Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema's comments

Started by BadHog, September 28, 2015, 02:33:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ifghog

Quote from: hogginbama on September 30, 2015, 08:23:34 pm
Chaney had to go because the Hogville braintrust felt he was too predictable. Didn't pass enough to open the running lanes, was in the box not on the field, etc. Now we pass too much and are conservative. The best coaches a team ever has is the next one coming in or one of the last ones you got rid of. This place is worse than a bunch of ADHD kids out of medication.
^^^^This^^^^

BadHog

Quote from: ricepig on October 01, 2015, 11:42:20 am
I agree, did I say otherwise? I was just correcting his 20/20, carry on.

In his post, he actually said "at one point Allen was 20/20". He didn't say he finished the game 20/20. The last 5 incomplete passes/interception came in the 4th qtr and overtime. We all should not be in such a rush to slam each other on this board.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

hogcard1964

Quote from: gchamblee on October 01, 2015, 11:44:10 am
no you werent. it drove you crazy that someone was pointing out how well BA performed in the game. your twisting and squirming is pretty obvious. he said at one point in the game BA was 20/20 and you couldnt let it stand and felt compelled to make sure nobody forgot his end game sats, which were still pretty remarkable. carry on.

It wouldn't have mattered if he was 50 for 50 prior to his last incomplete pass in overtime.  Fact of the matter is he short armed an easy throw and we subsequently lost.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: hogsanity on October 01, 2015, 12:26:44 pm
That was the US open when Phil did that, just defied logic, and he had already won 2 Masters, but this was his best shot to win the one he really wants, the US Open.

I am not trying to act like BA has not made some bad throws, he has, at terrible times. I just can't see why he is THE ONLY player some of these people want to blame.

I'm sick and tired of you guys correcting me when I make completely erroneous statements.  8) 

I'm choking at message boarding today!   ;D
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

ricepig

Quote from: BadHog on October 01, 2015, 01:59:09 pm
In his post, he actually said "at one point Allen was 20/20". He didn't say he finished the game 20/20. The last 5 incomplete passes/interception came in the 4th qtr and overtime. We all should not be in such a rush to slam each other on this board.

Only thing, the last 5 weren't incomplete/interceptions. I was just correcting his 20/20 at that point, before the "haters" came with it. He completed a pass to JoJo on 2nd and 9 for 5 yards in OT. Why don't you read the play by play chart, then feel free to comment.

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/stats/football/2015/ar092615.htm

hogsanity

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 01, 2015, 02:03:40 pm
It wouldn't have mattered if he was 50 for 50 prior to his last incomplete pass in overtime.  Fact of the matter is he short armed an easy throw and we subsequently lost.

yes, they lost ONLY because of that throw. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hogsanity

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on October 01, 2015, 02:06:07 pm
I'm sick and tired of you guys correcting me when I make completely erroneous statements.  8) 

We should find someone who rarely watches the Hogs, and never posts, to take your place, after all they MIGHT be a real GAMER.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Soooie21

If BA wants to shut people up, make plays at the end of a tight game that help's us win.,.

gchamblee

Quote from: ricepig on October 01, 2015, 12:18:45 pm
Dude, you need to read my posting history, I'm probably one of his staunchest supporters, step away from the computer.

damn. i guess i get wound up from all the darksider posting and confused you for one of them. i looked at your post history and obviously made a mistake when lumping you into that crowd. i hope youll accept my apology. i was swinging wildly and hit you on accident.

Mulberry Squeezins

Quote from: hogginbama on September 30, 2015, 08:23:34 pm
Chaney had to go because the Hogville braintrust felt he was too predictable. Didn't pass enough to open the running lanes, was in the box not on the field, etc. Now we pass too much and are conservative. The best coaches a team ever has is the next one coming in or one of the last ones you got rid of. This place is worse than a bunch of ADHD kids out of medication.

It's the nature of the beast.  We are a small state that produces a limited number of SEC Caliber type talent.  For us to compete at a high level in the conference we need to be fielding a team that's two deep with Junior and Seniors, and when we reload, we are reloading with Junior and Seniors.  Right now we are way too dependent upon Freshmen and Sophomores filling key roles. Unfortunately this will take time.  You call it ADHD, I call it a generation of snot noses that go friken nuts if they have to wait  more than a minute for a cheeseburger.   'Long term' is a concept that doesn't register for most people today. 

hoglady

BA said it best the other day regarding the 4th quarter woes.

He said  "we get to the 4th quarter and start playing not to lose, we've got to start playing to win."
That pretty much sums up our 4th quarter problems - and it goes from the coaching staff to the offense and the defense. It's not just a BA problem - it's a team mindset and a team problem.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Dr. Pepper

Quote from: gchamblee on September 30, 2015, 05:25:04 am
he actually took the blame for all of it. you should stop posting about things you know nothing about, which would prtty much be the end of you posting here. i wont hold my breath. hogs suck and youre loving it.

Nobody on this board is happy that the hogs suck or has an anti Bret Bielema agenda.  Being critical of his performance here does not mean one has an agenda or is happy that he is approaching all time bad W-L totals here.
:razorback:   :razorback:   :razorback:

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on October 01, 2015, 02:06:07 pm

You're killing me Smalls!

