Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lets assume that we cant win another game

Started by pondwater jack, September 28, 2015, 10:33:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hey Super

It's not an insult when stating facts. BA has missed some clutch throws. He's talented but as history shows he just hasn't been able to get it done when we need him to get it done the most. I would love a Casey Dick/LSU 4th down TD throw redemption play for him to close out his career.
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: Royal Fortune on September 29, 2015, 02:26:09 pm
It's not an insult when stating facts. BA has missed some clutch throws. He's talented but as history shows he just hasn't been able to get it done when we need him to get it done the most. I would love a Casey Dick/LSU 4th down TD throw redemption play for him to close out his career.

you waltz in here proclaiming that holeman was stating facts that whole time? FACTS??

wow, just wow

And so you're comparing BA to Casey? So you're saying BA will be a coach then, not some lazy radio personality who takes calls from you-know-who three times a week (and screens away good callers IMHO). Lazy former players make lazy radio talking heads who take lazy hateful calls. I'm sure some of this will spill over to the LR Touchdown Club at some point this year, and one poster on here above all others will be responsible for the Hatoraid.

holman24

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on September 29, 2015, 02:41:12 pm
you waltz in here proclaiming that holeman was stating facts that whole time? FACTS??

wow, just wow

And so you're comparing BA to Casey? So you're saying BA will be a coach then, not some lazy radio personality who takes calls from you-know-who three times a week (and screens away good callers IMHO). Lazy former players make lazy radio talking heads who take lazy hateful calls. I'm sure some of this will spill over to the LR Touchdown Club at some point this year, and one poster on here above all others will be responsible for the Hatoraid.

I don't need no stinking facts BB will always put us in a position to lose in the 4th qrt of a close game and his boy BA will deliver just like every close game he has played in. He is clutch in that realm.

pondwater jack

Quote from: holman24 on September 29, 2015, 02:48:17 pm
I don't need no stinking facts BB will always put us in a position to lose in the 4th qrt of a close game and his boy BA will deliver just like every close game he has played in. He is clutch in that realm.
I have never seen someone delight in the failure of the razorbacks like Holman.  He hates everyone of us. 

Probly a longhorn in sheeps clothing. 
Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 13, 2015, 07:56:19 am
I cry at the thought of our creator looking down from on high relishing in two of his more majestic creations (Jack Blasingame and Mike Irwin) pulling together for the benefit of all razorback nation. Neigh..! mankind...
Quote from: Fort Dweller on February 14, 2015, 10:04:29 pm
And they slowly slink back to their holes.  Well done Madden and Watkins.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: holman24 on September 29, 2015, 02:48:17 pm

cooking up more Hatoraid for the LR Touchdown Club folks to take notice of you I see. Cooking the Hatoraid into jello shots. Selling your Jello Shots to the Gus Munchers and Nutters. You and Harold Horton probably sneaking around on upper Razorback Road filming practice for Auburn. NO TELLING what you're up to!

TNRazorbacker

Once you give up hope and disappointment gives way to apathy the idea of going 0 for again is kind of morbidly intriguing just anticipating the fecal storm that would ensue.

Augustus

Quote from: pondwater jack on September 28, 2015, 10:33:47 am
No. Im not happy about losses.  I had a trailer full last week and we all watched as we couldnt close it out agin TT. Same thing agin ATM only I was alone in the trailer with a bottle of R&R.

But lets say that our qb cant get it done and we dont win another game and hes our best option. (Youd have to think theyd pull him if they had another as good as this hurts the program).  Is it in the best interest of this state to clobber that kid on here after every loss.  Thats a 21 year old kid.  Do we really need to take it out on him? Does the whole state really need to take it out on 1 kid so we can feel better? What if it was YOUR kid? Would you feel the same way?

If he ONE TIME said "he11 I don't really care if we win or lose. All the same to me. Im going to kill a half a case and party. See you all next week. Haha."  But this kid clearly DOES care.

So how about not throwing rocks at a kid that is bleeding out so you can vent and feel better.  There is only a few people I can think of that deserve that kid of treatment. (Ballhog1 and holdman for example) 

Anyway, thats my 2 cents. Reply nice or ill throw my weight around.

J Holly Blasingame, II

Completely agree.  Just think about what turmoil that kid has lived through during Collegiate career.  Not only the coaches, but some of the crap fans or somebody has pulled just to his vehicles.

And, for how many years now, all you see on message boards/social media & hear on the radio is "let's replace him" "he sucks" etc

Meanwhile,  he has been a class act throughout it all. Tried to be a leader for his Team. There's no way I could keep it together towards the public, as a 20 something year old kid like he has.

