Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Linebackers for next year

Started by Sow Lancelot, November 28, 2015, 08:38:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Sow Lancelot

So far, here appears to be our linebacker corps for next season.

Returning
Brooks Ellis (Sr)
Matt Emrich (Sr)
Dwayne Eugene (Jr)
Derrick Graham (RFr)
Dre Greenlaw (So)
Khalia Hackett (Jr)
Josh Harris (So)
Kendrick Jackson (So)
Tyler   Phillips (So)
Matt Reynolds (Jr)
Karl Roesler (Jr)
Nicholas Thomas-Smith (Sr)
Josh Williams (Jr)
   Newcomers
Jordan Carmouche (Fr)
Alex Jean-Baptiste (Fr)
De'Jon Harris (Fr)

Lots of young-ins in this list. I'm assuming J. Williams is taking a medical redshirt this year? I don't know much about Eugene but it seems the most likely candidates (Ellis and Greenlaw being givens) from those already on campus would be Graham, Jackson, Hackett, and J Williams.  Who else seems likely to contribute significantly next year?

Any chance Agim is given a shot at LB?
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

Hogberry Snortcake

Quote from: Sow Lancelot on November 28, 2015, 08:38:43 am
So far, here appears to be our linebacker corps for next season.

Returning
Brooks Ellis (Sr)
Matt Emrich (Sr)
Dwayne Eugene (Jr)
Derrick Graham (RFr)
Dre Greenlaw (So)
Khalia Hackett (Jr)
Josh Harris (So)
Kendrick Jackson (So)
Tyler   Phillips (So)
Matt Reynolds (Jr)
Karl Roesler (Jr)
Nicholas Thomas-Smith (Sr)
Josh Williams (Jr)
   Newcomers
Jordan Carmouche (Fr)
Alex Jean-Baptiste (Fr)
De'Jon Harris (Fr)

Lots of young-ins in this list. I'm assuming J. Williams is taking a medical redshirt this year? I don't know much about Eugene but it seems the most likely candidates (Ellis and Greenlaw being givens) from those already on campus would be Graham, Jackson, Hackett, and J Williams.  Who else seems likely to contribute significantly next year?

Any chance Agim is given a shot at LB?

Anybody see the hit by Josh Harris on special teams yesterday?  Boom. 

Bubba's Bruisers

Maybe we flip Donta Evans, then we have 4 talented incoming LB's.  Building a future.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

HOGINTENNESSEE

November 28, 2015, 09:30:06 am #3 Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 10:36:53 pm by HOGINTENNESSEE
Unfortunately, Josh Williams will not receive a Medical Redshirt as UT was game 5 of the season

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 28, 2015, 09:18:43 am
Maybe we flip Donta Evans, then we have 4 talented incoming LB's.  Building a future.

That would make for a nice set...

ARtillahog

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on November 28, 2015, 09:30:06 am
Unfortunately, Josh Williams will not receive at Medical Redshirt as UT was game 5 of the season

Incorrect. Per this website http://www.athleticscholarships.net/2012/07/17/how-get-medical-redshirt.htm  The injury must occur prior to the start of the second half of the season. If I am reading it correctly.

HOGINTENNESSEE

November 28, 2015, 11:07:50 am #6 Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 11:25:53 am by HOGINTENNESSEE
Quote from: ARtillahog on November 28, 2015, 11:03:36 am
Incorrect. Per this website http://www.athleticscholarships.net/2012/07/17/how-get-medical-redshirt.htm  The injury must occur prior to the start of the second half of the season. If I am reading it correctly.

Next line after that.

The student-athlete must not have competed in more than 30% of the season or three contests, whichever is greater.

I posted a link below where CBB talked about him not being eligible for a Redshirt.

I wish I was wrong. But I'm not

tophawg19

if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: tophawg19 on November 28, 2015, 11:12:15 am
did he play in each game ?

He did. CBB talked about it in this interview the last 15 or so seconds.

"The math I don't think is going to work in our favor." CBB

http://www.wholehogsports.com/videos/2015/oct/05/11962/

RazorPiggie

I think you can take Emrich (will only play ST) and Nick Thomas-Smith (didn't he walk yesterday?) off the list.

Hawk

Another lswho commit de-committed on Twitter this morning. He was a LB'er. Just can't recall his name at the moment.

ricepig

Quote from: Hawk on November 28, 2015, 12:47:19 pm
Another lswho commit de-committed on Twitter this morning. He was a LB'er. Just can't recall his name at the moment.

Safety

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/lsu-football/lsu-loses-another-commit/

Oklahawg

I appreciate the effort at these things. Unless you limit to scholarship players you get an unrealistic view of the depth chart.

It helps to track recent signees also: Tavarres and Spaight already out the door (JUCO guys who exhausted their eligibility) and Ramsey gone (academics).
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

BatesvilleHOG

Speaking of LB'ers next year... The Hogs are in good with a few elite LB'ers from Texas in the 2017 class. Anthony Hines is the #1 ILB in the 2017 class and Baron Browning is the #3 OLB. With our depth at LB going forward I fully expect us to put the full court press on these two.

Hogsolo

I just hope we can tackle and get stops on 50% of the opponents drives next year.  It's been difficult to watch this year. 

Shut down defenses are very rare in college these days.