Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema's comments

Started by BadHog, September 28, 2015, 02:33:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BadHog

So the players have seen message board comments about BA. Can't be helping him.

Ledbetter and other D players seemed really gased as the end of regulation. Not sure why Jackson, Fro didn't play.

BB wasn't happy with the officiating either - specifically the Gaines injury.

From Monday Morning Notebook:
Head Coach Bret Bielema

Bret Bielema said they did enough things to lose the football game. One of the things they focused on defensively was third downs, and he was pleased with that. They'll continue to focus in on that and running the ball on offense.

Bielema said he expects fullback/running back Kody Walker to help in some capacity this week. He said other than regular bumps and bruises they came out healthy from the game.

Bielema said Neyland Stadium is uncharted territory for most of the players, though some took visits there during recruiting.

Regarding motivation moving forward, Bielema said he doesn't worry about the frustration and disappointment. He said they have recruited 'unbelievable' character. As long as the coaches are setting the example, the players will follow. As for Bielema, he said Saturday night was a long ride home. They arrived home at 1 p.m. He said he was awake in bed until 3 a.m. watching dumb movies listening to motorcycles (Bielema is staying downtown while his home is being remodeled).

Bielema said Santos Ramirez has done a really nice job since camp and did a nice job when he had his opportunities, so they made the move. They also had him as their sixth DB, like a second nickel.

They didn't play Bijhon Jackson, Hjalte Froholdt or Armon Watts because they didn't feel they moved as fast as the other guys. They wanted to go with more athleticism, it just wasn't their type of game, Bielema said.

Tevin Beanum and Jeremiah Ledbetter have been their two most productive defensive ends, so that's why they have gone with the ones they have gone with.

Bielema said Tennessee will go with speed tempo, they go fast at times and realy do a lot of everything. Butch Jones has grown into going more up-tempo throughout his career.

Bielema said Drew Morgan knows every receiver spot on offense and doesn't lack confidence. He has to learn to play his role, too, as he cut two routes short because he was open. Bielema said he went through a rough year last year, personally.

Regarding penalties, Bielema said reducing penalties is a staple of what he believes in. The previous two years they have been one of the league's least penalized players. He said there was at least one flag that wasn't there. Bielema said the biggest play of the game, the 63-yarder, Mitchell Loewen got pulled down, and Bielema said his biggest frustration is 'let's call it both ways.' After asked about getting away with penalties, Bielema said at the point of attack, if they have committed a penalty they have essentially always been called on it.

Adam McFain is back to 100 percent healthy, so if they run into a situation where they need a long field goal, McFain will likely go into the game.

Bielema said it shouldn't be lost that they lost to a pretty good nationally ranked team and were right there with them stride-for-stride. He really doesn't expect anything other than them going to Tennessee and being ready for a four-quarter game or longer if needed.

With Rohan Gaines being hurt (will play Saturday), Bielema said TAMU's wide receiver came out of nowhere 15-20 yards away from the play and gets cold-cocked. He said if that had happened the other way it would have for sure been a penalty. Gaines was hurt on the play.

Bielema said there are a lot of similar recruits he and Butch Jones target. There are a lot of familiarities with the staffs, also. He said both teams need a win.

Bielema said A&M's use of cover-2 and quarters defense opened up more underneath patterns, so they take what the defense gives them.

Brandon Allen was down on himself after the game. For every player they lost offensively starting with Jonathan Williams, Bielema said he could see Allen taking more and more on himself. He said Jonathan Williams has a lot of time on his hands and has been reading a lot of what people have said, and he told Bielema 'how can people be down on BA. Do they not know all he does for us?' Bielema said there's never been a more misunderstood player that he's been around than Allen.

"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

code red

I hate it for BA.  Good kid.  But.  Why do we go into stall mode when we can score and put the game away?  It has yet to work.  Think about it.  Does CBB really have confidence in BAs ability to do that?
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

aar0n

Man, that last paragraph makes me feel horrible.  I've said some things in frustration (though most haven't been on a message board) that I wouldn't want him to see/hear personally and definitely shouldn't have.  The guy gives it his all, has improved tenfold in his time here, and gets crapped on by the fans constantly -  it's no wonder he has such shaky confidence at times.  The pressure to "do right" has to be overwhelming, and we're lucky it hasn't effected him more.  Tyler Wilson was probably one of the most physically tough QBs we've ever seen, BA is equally as mentally tough to have dealt with some of the stuff he has and still be functioning at his level.  Who are we to personally attack a kid over a game? 

hogcard1964

Quote from: code red on September 28, 2015, 02:39:02 pm
I hate it for BA.  Good kid.  But.  Why do we go into stall mode when we can score and put the game away?  It has yet to work.  Think about it.  Does CBB really have confidence in BAs ability to do that?
f

Bad coaching. It's not all Allen's fault.

