These are TJ's 2015 stats per MaxPreps:

Rushing Attempts: 91
Total Rushing Yards: 1,344
Carries Per Game: 8.27
Yards Per Game: 122.2
Yards Per Carry: 14.8
Rushing TDs: 22
Fumbles: 0

Those are really amazing stats by  any imaginable standard. Since he will be evaluated for both running back and WR when he gets to Arkansas, here are his receiving stats:

Receptions: 20
Yards: 582
Average: 29.1
TDs: 5

These are some pretty nice numbers indeed. If my math is correct, he had 116 touches but scored 27 TDs. The kid seems to have a gift for running to daylight.

As does Pierre Strong. I tried to find Strong's numbers, but McClellan didn't submit them to MaxPreps. I know he had several 200 yard and a couple of 300 yard games.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: whosiskid on November 29, 2015, 09:22:04 pm
These are TJ's 2015 stats per MaxPreps:

Rushing Attempts: 91
Total Rushing Yards: 1,344
Carries Per Game: 8.27
Yards Per Game: 122.2
Yards Per Carry: 14.8
Rushing TDs: 22
Fumbles: 0

Those are really amazing stats by  any imaginable standard. Since he will be evaluated for both running back and WR when he gets to Arkansas, here are his receiving stats:

Receptions: 20
Yards: 582
Average: 29.1
TDs: 5

These are some pretty nice numbers indeed. If my math is correct, he had 116 touches but scored 27 TDs. The kid seems to have a gift for running to daylight.

As does Pierre Strong. I tried to find Strong's numbers, but McClellan didn't submit them to MaxPreps. I know he had several 200 yard and a couple of 300 yard games.
Those are really incredible #s
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

hawgXi

Incredible!

Scores a TD almost 1 outta 4 touches. (23.4% TD/touch rate)

Hey Super

I hope it translates well to the college level!  :razorback:
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

hawgmasta

That's absolutely bonkers! It's not like he is playing in 2A either.

duckman

This kid will be playing RB, make no mistake about it.  He will catch his share of passes, but it will be out of the backfield or slot.  He not only has great speed but he has great lateral movement.  Watch the video and count the tacklers that he makes miss.  Very Very Impressive...  How he is not a consensus 4-Star is beyond me.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1905248/highlights/285936397/v2

MissippHog

Just watched his video for the first time......I am no longer concerned about the RB position in this next class.   :razorback:

duckman

Quote from: MissippHog on November 30, 2015, 05:21:12 am
Just watched his video for the first time......I am no longer concerned about the RB position in this next class.   :razorback:

I like his video more than Whaley's....

nwahogfan1

Question for those who have been up close to him is he built to stand the punishment of running between the tackles in the SEC?   

Just curious if he is a every down back or a 10 carries a game back?

LRrazorback

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on November 30, 2015, 07:51:32 am
Question for those who have been up close to him is he built to stand the punishment of running between the tackles in the SEC?   

I saw him play 5-6 times this year.  He's a really good football player.  He's tough, fast, elusive, has good hands, and vision. When going north and south he finishes off runs by falling forward and was hard for the opponent to bring down. My problem with him and it's not his problem, is the competition he played against.  Hard to tell how his game is going to translate or if they'll be a significant learning curve when he gets on the field.  He's got good size, 5'10-6' range, and fairly thick, probably around 200 lbs, for a fast running back.  Is he as good as madre, cobbs, or dmac, doubtful but they were exceptions. I would compare him to a cross between Joe Adams and danthony Curtis, hopefully more productive. Kinda similar skill set with deanthony, can play multiple positions, but faster, and a build that is a cross between the two. Hope this helps

Hogsmo Kramer

Just watched his video too.

Yep we can work with that for sure! Very versatile runner with hands.

Can split out, run the jet sweep, catch out of the backfield, run between the tackles, etc.

Add a couple pounds to him and he'll be hell to deal with. Like Duck said has great lateral quickness and cutting ability as well as balance on his feet.

Will complement a bit bigger back very well and give us options in how we use him, and options well.....options are good.  :)
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

upperdeck_hawg

Speaking of transferring it to the next level, Felix Jones averaged just under 8 yards a carry in his three years here. Now that is an amazing stat.
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

hawgXi

Quote from: duckman on November 30, 2015, 02:55:53 am
This kid will be playing RB, make no mistake about it.  He will catch his share of passes, but it will be out of the backfield or slot.  He not only has great speed but he has great lateral movement.  Watch the video and count the tacklers that he makes miss.  Very Very Impressive...  How he is not a consensus 4-Star is beyond me.

thx for the link!

even more impressive than the numbers alone!

and we're targeting "better" "higher rated" RB than this?

Wow.