If someone wants to gripe about the Coaches? Fine. (I guess... assuming you make a valid points & not just dumb blanket statements).  Coaches get paid to deliver results, so they should be the ones the criticism is directed towards, IMO

It's even worse when somebody like Jwill has lived through the same thing BA has, and who is dying to play but can't, have to read the criticism online & take up for his teammate.  I can't imagine what that does to morale of these kids.

FoozeyHog

Holy #&$* well we did it,  good job guys.  You finally broke hogville and now pondwater jack is the voice of reason.  If anyone needs me I'll be out buying water filters,  ammo and dry foods.  May God have mercy on us all.
MODERATORS: they can move in and out of any users still hard-wired to their system. Inside the Hogville forums, they are everyone, and they are no one! We have survived by hiding from them and by running from them, but they are the gatekeepers. They are guarding all the doors, they are holding all the keys which means that sooner or later, someone is going to have to fight them.

I won't lie to you: every single man or woman who has stood their ground, everyone who has fought a moderator has died. But where they have failed, you will succeed.

I've seen a moderator punch through a concrete wall, users have emptied entire clips at them and hit nothing but air - yet their strength and their speed are still based in a world that is built on rules, because of that! they will never be as strong or as fast as you can be! -foozey

PonderinHog

Quote from: FoozeyHog on September 29, 2015, 09:47:02 pm
Holy #&$* well we did it,  good job guys.  You finally broke hogville and now pondwater jack is the voice of reason.  If anyone needs me I'll be out buying water filters,  ammo and dry foods.  May God have mercy on us all.
Mark your calendars, folks.

We done went and did it!

It ain't over!

Let's go!   :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

BPsTheMan

Quote from: FoozeyHog on September 29, 2015, 09:47:02 pm

BPsTheMan

well somehow we survived another week and it's almost game day again

despite the Hatoraid Jello Shots of a select few  >:(

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on October 02, 2015, 08:12:01 am
well somehow we survived another week and it's almost game day again

despite the Hatoraid Jello Shots of a select few  >:(

We could have let this one just die out this week. Instead Harry rex is throwing more gasoline on a wound that won't heal! 

He's giddy at the thought of me resigning as tavern Mayor.  I finally have that thing running like a sleek luxury liner and if I have to resign I fear chaos will follow and you know who will be responsible for most of it? Yep. Harry Rex.

I'm gonna stay off of here today and hopefully Harry has better things to do than pick the scab off a forrest fire.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: HotlantaHog on September 28, 2015, 10:58:33 am
I don't believe in blasting college kids. It is a team game and he is unpaid -- a full time student. In this case, it is much more richly deserved to blast the head coach, who is paid.

I go along with this completely.

SgtBacon

I will have to admit, I am guilty of a little mild bashing of BA myself lately.  But I do think is a good ambassador for our program and I really think he is a better QB than most, including myself, give him credit to be.  That being said, it would be very nice for all involved to pull a game out in the 4th QTR.  But I also blame a lot on the late game philosophy of the coaching staff against A&M.  We should never pull the foot off the throttle in any game unless we are at least 3 TDs ahead.  Playing not to lose in your playcalling (offense or defense) will get you beat every time.

razorbackkid

Strange thread.  Interesting, but strange.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

pondwater jack

Quote from: razorbackkid on October 03, 2015, 04:40:11 am
Strange thread.  Interesting, but strange.
The only thing interesting will be to see how long Holman takes, if we lose, to come in and feast on the wounded.  He's a razorback hater if there ever was one.  A garden variety troll. 

If you are a fan of our belovved hogs, he's hoping for your pain today.  And Brandon Allens.

J. Holly Blasingame, II
Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 13, 2015, 07:56:19 am
I cry at the thought of our creator looking down from on high relishing in two of his more majestic creations (Jack Blasingame and Mike Irwin) pulling together for the benefit of all razorback nation. Neigh..! mankind...
Quote from: Fort Dweller on February 14, 2015, 10:04:29 pm
And they slowly slink back to their holes.  Well done Madden and Watkins.

Cinco de Hogo

I expect the coaching staff to do what is best for the program. We owe a fifth year senior nothing in the way of a gaurentered starting spot nor do we owe any other player that.  After the Tennessee game we will be five games in, if it's a loss getting to a bowl game is virtually impossible.  Any player that is not helping you get were you need to be next year is simply in the way OF you getting were you want to be next year.  Coaches need to be smart about the because next year thing start getting very hot.

hoghearted

It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle