Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema's comments

Started by BadHog, September 28, 2015, 02:33:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: Surfing8 on September 28, 2015, 03:16:25 pm
Actually it seems most of the posters 'defending Bielema' turn right around and imply that our players are not good enough as a common defense/excuse.

Which I'm sure the players love hearing/reading.  Especially all the players that received multiple Big 5 Conf offers. 

I think you meant to say that all those posters attacking Bielema always refer to our recruiting rankings and say we can't compete being #10 in the SEC.

jgphillips3

All BA has to do is WIN a game at the end for the talk to go away.  Unfortunately, our coach keeps putting him in terrible positions with bad strategy and time management.  I think it's to the point of self fulfilling prophecy at this point for BA.  I hate it for the kid but he does find a way to lose every close game.  Win a few of those and the talk will change.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 28, 2015, 02:49:21 pm
Someone needs to say to Jwill that these boards/forums are full of a bunch of idiots and 99.9% bashing a player are *** people merely jealous of the opportunity BA has been given.  They are also just lunatic fans that don't know much if anything about the game itself. 

Not 1 play, even if it hits the field goal post or is 2 yards short, decide the outcome of a 60 minutes 120+ play game.  Sadly, those early referred to idiots aren't capable of seeing that.  They would rather publicly bash everything possible and everyone, no matter the harm it may cause.
All plays and all times of the game are not equal, and for you not to comprehend that shows truly how little you know!

Kevin

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 28, 2015, 03:11:33 pm
All I can say our QB is a 5th year SR who throughout his career has FAILED to win a game in the 4th Quarter.  As they say THAT A FACT JACK! Sorry he feeling the pressure of his own FAILURES!

FACT
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

hogsanity

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on September 28, 2015, 03:27:14 pm
All plays and all times of the game are not equal, and for you not to comprehend that shows truly how little you know!

I guess when the Hogs had it 1st and 10 at the A&M 22, then had two consecutive holding penalties making 1st and 30 were really no big deal since it did not happen in the last 5 minutes of play.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: BadHog on September 28, 2015, 03:17:53 pm
I guess I didn't use the correct punctuation. I wasn't saying to replace Ledbetter and Beanum with anyone. Just that they were gassed toward the end. Then I proceeded to indicate that I was surprised that Jackson and Fro didn't play - at all. That's all. Hope I cleared that up.

On the other hand, we need more athletic pass rushers.

Taiwan Johnson did not play much either. I guess we have the answer to the question - did Taiwan's 20-pound weight gain affect his speed/quickness?
[CENSORED]!

DeltaBoy

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 28, 2015, 03:13:21 pm
Actually they usually use an apostrophe and say "that's a fact Jack".   So you've got a bit of a failure of your own to feel the pressure of.  But yours is just consistently bad apostrophe usage, luckily.   ;)

This is Sports message board not Freshman English 101.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Bowfishinghogfan

Players aren't reading message boards. As much as some want that to be true, it's not. They know what comes with it. I'm sure he's reading stories in the news and Twitter/FB. It is what it is. We are no different than any other team sucking right now.

hoglady

Quote from: code red on September 28, 2015, 02:39:02 pm
I hate it for BA.  Good kid.  But.  Why do we go into stall mode when we can score and put the game away?  It has yet to work.  Think about it.  Does CBB really have confidence in BAs ability to do that?

The stall mode puts the weight of world on BA's shoulders at end of these games.
Just play - we were clipping along at a nice pace mixing the pass and run with a confident BA.
Then the approach changed and the offensive rhythm was gone.
Then we were doomed.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

ricepig

Quote from: hoglady on September 28, 2015, 03:39:09 pm
The stall mode puts the weight of world on BA's shoulders at end of these games.
Just play - we were clipping along at a nice pace mixing the pass and run with a confident BA.
Then we were doomed.

Stall mode, we drove it from our 15 to their 35yr line, I like that kind of stall. We also had pass plays called and BA ran on two of them, so I guess that stalled us.

Biggus Piggus

Guys - Half the people posting on here are using smartphones. They're lucky they can post anything without having a word replaced by something from the bizarre world of auto-correct. Punctuation is definitely optional. Android auto-correct does not even recognize an apostrophe and will treat everything coming after it as if it's a separate word.

