Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Not Too Soon to Look Ahead to 2017 For Instate Prospects

Started by whosiskid, November 30, 2015, 02:28:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

whosiskid

Although we are still two months away from NSD for the 2016, it isn't too soon to start looking at 2017. Got to say, this looks like it will be a down year for instate prospects. There are some good players, but not many. I love Pierre Strong from McClellan, but he hasn't done the national camps at all and that will kill your rating. I think he ought to be around a 90 or 91, but I'm betting the recruiting services rate him around 84 or 85.

The highest rated prospect in the state is likely to be Taylor Powell, the Fayetteville QB. So the Hogs will be able to evaluate him closely. We'll probably also evaluate Akial Byers, the running back for Fayetteville. Besides Strong, I think they will also look at Alex, Juan's young but very talented brother. He is really small, but we haven't had many quick, change-of-pace backs. Alex is listed as being 5'8, 170.

But a year ago we had already extended offers to people like Akim and Capps, while Jordan Jones had already committed to us. This could prove worrying. While we have always depended on bringing in kids from out of state, we've always been able to get a core from Arkansas. Next year looks like a year where we will just have a few Arkansas kids recruited. This year we also have invited only a small number of instate kids, but the ones that we've recruited are very, very good. I think all of them are underrated, merely because they are from Arkansas. If McTelvin Agim was from Texas or Florida, he'd be a top 15 player on 247, instead of their #61 player.

Anyone know of any other kids who might get offers? Is it a down year for instate linemen?
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

PantherHog733