Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

REPORT: Chavis "In & Working" for Arkansas

Started by gdumont, January 02, 2018, 06:42:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gdumont

Dr. Starcs

solitons

what is he working on?
is he recruiting for us? or has he formed his team?

ricepig

It's FootballScoop, they've been wrong before. Hopefully we know something as soon as tomorrow, or Thursday.

Albert Einswine

I'll believe a DC hire when the University issues an official announcement.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

opineonswine

jkstock04

Quote from: Albert Einswine on January 02, 2018, 07:21:20 pm
I'll believe a DC hire when the University issues an official announcement.
This. Message board rumors, Twitter, and local media's sources have been shot to hell with zero credibility. Think how badly they fumbled on the AD search and announcement...had the Tulsa AD named, welcomed, and celebrated. You saw how that turned out.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on January 02, 2018, 06:44:33 pm
Not even the best dc in Texas.

Why dont you just wait and give the new coaches a chance?  You're becoming the porkrinds of mmqb.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

jgphillips3

Quote from: solitons on January 02, 2018, 07:06:16 pm
what is he working on?

Working on the rest of the staff maybe.

DuckTalesLOL

PORKULATOR

I'm not buying anything ANYONE is selling on here until there's an official statement from the athletic department.

Woopigs
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Mjs84

Quote from: solitons on January 02, 2018, 07:06:16 pm
what is he working on?

He's mashing his food up before supper time.

opineonswine

Quote from: Mjs84 on January 02, 2018, 07:39:49 pm
Cute. For a high school freshman.

TebowHater

Hiring a DC who led his team to the 82nd best defense of the year is kind of like hiring an HC who led his team to be the 72nd best team of the year.

Not saying I am not giving both of them a chance, just stating facts.

WPS!

hoglady

He's 61 yrs old.
It's all about work ethic - you either have it or you don't.
If you've got it age doesn't matter and if you don't - it doesn't matter how young you are.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

ricepig

Quote from: hoglady on January 02, 2018, 07:50:42 pm
He's 61 yrs old.
If you've got it age doesn't matter and if you don't - it doesn't matter how young you are.
Dang, I'm less than two years away from having to mash up my food...

Wild Bill Hog

With the money he's got, he can pay someone like you to do it for him.

Mjs84

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on January 02, 2018, 07:58:20 pm
With the money he's got, he can pay someone like you to do it for him.

Well, he could,  but not you.  Unless you want to hand over some food stamps old man.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: opineonswine on January 02, 2018, 07:24:43 pm
He's actually in Arkansas now.
Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 02, 2018, 07:28:24 pm
Why dont you just wait and give the new coaches a chance?  You're becoming the porkrinds of mmqb.

Because I'm tired of the fans getting the shaft. I have no clue why so many of you think chavis is going to be so great here when he had an abundance of athletes and resources and his defenses were bad to terrible at aggieland.

Plus, when the head coach has his first meeting in front of the players and tells them "best dc in the country" and we end up with this, it doesn't look good. Not to mention, his d just gave up 55 to wake forest.

But it's fine. I'll remember all this in a couple of years.

hoglady

Quote from: ricepig on January 02, 2018, 07:58:00 pm
Dang, I'm less than two years away from having to mash up my food...

Hey - I'm ahead of you / I'm 9 months away.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

WaltonCollege

HAHA that is pretty good, he's drinking his Metamucil going thru our roster like what did I get myself into.

East TN HAWG

Quote from: Mjs84 on January 02, 2018, 08:33:31 pm
Yes, we know who the old hags are,  by the responses I'm getting. 

Old hag coaches generally out smart young whipper snappers in the SEC.  We are cutting our SEC teeth on all the offensive coaches but Lunney.  We need SEC experience to balance the coaching staff.  Chavis brings experience. 

Why does Morris get a pass for his head coaching record, and Chavis only gets credit for his last couple of years?  Does not make sense.  He has almost as many top 20 defenses in his career than we've had in 50 years.

Mjs84

Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 02, 2018, 08:50:14 pm
Old hag coaches generally out smart young whipper snappers in the SEC.  We are cutting our SEC teeth on all the offensive coaches but Lunney.  We need SEC experience to balance the coaching staff.  Chavis brings experience. 

Why does Morris get a pass for his head coaching record, and Chavis only gets credit for his last couple of years?  Does not make sense.  He has almost as many top 20 defenses in his career than we've had in 50 years.

