Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Haters & Huggers

Started by jabber71, February 12, 2018, 08:34:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

texas tush hog

Quote from: liljo on February 16, 2018, 09:42:07 am
Hugger: I love the Hogs, and think Coach Anderson is an excellent coach and even better man. He handles himself with class, has solidified our program, and has some really good talent on the way.

I never set preseason expectations. 18-22 year old kids, I have found, are very difficult to predict.

I have to agree, I have loved Mike since the Nolan years. He and Marcheita are class individuals, and in a few years will build something special, starting possibly this year, and if not, definitely next year. Count me as a true Razorback fan or hugger if you will.

Cargill A. BullHog

Im Coach A all the way, whether we win or lose.

He'd have to have back to back losing seasons for me to question him.

But for now, we're getting hot.  Enjoy the ride, who knows how long it will last
I love my Razorbacks, Coach A, Coach M, Coach VH and all the players and fans.

texas tush hog

Quote from: Cargill A. BullHog on February 16, 2018, 11:38:56 am
Im Coach A all the way, whether we win or lose.

He'd have to have back to back losing seasons for me to question him.

But for now, we're getting hot.  Enjoy the ride, who knows how long it will last

Thanks, you are a true friend of the Hogs, dilly, dilly.

jabber71

Quote from: hogsanity on February 16, 2018, 09:49:09 am
So then he is a major college coach, because lots of them have done this or similar things. They bail when they see trouble coming, either with the NCAA or with a downturn in talent ( see Urban at Fla ) then they pop up at a new job.

I know its been done before, but from as far back as his UMass days I have disliked and distrusted him. Of course when he ended up in KY it just made it that easier to dislike him.
You can't always convince someone you are right, but you can always convince them you think you're right!

texas tush hog

Quote from: texas tush hog on February 16, 2018, 11:15:44 am
The greatest basketball coach of all time, John Wooden, was mediocre from 1957 to 1963. 102-59 over that span (Mike is 146-82 over a similar span).  Then viola, ten NCAA championships in twelve years. I know UCLA is glad they did not fire mediocre John in 1963.

I would hate to to think that the UCLAns woud have dumped Wooden after a few mediocre years like many on this board wish we would Mike.

porkinsons disease

Quote from: Knot2brite on February 14, 2018, 12:53:22 pm
Not a hater nor a hugger...I just see fundamental things that have not been changed in seven years and that those things have kept the Hogs from going further in the NCAA tourney in a search for a championship. I think that the plateau for this staff could be sweet 16. That doesn't mean that MA is a terrible coach but rather he isn't able to change according to the game and therefore we will not advance under his leadership. I want him to succeed. I need him to succeed but ultimately the goal every year should be to reach a championship or be as close as we possibly can. Some years that is a loss in the first round and some years that means we win it all. This team is not void of talent but they are not getting the job done and that may be for a variety of reasons but they have not done it under the guidance of MA for the six previous years and at some point you have to cut bait or fish
^^^^^ nailed it
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

Gonzo

February 17, 2018, 01:49:30 pm #106 Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 02:01:55 pm by Gonzo
Quote from: texas tush hog on February 17, 2018, 10:45:48 am

I would hate to to think that the UCLAns woud have dumped Wooden after a few mediocre years like many on this board wish we would Mike.

Not to discredit MA, I think he's done a decent job, but in your attempt to align him with greatness you should have noted in the 9 years prior to the ones you cherry-picked Wooden and UCLA won 6 of 9 conference titles and made the NCAA tournament 6 times. If MA were to put together a similar string of seasons I suspect the Hog faithful would be just as forgiving of a subsequent down period as UCLA fans. Context matters.

Go Hogs!

PonderinHog

Well, today I'm a hater   >:(

of all things aggie.

Go Hogs!

PonderinHog

OkieBack

Quote from: PonderinHog on February 17, 2018, 05:20:01 pm
I feel better now!   :)

Exactly.  Hang on haters.  It may not be your style of ball, but its better than some of the rest of the SEC.  Support our team.  Tournament is close.  It's go-time!!!

Gonzo

February 17, 2018, 11:41:43 pm #110 Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 10:04:25 am by Gonzo
Hater or hugger no matter, that was a good win!!

Go Hogs!