Kevin

ba needs to win some games, when it is on the line.

tired of all the babying ba gets from the coaches

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Ex-Trumpet

Didn't hear his comments...did CBB ever take responsibility or did he just talk about the players and the refs?
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

hellwonthaveme

Theos=coach's high character example.....

PRJ

BadHog

There is no doubt in my mind that BA is killing himself every week to give it all he has. Maybe it's between his ears - who knows. But it's just not getting done.

hogcard1964

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on September 28, 2015, 02:44:14 pm
Didn't hear his comments...did CBB ever take responsibility or did he just talk about the players and the refs?

Nope

code red

Quote from: Kevin on September 28, 2015, 02:44:01 pm

I agree and stay off the message boards. 
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

PorkRinds

Peppa Pig

Quote from: BadHog on September 28, 2015, 02:33:12 pm
He said Jonathan Williams has a lot of time on his hands and has been reading a lot of what people have said, and he told Bielema 'how can people be down on BA. Do they not know all he does for us?' Bielema said there's never been a more misunderstood player that he's been around than Allen.

[/i]

No.  We don't know all that he does for the team.  Maybe there's all this intangible good he does in practices, meetings, or the locker room.  That's very possible because by all accounts he's a great kid.

But what we do know is how he crumbles in pressure situations every single time...over and over and over again.

I can't imagine how anyone could have a hard time understanding why everyone is down on BA.

onebadrubi

Someone needs to say to Jwill that these boards/forums are full of a bunch of idiots and 99.9% bashing a player are *** people merely jealous of the opportunity BA has been given.  They are also just lunatic fans that don't know much if anything about the game itself. 

Not 1 play, even if it hits the field goal post or is 2 yards short, decide the outcome of a 60 minutes 120+ play game.  Sadly, those early referred to idiots aren't capable of seeing that.  They would rather publicly bash everything possible and everyone, no matter the harm it may cause. 

BorderPatrol

Quote from: code red on September 28, 2015, 02:45:59 pm

What are you talking about?

bp

hawgon

I don't talk bad about BA.  I think he is a decent QB with a terrible coach.

So, having said that, for those of us who choose to remember, this is deja vu.  Now, Bielema is saying that the fans are mean and that the players are hurting.  I wonder where I've heard that before?

Nothing like blaming the fans, Bret.  Why don't you actually step up and say something like, "I'm the coach.  If you have a problem with BA, you have a problem with me.  He is a kid.  He does what I ask.  If he is out on the field, he is doing what I ask.  If he fails, blame me.  I'm the coach."

But no, he does this old, "The fans are mean" spiel. 

aar0n

Quote from: Kevin on September 28, 2015, 02:44:01 pm

Babying?  What has lead you to believe he's being "babied" by the coaches?  Their support for their QB?

Clearly the guy has some confidence issues, and at this point I don't think I could blame him.  But what is the better route to take, giving him all the support you can or tearing him down even further?

I swear, you'd think some of these keyboard QBs were John Elway or Tom Brady.  I'd like to see some of you make a 15 yard pass into a 5 foot stationary window while standing still with no defenders in front of 75,000 screaming fans - let alone on the run with a 300lb. defender bearing down on you, a 4.4 CB covering your target, with 75,000 screaming fans and the game on the line.   

code red

Quote from: hawgon on September 28, 2015, 02:50:00 pm

So, having said that, for those of us who choose to remember, this is deja vu.  Now, Bielema is saying that the fans are mean and that the players are hurting.  I wonder where I've heard that before?

Nothing like blaming the fans, Bret.  Why don't you actually step up and say something like, "I'm the coach.  If you have a problem with BA, you have a problem with me.  He is a kid.  He does what I ask.  If he is out on the field, he is doing what I ask.  If he fails, blame me.  I'm the coach."

What did Nutt call us...."Sticks" or "Slaps" I can't remember too funny.

BorderPatrol

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 28, 2015, 02:49:21 pm
Someone needs to say to Jwill that these boards/forums are full of a bunch of idiots and 99.9% bashing a player are *** people merely jealous of the opportunity BA has been given.  They are also just lunatic fans that don't know much if anything about the game itself. 

