Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema's comments

Started by BadHog, September 28, 2015, 02:33:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Fatty McGee

Quote from: Bowfishinghogfan on September 28, 2015, 03:38:52 pm
Players aren't reading message boards. As much as some want that to be true, it's not.

Glad to hear our players are smarter than our fans.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

Fatty McGee

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on September 28, 2015, 07:13:11 pm
all I know is if we continue the Allen legacy at QB next year, Bielema's honeymoon is officially over....I think this fan base has had enough Allen pulling the trigger and calling signals at the UA...if all CBB can come up with in his whole tenure at Arkansas is the Allen family calling signals, well, he needs to get the hell out of Fayetteville, AR when he's recruiting a QB....I don't care to see another Fayetteville Bulldog ever on the field at the UA...at any position

Genius!
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

Ex-Trumpet

all I know is if we continue the Allen legacy at QB next year, Bielema's honeymoon is officially over....I think this fan base has had enough Allen pulling the trigger and calling signals at the UA...if all CBB can come up with in his whole tenure at Arkansas is the Allen family calling signals, well, he needs to get the hell out of Fayetteville, AR when he's recruiting a QB....I don't care to see another Fayetteville Bulldog ever on the field at the UA...at any position

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

PonderinHog

Quote from: LZH on September 28, 2015, 07:17:28 pm
BA would have had a star-studded career if he had gone to Tulsa or ASU.  I can not force myself to get down on him....how many OC's/QB coaches has he had?  I am crazy about the kid, but I realize (like I was in my heyday) he's limited.

Btw, can someone explain to me exactly why Chaney was let go in the first place?
Here's what's killing me right now.  If you knew our QB was completing 70% of his passes after the first four games, what would you have predicted our record to be?

soooieman

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 28, 2015, 02:45:05 pm
Nope
ummmmmmmmmmmmm
"it starts with me and ends with me"    Does that work? Some of you are pathetic

soooieman

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on September 28, 2015, 02:44:14 pm
Didn't hear his comments...did CBB ever take responsibility or did he just talk about the players and the refs?
That's one thing I love about CBB he always takes responsibility..  "it starts with me and ends with me"

hogman78

Quote from: hoglady on September 28, 2015, 06:55:42 pm
I believe 2nd and 3rd down after RWIII got stuffed were pass plays.
Would you not liked to have seen us go for it and just keep calling plays the way we were earlier in half - keeping Morgan involved in the game.

Yet everyone I work with complains because we didn't run enough. People can't make up their minds. Problem is we lost, again. Nothing else, win and questions go away. Lose and they remain. Hind sight is 20/20 after all no matter the perspective.

ricepig

Quote from: soooieman on September 28, 2015, 07:28:24 pm
That's one thing I love about CBB he always takes responsibility..  "it starts with me and ends with me"

Expect that quote to fall on deaf ears, it doesn't fit their agenda.

hawganatic

Ya'll are some seriously messed up people to be carrying around this kind of resentment over a game,  that you don't even participate in.  BA and the rest of the team have invested far more into the program than 99% of the people in the state.   You don't  have to like their play,  but at least show some respect for the commitment they've made to the program, and stop trashing them like a third grade playground bully.

Think some of you need to find more in life then what you currently have going for you.

LZH

Quote from: PonderinHog on September 28, 2015, 07:26:14 pm
Here's what's killing me right now.  If you knew our QB was completing 70% of his passes after the first four games, what would you have predicted our record to be?

Me too.  I would have to think as long as he's averaging about 7-8 yards per attempt that we'd be undefeated.  And as for the percentage?....you have to have real problems to complete 7 out of 10 passes and lose like we have been losing.

Fwiw, I don't know what our actual stats are.

crabeyes

BA is 2-17 against the SEC. Not all the loses are on him but that is the reason ppl are hard on him. He also lost to Toledo and ULM which does not help his case....Wins is the only stat that matters when u are quarterback. What other qb would Stil be the starter with that record? How many sec games has BA won in the 4th?

lefty08

What does Austin being a QB have to do with Brandons supoosed struggles?