WaltKowalski

Quote from: jabber71 on February 12, 2018, 08:34:23 am
Just for kicks and giggles in 1 sentence what could Mike / the team do between now and the end of the SEC tournament to admit you were wrong? In other words is there anything that can happen in the next few weeks to change your mind.

I just like MA as a human and coach. I think he came into a depleted Arkansas program. Dana Altman left us at the alter.

No way we screw him over after he came home. The guy is an Arkansas Legend.

Letsroll1200

Message to the Haters! Just Keep Watching....

GuvHog

Quote from: WaltKowalski on February 17, 2018, 11:49:03 pm
I just like MA as a human and coach. I think he came into a depleted Arkansas program. Dana Altman left us at the alter.

No way we screw him over after he came home. The guy is an Arkansas Legend.

After what John White pulled on Dana, I don't blame him for going back to Creighton. If John White had kept his nose out of it and not gone behind Frank's back, Dana Altman would not have left us at the alter.

I'm neither a Hugger nor a Hater and I very much enjoyed the win over A&M.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

jabber71

Quote from: GuvHog on February 18, 2018, 07:44:27 am
After what John White pulled on Dana, I don't blame him for going back to Creighton. If John White had kept his nose out of it and not gone behind Frank's back, Dana Altman would not have left us at the alter.

I'm neither a Hugger nor a Hater and I very much enjoyed the win over A&M.

At the time I was upset how that went down, but now I am glad Altman did not stay long enough to cause us any damage. The more I read about his conduct at Oregon the more I am thankful we have Anderson. Glad we have a winning coach, not a win at all cost coach...
You can't always convince someone you are right, but you can always convince them you think you're right!

SemperFi

One sentence, huh? I'll play.

"Coach the team, his team, to play as a basketball team instead of the disorganization that has plagued his teams for seven years."

That's my one sentence. Do that and I'll change my stance from wanting change to let's see what else he can do. Fall back to what's not working because of stubbornness or the inability to change then I'll continue to voice my displeasure and despite having zero influence over the matter hope for change at the Head Coach.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Letsroll1200

Quote from: SemperFi on February 18, 2018, 10:02:59 am
One sentence, huh? I'll play.

"Coach the team, his team, to play as a basketball team instead of the disorganization that has plagued his teams for seven years."

That's my one sentence. Do that and I'll change my stance from wanting change to let's see what else he can do. Fall back to what's not working because of stubbornness or the inability to change then I'll continue to voice my displeasure and despite having zero influence over the matter hope for change at the Head Coach.

This disorganized basketball team is second in scoring in the SEC and tied for third in league standings.
What team in the SEC plays organized basketball to your standards?

You deserve it! Here it comes! Just Keep Watching

SemperFi

Let me add this as well. I despise classifying Razorback fans as either a Hater or a Hugger. Darksider or Sunshine Pumper are just as weak. Those of you that can't get past that stupidity are just buried in your immaturity. I'm a Razorback fan and just because I'm not a fan of Mike Anderson doesn't mean that I don't love the Razorbacks any less than anyone else that claim to be a Razorback fan. Some of you are so stuck on a man that you accept things that we as Razorback fans should not and then the infighting begins. It's all a bunch of crap! If Mike Anderson is successful that means the Razorbacks are successful and that's all that I want. Win or lose I'm all Hog! So to you that hate for the sake of hating and those that blindly place your faith in a man it's time to stop this craziness. If I disagree, that's my opinion and I'll be darned if I'm robbed of my opinion.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

jabber71

Warren Nolan Predicted outcome

28   FEB 20
TUE   9:00 PM   
Team         Record    Predicted outcome 
Kentucky   18-9          W   81 - 76
29   FEB 24
SAT   6:00 PM      
Alabama   17-10   L   75 - 77
30   FEB 27
Auburn   23-4          W   85 - 84
31   MAR 3
Missouri   17-9           L   74 - 77

1 Would you be happy with this outcome? Me 2 weeks ago yes, Me today No!
2 Do You agree with it or will we do better or worse? If the games are this close I think we win 3 out of the last 4. I think Alabama will be our lose

311Hog

these are all 1 possession games.  I would be happy with it.  I think it would assure us a double bye in the SEC T, and a solid bid to the big dance.

Next 4 are a toss up IMHO all of them. IMHO need to win 2.