JaketheSnake

lefty08

Let's just hope he can pick up a blitzing linebacker
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

dhizzle

He could be that running back that gets the fake and then runs down the middle of the field for a wide open touchdown pass. They will probably put him all over the place including returning punts and kickoffs.

hogrocker

jb11

Could be a replacement/compliment for J. Cornelius with additional time in the backfield.

Country Stylz

Pork Twain

I am Korliss Marshall excited about this guy.  I think he will be what many thought KM would be.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

hview

I had read on previous threads that Hammond's speed was a concern. These video's reflect a guy with excellent speed and running skills. HUDL has his 40 time has 4.42. Is he really that fast?

Wildhog

Quote from: hview on November 30, 2015, 12:38:42 pm
I had read on previous threads that Hammond's speed was a concern. These video's reflect a guy with excellent speed and running skills. HUDL has his 40 time has 4.42. Is he really that fast?

4.66 laser timed 40 at the Nike combine in Dallas over the summer.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

The_Iceman

rljjr

Looks great. I'm sure the coaches will get him to run with the ball tucked better -- and I'm not knocking him, just saying I see a huge difference between the way AC carries the ball and TJ -- and that's all about coaching.

IronHog

Quote from: duckman on November 30, 2015, 02:55:53 am

His style is similar to Basil Shabazz.

Makes it look easy.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

ricepig

Quote from: rljjr on November 30, 2015, 12:50:02 pm
Looks great. I'm sure the coaches will get him to run with the ball tucked better -- and I'm not knocking him, just saying I see a huge difference between the way AC carries the ball and TJ -- and that's all about coaching.

Correct, despite what that idiot Aaron Taylor said in both of our broadcasts he did, we only lost 3 fumbles this season. Great work by Coach Singleton.

whosiskid

There are two kids in Little Rock who blew me away the first time I saw their footage. Hammonds is one, and Pierre Strong at McClellan is the other. They are similar in a lot of ways and Strong's stats might be more impressive than Hammonds. He had over 300 yards on 11 carries and has had 4 or 5 games with gaudy stats like that. Like Hammonds he has a very long stride, so that he doesn't look that he is running as fast as he is, until you notice that no one on the field is catching him. Strong may have better hands than Hammonds and he runs very upright. I think the Razorbacks will offer Strong, but I suspect they will offer him as a WR. Strong is also an exceptional blocker. Strong doesn't hae a lot on HUDL, though his sophomore year highlights are impressive. Last spring I was posting here about Hammonds and was delighted when the Hogs offered him. Strong will be this spring's Hammonds. I really want to see us offer all of the Arkansas kids we can and specially Little Rock kids. Too many of the top kids who have gotten away have been from the greater Little Rock area. I really don't think Damarea Crockett was in Hammonds' or Strong's class as a prospect, so I don't regret not getting him. Butt Hammonds and Strong are those difference makers along the line of Joe Adams, players who can turn any play into a TD. As much as I love Alex Collins for his toughness and grittiness, he doesn't have the downfield speed to do that. He did get that one 80 run this year, but as a rule when he gets past the linebackers, he doesn't have that downfield burst that McFadden, Felix, Knile Davis, Michael Smith, or Joe Adams had, just to mention players from the last decade. Jonathan Williams does have that speed, and I think we really missed that this season. As far as I can tell right now, Strong might be the only prospect in the state next year who has that ability to take any play to the house. Sites list his GPA at 3.0, so he should easily qualify academically. Here is Strong's HUDL film of his sophomore year highlights. I think he had one game where he was kept in check, but in most of his games he was pretty amazing. Let me just pick out four of Richard's Tidbits stat summaries from his Monday Tidbits from this past season:

Sept. 10 - 16 rushes, 320 yards, 4 TDs
Oct. 6 - 11 rushes, 178 yards, 3 TDs
Oct. 12 - 8 rushes, 273 yards, 2 TDs
Oct. 26 - 14 rushes, 311 yards, 5 TDs
Nov. 23 - 18 rushes, 218 yards and 3 TDs; 2 pass receptions for 43 yards and 1 TD

NOTE: The dates are those for RD's Tidbits. The games are usually three days earlier.

He had one game where he had two TDs runs for over 90 yards. I'm thinking it must be the Oct. 12 game. Otherwise, how can you run for 273 yards on 8 rushes and only score 2 TDs? Correction. Just checked and that was the Sept. 10 game. So I'm not sure how he managed only 2 TDs while averaging 34 yards per carry. In other words, he puts up the same kind of stats as Hammonds, only on a much larger scale. In just those five games he had 1,300 yards rushing on only 67 carries for an unbelievable 19.4 yards per carry and 17 TDs. I am not sure how many more games he played, but I'd guess at least six. If he averaged only 116 yards a game (and he didn't - he had several other games with superb stats) he ended the season with over 2,000 yards rushing.