My auto-correct wants to put spaces between words when I do not want them. If I remove the space, auto-correct tries to correct just the letters after the space. On my phone, "sucky crap" turned into "Suck Carl," which I insist altered the meaning of my expression.
[CENSORED]!

hogsanity

Quote from: hoglady on September 28, 2015, 03:39:09 pm
Then we were doomed.

I must have watched a different game. What I saw was taking over deep in our own end with about 10:15 left, and methodically moving the chains, just as they had done much of the game, eating almost 6 minutes, and moving the ball inside the A&M 40. Then they were going for the game ender, needing 3 yards on 4th and 3, making it gives them a 1st down, A&m down to one time out, and puts them in easier Fg range. Make it, and they run another 2 minutes off the clock, even if they just run 4 more plays and turn it over on downs.  Then this years big bugaboo popped up again and they get a penatly, making it 4th and 8 and pushing them outside Fg range. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hawginbigd1

Quote from: hogsanity on September 28, 2015, 03:34:48 pm
I guess when the Hogs had it 1st and 10 at the A&M 22, then had two consecutive holding penalties making 1st and 30 were really no big deal since it did not happen in the last 5 minutes of play.
You may want this to be a black and white conversation but it is not, as someone who officiates a game should understand, what happens in the first inning is not nearly as critical, as what happens in the 7th-9th. All games build on themselves from start to finish, Kirkland's false start was much more critical than if it had happened in the first 3 qtrs. When the clock is running out you can no longer overcome your mistakes. I mean this is elementary stuff we are talking about here, not rocket surgery.

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on September 28, 2015, 03:49:06 pm
You may want this to be a black and white conversation but it is not, as someone who officiates a game should understand, what happens in the first inning is not nearly as critical, as what happens in the 7th-9th. All games build on themselves from start to finish, Kirkland's false start was much more critical than if it had happened in the first 3 qtrs. When the clock is running out you can no longer overcome your mistakes. I mean this is elementary stuff we are talking about here, not rocket surgery.

It doesn't compute with him.

PRJ

Grizzlyfan

The most "misunderstood" player?  What the heck does that even mean.  I don't think anyone is trying to psychoanalyze BA or saying that he isn't a fine human being.  But every player at every major football program is questioned on message boards.  It's part of the game.  Win a game.

Psychohog

Never smarten up a chump.

WilsonHog

I am sure that BA feels "the pressure of his own failures," more than you ever could or would.

Do any of y'all actually think YOU want him to do better more so than he does? 'Cause here's the truth: when he doesn't perform well, he is letting down teammates that he has sweated, bled, and worked with. Think he feels all warm and fuzzy about that?

If BA were your son, would you attack him the same way you do now? Of course you wouldn't, and you'd be pissed if anyone else did.

See, they expect more of their "fans" than you are willing to deliver, and when they call you on it - as Jonathan Williams did - you get all defensive and start uttering nonsense like "Hey, fan is short for fanatic," as if that is somehow supposed to excuse your behavior.

No, it isn't the fans' fault that BA doesn't play well; however, if he and his teammates believe, based on what they read on the internet, that BA is getting a raw deal from the fans, then that is most definitely the fans' fault - because no one is typing words for you.   

hawgon

His coach could at least step between him and the fans and the media like Mike Gundy did.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Psychohog on September 28, 2015, 04:05:13 pm
What does this mean?

PRJ prides himself on knowing the personal failings of our coaches and calling them out. Because coach likes to have drinks at theo's after a long day of work, he feels like that's something he can and should use against him.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Tom Bennett on September 28, 2015, 04:13:30 pm
I am sure that BA feels "the pressure of his own failures," more than you ever could or would.

Do any of y'all actually think YOU want him to do better more so than he does? 'Cause here's the truth: when he doesn't perform well, he is letting down teammates that he has sweated, bled, and worked with. Think he feels all warm and fuzzy about that?

If BA were your son, would you attack him the same way you do now? Of course you wouldn't, and you'd be pissed if anyone else did.

See, they expect more of their "fans" than you are willing to deliver, and when they call you on it - as Jonathan Williams did - you get all defensive and start uttering nonsense like "Hey, fan is short for fanatic," as if that is somehow supposed to excuse your behavior.

No, it isn't the fans' fault that BA doesn't play well; however, if he and his teammates believe, based on what they read on the internet, that BA is getting a raw deal from the fans, then that is most definitely the fans' fault - because no one is typing words for you.
TB you can bet your bottom $ I would tell my son that you can't miss that throw, pick any one of the critical ones he has missed! I don't BS anybody. I would also talk to him about all the good plays he made! Be honest with people, that is what they should want and expect to receive.