The_Iceman

Quote from: jabber71 on February 19, 2018, 11:58:15 am
Warren Nolan Predicted outcome

28   FEB 20
Team         Record    Predicted outcome 
Kentucky   18-9          W   81 - 76
29   FEB 24
Alabama   17-10   L   75 - 77
30   FEB 27
Auburn   23-4          W   85 - 84
31   MAR 3
Missouri   17-9           L   74 - 77

1 Would you be happy with this outcome? Me 2 weeks ago yes, Me today No!
2 Do You agree with it or will we do better or worse? If the games are this close I think we win 3 out of the last 4. I think Alabama will be our lose

Agree with it. We'd finish 21-10 (10-8). Not great, not terrible. We need to get lucky on our NCAA Tournament seeding if we hope to see the 2nd weekend.

Kevin

Quote from: texas tush hog on February 16, 2018, 11:15:44 am
The greatest basketball coach of all time, John Wooden, was mediocre from 1957 to 1963. 102-59 over that span (Mike is 146-82 over a similar span).  Then viola, ten NCAA championships in twelve years. I know UCLA is glad they did not fire mediocre John in 1963.

the bag man showed up, and the started getting great players
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Rome26

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 19, 2018, 12:36:53 pm
Agree with it. We'd finish 21-10 (10-8). Not great, not terrible. We need to get lucky on our NCAA Tournament seeding if we hope to see the 2nd weekend.

There's so much parity in college basketball that I'm not worried about what seed we get.  I just hope we get Dallas or Nashville. Having a home crowd advantage would be huge.

jabber71

Has the last 5 games changed your mind?

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

jabber71

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 12, 2018, 09:47:26 am
Mike will not achieve this roster's full potential this season, which is disappointing. We should have been competing for the SEC title, especially considering the current standings.

If Mike just makes the NCAA Tournament this year, I'll be satisfied with him moving forward.

However, looking at the final 6 games, that is not even close to a sure thing. Winning just 3 of these final 6 will be very difficult. I don't think anything less than 9-9 will get us in.

If Mike ends up taking us to the NIT in 2018, and then likely again in 2019, there is no justification for keeping him around.

So far we are 4 & 1 and not only in the NCAA but projected to be a solid 6 seed. If this enough for you to view this team differently?

KlubhouseKonnected

Just for kicks and giggles in 1 sentence what could Mike / the team do between now and the end of the SEC tournament to admit you were wrong? In other words is there anything that can happen in the next few weeks to change your mind.

Hater: Sweet Sixteen and a return next season, unless they make the Sweet Sixteen, in which case it's Elite 8 and return next season. Oh and also they need to time travel back to Mike's first three seasons and make those teams improve faster than they did because I like to disregard recent successes in favor of pointing out that we were not as successful in years 1 and 2 of the coaches tenure.

Oh, and they have to cure racial prejudice.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

hogsanity

Quote from: jabber71 on March 01, 2018, 10:33:01 am
So far we are 4 & 1 and not only in the NCAA but projected to be a solid 6 seed. If this enough for you to view this team differently?

Not answering for ICE, but I predicted 23-8 so they are going to end up very close to what I thought this team should do in the reg season. So nothing has changed my mind. If they go on a run in the ncaat, great, but the issue then becomes almost all ( and if Gafford leaves ) all of the scoring is gone. The rim protector is gone, the sr leadership is gone. So next yr will end up being another trip down the hill on the Anderson Roller Coaster.

But, that will all be seen in time, right now they have one reg season gm left, then the sect and then hopefully a long stay in the NCAAT. I have said all along, they do have one thing going for them this year that many teams that make deep runs have, SR GUARDS. Teams with SR Guards seem to do very well, especially the 1st weekend.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

cityhog

2 weeks doesn't change 7 years of refusal to adapt to what the other team is doing, and when there is a change in strategy it's only because the 'back is up against the wall' effect is in play.

jabber71

Quote from: cityhog on March 01, 2018, 11:02:25 am
2 weeks doesn't change 7 years of refusal to adapt to what the other team is doing, and when there is a change in strategy it's only because the 'back is up against the wall' effect is in play.