Thats just stupid
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

PonderinHog

Quote from: LZH on September 28, 2015, 07:46:26 pm
Me too.  I would have to think as long as he's averaging about 7-8 yards per attempt that we'd be undefeated.  And as for the percentage?....you have to have real problems to complete 7 out of 10 passes and lose like we have been losing.

Fwiw, I don't know what our actual stats are.
He's at 70.1% for the year and 9.75 yards per attempt.

LZH

Quote from: lefty08 on September 28, 2015, 07:49:00 pm

Thats just stupid

It was a topic the other night that AA would be the QB for the next couple of years no matter what.....as if the coaches have already decided.

LZH

Quote from: PonderinHog on September 28, 2015, 07:49:30 pm
He's at 70.1% for the year and 9.75 yards per attempt.

Oh, well hell, then we are undefeated.......what's everyone bitching about?

lefty08

Quote from: crabeyes on September 28, 2015, 07:47:29 pm
BA is 2-17 against the SEC. Not all the loses are on him but that is the reason ppl are hard on him. He also lost to Toledo and ULM which does not help his case....Wins is the only stat that matters when u are quarterback. What other qb would Stil be the starter with that record? How many sec games has BA won in the 4th?

People that pin the ULM loss on BA are idiots. He did lose to Toledo, in a game where he performed better than 99.9% of the games he has played in. And by the way, Toledo is no scrub. Its like some of you dont even watch football other than the Razorback games
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

ricepig

Quote from: LZH on September 28, 2015, 07:50:51 pm
It was a topic the other night that AA would be the QB for the next couple of years no matter what.....as if the coaches have already decided.

Well, if there's one thing HV knows about, it's QB play.........

lefty08

Yeah, Ive seen it discussed, doesnt make it any less ignorant

How ya been man?

Kevin

I sure don't remember anyone coming to skippers defense last year when the media was trashing him after the a&m game
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

lefty08

Quote from: Kevin on September 28, 2015, 07:52:44 pm
I sure don't remember anyone coming to skippers defense last year when the media was trashing him after the a&m game

You dont remember a lot of things, we forgive you

hogman78

I don't think that's a given. We did bring in Ricky Town correct? I think he might have something to say about the starting role going forward.

LZH

Quote from: ricepig on September 28, 2015, 07:52:11 pm
Well, if there's one thing HV knows about, it's QB play.........

Damm Skrate.  Unrivaled, I say.

lefty08

Quote from: hogman78 on September 28, 2015, 07:53:46 pm
I don't think that's a given. We did bring in Ricky Town correct? I think he might have something to say about the starting role going forward.

Its possible, but by all accounts Austin is pretty far ahead of the others. And it has nothing to do with his last name

crabeyes

I do believe BA does a great job as a game manager. He doesn't throw many int. I expect big things to come from BA. Allen has been putting up good numbers. We just need to get a win against tenn to flip the script! Last game we made big improvements which will continue! We are still going to make a bowl with wins over Tenn, auburn, ut Martin, miss state and mizzou. Get ready because we are coming!

Kevin

Quote from: lefty08 on September 28, 2015, 07:53:36 pm
You dont remember a lot of things, we forgive you

Quite the opposite.  I remember everything   
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

hogman78

As it should be. A starting role is earned. It's not given to someone just for the hell of it. The best quarterback will play. Period.....

hogman78

Quote from: Kevin on September 28, 2015, 07:55:18 pm
Quite the opposite.  I remember everything   

For some reason I believe that. They call me rain man at work. Not sure if that's good or bad  ;)

LZH

Quote from: lefty08 on September 28, 2015, 07:52:38 pm
Yeah, Ive seen it discussed, doesnt make it any less ignorant

How ya been man?

Agreed.  And I'm quite well buddy, thanks.  I'm sure you're still a pain in the ass whenever you get the chance......us PITA's must stick together.