Sportster365

Did this guy just say he and Jones are recruiting the same type of recruits? No Bret you're most definitely not. IF you had, you'd probably be winning by now. Jones has been rivals #21 #5 #5 and currently #16. Bret's been nowhere near those numbers

Airforcehawg

Quote from: BadHog on September 28, 2015, 02:33:12 pm

Regarding penalties, Bielema said reducing penalties is a staple of what he believes in. The previous two years they have been one of the league's least penalized players. He said there was at least one flag that wasn't there. Bielema said the biggest play of the game, the 63-yarder, Mitchell Loewen got pulled down, and Bielema said his biggest frustration is 'let's call it both ways.' After asked about getting away with penalties, Bielema said at the point of attack, if they have committed a penalty they have essentially always been called on it.

[/i]

How that did not get called for holding I will never know. Loewen gets by the Left Guard, and the LG grabs his (Loewen's) right arm/tackles him from behind. Loewen was the only defender in the backfield which made it even more obvious.

I have a hard time believing that Refs initially miss/make questionable calls during games, but after seeing the stuff that went on in this last game and things in the past (Florida comes to mind)...it is hard not to raise an eyebrow.   

PorkRinds

Quote from: Sportster365 on September 28, 2015, 04:26:06 pm
Did this guy just say he and Jones are recruiting the same type of recruits? No Bret you're most definitely not. IF you had, you'd probably be winning by now. Jones has been rivals #21 #5 #5 and currently #16. Bret's been nowhere near those numbers

You could actually listen before you comment. He's correctly pointing out that hes recruited some of the exact same players that ended up signing with Tennessee.

WilsonHog

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on September 28, 2015, 04:22:03 pm
TB you can bet your bottom $ I would tell my son that you can't miss that throw, pick any one of the critical ones he has missed! I don't BS anybody. I would also talk to him about all the good plays he made! Be honest with people, that is what they should want and expect to receive.

Would you tell him that he sucked? Would you tell him he was horrible? Would you tell him you hoped he "got AIDS and died?"

Sportster365

similar does not have the same meaning as some of the "exact same players." Perhaps you should heed your own advice. Besides Pork the point is he should never be caught comparing any of his recruiting prowess to the job Jones is doing up there in Tennessee.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Sportster365 on September 28, 2015, 04:34:08 pm
similar does not have the same meaning as some of the "exact same players." Perhaps you should heed your own advice. Besides Pork the point is he should never be caught comparing any of his recruiting prowess to the job Jones is doing up there in Tennessee.

And he wasn't comparing his classes to theirs. Admit it. You made that comment without actually watching the presser didn't you? If you had, you'd know that what you're saying makes no sense.

Kevin

Quote from: Tom Bennett on September 28, 2015, 04:33:57 pm
Would you tell him that he sucked? Would you tell him he was horrible? Would you tell him you hoped he "got AIDS and died?"

Every team has a lunatic fringe. 

But, I would tell my kid he needs to be able to relax and play in the big moments
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Kevin on September 28, 2015, 04:40:22 pm

But, I would tell my kid he needs to be able to relax and play in the big moments

Unfortunately, telling someone how to perform in front of people doesn't do much good.  As a former performer, I am familiar with stage fright.  It is something that every performer has experienced...the successful performers learn how to overcome it and actually use the extra adrenaline to their advantage.

But, you really only learn by overcoming...it's a confidence thing.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

WilsonHog

Quote from: Kevin on September 28, 2015, 04:40:22 pm

Here's the problem with that. The lunatic fringe, those that scream the loudest and longest, and say the most vile things?

That's the brush the fan base gets painted with. People like Tammy from Auburn and those other idiots who call in to Finebaum.

Danny J

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 28, 2015, 03:01:17 pm
The guys who didn't play were sitting because they had not proven fast/quick enough to get to the quarterback. Arkansas went with the best pass rushers. Ledbetter and Beanum are by far the best pass-rushing ends. You're not going to replace them with Bijohn Jackson and Hjalte Froholdt. They are interior linemen. And they did not play because they had shown an inability to rush the passer.
Correct...aTm and TTU are not run up the gut power teams. They will get more time against Tenn.

