Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why do hog fans hate kentucky?

Started by arkie501, January 26, 2006, 01:56:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kodiak

I believe in multi-tasking!
I hate LSU, and KU!  Oh yes there is also TexA$$!
Due to the lack of interest, the remainder of this day has been cancelled.
K.I.S.S.  Keep It Simple Stupid!

three

Quote from: dukefan on January 27, 2006, 09:42:12 pm
Own DUKE! Now that is funny I don't care who you are that is funny!
I don't know what YOU would classify as "owning" another team, but I woud say when you have beaten a team more times than they have beaten you, and one of your wins came in the National Championship game (on their home turf, palying Duke in Charlotte would be like playing Arkansas in Little Rock!!) that's pretty much owning them!  Anyone else agree?
Worrying is like a rocking chair...it gives you something to do, but you don't get anywhere.

dukefan

Did you forget Duke beat Day and Mayberry's team !  I don't think you have a winning record against Duke!

three

Quote from: dukefan on January 27, 2006, 10:00:12 pm
Did you forget Duke beat Day and Mayberry's team !  I don't think you have a winning record against Duke!
Actually, Arkansas leads the all-time series 2 wins to 1.  Duke beat Arkansas in the final four in 1990 97-83.  The very next season, Mayberry, Day and Miller got their revenge in the pre-season NIT 98-88 (Arkansas was ranked 2, Duke 6).  And then in 1994, the last time these two schools met, Arkansas went to North Carolina and beat Duke in the National Championship gasme on their own turf 76-72, and that was a very experienced team for Duke, while Arkansas had 2 seniors, one was out with a broken ankle.  Thanks for playing "I think my team's better, but I have no factual evidence to back it up."  We have a lovely parting gift for you.............IT'S A HOG HAT, ONE OF THE MOST RECOGNIZABLE SYMBOLS IN ALL OF SPORTS, SECOND ONLY TO THE CHEESE HEAD OF THE GREEN BAY PACKERS."
Worrying is like a rocking chair...it gives you something to do, but you don't get anywhere.

three

Quote from: dukefan on January 27, 2006, 10:10:04 pm
Your Facts sux look past the year you were born 1990!
You wanna tell me when the other times Arkansas played Duke were?  Again, if you have the facts, I'd love to hear them.  The two schools NEVER MET prior to the final four in 1990.  You remind me of this guy I used to work with who never would listen to reason, just blindly ran around believing he knew everything, problem is, he knew very little.  If you could prove me wrong, I'd love to hear your facts!!!  Arkansas and Duke have met exactly 3 times, Arkansas one twice, Duke won once.  Again, thanks for playing

SPAL

Cant see any hate for them. When The hogs walked into the arena at our first ever SEC tourney and thousands of Hog faithful stood to their feet and called the hogs...Uk knew they had company. we had a good old fashioned rivaly with them up until a few years ago, now they own us. But everybody in America knows, for the SEC to be successful, both UA and UK have to be successful.

HawgWyld

Quote from: dukefan on January 27, 2006, 06:50:19 pm
Quote from: HawgWyld on January 27, 2006, 04:42:20 pm
Quote from: dukefan on January 27, 2006, 02:09:03 pm
Jealousy?

Don't hate Kentucky.

Duke, on the other hand...
Jealousy?

Uh, no. Just sick of the fact the sports media on the East Coast treats each and every college basketball season as a mere preamble to Duke winning the NCAA championship.

What's a Duke fan doing hanging around a UA board, anyway?

Joe Davis (USS Razorback)

Quote from: pfrg999 on January 26, 2006, 02:14:21 pm
Quote from: ColinRagan on January 26, 2006, 02:03:54 pm
then again there was that whole Eddie Sutton leaving us for Kentucky saying something like: "I would crawl on my hands and knees to leave Ark and go to Kentucky"

No he said "I would rather crawl to Kentucky through broken glass on my knees than stay at Arkansas" I hated him for along time for that... But now we have a NC he doesn't

I will always remember that too.  I blamed Sutton though.  I never held a grevience against Kentucky.  The only teams I ever hated were Texas and SMU.  I forgave SMU as it was not their fault in the instance that really grinds me.  I still hate Texas.

pbjones81

What I want to know is why are you coming in here with an arrogant attitude like that?  You act like a couple notre dame fans that I know that think they are "holier than thou".  You might not be directly trash talking the hogs, but you are insinuating that duke is far superior to anyone, including the hogs and I dont think youre making anybody happy because of it..  I know in the past you have said that you are a duke fan, AND a razorback fan but god damn if youre on an arkansas board at least have a hog as your avatar.  do what you want on your duke board but at least show your hog loyalty (if you actually have any) on this board.  anyone with me?

cowboy

the reason arkansas hates kentucky is that Ashley Judd is hotter than any cheerleader we've had.....just my opinion.

jkstock04

Easy, because Tubby Smith is an a-hole.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Buck Ocean

QuoteWhy do hog fans hate kentucky?

