Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Defense and Running the Football Wins Championships

Started by cubsfan5150, October 02, 2015, 06:18:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: farmhawg on October 03, 2015, 04:59:07 pm
Yep. We should settle for the crappy product that is being put on the field because we can't do any better......

It isn't over, not by a long shot. I'll agree that I am disappointed so far, but some of you should be ashamed for abandoning support of the Hogs and the staff so quickly. Yeah, we should be 4-0 right now, I agree. And you know what else? We are good enough to be 4-0 right now. The staff has made some mistakes, no doubt about that. But we are very close to being what we were last year, a break-out team.

I won't argue that we should have been a break-out team from the first game of the season, but we are learning a new offensive philosophy (once again) and the defense just hasn't been what it was at the end of last year (for whatever reason). Had the offense been what it should have been and the defense as well, we would be 4-0. i don't blame the players or circumstances, I blame the staff for not getting it all together sooner. Not sure how that has not happened.

But what I do know is that this team is a lot better than what it has shown. No one wants to hear that, but it is the truth and none of our games should have come down to putting the game on BA's back to win.

I think we see a better and more dedicated team this week that will not be denied a win. We should have beaten A&M and they are infinitely more talented than Tennessee.
Go Hogs Go!

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 03, 2015, 04:43:14 pm
So enlightening. If it is that easy maybe you should submit your resume to Long?

No I want Long's job. 

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 03, 2015, 04:55:25 pm
Alert! Alert! Your bias is showing. Gus ain't coming, neither is Petrino, nor Art Briles.

So, since I am now the AD, how about Chad Morris?  Can I get backing from the RF?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on October 03, 2015, 05:14:29 pm
No I want Long's job. 

Qualifications? If you are going to apply by all means list your qualifications compared to that of Jeff Long. No wait...I don't want you to be embarrassed. Nevermind.
Go Hogs Go!

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 03, 2015, 05:12:34 pm
It isn't over, not by a long shot. I'll agree that I am disappointed so far, but some of you should be ashamed for abandoning support of the Hogs and the staff so quickly. Yeah, we should be 4-0 right now, I agree. And you know what else? We are good enough to be 4-0 right now. The staff has made some mistakes, no doubt about that. But we are very close to being what we were last year, a break-out team.

I won't argue that we should have been a break-out team from the first game of the season, but we are learning a new offensive philosophy (once again) and the defense just hasn't been what it was at the end of last year (for whatever reason). Had the offense been what it should have been and the defense as well, we would be 4-0. i don't blame the players or circumstances, I blame the staff for not getting it all together sooner. Not sure how that has not happened.

But what I do know is that this team is a lot better than what it has shown. No one wants to hear that, but it is the truth and none of our games should have come down to putting the game on BA's back to win.

I think we see a better and more dedicated team this week that will not be denied a win. We should have beaten A&M and they are infinitely more talented than Tennessee.

I disagree, I think most of us think the team is better than our record, isn't that the problem we have with the staff?  Pressure is on until they correct the situation, and that's all it is for me...pressure.

Since I'm the AD!

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 03, 2015, 05:19:07 pm
Qualifications? If you are going to apply by all means list your qualifications compared to that of Jeff Long. No wait...I don't want you to be embarrassed. Nevermind.

Monday Morning Armchair Quarterback,

However I do think winning is important!

Oliver

For me the situation is easy.  I believed before the season this team had 7 wins worth of talent.  Nothing has led me to believe otherwise.  Bielema has 8 games left to win 6.  If he does, he'll still have my support.  If he doesn't, my opinion won't matter in terms of what happens to him, but he's lost my support.  Winning tonight would certainly be a good step toward those 6 wins

farmhawg

So it's the coach's fault? You really can't have it both ways.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

LZH

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 03, 2015, 05:12:34 pmI think we see a better and more dedicated team this week that will not be denied a win. We should have beaten A&M and they are infinitely more talented than Tennessee.

If BB has ever had a 'now or never' game, this is it.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: farmhawg on October 03, 2015, 05:59:20 pm
So it's the coach's fault? You really can't have it both ways.

Man give it a rest, it's always the coaches fault.  That is why we pay a 45 year old man 3.7 mil and a bunch of 18-22 year olds don't get paid.

If you talk about the players it should only be particular situations but f it's the overall play of the team it's coaches.