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 28, 2015, 04:20:40 pm
PRJ prides himself on knowing the personal failings of our coaches and calling them out. Because coach likes to have drinks at theo's after a long day of work, he feels like that's something he can and should use against him.

Yes..yes, that's me. I can assure you that ain't it.

PRJ

redneckfriend

There are all kinds of what might be construed as negative comments here about Brandon Allen and they don't all fit in one category.  Some are legitimate and some are not. I would say it this way- Brandon Allen is the quarterback- his is the greatest responsibility to be a big play guy under pressure. One only has to look as far as Florida and Will Grier's play against Tennessee last week to find an example of what fans want to see in their quarterback (although his receivers did the job also). Going 5 for 5 on fourth down for over 120 yards and coming from behind to win the game at the end is the definition of playing well under pressure. Brandon Allen has never had a game like that or a game I can remember where he put the team on his shoulders and carried them, by act and example, to win a game they would otherwise have probably lost. That isn't unfair criticism of Brandon Allen- that is pointing out a fact and if that is the case then he isn't doing what he needs to do to have a remembered and storied college career. Neither did Casey Dick or a lot of other college quarterbacks, many of who I am sure were also fine people in areas much more important than college football.

bottom line- as someone said in another comment- you're the quarterback- you wanted the job and you have to know, even at 19 or 20 or 21 or 22 that part of the job is if you win you get disproportionate credit and if you lose you get disproportionate blame. No whining-suck it up and see if you can rise above your limitations.

9lthough his

Sportster365

Yep you're right PorkRinds. Is that better? That's typically what folks on here presume to hear. You know I didn't listen to the presser, I just read what the OP pasted into this thread. I read into as CBB referencing the similarities in both programs. similar players*, staffs and dilemmas.

GolfnHog

Quote from: SuperHog32 on September 28, 2015, 02:57:21 pm
every player gets trashed on message boards.  it goes along with being a D1 athlete.  bad losses + underperforming + fans on edge is going to equal some posts trashing the kid. 

that said, if he steps up and makes a play in any of the three losses that win the game, the trashing slows down tremendously.

I was under the impression those items in "bold" were grounds for being removed from the site but I digress. Having rules and policies that are unenforced are as equally bad as having no rules  in the first place. I give you Hogville.

I'm damn sure not happy with the current state of affairs but I can stand by the statement I've never trashed or bashed a player regardless of the outcome of game.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

hawginbigd1

You are correct boundaries have been crossed, but IMO it is fringe! From a personal standpoint he gets blasted harshly by me from time to time because of all the butt kissing that some on here do to him, that infuriates me! That's on me! I like the kid and he is a better QB, but QB is the most important position and he has let his team down during winning time too often!

lefty08

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on September 28, 2015, 02:58:16 pm
I like BA. He has been a very good QB this year.

Bottom line is we aren't winning and haven't won anything significant since BA has taken the QB reigns. The QB will get the glory if we win and he will be criticized if we lose.

Just the name of the game.

This isn't true of BA sadly. Winning a game won't help. You know it and I know it
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

HogPharmer

Quote from: BorderPatrol on September 28, 2015, 02:52:18 pm
I agree with this 100%.

Look at this thread, and all of MMQB for that matter.

It's sickening.

bp

Look at what it's called even... It's always easier to be an armchair QB than a real one... I've had several of bad things to say about BA over the course of the last few weeks, but after that loss Saturday, I had nothing bad to say about him. Did he make a poor pass in OT? Yes, but that was FAR from what lost the game. I think he played a great game.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Porkrind Jimmy on September 28, 2015, 02:53:55 pm
Bill Parcells used to say if you are losing games by double digits, you have a player personnel problem. And if you are losing games in the single digits, you have a coaching problem...

Oh well...back to work, keep on grinding, #uncommon and 1-0...and all that jazz.

PRJ

Bill Parcells has a lot wisdom that is very applicable and his wisdom should be followed by a lot of current Head Coaches.

After we defeated Texas Tech in 1977 in Lubbock, TX by a score of 17-14, Lou Holtz stated he was very impressed by Texas Tech's Defense and Bill Parcells' defensive coaching (Parcells defensive coached at TT from 1975 through 1977).

Steef

Quote from: GolfnHog on September 28, 2015, 05:06:45 pm
I was under the impression those items in "bold" were grounds for being removed from the site but I digress. Having rules and policies that are unenforced are as equally bad as having no rules  in the first place. I give you Hogville.