Quote from: hogman78 on September 28, 2015, 07:53:46 pm

Could be, I was too busy cussing to notice much after seeing our 2346th missed tackle.

aar0n

I have an older brother, the same distance apart as the Allen brothers.  We both played similar sports our whole lives and competed with eachother HARD.  We were even on the same football teams and soccer teams for 2 years in HS, played baseball our whole lives too.  Both played the same position in all 3 sports, oddly enough.  He was better at baseball, I was better at soccer and football.  When I came on the varsity teams in 10th grade, I started.  He didn't start until his senior season (the same year).  I couldn't keep up with him to save my life in baseball, was always in his shadows. 

The point of the story - just because they're brothers doesn't mean they're the same, or even close to the same.  I was always able to keep my composure under pressure a lot more than my brother, and was always a lot more easy-going.  It came infinitely more natural to me in most aspects of the game (football).  I also didn't study the plays/opposing teams like he did.  He was a perfectionist that put a lot of pressure on himself.  Sound familiar?

hogman78

Quote from: LZH on September 28, 2015, 07:57:52 pm
Could be, I was too busy cussing to notice much after seeing our 2346th missed tackle.

The heart of a hog fan!! That defense is young. I cussed plenty, and drank more, but I still believe. I didn't expect the defense to replace Flowers, Philon and Spaight. Those kids were special, and they were all a few years in the program. The depth is being fixed, but doesn't change the fact we have to rely on youth at the moment. The injuries on O have been near crippling. I know, no excuses, but come on man. It hurts.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: lefty08 on September 28, 2015, 07:49:00 pm

Thats just stupid
oh, I don't know, maybe Town is a stud or we can go recruit a 5 star QB out of Texas or Louisiana where they play real high school football...the best QB, the most hyped QB out of the state of Arkansas was Mitch Mustain....how many downs of importance did he play at USC ?  the answer would be none...the football in ARK is just not that good at the QB position...sorry if that hurts, I grew up in Arkansas and lived over half my life there, but facts are facts
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

LZH

Quote from: hogman78 on September 28, 2015, 08:09:57 pm
The heart of a hog fan!! That defense is young. I cussed plenty, and drank more, but I still believe. I didn't expect the defense to replace Flowers, Philon and Spaight. Those kids were special, and they were all a few years in the program. The depth is being fixed, but doesn't change the fact we have to rely on youth at the moment. The injuries on O have been near crippling. I know, no excuses, but come on man. It hurts.

We actually tackled much better Saturday than we did against TTU, but I guess I was just holding that in.

lefty08

Quote from: LZH on September 28, 2015, 07:57:52 pm
Agreed.  And I'm quite well buddy, thanks.  I'm sure you're still a pain in the ass whenever you get the chance......us PITA's must stick together.

I didnt become a PITA until i realized im a glass half full guy, it really pisses me off

LZH

Quote from: lefty08 on September 28, 2015, 08:24:41 pm

I didnt become a PITA until i realized im a glass half full guy, it really pisses me off

Good for you!  Otherwise you'd be shickled titless if the glass was half empty.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on September 28, 2015, 02:44:14 pm
Didn't hear his comments...did CBB ever take responsibility or did he just talk about the players and the refs?
shut up turd
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

PORKULATOR

Oh ...sorry.. Trumpet, I thought it was Turd because I mistakenly read your posts
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

hogman78

Quote from: LZH on September 28, 2015, 08:17:41 pm
We actually tackled much better Saturday than we did against TTU, but I guess I was just holding that in.

Understood

Hoggish1

Quote from: BadHog on September 28, 2015, 02:33:12 pm
So the players have seen message board comments about BA. Can't be helping him.
THEN CIRCLE THE WAGONS AND GET IT DONE

Ledbetter and other D players seemed really gased as the end of regulation. Not sure why Jackson, Fro didn't play.
LET THE COACH(S) DECIDE WHO PLAYS

BB wasn't happy with the officiating either - specifically the Gaines injury.
LET LONG TAKE THE ISSUE UP WITH THE COMMISH.  IF THAT DOESN'T WORK DON'T PICK ANY SEC TEAMS FOR THE PLAYOFFS...