I agree 100% but for a different reason, when the FBI / NCAA investigation is done, I wonder how many wins we will have to vacate? I do not think we will lose a single win. It amazes me how well Mike has done when playing some "semi pro teams". I for one hope he does not adapt to what a lot of the most successful teams have been doing for the last 7 years.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: jabber71 on March 01, 2018, 10:33:01 am

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=658091.msg11410429#msg11410429

Quote from: jabber71 on March 01, 2018, 11:16:21 am
I agree 100% but for a different reason, when the FBI / NCAA investigation is done, I wonder how many wins we will have to vacate? I do not think we will lose a single win. It amazes me how well Mike has done when playing some "semi pro teams". I for one hope he does not adapt to what a lot of the most successful teams have been doing for the last 7 years.

::)
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

steveaustin69

Quote from: jabber71 on March 01, 2018, 11:16:21 am

It amazes me the folks so sure that every good program is going to come toppling down from this investigation.

Illinihog

Quote from: porkinsons disease on February 17, 2018, 12:20:07 pm
^^^^^ nailed it

This is how I feel.  For instance, if we play Kentucky again, I'd hope he wouldn't have Barford chase Knox around on defense the entire time he is in the game.  Watch the 2nd Half Barford was worn out from playing defense.  I'd put Gabe, Hall, or Bailey on him and say boys chase him around until your gassed and we will get someone else in.  You aren't counting on much on the offensive end with those 3. 

It's things like that boggle my mind.

I'd like to see more balances in his recruiting classes.  They seem to be heavy one way or another.

jabber71

Quote from: steveaustin69 on March 01, 2018, 11:24:03 am
It amazes me the folks so sure that every good program is going to come toppling down from this investigation.

Not every good program but according to CBS & ABC Sports the following schools should be worried!

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/report-fbi-probe-ncaa-corruption-identifies-violations-basketball/story?id=53385710

"based on Friday's report, and documents obtained therein, schools that could potentially face NCAA repercussions include: Alabama, Clemson, Creighton, Duke, Iowa State, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisville, LSU, Maryland, Michigan State, NC State, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Seton Hall, USC, Utah, Villanova, Virginia, Washington, Wichita State Texas and Xavier."

How would our last 7 years ended up if these teams played by the same rules as Mike.

jabber71

Quote from: Illinihog on March 01, 2018, 11:32:03 am
This is how I feel.  For instance, if we play Kentucky again, I'd hope he wouldn't have Barford chase Knox around on defense the entire time he is in the game.  Watch the 2nd Half Barford was worn out from playing defense.  I'd put Gabe, Hall, or Bailey on him and say boys chase him around until your gassed and we will get someone else in.  You aren't counting on much on the offensive end with those 3. 

I'd like to see more balances in his recruiting classes.  They seem to be heavy one way or another.

But if Knox was not on the floor how would we have played? Isn't he one that is under question as well?

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/22572170/kentucky-wildcats-freshman-kevin-knox-deflects-questions-fbi-investigation-reports

Illinihog

Quote from: jabber71 on March 01, 2018, 11:41:34 am
But if Knox was not on the floor how would we have played? Isn't he one that is under question as well?

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/22572170/kentucky-wildcats-freshman-kevin-knox-deflects-questions-fbi-investigation-reports

I was using the UK game as an example of how some of his coaching decisions leave me scratching my head.  Why have one of your best offensive weapons defending their best offensive option, when your said player isn't as strong offensively. 

Not trying to be a dick but So what if Knox was investigated, he still played. 

Illinihog

Quote from: jabber71 on March 01, 2018, 11:37:09 am
Not every good program but according to CBS & ABC Sports the following schools should be worried!

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/report-fbi-probe-ncaa-corruption-identifies-violations-basketball/story?id=53385710

"based on Friday's report, and documents obtained therein, schools that could potentially face NCAA repercussions include: Alabama, Clemson, Creighton, Duke, Iowa State, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisville, LSU, Maryland, Michigan State, NC State, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Seton Hall, USC, Utah, Villanova, Virginia, Washington, Wichita State Texas and Xavier."

How would our last 7 years ended up if these teams played by the same rules as Mike.

They all have played by the same rules as Mike, to what degree some of them didn't abide by the rules is up for debate.  I wish Mike would get his hands a little dirty.  If he isn't going to coach'em up at least get a little dirty.

steveaustin69

"based on Friday's report, and documents obtained therein, schools that could potentially face NCAA repercussions include: Alabama[, Clemson, Creighton, Duke, Iowa State, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisville, LSU, Maryland, Michigan State, NC State, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Seton Hall, USC, Utah, Villanova, Virginia, Washington, Wichita State Texas and Xavier."

