jgphillips3

I keep seeing images in my head of a bizarre fourth quarter in which Tennessee's defense stands still on the field apparently unable to move and expecting to watch us score but we just fall down without being touched and throw incomplete passes and the game officials become so confused they just call it off.

murfvol

I was in Fayetteville in 2001. If we have lightening like that, I hope the game is called. The good news was I started out in the upper deck by Razorback Road, and ended up with solid seats in the lower deck on about the 30 by the second quarter.

ALLVOL

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 02, 2015, 03:20:15 pm
That's one way neither of us would lose. LOL

code red

Just looked.  Knoxville is under a Flood Watch and Hazardous Statement per NOAA.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

dffhogs

Going to be a lovely night for some football!!!!

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: murfvol on October 02, 2015, 03:27:55 pm
I was in Fayetteville in 2001. If we have lightening like that, I hope the game is called. The good news was I started out in the upper deck by Razorback Road, and ended up with solid seats in the lower deck on about the 30 by the second quarter.

One of the toughest game I've ever sat through.

Nutt tried to sit on a 3-0 lead.   It didnt end up working.

snoblind

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on October 02, 2015, 03:19:31 pm
2001 Monsoon Flashback.

Was that the Tulsa game in Fayetteville?  I remember being on the west side and there was a point where you really could not see the east side stands because it was raining so hard.

RockyMtnHog

You better take a good rain suit and build an Ark in the parking lot.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

RazorbackRon

Quote from: snoblind on October 02, 2015, 04:14:13 pm
Was that the Tulsa game in Fayetteville?  I remember being on the west side and there was a point where you really could not see the east side stands because it was raining so hard.

against TN.  1st game in the newly renovated RRS.  Game had several lightning delays and monsoon rain.
Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

code red

Parked at KUAF lot that night and stayed there until lighting quit popping.  And that stuff was HOT!!!

RazorbackRon

Quote from: code red on October 02, 2015, 09:32:26 pm
Parked at KUAF lot that night and stayed there until lighting quit popping.  And that stuff was HOT!!!

We drove home to LR after that game.  I think it was almost midnight when the game was over because of the lightning delays.  It was raining hard and the lightning was like strobe lights all the way back to LR that night\morning.  That was when the orange barrels were still up pretty much all the way on 40 from Alma to LR.  We got home at 5am.  I think it was our most miserable trip up & down the hill ever ....and we lost the game too.

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

BorderPatrol

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 02, 2015, 03:20:15 pm

Would you stop posting this stupid darn?

bp

jrhardy88

1998,poured down all game long,this time we win.
Standing on the shoulders of giants.

East Clintwood

Quote from: razorbackkid on October 02, 2015, 03:16:52 pm
May want to bring an inflatable raft also. 

:razorback:

Or an inflatable woman.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

theFlyingHog

Quote from: jgphillips3 on October 02, 2015, 03:25:51 pm
I keep seeing images in my head of a bizarre fourth quarter in which Tennessee's defense stands still on the field apparently unable to move and expecting to watch us score but we just fall down without being touched and throw incomplete passes and the game officials become so confused they just call it off.
I'm sitting in a Waffle House in Pascagoula laughing my ass off right now.

hogcard1964

Quote from: BorderPatrol on October 02, 2015, 10:01:17 pm
Would you stop posting this stupid darn?

bp

That's not "darn".   I honestly would prefer we had a week off.  Lord knows we could use it.  What would it hurt right now? We'd have a week off prior to Bama, then a week off prior to Auburn.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 03, 2015, 06:30:35 am
That's not "darn".   I honestly would prefer we had a week off.  Lord knows we could use it.  What would it hurt right now? We'd have a week off prior to Bama, then a week off prior to Auburn.

It's game day. Give your ongoing and consistent negativity a rest, if for only one day.
Go Hogs Go!

hogcard1964

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 03, 2015, 06:32:25 am
It's game day. Give your ongoing and consistent negativity a rest, if for only one day.

????.

I don't know what you're referring to in regards to negativity. I'm simply stating we could use the time off. For future reference, please stop insistently following and responding to me with veiled insults.

