Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What would redemption look like?

Started by MontanaHog, September 20, 2015, 09:35:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MontanaHog

I know, I know, based on what we've seen so far, this season, it seems impossible. But in your mind, what would it take for this team and coaching staff to redeem itself? Would 6-6 and a bowl be enough?  What about 5-7 but with a monumental upset or two?   For me, it starts with a good performance against A&M in all phases of the game, even if it's a close loss.

judgeroyswine

Forget it. It's just a painful exercise that's unnecessary.

2-10, start preparing yourself.
Overcoming the gloom, despair, and agony of Hog fandom since 1961.

Sed76

At this point I don't know if the season can be redeemed.

LRHawg

Hawghiggs

Quote from: LRHawg on September 20, 2015, 10:18:36 pm
Have to go to a bowl.
Agreed. Not making a bowl game should be a solid reason to get fired. 6-6 is not asking to much of any coach. We have 1 guaranteed win on the schedule and have to go 4-4 in conference play. If that can't be managed. Then we should hire a new coach.

woopigsooie1222

Quote from: Hawghiggs on September 20, 2015, 11:41:00 pm
Agreed. Not making a bowl game should be a solid reason to get fired. 6-6 is not asking to much of any coach. We have 1 guaranteed win on the schedule and have to go 4-4 in conference play. If that can't be managed. Then we should hire a new coach.

4-4 in conference play would look like this:

3 Guaranteed losses to Bama, LSU, Ole Piss.

That leaves A&M, Tennessee, Mississippi State, Auburn and Missouri. To make a bowl we have to beat 4 of these teams.

Don't buy your plane tickets just yet gentlemen.
The South Will Rise Again!

MontanaHog

Quote from: MontanaHog on September 20, 2015, 09:35:13 pm
I know, I know, based on what we've seen so far, this season, it seems impossible. But in your mind, what would it take for this team and coaching staff to redeem itself? Would 6-6 and a bowl be enough?  What about 5-7 but with a monumental upset or two?   For me, it starts with a good performance against A&M in all phases of the game, even if it's a close loss.

I should be more careful what I wish for.

Obviously, without penalties, we win relatively easily. It seems to me that that we now have a penalty-prone reputation with officiating crews, and on marginal calls they always throw the flag. I think it's going to take a string of very clean games, maybe the rest of this season, to establish better cred.

One last thing...it was my first game at JerryWorld. Our fans were absolutely great. We definitely out-cheered the Aggies.

MontanaHog

Quote from: MontanaHog on September 27, 2015, 09:54:20 am
I should be more careful what I wish for.

Obviously, without penalties, we win relatively easily. It seems to me that that we now have a penalty-prone reputation with officiating crews, and on marginal calls they always throw the flag. I think it's going to take a string of very clean games, maybe the rest of this season, to establish better cred.

One last thing...it was my first game at JerryWorld. Our fans were absolutely great. We definitely out-cheered the Aggies.

Step 2 on the redemption trail--check (barely).

As good as Bama looked today, I would be satisfied with a respectable loss for step 3.

MontanaHog

Quote from: MontanaHog on October 03, 2015, 09:42:24 pm
Step 2 on the redemption trail--check (barely).

As good as Bama looked today, I would be satisfied with a respectable loss for step 3.
Step 3 on the redemption trail--check, based solely on the performance of our defense.  I know we didn't play well offensively, but Alabama's D makes a lot of teams look bad.

After the bye, the next step will have to be a convincing win over Auburn.

MontanaHog

Quote from: MontanaHog on October 10, 2015, 09:59:47 pm
Step 3 on the redemption trail--check, based solely on the performance of our defense.  I know we didn't play well offensively, but Alabama's D makes a lot of teams look bad.

After the bye, the next step will have to be a convincing win over Auburn.
Step 4....check. I wanted a convincing win, but maybe a 4 OT gut check is even better for this team's psyche.  It's not good for my health, however.

MontanaHog

Quote from: MontanaHog on October 24, 2015, 03:28:27 pm
Step 4....check. I wanted a convincing win, but maybe a 4 OT gut check is even better for this team's psyche.  It's not good for my health, however.
Step 5.....epic check. I consider this team officially redeemed! We'll be talking about this one FOREVER.

MontanaHog

Quote from: MontanaHog on November 07, 2015, 06:44:41 pm
Step 5.....epic check. I consider this team officially redeemed! We'll be talking about this one FOREVER.
I said it before, and I'll say it again: Redemption is complete!  I LOVE this team.

FreshHog

Quote from: judgeroyswine on September 20, 2015, 09:37:52 pm
Forget it. It's just a painful exercise that's unnecessary.

2-10, start preparing yourself.

AHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA THIS MAN MUST FEEL LIKE A F*CKING IDIOT!

NuttinItUp

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: FreshHog on November 14, 2015, 10:20:31 pm
AHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA THIS MAN MUST FEEL LIKE A F*CKING IDIOT!
Nah, he'll either hide behind a hog nose and pretend like he's never said these things.

Or he'll hide behind "nothing redeems Toledo" like a hater.

HawgnCorona

aaahh to have a do over(or hit that darned reset button) in the games we lost.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8