Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hit Devin White's twitter folks!

Started by Pathological, November 29, 2015, 04:40:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pathological

He's trying to reach 10K followers and Ole Miss is trying to rally fans to follow him.  Show him how bad you want him to be a Hog.

@DevinWhite_40

Pathological

He's going to Oxford for an official visit January 29.

HoggusMaximus

Why are you letting this kid milk you for twitter follows so he can be at 10k. not one of those follows mean crap. I promise you he doesn't care in the slightest if 99.9% of his followers were hog fans. As long as that number was 10k.

Pathological

Just saying.  Ole Miss is making a hard push.  And who's to say what a 17-18 year-old kid will notice?  If you're not on twitter, you'd be shocked by how much these kids read and retweet from complete strangers.

HoggusMaximus

Nothing wrong with showing support and even sending him love on social media, but feeding these kids ego with twitter follows is crap. I'll leave it up to CBB to out-recruit Freeze.

TomasPistola

What's Freeze's recruiting budget this year?
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

baitshop

Just can't bring myself to cyber-kiss an 18 year olds butt so that he will play football at the UofA....

If that is the difference, then he's not who I would want to come here...

Maybe I am just too damn old..??
"Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them" - Ronald Reagan

ricepig

Quote from: baitshop on November 29, 2015, 05:05:23 pm
Just can't bring myself to cyber-kiss an 18 year olds butt so that he will play football at the UofA....

You're definitely old........but I agree!!

deedster84

Quote from: baitshop on November 29, 2015, 05:05:23 pm

I'll 2nd that. +1

3kgthog

When have you ever seen a kid say he picked a school because its fans were desperate Twitter users? Don't fall for this crap.

Pathological

All I'm doing is providing the info.  I think it's a stupid game too.  But there isn't much else that the average fan can do to show our interest in him.  So I'm ok feeding his ego a little if in any way, shape or form it gets him in a Hog uniform or makes him feel that Hog fans are the best fans whether that is a fair statement or not.  It's all a game.  It's a stupid game. 

Pathological

Would he notice if 1,000 Hog fans decked out in hog gear showed up at his football game calling the Hogs?  Would it make an impression?
I'm old too, and I hate social media, but it's a young man's world.  The time's they be a-changin.  They notice.  It might not be the deciding factor in which school they choose, but kids today perk up when they see twitter followers.
Again, don't shoot the messenger.  I think it's all crap.  Just passing on the info.

deedster84

I don't mind the younger folks tweeting to the recruits. It's when us old folks start stalking that it gets that creepy vibe.

razorbacker3

Quote from: TomasPistola on November 29, 2015, 05:04:22 pm
What's Freeze's recruiting budget this year?
unlimited, or whatever it takes.

ricepig

Quote from: razorbacker3 on November 29, 2015, 06:20:35 pm
unlimited, or whatever it takes.

Depends, if he's talking for unofficial visits, official visits, committing, or signing...

redeye

I don't believe in feeding their egos, either, but we have had recruits say it helped with them, so let's not pretend it doesn't.

Maddhog

Quote from: Pathological on November 29, 2015, 04:59:54 pm
Just saying.  Ole Miss is making a hard push.  And who's to say what a 17-18 year-old kid will notice?  If you're not on twitter, you'd be shocked by how much these kids read and retweet from complete strangers.

I have followed him and others on twitter for a while and there is nothing wrong with it.  Takes a couple minutes of my time, they know by my twitter handle where I am from, and I never do or say anything to antagonize them.
I have followed and subsequently UNfollowed several over the past few years. 
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

hollywood hog

Quote from: Pathological on November 29, 2015, 04:53:48 pm
He's going to Oxford for an official visit January 29.

this right here makes me think we have 0% with White   

deedster84

Quote from: hollywood hog on November 29, 2015, 07:17:24 pm
Principal PC has spoken. Timmy has your number big guy.

hollywood hog

Quote from: deedster84 on November 29, 2015, 07:21:09 pm
Principal PC has spoken. Timmy has your number big guy.

PC Principal will just have to break Timmy's legs.  I mean really though.  Bama is all over this kid and Saban is going to try and tell him he's the next Derrick Henry.  Lester is gonna stay put and LSU is just going to be tough to beat.  And how much money do you think Ole Miss will offer?  Im going with a no less than 100k.  Won't surprise me one bit if he lands at Ole Miss.  All in all it just seems like too much to overcome.  I would love to be dead wrong.

deedster84

One of y'all younger UofA students need to tweet him and tell him to take football out of the equation. Tell him to decide which school will produce the best man out of him. Football don't last forever. I would but I'd be that 49 yr old stalker type. lol

intelligence

nah. stop lettin people use you for followers

Hoggish1

Quote from: Pathological on November 29, 2015, 05:13:07 pm
All I'm doing is providing the info. 