Not 1 play, even if it hits the field goal post or is 2 yards short, decide the outcome of a 60 minutes 120+ play game.  Sadly, those early referred to idiots aren't capable of seeing that.  They would rather publicly bash everything possible and everyone, no matter the harm it may cause. 

I agree with this 100%.

Look at this thread, and all of MMQB for that matter.

It's sickening.

bp

Ex-Trumpet

He he thinks we're mean to him, what did he call what we did to Nutt?
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

code red

Quote from: aar0n on September 28, 2015, 02:51:23 pm
Babying?  What has lead you to believe he's being "babied" by the coaches?  Their support for their QB?

Clearly the guy has some confidence issues, and at this point I don't think I could blame him.  But what is the better route to take, giving him all the support you can or tearing him down even further?

I swear, you'd think some of these keyboard QBs were John Elway or Tom Brady.  I'd like to see some of you make a 15 yard pass into a 5 foot stationary window while standing still with no defenders in front of 75,000 screaming fans - let alone on the run with a 300lb. defender bearing down on you, a 4.4 CB covering your target, with 75,000 screaming fans and the game on the line.   
Or hit 2 wide open receivers with no one around them inside the 10 yd line going in?  It goes both ways.

hellwonthaveme

Bill Parcells used to say if you are losing games by double digits, you have a player personnel problem. And if you are losing games in the single digits, you have a coaching problem...

Oh well...back to work, keep on grinding, #uncommon and 1-0...and all that jazz.

PRJ

BorderPatrol

Having a hard time reading today? Where is CBB blaming ANYTHING on the fans?

bp

HighcountryHog

Plain and simple. To both coaches and players: Quit talking already and just DO IT.
no bumps, no fat chicks

ricepig

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on September 28, 2015, 02:44:14 pm

He did on Saturday night, did you watch it?

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: ricepig on September 28, 2015, 02:54:42 pm
He did on Saturday night, did you watch it?

No, that's why I asked!

hogcard1964

Allen's a good kid.  Most of the problems on this team belong to the coaching staff.  This is exactly what Beilema should have said.

ricepig

Quote from: BorderPatrol on September 28, 2015, 02:54:30 pm

bp

He's not, but don't expect some to comprehend.

code red

Quote from: BorderPatrol on September 28, 2015, 02:49:42 pm
What are you talking about?

bp
Why are our player on message boards...esp if CBB is insinuating we are bad fans...which he may or may not.  Seems to me a lot of antennas are going up in this debacle of a season.

hawgon

bp

I suppose Williams is reading bad stuff on the message boards that was posted by the message board fairies?

onebadrubi

bp

It's a common error on here.  You have to learn to see the bigger picture, it's their intelligence so then you have to train your eyes to glaze over the post of the idiots.

BorderPatrol

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on September 28, 2015, 02:55:03 pm
No, that's why I asked!

So, basically you are talking out of your ass and going with BS comments from posters like Hawgon and others because that is what fits your agenda.

bp

SuperHog32

every player gets trashed on message boards.  it goes along with being a D1 athlete.  bad losses + underperforming + fans on edge is going to equal some posts trashing the kid. 

that said, if he steps up and makes a play in any of the three losses that win the game, the trashing slows down tremendously.

Hollywood_HOGan45

I like BA. He has been a very good QB this year.

Bottom line is we aren't winning and haven't won anything significant since BA has taken the QB reigns. The QB will get the glory if we win and he will be criticized if we lose.

Just the name of the game.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: BorderPatrol on September 28, 2015, 02:56:41 pm
So, basically you are talking out of your ass and going with BS comments from posters like Hawgon and others because that is what fits your agenda.

bp

No, I read the original post and posed the question as his exerpts made it appear that he was blaming players and refs...did you read the OP?

And, what is my agenda exactly?  Quit assuming that everyone is out to get everyone else!

onebadrubi

Quote from: code red on September 28, 2015, 02:55:33 pm
Why are our player on message boards...esp if CBB is insinuating we are bad fans...which he may or may not.  Seems to me a lot of antennas are going up in this debacle of a season.

Jwill lives and breeds for this program.  He has since the day he was offered.  That young man lives, eats, breathes Razorback football.  The kid suffered a injury to what his life was all about and is now sidelined with more time on his hands than ever.  I would not be surprised if he does not have even have a screen name here. 

southarkhog06

I see we are all still fully grown men who arent afraid to bash a 22yo kid, because our fragile self esteem is tied to his performance in a meaningless game.

ricepig

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on September 28, 2015, 02:55:03 pm
No, that's why I asked!