Scott Padgett
Jeff Sheppard
Antoine Walker
Derek Anderson
Nazi Mohammed
Jamal McGluire
SAUL SMITH haha

on and on......

Youre battling the best athletes in the mid/late 90s....you know youre going up against the best...you lose consistently by 1 point a year and you know you play at their level or above it...so in a sense you know your better, and they keep beeting you and winning the championship but you know it should be you instead....so you [CENSORED] hate 'em.   Thats me anyways.
Think like a Jedi

Figstick0405

then again there was that whole Eddie Sutton leaving us for Kentucky saying something like: "I would crawl on my hands and knees to leave Ark and go to Kentucky"

That and that in the early 90's when we were sick, some of the most exciting and heated games were with Kentucky.  It's only been recent (since we've been mediocore" that Kentucky hasn't been our most heated rival in basketball.

Personally Kentucky is the basketball team I hate the most in the whole country, but part of that is I used to live in Lexington and the fans drive me crazy

bradyv15

January 28, 2006, 05:38:17 pm #63 Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 05:44:27 pm by bradyv15
I like Kentucky more than any other team in the SEC...they always seem to bring it in every game no matter the sport, but always seems to repect their opponent and not be stuck up or cocky. Unlike florida or LSU...I hated, hated florida's David Lee back when he played, the cockiest player i have ever seen, i remember when him an matt jones got into during a basketball game...Matt Jones being an unemotional athlete in front of the fans pumped me up when he showed to the world how pissed he was at Lee....just something i will never forget as a razorback fan 

bradyv15

Quote from: pbjones81 on January 28, 2006, 01:00:19 am

What I want to know is why are you coming in here with an arrogant attitude like that?  You act like a couple notre dame fans that I know that think they are "holier than thou".  You might not be directly trash talking the hogs, but you are insinuating that duke is far superior to anyone, including the hogs and I dont think youre making anybody happy because of it..  I know in the past you have said that you are a duke fan, AND a razorback fan but god damn if youre on an arkansas board at least have a hog as your avatar.  do what you want on your duke board but at least show your hog loyalty (if you actually have any) on this board.  anyone with me?

yeh i agree 100%...i'm sure duke fans wouldn't like it if we went on duke's sight and told them we would rule them in football, (not implying we would just making a point) ...so we don't or at least as far as i know...he threw a low blow there.

pigatron

I don't hate Kentucky, but I do hate church.

kyhog

I do HATE Kentucky.  Part of the reason is the Eddie Sutton statement and part of it is that I see the fans and how they act toward Kentucky.  If Kentucky loses, it is always the officials' fault.  They are also extremely arrogant about their basketball program.  I realize that they have the best basketball tradition in the nation (#1 in alltime wins), but they haven't been so great since Tubby started coaching his own recruits.

I teach at Western Kentucky and I am also a big fan of the Hilltoppers.  UK fans are so arrogant about UK's superiority over WKU (and over the SEC).  For those that don't know, WKU is in the top 10 (or very close) in alltime wins in NCAA history.  UK has a 3-2 record against WKU, and WKU won the most recent game at Rupp arena a few years ago.  UK will play other Kentucky teams like Eastern Kentucky and Morehead State regularly but they will not play WKU.

This is not the same IMO as Arkansas not playing ASU.  Arkansas doesn't play any other in-state schools.  UK plays Louisville and they play either Eastern Kentucky or Morehead fairly regularly.  They have played WKU 5 times in 75 years.

I will always be a Hog fan, but when they play Kentucky I root for them even harder.  GO HOGS!!!

HawgWyld

Quote from: kyhog on January 28, 2006, 11:48:31 pm
I do HATE Kentucky.  Part of the reason is the Eddie Sutton statement and part of it is that I see the fans and how they act toward Kentucky.  If Kentucky loses, it is always the officials' fault.

Hold on. Uh, to be perfectly fair, Arkansas fans are infamous for blaming officials whenever the Hogs lose, and that's been true since at least the mid-1970s (when I was old enough to start following the Razorbacks). Hell, our own head basketball coach blamed the refs after the Alabama game not too long ago.

I think that's a rotten thing to do, no matter what team is playing the whole "bad officiating cost us the game!" nonsense. Still, I can't blame Kentucky fans for allegedly engaging in the same behavior that Hogs fans have for years.

hogtheball

I remember, as a 10-yr-old child, watching my first favorite sports team (the triplets)get beat in the final four by Kentucky.  I cried. Then, I swore to myself and all my friends that someday we would get even with Kentucky.  And I swore I would never wear my hair like Kyle Macie.  Never trust someone with hair like that.  I wonder if he's a preacher today.
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

Kodiak

Quote from: cowboy on January 28, 2006, 01:26:15 am
the reason arkansas hates kentucky is that Ashley Judd is hotter than any cheerleader we've had.....just my opinion.