Yeah. Potentially.

I like to keep my assessment of the program and Mike rooted in facts and statistics not potentials.

steveaustin69

Quote from: Illinihog on March 01, 2018, 11:46:47 am
I was using the UK game as an example of how some of his coaching decisions leave me scratching my head.  Why have one of your best offensive weapons defending their best offensive option, when your said player isn't as strong offensively. 

Not trying to be a dick but So what if Knox was investigated, he still played.

Yup.

Did we get to go replay the Sugar Bowl sans Terelle Pryor?

cityhog

I'm not talking about violating NCAA rules. I'm talking about playing zone earlier in the season and not being so hell bent on trapping and fouling 90 ft from the basket. Or defending the 3 point line instead of constantly switching and leading to bad match-ups.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: steveaustin69 on March 01, 2018, 11:54:04 am
Yup.

Did we get to go replay the Sugar Bowl sans Terelle Pryor?

I was there and we should have won that game..I mean the DE intercepts the pass...Really heartbreaking. There was more than Pryor that shouldn't have played in that game. But honestly I wanted us to beat them with all their players.

Illinihog

Quote from: cityhog on March 01, 2018, 12:13:39 pm
I'm not talking about violating NCAA rules. I'm talking about playing zone earlier in the season and not being so hell bent on trapping and fouling 90 ft from the basket. Or defending the 3 point line instead of constantly switching and leading to bad match-ups.

Don't bring facts to the conversation. 

That's what is hard about this topic, there is nothing in 2 weeks in year 7 that is going to change my mind.  Maybe if he makes adjustments by year 9 I'll like him.

riccoar

Quote from: Illinihog on March 01, 2018, 11:32:03 am

Mike seems hell bent on not playing zone.  Especially in the instances where we SHOULD be playing it.

I'm not a hater, just a realist.  Mike is a good step above Heath and Pelphrey, though not quite in the league of Sutton or Nolan.  Arkansas is a program that can and should expect a coach that can bring consistent success like Sutton and Nolan did.

jabber71

Quote from: riccoar on March 01, 2018, 12:33:03 pm
Mike seems hell bent on not playing zone.  Especially in the instances where we SHOULD be playing it.

I'm not a hater, just a realist.  Mike is a good step above Heath and Pelphrey, though not quite in the league of Sutton or Nolan.  Arkansas is a program that can and should expect a coach that can bring consistent success like Sutton and Nolan did.

Ok lets talks facts and records, how about compare the last 4 seasons of each coach
Eddie Sutton last 4 seasons at Arkansas
1981-82   Arkansas   SWC   29   23   6   .793   14.79   6.35   18   5   12   NCAA Tournament; Reg. Season Champion;
1982-83   Arkansas   SWC   30   26   4   .867   13.26   2.29   17   4   9   NCAA Tournament
1983-84   Arkansas   SWC   32   25   7   .781   10.18   2.47   14   8   8   NCAA Tournament
1984-85   Arkansas   SWC   35   22   13   .629   9.79           6.19   16   16      NCAA Tournament

Nolan Richardson last 4 seasons at Arkansas
1998-99   Arkansas   SEC   34   23   11   .676   12.83   6.01   19   17   17   NCAA Tournament
1999-00   Arkansas   SEC   34   19   15   .559   12.37   7.76            NCAA Tournament; Conf. Tournament Champion
2000-01   Arkansas   SEC   31   20   11   .645   16.61   6.16   15   15      NCAA Tournament
2001-02   Arkansas   SEC   29   14   15   .483   12.27   10.13            

Mike Anderson
2014-15   Arkansas   SEC   36   27   9   .750   14.07   6.79      18   21   NCAA Tournament
2015-16   Arkansas   SEC   32   16   16   .500   10.23   6.76            
2016-17   Arkansas   SEC   36   26   10   .722   14.04   8.60            NCAA Tournament
2017-18   Arkansas   SEC   30   21   9   .700   16.36   9.56      22      currently projected as 6 seed in NCAA Tournament

I would say Mike in his last 4 years is trending up. I have said before I do not believe the SWC was as strong as the SEC is today, so while Eddie had better numbers he did not face the same level of competition.

jabber71

Quote from: Illinihog on March 01, 2018, 11:48:39 am
They all have played by the same rules as Mike, to what degree some of them didn't abide by the rules is up for debate.  I wish Mike would get his hands a little dirty.  If he isn't going to coach'em up at least get a little dirty.