Well, this was his Monday PC, short statement and then he takes questions.

hawgon

Quote from: southarkhog06 on September 28, 2015, 02:58:52 pm
I see we are all still fully grown men who arent afraid to bash a 22yo kid, because our fragile self esteem is tied to his performance in a meaningless game.

Funny, how most of them bashing that kid will, on the other hand, defend with vigor, a 45 year old man making $4 million a year to coach football.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: BadHog on September 28, 2015, 02:33:12 pm

Ledbetter and other D players seemed really gased as the end of regulation. Not sure why Jackson, Fro didn't play.

The guys who didn't play were sitting because they had not proven fast/quick enough to get to the quarterback. Arkansas went with the best pass rushers. Ledbetter and Beanum are by far the best pass-rushing ends. You're not going to replace them with Bijohn Jackson and Hjalte Froholdt. They are interior linemen. And they did not play because they had shown an inability to rush the passer.
[CENSORED]!

texhog22

Only thing different than Bielema and HDN is HDN's carreer was saved by Matt Jones followed by Dmac. I don't see a Jones or Dmac on this team yet.

PorkRinds

Did he specifically say it was on message boards?  I mean, facebook isn't really too kind to BA either.  In fact, I don't think there are many folks out there that are being kind to BA right now.  Right or wrong, people hold the QB accountable.  If Jwill is out there reading it, he needs to keep it to himself and CBB and not be advertising it for the rest of the team. 

PorkRinds

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 28, 2015, 02:58:47 pm
Jwill lives and breeds for this program.  He has since the day he was offered.  That young man lives, eats, breathes Razorback football.  The kid suffered a injury to what his life was all about and is now sidelined with more time on his hands than ever.  I would not be surprised if he does not have even have a screen name here.

Whoa! Settle down there big guy.  While I'd love to have a few JWills on the pipeline, I don't think he's got any kids yet... ;D

onebadrubi

Quote from: hawgon on September 28, 2015, 03:00:24 pm
Funny, how most of them bashing that kid will, on the other hand, defend with vigor, a 45 year old man making $4 million a year to coach football.

Ummm, the ones bashing the kid are the same ones bashing the coach. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 28, 2015, 03:03:10 pm
Whoa! Settle down there big guy.  While I'd love to have a few JWills on the pipeline, I don't think he's got any kids yet... ;D

That was a strategically placed IPHONE screw up.  Breathes.  One of my better ones i must say though.  lol

hogsanity

Quote from: hawgon on September 28, 2015, 03:00:24 pm

you have got to be joking. Most of the people bashing BA also bash the coach. Most of the people defending BA are either in wait and see about BB or defend him.

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: hogsanity on September 28, 2015, 03:06:21 pm
you have got to be joking. Most of the people bashing BA also bash the coach. Most of the people defending BA are either in wait and see about BB or defend him.

I defend Brandon...but will not defend Bret.

PRJ

DeltaBoy

All I can say our QB is a 5th year SR who throughout his career has FAILED to win a game in the 4th Quarter.  As they say THAT A FACT JACK! Sorry he feeling the pressure of his own FAILURES!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

PorkRinds

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 28, 2015, 03:11:33 pm
All I can say our QB is a 5th year SR who throughout his career has FAILED to win a game in the 4th Quarter.  As they say THAT A FACT JACK! Sorry he feeling the pressure of his own FAILURES!

Actually they usually use an apostrophe and say "that's a fact Jack".   So you've got a bit of a failure of your own to feel the pressure of.  But yours is just consistently bad apostrophe usage, luckily.   ;)

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: code red on September 28, 2015, 02:45:59 pm

So then maybe some of our fans should as well.....like you.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

BadHog

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 28, 2015, 03:01:17 pm
The guys who didn't play were sitting because they had not proven fast/quick enough to get to the quarterback. Arkansas went with the best pass rushers. Ledbetter and Beanum are by far the best pass-rushing ends. You're not going to replace them with Bijohn Jackson and Hjalte Froholdt. They are interior linemen. And they did not play because they had shown an inability to rush the passer.

I guess I didn't use the correct punctuation. I wasn't saying to replace Ledbetter and Beanum with anyone. Just that they were gassed toward the end. Then I proceeded to indicate that I was surprised that Jackson and Fro didn't play - at all. That's all. Hope I cleared that up.

On the other hand, we need more athletic pass rushers.