So you are the one that spreads dung...

hawginbigd1

Quote from: 3kgthog on November 29, 2015, 05:13:05 pm
When have you ever seen a kid say he picked a school because its fans were desperate Twitter users? Don't fall for this crap.
Yeah don't fall for this crap! Especially when the head coach says the fans help him land recruits through social media! Don't believe him he is making crap up!

Prestworthy

Pretty sure ole miss is only recruiting running backs this year.

Torqued pork

Quote from: deedster84 on November 29, 2015, 05:22:25 pm
I don't mind the younger folks tweeting to the recruits. It's when us old folks start stalking that it gets that creepy vibe.
No kidding. I'm old enough to remember when you seldom got recruiting news until NSD and many fans paid little or no attention then.  It's 365 days a year now and has become overkill for some.

Bowfishinghogfan

Quote from: deedster84 on November 29, 2015, 05:22:25 pm

SemperHawg

One top end RB already committed with another visiting late.  Its going to take a lot of shady recruiting dollars to ride two horses with one a$$ in this case.  I don't think Freeze can pull it off. With him visiting late, Penamon may open back up.

AirWarren

Quote from: Pathological on November 29, 2015, 04:40:42 pm
He's trying to reach 10K followers and Ole Miss is trying to rally fans to follow him.  Show him how bad you want him to be a Hog.

@DevinWhite_40

Man you're awesome! Harass a kid! The great thing to do!

Whiskeyhog

I thought twitter was that guy from varsity blues.  Tells you how much I am with the social media. 

Maddhog

Quote from: AP85 on November 30, 2015, 02:50:16 pm

Good grief. How is it harassment to follow a kid on Twitter?   Especially one who is asking for followers?   

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: AP85 on November 30, 2015, 02:50:16 pm
W T H are you talking about? You are clueless, Bud.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

BigSexyHog

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Pathological

Quote from: BigSexyHog on November 30, 2015, 04:29:16 pm
Well this went over well

Yeah, regret that I even mentioned it.  thought it was a good idea especially since the Ole Piss fans   are following him in droves now.  yeah, I get it, "I'm not going to stoop to that level."  ok, ok, ok.  I sincerely apologize for bringing it up. 

Maddhog

Quote from: Pathological on November 30, 2015, 04:47:14 pm
Yeah, regret that I even mentioned it.  thought it was a good idea especially since the Ole Piss fans   are following him in droves now.  yeah, I get it, "I'm not going to stoop to that level."  ok, ok, ok.  I sincerely apologize for bringing it up. 

You're fine.  People tend to belittle things that they don't fully understand.   Kids love twitter attention right now and I am way more than happy to let them know that Arkansas is a great place for them.   They choose another school, I wish them well and UNfollow.   

HoggusMaximus

Quote from: Pathological on November 30, 2015, 04:47:14 pm

Don't worry about it, your intentions are in the right place. Social media is a soul sucking vampire.

LSPRazorbac

Quote from: deedster84 on November 29, 2015, 07:40:44 pm
One of y'all younger UofA students need to tweet him and tell him to take football out of the equation. Tell him to decide which school will produce the best man out of him. Football don't last forever. I would but I'd be that 49 yr old stalker type. lol

And here is why the older generation shouldn't be tweeting.

No 17 year old wants some old dude tweeting words of wisdom to him.  lol.

White is interested in fame/fortune, females, and attention.  Not boring words of wisdom.

Huckleberry Pig

Probably Freezes idea.  Told him he'd pay him $10 for each Twitter follower.  Normally schools try to sell to a player, Ole miss tries to buy them.

To be fair it got them outa the bottom of the sec west

AirWarren

Quote from: theenemy on November 30, 2015, 07:04:30 pm
And here is why the older generation shouldn't be tweeting.

No 17 year old wants some old dude tweeting words of wisdom to him.  lol.

White is interested in fame/fortune, females, and attention.  Not boring words of wisdom.

Aka a mid 30-40 year old d-bag trying to be tight with young folks.

Yeah. That's much better.

AirWarren

Quote from: Maddhog on November 30, 2015, 03:44:53 pm
Good grief. How is it harassment to follow a kid on Twitter?   Especially one who is asking for followers?   

"Follow a kid on Twitter."

That's all I need to know right there.

