Do the Hogs beat Tennessee?

Yes
177 (52.7%)
No
177 (52.7%)

Total Members Voted: 336

WhatsitHOGabout

razorsharptusk

If we can find a running game early and win time of possession, and if our defense can get some stops and get off the field, I can see us pulling this off in a close one.  I don't see Tennessee having the quick strike offense that TAMU had.  That said, I know they have some great backs and the QB is mobile which gives our defense fits.   We have to have success running the ball and the defense has to step up, especially against the pass.
GO HOGS!!

Breems

No. Giving Tennessee the 4th quarter screw-up advantage on their home field.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Wild Bill Hog

No.  I haven't watched Tinner this year, but I have watched us.

John Futrall

I voted Yes and No because the poll stated I could

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: John Futrall on October 02, 2015, 12:00:19 pm

Why not.  LOL

alohawg

Define beat.......j/k, no, don't see it.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

KlubhouseKonnected

I want us to win and I believe we can, but I don't believe we will.

I'm hoping to find reason to believe moving forward once the final whistle blows.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

smb

I would loved to see the hogs win by putting a complete game together. But careless mistakes at key times has cost the hogs dearly. It would be really nice to see them make a first down on 4th and 2 or drive the field for a winning touchdown. But right now I just don't think they are capable of doing it. I think Tennessee's quarterback will keep the chains moving by picking up first downs when they need it.
GeorgiaHOG

phadedhawg

I totally think we can win and I'm very confident we won't. 

To pick the Hogs in a road SEC game would be foolish.  We haven't won one in years...

DiamondHogFan

Literally can't go wrong there.

Smokehouse

This poll violates Hogville unwritten by-law #4172, also known as the "frito pie" clause.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on October 02, 2015, 11:51:07 am
No.  I haven't watched Tinner this year, but I have watched us.

We HAVE to show that we have discipline, creative play-calling on O and D and heart - something we haven't seen yet.  I hope that changes tomorrow.  If not, we are in really bad shape.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

fanofthehog

Quote from: phadedhawg on October 02, 2015, 01:25:18 pm
I totally think we can win and I'm very confident we won't. 

To pick the Hogs in a road SEC game would be foolish.  We haven't won one in years...
When was the last road conference win?

sickboy

I did too. I think it counts as a moral victory.

sickboy

Quote from: fanofthehog on October 02, 2015, 11:38:43 pm
When was the last road conference win?

October 6, 2012 at Auburn. Almost three years to the day.

fanofthehog

Quote from: sickboy on October 03, 2015, 12:42:29 am
October 6, 2012 at Auburn. Almost three years to the day.
Dear JFB, that has been a long time...

spiritof92

Voted with my heart again.

Right now I wish we could just make Frank's assessment of our program come true.  I believe he assessed our program at 6th to 8th in the conference.  Be real glad when we reach that potential.  TN in a close one, BUT, the team who has matured the most will win.  Doubt that is us.

hoglady

Tennessee starts fast - scores a lot of points early.
If we allow that to happen, the game will be over before halftime.
Just can't see us being able to come back from a big 2nd half deficit the way Okla and Florida did.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

MuskogeeHogFan

Some of you folks need to find another team to pull for that makes you happier on a Saturday morning. Waking up with negative thoughts just ruins your day.
Go Hogs Go!

Hogsfan1981

alohawg

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 03, 2015, 08:27:58 am
Some of you folks need to find another team to pull for that makes you happier on a Saturday morning. Waking up with negative thoughts just ruins your day.

What do they call it when you continue to do the same thing over and over and expect different results? I think it just gets old after a while, the results diminish expectations. Most of the negative thoughts are just from folks highly disappointed, that's all and it's understandable. Last year gave us hope, high hopes. Want positive, give the fans a reason, win some games.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on October 03, 2015, 08:24:08 am
So far, 122 delusional Homers have replied to this poll.

Or 122 realist who know that the Hogs can win on any given day if they play up to their ability.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

elksnort

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 03, 2015, 08:27:58 am
Most of us are just answering the poll. Should we lie about it?

sickboy

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on October 03, 2015, 08:24:08 am
So far, 122 delusional Homers have replied to this poll.