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: PORKULATOR on September 28, 2015, 08:34:03 pm
Oh ...sorry.. Trumpet, I thought it was Turd because I mistakenly read your posts

Apology accepted...and I'm sorry you read my posts too!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

hoglady

Quote from: ricepig on September 28, 2015, 07:17:09 pm
With that train of thought, then you probably thought he was going to throw a pick 6 when we started the drive on our 6 yard line.

No - I really didn't.
Brandon's pretty careful with the ball. I'm a BA fan - he just struggles late in games.
It's a wonder BA ever came back from what Paul Petrino did to him in that ULM game.
If he was my kid - he'd have already gone to see a sports psychologist.
Most of ya'll would think that's lame - but it sure worked for John Smoltz when he was pitching for the Braves.

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

lefty08

Doesnt the University have a psychologist on staff for athletics?

ricepig

Quote from: lefty08 on September 28, 2015, 09:09:51 pm

Don't know, but I'm pretty sure HV thinks we have a psychic the coach's use for play calling.

hoglady

I don't know.
But I know that pro athletes that might struggle in certain situations use sports psychologists to help them with it. Smoltz used to talk about it extensively - said it saved his career.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

Ex-Trumpet

hoglady

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on September 28, 2015, 09:19:44 pm

Frazier Crane - one of my favorite TV characters.
Don't know which show I like the best Cheers or Frazier - they are both great.

PonderinHog

Quote from: ricepig on September 28, 2015, 09:16:01 pm
Don't know, but I'm pretty sure HV thinks we have a psychic the coach's use for play calling.

SweetSassyMolassy

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 28, 2015, 03:01:53 pm
Did he specifically say it was on message boards?  I mean, facebook isn't really too kind to BA either.  In fact, I don't think there are many folks out there that are being kind to BA right now.  Right or wrong, people hold the QB accountable.  If Jwill is out there reading it, he needs to keep it to himself and CBB and not be advertising it for the rest of the team.

I'm only this far, but I would bet twitter is what Jwill is talking about. It's just as brutal.  Right now if you search for @brandonallen_10 mentions, it's mostly positive, but I assure you that was not the case this weekend.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: aar0n on September 28, 2015, 02:43:09 pm
Man, that last paragraph makes me feel horrible.  I've said some things in frustration (though most haven't been on a message board) that I wouldn't want him to see/hear personally and definitely shouldn't have.  The guy gives it his all, has improved tenfold in his time here, and gets crapped on by the fans constantly -  it's no wonder he has such shaky confidence at times.  The pressure to "do right" has to be overwhelming, and we're lucky it hasn't effected him more.  Tyler Wilson was probably one of the most physically tough QBs we've ever seen, BA is equally as mentally tough to have dealt with some of the stuff he has and still be functioning at his level.  Who are we to personally attack a kid over a game?

The quote about JWill is bs if coach was talking about Hogville. If JWill has been on Hogville, doesn't say he was, then he needs to go back to class to improve his reading comprehension. The majority of comments on here about BA has to do with 4Q issues.

I suspect JWill is talking about Twitter and boards like Rivals. I went to that board for about 2 seconds several years ago. A board full nonsensical hate rants. If you think our looneys are bad then go take a look at Rivals or Twitter.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

HogWall Jackson

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 28, 2015, 02:43:14 pm
f

Bad coaching. It's not all Allen's fault.

There is no reason to play conservative now. Change some of the play calling. If you are going to lose take your shot with the 'Rock' in your hand! We have seen that this defense is not going to win the game on the field late in the game. Put it out of reach if you can.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: HogWall Jackson on September 29, 2015, 06:17:48 am
There is no reason to play conservative now. Change some of the play calling. If you are going to lose take your shot with the 'Rock' in your hand! We have seen that this defense is not going to win the game on the field late in the game. Put it out of reach if you can.

Actually I don't understand this point being made. We were passing when it was short armed, when we fumbled, and the knock down. We are a running team, so running will be the first option no matter where we are in the game.

Also they were going on 4th down when Kirkland moved, so I don't think going on 4th down qualifies as being conservative.

Maybe you can shed some light on why some of you feel we went conservative?
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"