Seriously, I always enjoy your posts - don't always agree, but appreciate the way you express your opinion and have utmost respect for you.

A great example of how to post without having to resort to name-calling, making fun of posters, etc.

Kudos
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

LZH

Quote from: dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya on October 01, 2015, 06:04:50 pm

Seriously, I always enjoy your posts - don't always agree, but appreciate the way you express your opinion and have utmost respect for you.

A great example of how to post without having to resort to name-calling, making fun of posters, etc.

Kudos

Smalls is actually a Klingon spy.....do NOT trust him!!!

Darren DeLoach

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 01, 2015, 02:03:40 pm

As great as Mallett is, he choked away games at the end several times. Guess he was crap was well? I hope this shtick is just for Hogville, and you are not really this irrational.
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: LZH on October 01, 2015, 07:55:47 pm
Smalls is actually a Klingon spy.....do NOT trust him!!!

Ahhh, ok.  I figured he might be hiding something..
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Dr. Pepper

Quote from: Darren DeLoach (semohawg) on October 01, 2015, 08:12:58 pm

As great as Mallett is, he choked away games at the end several times. Guess he was crap was well? I hope this shtick is just for Hogville, and you are not really this irrational.

I'm not knocking Allen or defending those who knock him, but Ryan Mallett also made some clutch plays late in games that helped us win.  Brandon Allen hasn't done that yet.

ETA: Mallett was also criticized for his late game hiccups. 
:razorback:   :razorback:   :razorback:

LZH

PonderinHog

Quote from: gchamblee on October 01, 2015, 04:48:58 pm
damn. i guess i get wound up from all the darksider posting and confused you for one of them. i looked at your post history and obviously made a mistake when lumping you into that crowd. i hope youll accept my apology. i was swinging wildly and hit you on accident.
Damn.   >:(

PonderinHog

Quote from: dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya on October 01, 2015, 06:04:50 pm

Kudos
The man obviously never picked up a Readers Digest Condensed book in his life!   ::)

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: PonderinHog on October 01, 2015, 08:32:00 pm
The man obviously never picked up a Readers Digest Condensed book in his life!   ::)

And I've been holding back!   :P
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

hogsanity

Quote from: Dr. Pepper on October 01, 2015, 05:41:44 pm

Nobody on this board is happy that the hogs suck or has an anti Bret Bielema agenda. 

you sure about that? There are people who started whining about the BB hire 10 seconds after it was announced. Whining about his offense, how it was "boring". They most definitely would not mind, since the season is pretty much in the tank already, if going 3-9 would get him fired.

hoglady

Quote from: Darren DeLoach (semohawg) on October 01, 2015, 08:12:58 pm

There's not a QB alive that hasn't choked away games late - not one.
The really good ones have some wins mixed in there with the failures.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

ChitownHawg

Quote from: hoglady on October 03, 2015, 07:56:51 am
There's not a QB alive that hasn't choked away games late - not one.
The really good ones have some wins mixed in there with the failures.

I agree. I also think Mallett's miscues were from being too confident with his arm and not choking from pressure. For that video evidence OSU had said they knew that play would work and it did. They simply out schemed us on that play and showed Mallett something he had not seen before.

Mallett has far more wins with his arm than miscued / choked losses.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

hoglady

Quote from: ChitownHawg on October 03, 2015, 08:18:11 am
I agree. I also think Mallett's miscues were from being too confident with his arm and not choking from pressure. For that video evidence OSU had said they knew that play would work and it did. They simply out schemed us on that play and showed Mallett something he had not seen before.

Mallett has far more wins with his arm than miscued / choked losses.

I agree with you. Mallett doesn't appear to play scared / or be afraid of the moment.
He's possibly too confident in his arm sometimes.

Pig In The City

Second half failures year after year absolutely falls at the feet of the head coach. That confused look also has me worried. We seem to be a one dimensional team with no second gear. And has anyone considered that the mental mistakes are due to extended drives two yards at a time. If you drive a car 12 hours a day, you raise your risk of having an accident. Our issue is the inability to take advantage of breakdowns in coverage and to take advantage of our opponents mistakes. You can't tell me that every team we play makes a perfect game.

Redhogs

Quote from: hogsanity on October 02, 2015, 10:59:47 am
you sure about that? There are people who started whining about the BB hire 10 seconds after it was announced. Whining about his offense, how it was "boring". They most definitely would not mind, since the season is pretty much in the tank already, if going 3-9 would get him fired.
Three years later it appears they may have been right. Sometimes coaches just aren't the right fit....and sometimes they are, like the FL coach already 4-0 in his FIRST year at Fl.  It is what it is....losing is accepted here and excuses are made for it.....at other SEC programs it's not...truth hurts doesn't it.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

lefty08

Quote from: Redhogs on October 03, 2015, 09:14:12 am
Three years later it appears they may have been right. Sometimes coaches just aren't the right fit....and sometimes they are, like the FL coach already 4-0 in his FIRST year at Fl.  It is what it is....losing is accepted here and excuses are made for it.....at other SEC programs it's not...truth hurts doesn't it.
LOL

I would despute every single thing you said as complete garbage, but it will have to wait. I only have 37% battery life in my cell right now
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged