Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hog Fans Welcome Back Team After Big Kentucky Win

Started by Alyssa Orange, February 28, 2014, 12:53:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Alyssa Orange

Hog fans and students met the Razorback Men's basketball team at the airport and at Bud Walton Arena to welcome them home and congratulate them on a big win over Kentucky Thursday night.

http://www.nwahomepage.com/fulltextsports/d/story/razorback-fans-welcome-home-hogs-after-kentucky-wi/82968/vLyST-Fysk-D4AyX0KVL2A

We were able to catch up with some of the students and talked to them about why they felt like coming out at midnight we say congratulations.

http://www.nwahomepage.com/fulltextsports/d/story/arkansas-students-welcome-back-hogs-after-win/13801/EoeudOx_k0q9h1lWjvSkkQ

incHOGnito

I love the way Madden interacts with the fans. He is the emotional leader of this team and Kikko and Clarke are the heart.

goodguytex

Watching that gave me goosebumps! Those guys played their butts off. And I appreciate them for bringing our program back to being respected again. Next year we will be feared again. It's coming..

hoglady

Bud Walton should be rocking like old times when Georgia rolls in.
The crowd should be so loud they make Georgia wilt.
As least that's what I'm hoping for.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

goodguytex

Better not be an empty seat in the house and they better all be on their feet! Go Hogs!!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HamIAm

+1 to everyone who showed up at the airport and when the bus arrived. The team deserved it. 

Flatline

Arky

That brought chills. Man I miss my time on the hill.

HappyHogLover

We are so close to being where we all want to be...Elite!  A bit more work & a few more players but we were given more glimpse last night!  Incredible!!!  WPS & Go Hogs Go!

MikePiazza

To the student that said it was the biggest win in 10 years, maybe in the regular season, yeah.

Beating Indiana in '08 for the first NCAAT win in nine years was a little bigger.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

razorsharptusk

Kudos to the fans that went out there.  That's just awesome!
GO HOGS!!

Danny J

Quote from: MikePiazza on February 28, 2014, 01:02:41 pm
To the student that said it was the biggest win in 10 years, maybe in the regular season, yeah.

Beating Indiana in '08 for the first NCAAT win in nine years was a little bigger.
I think this win was bigger. We were predicted to beat Indiana.

MikePiazza

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on February 28, 2014, 01:19:50 pm
I think this win was bigger. We were predicted to beat Indiana.

True, but postseason always trumps regular season, IMO.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

Danny J

Quote from: MikePiazza on February 28, 2014, 01:24:05 pm
True however this win was a game changer for our program. It had been 20 years. First time sweep of UK. Vegas had us as a 11pt underdog. I am still giddy like a schoolgirl.

Chic-Hog-Oh

Quote from: MikePiazza on February 28, 2014, 01:24:05 pm
True, all else being equal. But this is Kentucky...AT Kentucky. Which is harder and more of a program-changer: beating a weak Indiana team you are favored over on a neutral floor (and then getting absolutely DRUBBED by NC two days later, by the way).... or beating the vaunted, 17th-ranked Wildcats on THEIR floor, where they were 83-4 under Calipari, when the line had you losing by 11, and even most of your FANS didn't think you'd win?

BrooklynRoss

Quote from: goodguytex on February 28, 2014, 07:56:56 am
Better not be an empty seat in the house and they better all be on their feet! Go Hogs!!

I saw two tickets available on Stubhub. TWO!
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.