Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looking great on Garrett Bolles

Started by Pig in the Pokey, November 29, 2015, 01:36:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pig in the Pokey

I'm done with that other crappy thread :)
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

PEtrader

Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

scruf

Pig in the Pokey

@Slackaveli

PEtrader

I think we ar win good on this one.  It's big that he brought his lady:
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

scruf

ThisTeetsTaken

Show them the video of Tretola tossing the TD pass! 
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

Hey Super

I am feeling a lot better now  :razorback:
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

Scott7703

Would be a nice boost to land both bolles and Wallace now. Then go all in for one high school lineman and call it a wrap at that position.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Scott7703 on November 29, 2015, 03:43:41 pm
Would be a nice boost to land both bolles and Wallace now. Then go all in for one high school lineman and call it a wrap at that position.
IMO, Bolles is the bigger need.  Wallace is just icing on the cake.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 29, 2015, 04:04:15 pm
I agree. It's looking like both will be Hogs. Garrett REALLY enjoyed his trip and it's down to us and Michigan State for him. Both have their hooks in him now but I think BB just pulled a move on D'Antonio with the fiance deal. He has to be a Hog lean now. As for Wallace, I believe he is a lock and has been told he may start at Guard next year in Sebastian's spot.
@Slackaveli

JaketheSnake

I wish Wallace were a midterm grad.  That would help a ton.  I'm not sold on Bolles to UA right now.  Hope he comes. Weather won't matter a bit with him being from Utah.  His fiancé is def the main one we needed to impress.
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 29, 2015, 04:08:55 pm
I agree. It's looking like both will be Hogs. Garrett REALLY enjoyed his trip and it's down to us and Michigan State for him. Both have their hooks in him now but I think BB just pulled a move on D'Antonio with the fiance deal. He has to be a Hog lean now. As for Wallace, I believe he is a lock and has been told he may start at Guard next year in Sebastian's spot.

whosiskid

As the one who started the other thread, I was merely responding to what Bolles was saying after his visit to East Lansing. I mean, when someone says they feel like they are already part of the team, how are you supposed to respond.

But I'm delighted with the turnaround. I don't think this is anywhere close to a done deal. What benefited us this weekend might hurt us in the future: Bolles's intention to take all of his official visits before committing. That is why he didn't commit to Michigan State before and what could keep him from committing to us if he likes his other visits more.

However, I like our chances over Georgia now. Though sometimes a team gets a boost from a coaching change. Still, I think Georgia made a mistake letting go of Richt and could lose some prospects as a result. I'm thinking we have at least a 50% shot at Bolles.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

PigWig

Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 29, 2015, 04:04:15 pm
Unless Kirkland comes back and Ragnow moves to center.  Then we're replacing two OGs.  I want them both though.  It would give us a lot of help.  I'm thinking Denver may go pro, and then we'd need a bookend to go with Skipper next year.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: PigWig on November 29, 2015, 05:16:04 pm
Unless Kirkland comes back and Ragnow moves to center.  Then we're replacing two OGs.  I want them both though.  It would give us a lot of help.  I'm thinking Denver may go pro, and then we'd need a bookend to go with Skipper next year.
Yes, but consensus is that Kirkland is gone.

Arthur pigby sellers.

If Bolles comes and is as good as they have been saying i.e. (Solid SEC starting left tackle good), his first year, it could make a huge difference for this team.  If our O line can stay similar to last year, our offense may not have too much of a drop off.  I expect the defense to be much better next year. 

SA Hog Fan

I've been to Lansing. I've been to Fayetteville. Holy crap it's not even close.  Lansing is a dump.

presidenthog

Quote from: Scott7703 on November 29, 2015, 03:43:41 pm
I think that is the plan. bret made a reference about getting these 2 and then he said something about a 4th picked out.

Smokehouse

The title got me excited that some new info came out on Bolles, haha.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Pig in the Pokey

@Slackaveli

hogfan14

Bolles basically copied and pasted the same thing after his visits to Michigan state and Oregon on Twitter but his one about us was a lot longer. Can't be a bad thing.

whosiskid

Quote from: Smokehouse on November 29, 2015, 09:36:24 pm
The title got me excited that some new info came out on Bolles, haha.

Well, sorta. He did tweet in tones that were nearly as positive as his tweet after his Michigan State was. It isn't like he said he was going to commit to us, but it doesn't sound like you can now say he is a strong MSU lean.