The Razorbacks are aware of Strong. They have visited McClellan and he camped at Arkansas last year. My gut tells me that he will get an offer this summer when he camps again. The only other school showing interest right now is Memphis, which I find bizarre. His coach has nice things to say about him. I can't believe he won't get other offers, but I believe he'll be a Razorback. His measurables are 6'1, 185, and allegedly 4.48 - 4.51 in the forty. Some here have disputed that based on his track times in the 200 and 400, which are solid but not outstanding, though I've mentioned that Barry Sanders had a spectacular 40 time but was not strong in even the 100 meters. Fast in track does not always translate into fast in football, and vice versa.

Here are a couple of highlights. Here is his 320 yard game against Sheridan:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3327246/highlights/286035437/v2

Here is the 273 yards on 8 carries game against Wilbur MIlls HS. He has an impressive TD run on a play that starts at the 0:25 mark; on an end around he looks like he is penned in behind the line of scrimmage, but sees an alley and zips through it before the defense can react, then out runs the DB from the other team:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3327246/highlights/301131742/v2

His sophomore year highlight reel:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3327246/highlights/200652379/v2

On a down note, it looks like he was a nonfactor in McClellan's recent 14-9 win over Batesville in the playoffs. If you watch the highlight reel it looks like neither team did nothing but fumble. All the coaches are wearing rain slickers and look drenched, so I assume the turf was slick as ice. A lot of speed backs get neutralized by heavy rain.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

whosiskid

Richard just posted Hammonds's season stats. His totals are a bit fuller than what I was able to cull from MaxPreps. I don't know how to link to a tweet. Maybe someone proficient in Twitter can provide the link:

QuoteHammonds' season stats-100-1,404 rushing, 22TDs, 27- 662 receiving, 6TDs, punt return for score, 2066 yards of TO, 29 TDs.

ricepig

Quote from: whosiskid on November 30, 2015, 01:51:37 pm
Richard just posted Hammonds's season stats. His totals are a bit fuller than what I was able to cull from MaxPreps. I don't know how to link to a tweet. Maybe someone proficient in Twitter can provide the link:

Should be able to look up in the right corner and click on the three dots, opens up with options.

https://twitter.com/ArRecruitingGuy/status/671395721891872768

whosiskid

#1 STUNNA

There are quite a few players with stats just as impressive as hammonds. From what I have heard is he wasn't very good this season against the good teams.

LAHOG1962

Looked at his film. His most impressive asset is his vision. TJ's speed is above average. The people he is playing against are very slow. Looks like he has very good balance also. Seems like I remember his 100 meter fat time to be 11.1.

upperdeck_hawg

Kyle Porter's highlights were more impressive. So was his competition.
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

jgphillips3

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on November 30, 2015, 06:28:20 pm

Porter is the one I really hope we get.  I mean, sure White and Whaley are rated higher but I just love what I saw from Porter.  Another thing is that his running style looks like a perfect fit for our offense and blocking scheme.  A lot of quick cut and go North and South with really nice acceleration through the hole.  He's going to be great for whoever gets him.

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 30, 2015, 06:45:12 pm
Porter is the one I really hope we get.  I mean, sure White and Whaley are rated higher but I just love what I saw from Porter.  Another thing is that his running style looks like a perfect fit for our offense and blocking scheme.  A lot of quick cut and go North and South with really nice acceleration through the hole.  He's going to be great for whoever gets him.

I could not agree more...  :razorback:

RussVegas Hawg

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on November 30, 2015, 04:10:05 pm
There are quite a few players with stats just as impressive as hammonds. From what I have heard is he wasn't very good this season against the good teams.

This is 100% spot on

IronHog

. So was his competition.

Kids that can run it Arkansas HS football have proved multiple times they can tote it in college.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 30, 2015, 06:45:12 pm
I'm with you on how good Porter looks but I'm hearing Texas on him. Maybe not, we shall see.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

duckman

Very similar players with similar skills sets, one big difference, one is committed to Arkansas...  Hammonds is a little bigger as well.

RebelW

He's about the same size Collins is. I saw where he is at 202.. AC is a junior running back that pounds it between the tackles at 215lbs. TJH will be more than fine size wise

whosiskid

The point of this thread is someone actually committed to Arkansas to quell some of the panic over not having had anyone commit other than Hammonds. I like Devin White's stats a LOT more than Porter. But that isn't relevant either. We ain't got either of 'em. We do have Hammonds.

And that is part of my reason, also, about posting Pierre Strong's stats. He wants to be a Hog. So we aren't destitute of options; good options.