You're kidding right ???
Did you see her Sunday?
Sorry man but she is starting to look rough. IMO
Due to the lack of interest, the remainder of this day has been cancelled.
K.I.S.S.  Keep It Simple Stupid!

johnny cash

Tubby is a good enough reason for me.  The cheap SOB bought his mom and dad a JIm walter home.

HawgWyld

Quote from: johnny cash on January 30, 2006, 09:05:44 pm
Tubby is a good enough reason for me.  The cheap SOB bought his mom and dad a JIm walter home.

LOL -- wow. It's funny 'cause it's true!

hogtheball

Mr. Haggard? Is that you?  I love your music.  Yesterday's Wine is the greatest country album of all time.
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

HogPharmD

For those of you that don't think Kentucky fans are so bad should go to the SEC basketball tournament and sit somewhere other than the Arkansas section.... don't even get me started. I took the 6th grade basketball team I coached one year and the KY fans around us ... and I mean completely around us.. were turning around and yelling in the kids faces... When I confronted the KY fans they claimed they were just having fun... classless. That was the last time I sat in the upper section in Atlanta. I've got a couple more stories but I think you've got the picture. Those that think KY is OK... I dare you... go to Atlanta in your Hog gear and sit in the upper section when we are playing the Mudcats.

excoach

Kentucky has always had the tradition of a basketball power maybe??

dmhog v2.0

Quote from: HogPharmD on January 30, 2006, 11:37:42 pm
For those of you that don't think Kentucky fans are so bad should go to the SEC basketball tournament and sit somewhere other than the Arkansas section.... don't even get me started. I took the 6th grade basketball team I coached one year and the KY fans around us ... and I mean completely around us.. were turning around and yelling in the kids faces... When I confronted the KY fans they claimed they were just having fun... classless. That was the last time I sat in the upper section in Atlanta. I've got a couple more stories but I think you've got the picture. Those that think KY is OK... I dare you... go to Atlanta in your Hog gear and sit in the upper section when we are playing the Mudcats.

You took a group of 6th graders? Do you still coach? How about we forge a birth certificate for me, I'll shave and try to talk in a little higher pitch. I'll play the post for your team and hand-deliver a league championship. I wouldn't say I'm a natural post player, more like a 2-guard, but I think I can handle it and create huge mismatches against 12 year olds. I'm a solid 6 ft, so I think it'll work. We can bribe my teammates with video games or R-rated movies or something. In return for delivering you this sought-after championship trophy, I get to go along with the rest of the team to the SEC tournament. Deal?

HogPharmD

MissKitty

Most UK fans I know don't dislike the Hogs at all.  We loved the heated games back in the 90s, and pulled for the Hogs when they weren't playing UK.

dmhog v2.0

Quote from: HogPharmD on January 30, 2006, 11:45:08 pm
Wow... are you clever dm!!!!!!

Do you think it'll work? Hell, I still get carded when I buy alcohol/tobbacco, so I think shaving should seal the deal.

Franchise_Hog

Quote from: kyhog on January 28, 2006, 11:48:31 pm
I do HATE Kentucky.  Part of the reason is the Eddie Sutton statement and part of it is that I see the fans and how they act toward Kentucky.  If Kentucky loses, it is always the officials' fault.  They are also extremely arrogant about their basketball program.  I realize that they have the best basketball tradition in the nation (#1 in alltime wins), but they haven't been so great since Tubby started coaching his own recruits.

I teach at Western Kentucky and I am also a big fan of the Hilltoppers.  UK fans are so arrogant about UK's superiority over WKU (and over the SEC).  For those that don't know, WKU is in the top 10 (or very close) in alltime wins in NCAA history.  UK has a 3-2 record against WKU, and WKU won the most recent game at Rupp arena a few years ago.  UK will play other Kentucky teams like Eastern Kentucky and Morehead State regularly but they will not play WKU.

This is not the same IMO as Arkansas not playing ASU.  Arkansas doesn't play any other in-state schools.  UK plays Louisville and they play either Eastern Kentucky or Morehead fairly regularly.  They have played WKU 5 times in 75 years.

I will always be a Hog fan, but when they play Kentucky I root for them even harder.  GO HOGS!!!

I agree KyHog.  I was watching the game with friends from Kentucky and you should have heard how the officials were just blowing every call and that was the reason the Cats couldn't get started.  The whole time we were up big, I didn't say a word knowing that our Hogs might not be able to close the deal.  As soon as the game was over, they acted like they knew the whole time they were going to win...saying stuff like Brewer was the only player on our team that would get minutes with Tubby. 

No matter how much more talent we had, we still lost and that's what hurts the most.  Everyone in the country knows Kentucky is not that good this year...they overachieved last year.  The main reason I can't stand most Kentucky fans is b/c they don't see what everybody else sees.  They forget that some of the wins they have picked up in SEC play were handed to them...like the other night when Rondo hit that game winning 3 pointer.  My buddies acted like that was supposed to happen...uh, yeah, right.  I'm starting to get worked up over crazy ass Cat fans, I need to stop.