Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ole Lou back on the tube.

Started by nervestrike, January 06, 2018, 04:15:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nervestrike

Pig Worshipper

Is there are new Looney Tunes series he's the voice actor for?

MuskogeeHogFan

Oh he predicted that Georgia would beat Alabama. Could happen, but I doubt it.
Go Hogs Go!

hogcards

"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

GoldCoastHog

He also predicted that Notre Dame would win the 2018 National Championship.

PygmalionEffect2

He's right about the importance of properly identifying the problem in order to solve it.

Had this man suffered a serious beat down before the age of 40 by a brawny female or a tough kid under the age of 16, he would be a lot better at putting things into proper perspective and would have made a better coach and analyst.

Most importantly, he wouldn't have been as big an a hole.
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: GoldCoastHog on January 06, 2018, 07:54:54 pm
He also predicted that Notre Dame would win the 2018 National Championship.

Was about to ask how many times he said ND.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: PygmalionEffect2 on January 06, 2018, 08:07:45 pm
He's right about the importance of properly identifying the problem in order to solve it.

Oh is that was he said? Thx. I understood it as:

"For a given system, the choice of which commuting degrees of freedom to use is not unique, NOTRE DAME and correspondingly the domain of the wave function is also not unique. For instance it may be taken to be a function of all the position coordinates of the particles over position space, or the momenta of all the particles over momentum space; the two are related by a Fourier transform. Some particles NOTRE DAME, like electrons and photons, have nonzero spin, and the wave function for such particles includes spin as an intrinsic, discrete degree of freedom; other discrete variables can also be included, such as isospin. When a system has internal degrees of freedom, the wave function NOTRE DAME at each point in the continuous degrees of freedom (e.g., a point in space) assigns a complex number for each possible value of the discrete degrees of freedom (e.g., z-component of spin) -- these values are often displayed in a NOTRE DAME column matrix (e.g., a 2 × 1 column vector for a non-relativistic electron with spin ​1⁄2)."

Caribhog

If CCM accomplished what Lou did when he was here, would you take it or not?

okrazorback

Quote from: Caribhog on January 07, 2018, 01:08:30 am
If CCM accomplished what Lou did when he was here, would you take it or not?

Absolutely. No matter what else is said about Lou Holtz he is a good coach.

Grunt

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 06, 2018, 05:50:33 pm
Oh he predicted that Georgia would beat Alabama. Could happen, but I doubt it.
I believe Georgia wins.
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

I will be very surprised if Georgia wins.  I won't be surprised if the game is close.

hogcards

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on January 06, 2018, 09:45:37 pm
Was about to ask how many times he said ND.

None

He says "Nowther Sdame" while drooling.
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

Hoggish1

Quote from: nervestrike on January 06, 2018, 04:15:34 pm
http://video.foxnews.com/v/5703881275001/?#sp=show-clips

Very entertaining.  As for the NFL, just have the National Anthem while the teams are in the locker room like college football. Done!

oldhawg

Quote from: Pig Worshipper on January 06, 2018, 05:45:50 pm
Is there are new Looney Tunes series he's the voice actor for?

Old Lou has done pretty well for himself.  Never understood why folks would make fun of someone who has overcome a speech defect to become very successful in his field, as a public speaker no less.  IMO it shows a bit of fortitude on his part.

And if he decides to enter the profession of a Loony Tunes character as a distinctive voice, I am sure he will be very successful at it.