To play by the rules, implies you obey the rules, so no they did not obey the rules. I completely disagree with coaching dirty, at the end of the day I want to have the sleep of the righteous, not waiting for the other shoe to drop!

Busta_Nutt

How would our last 7 years have ended up if Mike had played by the same rules as these teams? Probably would not have missed out on the in-state talents of Archie Goodwin, KeVaughn Allen, and Malik Monk. The NCAA can vacate all they want, but Louisville won that National Championship and they have rings and a tattoo to prove it. If you're not cheating, you're cheating yourself.

jabber71

Quote from: Busta_Nutt on March 01, 2018, 01:33:28 pm
How would our last 7 years have ended up if Mike had played by the same rules as these teams? Probably would not have missed out on the in-state talents of Archie Goodwin, KeVaughn Allen, and Malik Monk. The NCAA can vacate all they want, but Louisville won that National Championship and they have rings and a tattoo to prove it. If you're not cheating, you're cheating yourself.

I would hate to live in the world you have described!

steveaustin69

Quote from: jabber71 on March 01, 2018, 01:11:18 pm
Ok lets talks facts and records, how about compare the last 4 seasons of each coach
Eddie Sutton last 4 seasons at Arkansas
1981-82   Arkansas   SWC   29   23   6   .793   14.79   6.35   18   5   12   NCAA Tournament; Reg. Season Champion;
1982-83   Arkansas   SWC   30   26   4   .867   13.26   2.29   17   4   9   NCAA Tournament
1983-84   Arkansas   SWC   32   25   7   .781   10.18   2.47   14   8   8   NCAA Tournament
1984-85   Arkansas   SWC   35   22   13   .629   9.79           6.19   16   16      NCAA Tournament

Nolan Richardson last 4 seasons at Arkansas
1998-99   Arkansas   SEC   34   23   11   .676   12.83   6.01   19   17   17   NCAA Tournament
1999-00   Arkansas   SEC   34   19   15   .559   12.37   7.76            NCAA Tournament; Conf. Tournament Champion
2000-01   Arkansas   SEC   31   20   11   .645   16.61   6.16   15   15      NCAA Tournament
2001-02   Arkansas   SEC   29   14   15   .483   12.27   10.13            

Mike Anderson
2014-15   Arkansas   SEC   36   27   9   .750   14.07   6.79      18   21   NCAA Tournament
2015-16   Arkansas   SEC   32   16   16   .500   10.23   6.76            
2016-17   Arkansas   SEC   36   26   10   .722   14.04   8.60            NCAA Tournament
2017-18   Arkansas   SEC   30   21   9   .700   16.36   9.56      22      currently projected as 6 seed in NCAA Tournament

I would say Mike in his last 4 years is trending up. I have said before I do not believe the SWC was as strong as the SEC is today, so while Eddie had better numbers he did not face the same level of competition.

Ok lets talks facts and records, how about compare the last 7 seasons of each coach

Eddie Sutton last 7 seasons at Arkansas:
166-51, 7 tournaments, 2 sweet 16s, an elite eight

Nolan Richardson last 7 seasons at Arkansas:
137-87, 5 tournaments, a sweet 16

Mike Anderson last 7 seasons at Arkansas:
149-83, 3 tournaments

I find it pretty funny that you tried to use selective years to prove your point. Nolan in his worst stretch was just as good as Mike currently is for post season success.

Busta_Nutt

Quote from: jabber71 on March 01, 2018, 01:38:13 pm
I would hate to live in the world you have described!

Wake up, Jasper. You're living in it now!

Illinihog

Quote from: jabber71 on March 01, 2018, 01:15:07 pm
To play by the rules, implies you obey the rules, so no they did not obey the rules. I completely disagree with coaching dirty, at the end of the day I want to have the sleep of the righteous, not waiting for the other shoe to drop!

I implied that maybe some haven't played by the rules.  But they all had the same rules to follow.  Just Win...I don't care how.  I really don't give a damn.  I'd take Cal in a NY minute.  Do you really believe Nolan was clean?  Getting kids out of Memphis.  There is no way those kids came the clean way.