One thing to keep in mind about 40 times: some kids get great starts on their times and others don't. Ursain Bolt has a bad 40 time because he has a weak start. If you eliminate the first twenty yards he is balled lightning. Hammonds looks really, really fast on the field but has a very long stride. Long-stride runners usually don't do as well in the forty times. Players with shorter strides do a bit better.

Kinda beside the point, I was watching some footage today of Gale Sayers, who before his knee surgery was in the opinion of man - and I'm in that camp - the greatest running back of all time. There are three obvious reasons he was so ungodly good. First, he had possibly the best vision of any back ever (when they tested his peripheral vision, his was among the most extreme ever tested). Second, he could cut at full speed better than any runner ever. Some of his cuts were at less than 90 degree angles. But third, after he would make that 90 degree angle cut, he would be back at full speed in one step. There is one highlight where he comes up to the would-be tackler, cuts to the tackler's right, takes two steps to get past him, and then cuts two steps to the tackler's left, so that he now was behind him, but he was so fast that the tackler couldn't adjust and reach out and tackle him. I mean, he literally ran around the guy. Gayers could shift speeds, but he could also run full speed while he ran between the various tacklers. When I first became of Sayers as a kid, he had already been in the league for a couple of years, so I just got to see him for a while before the first knee injury. It was a horrible knee injury and he was never the same afterwards. He still managed to get a thousand yards rushing, but he wasn't the same. He lost that ability to make almost impossible moves to elude tacklers. Instead, he looked like any other decent back. The closest I've seen to Gale Sayers since then was Barry Sanders when he was young, but Sanders was a stop and go runner. He did more fakes than Sayers and while extremely quick, he didn't have Sayers speed. The biggest difference between them is that Sanders stays healthy.

Pork Twain

Even when you start a thread to discuss what we HAVE, people still want to focus on what they perceive is better and that we don't have.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

secneahog

5'11 over 200
I see why our staff isn't freaking out at rb.
Walker.
Rw3.
Evans.
Day.
Tj.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Scott7703

Hammonds should without at doubt be a 4 star player across the board. I expect Hammonds to be used all over the field early on. Kid is a playmaker.

whosiskid

Quote from: Scott7703 on December 01, 2015, 08:53:54 am
Hammonds should without at doubt be a 4 star player across the board. I expect Hammonds to be used all over the field early on. Kid is a playmaker.

The national 247 people take a lot of cues from local reporters. In this case it would be Otis Kirk. Hammonds had been at around 84 or so, which is ridiculous. Otis told them he should be a 90 or higher, which would make him a 4 star, but they didn't want to go that far. So they agreed to make him an extremely high 3 star, right on the cusp of being a four star. I think when they do their next adjustment they may make him a four star.

Mark_Freeman

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on November 30, 2015, 04:10:05 pm

Quote from: RussVegas Hawg on November 30, 2015, 09:13:08 pm
This is 100% spot on

I watched him play against Dardanelle and he was NOT EVEN CLOSE to as good as Chris Kershner that night. I hope it was just a bad night for him.

razorbackfanatic

I hope Kershner is asked to walkon. He's only 5'9" 175 and that's being nice, but he has very good speed and instincts. I think he could be an asset on special teams and maybe at CB after a couple seasons. He has legit 4.4 speed. He's supposedly ran a 4.38 before. He had a bad knee most of this season and was still usually the fastest guy on the field.

razorbacker3

Quote from: whosiskid on December 01, 2015, 05:47:02 am
The point of this thread is someone actually committed to Arkansas to quell some of the panic over not having had anyone commit other than Hammonds. I like Devin White's stats a LOT more than Porter. But that isn't relevant either. We ain't got either of 'em. We do have Hammonds.

And that is part of my reason, also, about posting Pierre Strong's stats. He wants to be a Hog. So we aren't destitute of options; good options.

One thing to keep in mind about 40 times: some kids get great starts on their times and others don't. Ursain Bolt has a bad 40 time because he has a weak start. If you eliminate the first twenty yards he is balled lightning. Hammonds looks really, really fast on the field but has a very long stride. Long-stride runners usually don't do as well in the forty times. Players with shorter strides do a bit better.

Matt Jones' 40 time moved him from the 2nd or 3rd round to a 1st rd selection. Who has a longer stride than Matt?

bigred223

Quote from: razorbacker3 on December 02, 2015, 03:12:47 pm

Matt Jones' 40 time moved him from the 2nd or 3rd round to a 1st rd selection. Who has a longer stride than Matt?

Matt Jones is a freak of nature.

RussVegas Hawg

Quote from: Mark_Freeman on December 02, 2015, 12:12:41 pm

I watched him play against Dardanelle and he was NOT EVEN CLOSE to as good as Chris Kershner that night. I hope it was just a bad night for him.

Or the year before against Dardanelle when Kershner had over 150 yards receiving and 2 tds a punt return TD, and a pick.