I'm damn sure not happy with the current state of affairs but I can stand by the statement I've never trashed or bashed a player regardless of the outcome of game.

I usually get complaints about TOO MUCH moderation. Now you're complaining about not enough?

You should see how many truly vile posts/threads have been removed since Saturday night. But if we get 100% of them, there wouldn't be much left right now.

BorderPatrol

Quote from: steefhog on September 28, 2015, 06:00:22 pm
I usually get complaints about TOO MUCH moderation. Now you're complaining about not enough?

You should see how many truly vile posts/threads have been removed since Saturday night. But if we get 100% of them, there wouldn't be much left right now.

Of course, they don't see that. They log on and see one thing they don't agree with and start calling out mods.

Personally, as I have said many times this fall, I think yall are doing a hell of a job keep most of the trash where it belongs.

I really think Lanny needs to give yall a raise....or at least buy yall a drink or 30.

bp

hoglady

Quote from: ricepig on September 28, 2015, 03:41:54 pm
Stall mode, we drove it from our 15 to their 35yr line, I like that kind of stall. We also had pass plays called and BA ran on two of them, so I guess that stalled us.

I saw what we did. We were a conservative team trying to not make mistakes and chew up the clock.
We succeeded for a while. We never took a risk. When RWIII was stuffed on the 1st down play that was it, we were done. We didn't throw the ball 1 time in the 4th Quarter of that game.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

ricepig

Quote from: hoglady on September 28, 2015, 06:45:33 pm
I saw what we did. We were a conservative team trying to not make mistakes and chew up the clock.
We succeeded for a while. We never took a risk. When RWIII was stuffed on the 1st down play that was it, we were done. We didn't throw the ball 1 time in the 4th Quarter of that game.

We had passes called, did we not?

hoglady

Quote from: ricepig on September 28, 2015, 06:50:56 pm
We had passes called, did we not?

I believe 2nd and 3rd down after RWIII got stuffed were pass plays.
Would you not liked to have seen us go for it and just keep calling plays the way we were earlier in half - keeping Morgan involved in the game.

ricepig

Quote from: hoglady on September 28, 2015, 06:55:42 pm
I believe 2nd and 3rd down after RWIII got stuffed were pass plays.
Would you not liked to have seen us go for it and just keep calling plays the way we were earlier in half - keeping Morgan involved in the game.

What I would have liked was to run the clock out, also, that 4th and 3 play we never got to run, it was a called pass play.

Deep Shoat

Would you egg his truck, break into his house, or burn his avalanche?
All Gas, No Brakes!

Iwastherein1969

all I know is if we continue the Allen legacy at QB next year, Bielema's honeymoon is officially over....I think this fan base has had enough Allen pulling the trigger and calling signals at the UA...if all CBB can come up with in his whole tenure at Arkansas is the Allen family calling signals, well, he needs to get the hell out of Fayetteville, AR when he's recruiting a QB....I don't care to see another Fayetteville Bulldog ever on the field at the UA...at any position
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

hoglady

Quote from: ricepig on September 28, 2015, 07:04:34 pm
What I would have liked was to run the clock out, also, that 4th and 3 play we never got to run, it was a called pass play.

But you just knew something was going to happen and that 4th and 3 wasn't going to happen.
I don't know - we just wilt under the pressure and I'm not talking about BA - I'm talking about the whole team.
How many close losses can anyone expect this team to bounce back and recover from.

ricepig

Quote from: hoglady on September 28, 2015, 07:14:15 pm
But you just knew something was going to happen and that 4th and 3 wasn't going to happen.
I don't know - we just wilt under the pressure and I'm not talking about BA - I'm talking about the whole team.
How many close losses can anyone expect this team to bounce back and recover from.

With that train of thought, then you probably thought he was going to throw a pick 6 when we started the drive on our 6 yard line.

LZH

Quote from: hawgon on September 28, 2015, 02:50:00 pm
I don't talk bad about BA.

BA would have had a star-studded career if he had gone to Tulsa or ASU.  I can not force myself to get down on him....how many OC's/QB coaches has he had?  I am crazy about the kid, but I realize (like I was in my heyday) he's limited.

Btw, can someone explain to me exactly why Chaney was let go in the first place?

Fatty McGee

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 28, 2015, 02:58:47 pm
Jwill lives and breeds for this program.

I too breed for the Hogs. 
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!