You don't have to be a homer to see that we can win this game.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: elksnort on October 03, 2015, 01:08:54 pm

Believing that the Hogs will lose is one thing.  Calling everyone who thinks we will win "delusional homers" is quite another.  It wasn't you, but others are going out of there way to be derogatory instead of simply stating their opinion.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.

elksnort

Quote from: The Chief on October 03, 2015, 01:18:29 pm
Believing that the Hogs will lose is one thing.  Calling everyone who thinks we will win "delusional homers" is quite another.  It wasn't you, but others are going out of there way to be derogatory instead of simply stating their opinion.
I am just afraid the Vol are suddenly going to find their passing game thereby becoming balanced. We haven't win an SEC road game since Auburn. So no, I am not confident.

yraciv

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: spiritof92 on October 03, 2015, 01:11:36 am
Voted with my heart again.

Never again, until someone at the U of A decides that winning football games is important.  It's not my responsibility to blindly support someone failing at a job that pays them 40 time what I make.

I can't even imagine a world were that would be smart.

spiritof92

Why are some people making it out as if Tennessee is some kind of world beater that always finishes off opponents? 

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

Absofreakinlutely!!

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

SemperFi

I say a resounding yes, because that is where my heart is. I'll be watching and cheering my Hogs onto a win. WOO PIG SOOIE!
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

lefty08

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on October 03, 2015, 01:31:58 pm
Never again, until someone at the U of A decides that winning football games is important.  It's not my responsibility to blindly support someone failing at a job that pays them 40 time what I make.

Why are you here?

Why do you continue to "support" then?

Im asking because im curious.

Ive been on here for a couple years and i dont remember ever reading a positive post from you, seriously, I want to know the answers

If you arent here to be negative, but you continue to be over-negative, why even come here to begin with?
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

solitons

I chose that we beat teen, I really wish we will, go hogs,

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: lefty08 on October 03, 2015, 04:18:37 pm

Why are you here?

Why do you continue to "support" then?

Im asking because im curious.

Ive been on here for a couple years and i dont remember ever reading a positive post from you, seriously, I want to know the answers

If you arent here to be negative, but you continue to be over-negative, why even come here to begin with?

Because I'm a Razorback fan not an AD or Coach fan like a lot of you.  See the difference in you and me is I don't see supporting a winning attitude as negative.  You don't care either way.

I could ask you the same question, why don't you just spend your time on the golf course with whomever your drilling over at the moment.

lefty08

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on October 03, 2015, 04:22:35 pm
Because I'm a Razorback fan not an AD or Coach fan like a lot of you.  See the difference in you and me is I don't see supporting a winning attitude as negative.  You don't care either way.

What?
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

Cinco de Hogo

lefty08

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on October 03, 2015, 04:26:14 pm
You can read like it or lump it bud!

I wanted you to answer the question. Guess I was asking too much. I'll continue to read your negative responses on all boards.

I seriously believe we could wear pink for breast cancer awareness and you would see it as a negative, but it's your schtick

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: elksnort on October 03, 2015, 01:08:54 pm

Not at all, you are revealing yourselves and your level of support when the going gets tough. By all means, have at it. It is easy to be an "all-in" fan when a team is winning. The lightweights tend to bail when the going is tough. And if this doesn't apply to you, please ignore.
Go Hogs Go!

vol_in_ar

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 03, 2015, 04:28:44 pm
Not at all, you are revealing yourselves and your level of support when the going gets tough. By all means, have at it. It is easy to be an "all-in" fan when a team is winning. The lightweights tend to bail when the going is tough. And if this doesn't apply to you, please ignore.

I disliked Nutt because of personal reasons as well as my opinion about his coaching ability, yet I never bailed on the players and I haven't bailed on the players now any more than any of you did back in those years yet YOU think it differant now.  I think some people have just reversed their stand, who will be right matters not but I ain't play acting for nobody.

hehawg

Seems that the weather should favor the hogs. I think we leave with a W
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: lefty08 on October 03, 2015, 04:28:37 pm
I wanted you to answer the question. Guess I was asking too much. I'll continue to read your negative responses on all boards.

I seriously believe we could wear pink for breast cancer awareness and you would see it as a negative, but it's your schtick

The answer is in reading comprehension, why should I repeat myself for your pleasure?

elksnort

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 03, 2015, 04:28:44 pm
the poll asked who I thinks going to win. So I answered I thinks going to win. It doesn't mean that I'm not rooting for the Hogs

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on October 03, 2015, 01:31:58 pm

D'oh!!!!

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: The Chief on October 03, 2015, 05:31:50 pm
D'oh!!!!

LOL!  There's always one of you.

You do know the president doesn't write his own speeches for a reason don't you?

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on October 03, 2015, 05:40:04 pm
LOL!  There's always one of you.

You do know the president doesn't write his own speeches for a reason don't you?

:P

hogfan68

Blutoblutarsky

14-cock vols. Ballgame