If I had to say where he is at, I'd say he is now undecided. He was a Michigan State lean; now he is trying to sort through things. Even that is a major achievement. What has a lot of people excited is that his fiance really loved the visit. She did not go to Michigan State and that gives us a huge advantage. I'm pretty sure that the other schools he visits will invite her. But I'm hoping that Georgia's mess will take them out of the running.

On Kirkland, 247 did a story today that we may not lose any juniors to the NFL except for Collins. It was mainly about Kirkland staying, but it said that Hunter Henry was leaning (perhaps strongly leaning) towards staying. It didn't mention Skipper, but I figure if Kirkland stays, Skipper would as well.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

JaketheSnake

Kurkland staying would be huge.  Still need Bolles.  Bolles and Kirkland on Left side, Skipper and Wallace on right.  Put ragnow at Center. Nice plan in theory.

yraciv

If I buy Garrett Bolles a gift on his wedding registry site would that be a no no? Not doing, just saying, the opportunity for a school to flood him with presents that say Go Hogs or Go Dogs does exist.

Smokehouse

Quote from: yraciv on November 29, 2015, 10:09:03 pm
If I buy Garrett Bolles a gift on his wedding registry site would that be a no no? Not doing, just saying, the opportunity for a school to flood him with presents that say Go Hogs or Go Dogs does exist.

I would assume that would be a recruiting violation. Sending a card, though, wouldn't.

As far as opportunities go, lots of people now register for things you get them that are totally online. My wife and I did our honeymoon at Disney World and they have a whole registry where people could purchase us specific meals, tickets to events, and whatnot. Plenty of other honeymoon locations do that. Since you just get an email with a digital code to redeem, I reckon there's very little chance anyone but the newly minted Bolles would know a Hog fan threw a gift his way. Not that it seems like an advisable thing to do.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

duckman

We have some talent that redshirted this year as well, Merrick....

JaketheSnake

Wallace is a redshirt sophomore.  That is how CBB's system ideally works.  Allow those type guys to grow in weight room and the system and when it's their turn they can step in with little drop off from the previous starter.  Sounds like Wallace isn't too far behind, but still needs some development.

ARtillahog

Quote from: yraciv on November 29, 2015, 10:09:03 pm

I thought it was only a violation if you were a grad from the school or a booster.  Since I am neither, I can buy all the crap I want for him...

lefty08

Quote from: ARtillahog on November 30, 2015, 09:13:17 am
I thought it was only a violation if you were a grad from the school or a booster.  Since I am neither, I can buy all the crap I want for him...

If you spend money on the program, you are a booster. Don't buy tickets?
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

ARtillahog

Quote from: lefty08 on November 30, 2015, 09:16:36 am
If you spend money on the program, you are a booster. Don't buy tickets?

Heck no, I don't complain about the program either.

yraciv

Quote from: ARtillahog on November 30, 2015, 09:17:21 am
Heck no, I don't complain about the program either.

Trilla is what we call a friend of the program.  I, as a graduate, can't purchase these items directly, but Trilla can.  Then if I were to slide Trilla a ticket to the game or a stack of cash, all would be good right?  That my friends is how these pay for play things come about!  Of course, ideally you add an extra layer of middle men and don't leave a paper trail. Probably why a straight purchase from the website isn't a good idea.

WooPig90

Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 30, 2015, 08:03:28 am
Wallace is a redshirt sophomore.  That is how CBB's system ideally works.  Allow those type guys to grow in weight room and the system and when it's their turn they can step in with little drop off from the previous starter.  Sounds like Wallace isn't too far behind, but still needs some development.

He is actually a redshirt freshman

JaketheSnake

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 29, 2015, 09:53:13 pm
Kurkland staying would be huge.  Still need Bolles.  Bolles and Kirkland on Left side, Skipper and Wallace on right.  Put ragnow at Center. Nice plan in theory.
just nasty
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ARtillahog on November 30, 2015, 09:13:17 am
yep. i never finished my degree so I can too.
@Slackaveli

ARtillahog

Quote from: yraciv on November 30, 2015, 09:47:58 am
Trilla is what we call a friend of the program.  I, as a graduate, can't purchase these items directly, but Trilla can.  Then if I were to slide Trilla a ticket to the game or a stack of cash, all would be good right?  That my friends is how these pay for play things come about!  Of course, ideally you add an extra layer of middle men and don't leave a paper trail. Probably why a straight purchase from the website isn't a good idea.

So... I should change my name to ArTRILLAhog?

LRHawg