Nice try.  See Kirby Smart.  Good Night!

stan the man

Maybe the powers to be need to revolt if they want to hire Chavis like Tennessee did on their original hire

GaryHog

I get sick of the smarta$$ remarks on here. This site reminds me of a high school pissing match.
Make America Great Again!!!!!!!

East TN HAWG

Quote from: Mjs84 on January 02, 2018, 08:52:08 pm
Nice try.  See Kirby Smart.  Good Night!

Smart had more years as an asst coach in the SEC before becoming an DC, than our entire offensive staff has coaching above a GA level(minus Lunney).

Steef

Quote from: GaryHog on January 02, 2018, 08:58:48 pm
I get sick of the smarta$$ remarks on here.

Me too.

"Report to moderator" is your friend.

Steef

Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 02, 2018, 09:00:17 pm
Smart had more years as an asst coach in the SEC before becoming an DC, than our entire offensive staff has coaching above a GA level(minus Lunney).

Yeah you better go to sleep.  Your momma will be there to tuck you in shortly.

If you feed a troll & get a response, then we have to delete your posts with his.

Just an FYI.

East TN HAWG

Quote from: Steef on January 02, 2018, 09:03:10 pm
If you feed a troll & get a response, then we have to delete your posts with his.

Just an FYI.

Thanks man.  After I posted, I realize I should not have made the smart remark.  Tried to modify it.

wachhog

Quote from: stan the man on January 02, 2018, 08:56:35 pm
Maybe the powers to be need to revolt if they want to hire Chavis like Tennessee did on their original hire
What's a "power to be?"
I've seen that term on HOGVILLE but nowhere else that I can remember. Just curious.

Eddie Goodson

Get after it Chief!

Chavis is the best DC to lead the Hogs in the last three decades. Ready to see the staff he is bringing in. Ready to see Coach Caldwell return as well. Ready to see a defense that attacks instead of reacts.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

Three and Snout

BOAR_N2BWILD

Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on January 02, 2018, 08:02:13 pm
Because I'm tired of the fans getting the shaft. I have no clue why so many of you think chavis is going to be so great here when he had an abundance of athletes and resources and his defenses were bad to terrible at aggieland.

Plus, when the head coach has his first meeting in front of the players and tells them "best dc in the country" and we end up with this, it doesn't look good. Not to mention, his d just gave up 55 to wake forest.

I'm not sold on chavis. Hell I'm not sold on morris but I'm at least gonna wait and see how they do before I declare them failures. No matter what any of us do or say morris is our coach and whoever he picks as dc will be our dc. I justvtry to be patient and optimistic. Being mad and negative isn't good for anybody. Might as well give the guys a chance. You never know what might happen.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

East TN HAWG

Smart is younger.  It's fact.   There is a reason why major corporations don't hire young CEOs, but professionals with experience.  Football is the same. 

When filling a position, you must manage your risk.  Hiring a very inexperience coach is a high risk/ high reward type move.  Chavis has a track record top 5, top 10, top 20'defenses.  Yes, the last couple of years have been 40 plus, and are outliers.   By hiring Chavis, you reduce the amount of risk associated with this coaching turnover.  With the coaches coming with/because of him, it is a home run.  There is no other DC of his caliber coming here with the staff he is bringing, and we don't have to roll the dice anymore.

Paul

He's 61 yrs old.
on a good day he looks like he's 81

Stu

Ok...so, let's pretend you are correct in a couple of years.  What difference will it make?  What reward will you get for being right? 

Beyond that, you could probably make the same comment for whoever else might have been named DC, even if BV was coming here and it might even had been true.  Then what?   What would then be the explanation?

I don't have a clue how good or bad our next DC is going to be, but at the moment I would like to give our new HC the benefit of the doubt.   Can you imagine starting a new job and showing up to find out there are people supposedly on the same team hoping you will fail just so they can say, "I told you so"?

I just don't get it.

Mjs84

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

FaulknerHogfan

bscinar

EastTNHog

Ouch....

Ragnar Hogbrok

Ouch. The porkrinds of mmqb?  That's pretty harsh.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Hog Pharm

Because their defenses were ranked in the 50-80 range while we were consistently 110-120. We don't need to be great, just average and I think he can do that.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: Hog Pharm on January 02, 2018, 10:35:50 pm
Because their defenses were ranked in the 50-80 range while we were consistently 110-120. We don't need to be great, just average and I think he can do that.

We'll see. He won't have near the talent to work with here.

ifghog

Not sure it matters who our DC is. I doubt we would average a top 50 defense if Saban was DC. hard to recruit those type defensive players to AR.

kp72204

He's 61 yrs old.
K-state's Snyder is prime example of work ethic.

kp72204