Good day to you sir and go Hogs.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 03, 2015, 06:40:20 am
????.

I don't know what you're referring to in regards to negativity. I'm simply stating we could use the time off. For future reference, please stop insistently following and responding to me with veiled insults.

Good day to you sir and go Hogs.

I'm not following you, just responding to recent posts, it just happens to be you at this time, this morning. And there isn't anything veiled about my response to you, give your negativity a rest for one day. It's game day, let's support the team. If we screw up again you will have an entire week to post more negativity.
Go Hogs Go!

nchogg

Rain with fog mixed in. Smokey Mountain norm. I have seen the sun only for about 2 hours in NC in the last 2 weeks. Got to love it. Go Hogs!

hogcard1964

Quote from: nchogg on October 03, 2015, 06:45:31 am
Rain with fog mixed in. Smokey Mountain norm. I have seen the sun only for about 2 hours in NC in the last 2 weeks. Got to love it. Go Hogs!

I'll be in the Smokeys in a few weeks.  Beautiful country.

hogcard1964

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 03, 2015, 06:43:43 am
I'm not following you, just responding to recent posts, it just happens to be you at this time, this morning. And there isn't anything veiled about my response to you, give your negativity a rest for one day. It's game day, let's support the team. If we screw up again you will have an entire week to post more negativity.

Understood

I'm just not trying to argue.  I apologize for offending if I did.

Bacons Rebellion

Latest forecast this morning for Knoxville from NOAA:

Rain before 8pm, then showers likely after 8pm. The rain could be heavy at times. Low around 58. Northeast wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

I'm supposing rain should benefit our straight ahead between the tackle running plays.
I'm hoping it hurts Dobbs' open field running ability.

The negative effect on passing games is there, but is usually overrated. The ball is kept dry unless it's a heavy rain and the defensive backs are somewhat more likely to lose their footing than the receiver.

Traditionally, we play fairly well in the rain, but that history pre-dates these players, so it doesn't really matter.

hoglady

Wish it was raining here in Central Arkansas instead - we need it desperately.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hogcard1964

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on October 03, 2015, 08:12:37 am
That night in 2001 my car broke down in the middle of Razorback road after the game, blocking thousands of cold, wet, and pissed off razorback fans.

Wasn't that something like a 10-3 loss?

hogcard1964

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on October 03, 2015, 08:19:08 am
Yes. We led 3-0 and nutt tried to sit on the lead. Miserable night.

Sounds eerily familiar.

goodguytex

Quote from: RazorbackRon on October 02, 2015, 09:39:24 pm
We drove home to LR after that game.  I think it was almost midnight when the game was over because of the lightning delays.  It was raining hard and the lightning was like strobe lights all the way back to LR that night\morning.  That was when the orange barrels were still up pretty much all the way on 40 from Alma to LR.  We got home at 5am.  I think it was our most miserable trip up & down the hill ever ....and we lost the game too.
I remember being at that game. I left the game with my feet soaking wet, and the next day I had one of the worst colds I have ever had. Stayed with me for over 2 months.

RazorbackRon

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on October 03, 2015, 08:12:37 am
That night in 2001 my car broke down in the middle of Razorback road after the game, blocking thousands of cold, wet, and pissed off razorback fans.

Worst traffic I ever saw at a Razorback game was that night.  Between all the new people at the expanded RRS and your car break down it was a terrible night and it was still pouring the whole time.

Quote from: goodguytex on October 03, 2015, 09:01:47 am
I remember being at that game. I left the game with my feet soaking wet, and the next day I had one of the worst colds I have ever had. Stayed with me for over 2 months.

I understand.  My wife and I (and I'm sure everyone) was completely soaked to the bone after that game.  No amount of rain gear can keep you dry in weather like that.   I felt like I didn't dry out until a couple of days later.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: RazorbackRon on October 02, 2015, 07:27:12 pm
against TN.  1st game in the newly renovated RRS.  Game had several lightning delays and monsoon rain.

Yep.  I was there.  It was awesome, except for the hundred stoppages and the loss.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.