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

I just hope he doesn't read Hogville.
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

Maddhog

Quote from: AP85 on November 30, 2015, 08:22:02 pm
"Follow a kid on Twitter."

That's all I need to know right there.

Actually, no, you don't know.   

Pathological

Come on.  It's getting old now.  Twitter or no twitter.  No need to start with the pot shots at each other.  How about a Mod just delete this whole thread?

duckman

deedster84

I didn't mean to be taking shots at anyone. Have no troubles with people following 'cruits and informing us of any info. But some of the tweets I see sent to them. Just think there's a time when you should think twice about doing it. I hope he come and becomes a star but not gonna follow just to feed a kid's ego.

intelligence

Quote from: deedster84 on November 30, 2015, 10:46:17 pm
I didn't mean to be taking shots at anyone. Have no troubles with people following 'cruits and informing us of any info. But some of the tweets I see sent to them. Just think there's a time when you should think twice about doing it. I hope he come and becomes a star but not gonna follow just to feed a kid's ego.

same here. some of our fans say creepy ass darn.

deedster84

BTW, HV. Sorry if I'm coming across as a [CENSORED] and posting more than usual. Breaking in some new PTSD meds and they make me a sociable d1ck sometimes. If I do offend anybody, I'm sorry.

whosiskid

Look, White knows that Boring Old Farts know nothing about Twitter. I don't do Twitter, but people who do lay a lot of stock in the number of followers they have. It is important to them. We can debate whether that is a good thing, but it is just a fact.

Now, the BOF's on this board - and I suppose I count myself among them - ought to know that Hog fans are actually among the most passionate and active Twitter fans out there. The kids love this and more than one prospect has become interested in Arkansas because of their involvement on Twitter.

Example: White will Tweet something related to Ole Miss. He will get 18 Likes and 34 Retweets. He will post something about Alabama. He will get 14 Likes and 21 Retweets. he posts something about Arkansas. He will get 135 Likes and 244 Retweets. He knows this and it is why he has on several occasions said that Arkansas fans are the most passionate.

He also knows that wherever he commits, he is going to have a large number of fans unfollow him. Since Razorback fans constitute a majority of his followers - or at least, he has more Razorback followers than he has followers from any other of the schools he is looking at. So the second he were to commit to, say, Ole Miss, he knows that he is going to lose most of his followers. If he commits to Arkansas, he will keep more followers than he could keep in any other way. Now, this might not be a good reason to commit to a school and I doubt that it would be decisive. But it is a factor. White has been upfront in saying that he loves Arkansas's fans.

So let the Hog fans who are active on Twitter continue to do what they do. It isn't doing any harm and it actually could be a small factor in making him perhaps come to Arkansas.

That said, I'm very worried. He has tied up the final two weekend before NSD with visits to Alabama and Ole Miss. The schools with the later visits always have an advantage. Nevermind that Ole Miss would be a godawful place for him to go. Nevermind that the team is never as good as the players they recruit and that their offense do not showcase running backs. He could conceivably go there in part because it gets the last visit and because he is extremely close friends with Shea Patterson, the 5 star QB they have recruited and who will be the next great prospect to crash and burn at Old Miss. I think he believes he would play there as a freshman because he is better than any of the backs already there or that they are recruiting, and he and Patterson can somehow convince themselves that Freeze isn't as incompetent as he has shown himself to be. They see themselves as bringing a national championship to Oxford. Ain't gonna happen, but they will convince themselves it might. Hopefully we can do such a great job on an official visit  that we can convince him otherwise.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

Adam Stokes

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  Twitter is simply an online Catfish Hole without the hushpuppies.  So it makes me scratch my head when many of the same oldtimers that are decrying twitter are willing to travel an hour, stand up in their seats and yell WPS for a 16 year old, but not take 5 minutes to give him a shout out on twitter.  Sure you still get hushpuppies in person, but you could do that anytime.

Maybe I'm just a youngtimer.

AirWarren

Quote from: Adam Stokes on December 01, 2015, 08:50:51 am
I've said it before and I'll say it again.  Twitter is simply an online Catfish Hole without the hushpuppies.  So it makes me scratch my head when many of the same oldtimers that are decrying twitter are willing to travel an hour, stand up in their seats and yell WPS for a 16 year old, but not take 5 minutes to give him a shout out on twitter.  Sure you still get hushpuppies in person, but you could do that anytime.

Maybe I'm just a youngtimer.

I do neither.

If a kid wants to be a hog he will do it. Twitter creeper/catfish hole creeper or no creeper. I just find it ridiculous to waste that much time of your life on a teenage kid by keeping up with their life.