Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Devin White likes what he's seeing

Started by FreshHog, November 27, 2015, 03:30:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FreshHog

November 27, 2015, 03:30:40 pm Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 04:51:58 pm by Oklahawg

[tweet]670341649365532672[/tweet]

Hopefully he can get his off the field issues corrected, I think he would be a great player if he buckles down and maybe the best thing for him is the discipline that CBB provides.

WPS!

Oklahawg

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

LRHawg

Good to see that! But I'm not going to get my hopes up at this point.

lefty08

Could this be what caused Whaley the sudden change of heart?  Who knows......
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

LR HAWG

November 27, 2015, 04:21:52 pm #4 Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 04:52:21 pm by Oklahawg
Quote from: FreshHog on November 27, 2015, 03:30:40 pm

Hopefully he can get his off the field issues corrected, I think he would be a great player if he buckles down and maybe the best thing for him is the discipline that CBB provides.

WPS!

It's not like the guy is some huge thug. Give him a break. If he comes here Coach B will be great for the young man.
I really hope we land him!

Nipsey Mussle

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

LRHawg

sickboy

Quote from: lefty08 on November 27, 2015, 04:02:38 pm
Could this be what caused Whaley the sudden change of heart?  Who knows......

Hard to imagine it was. He just committed to a team that openly says its RB recruiting philosophy is signing TWO elite RBs each year. And Whaley is their second elite back for this season -- and will automatically be behind Sony Michel, Nick Chubb and AJ Turman going into next season.

The more I think about it -- the more it makes ZERO sense that he committed to them.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Fort Dweller on November 27, 2015, 04:30:01 pm
That's a boar sir
Ahhh I see it now. I was thinking he wasn't coming for a second there.

hogfaninmo

Silent commit, will visit after season is over for bowl prep.

The_Hog_Father

Well... It looks like Les is leaving and it will be announced Sunday with Jimbo being announced as his replacement later. Evidently it's a done deal. Been leaked elsewhere... I think this changes things for us. I know White had FSU on his list and has visited FSU this Fall. With Jimbo there, do we stand a chance?

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: hogfaninmo on November 27, 2015, 04:39:10 pm
Silent commit, will visit after season is over for bowl prep.

I would love that. Just not sure with everything going on...  :razorback:

LRHawg

Quote from: Pigs in Zen on November 27, 2015, 04:44:41 pm
Well... It looks like Les is leaving and it will be announced Sunday with Jimbo being announced as his replacement later. Evidently it's a done deal. Been leaked elsewhere... I think this changes things for us. I know White had FSU on his list and has visited FSU this Fall. With Jimbo there, do we stand a chance?

Link to Jimbo rumor?

cc

Quote from: LRHawg on November 27, 2015, 04:49:43 pm
Link to Jimbo rumor?

Not sure of origination but has been out there for more than a week.

lumphog

Hoggish1

Quote from: LR HAWG on November 27, 2015, 04:21:52 pm
It's not like the guy is some huge thug. Give him a break. If he comes here Coach B will be great for the young man.
I really hope we land him!

Hoggish1

Nuttcracker, Sweet!

Quote from: Pigs in Zen on November 27, 2015, 04:44:41 pm

I have no doubt that that will be the first call LSU makes. However, FSU is a sweet gig, the recruiting base at LSU is no better than what he has. Evidently Fisher has had a recent divorce, so maybe he wants to change venues, but he also has a young child he may not get to see as much...

Far from a "done deal" IMO. It may happen yet, but I wish I had a dollar for every "done deal" I have heard about. Some said Gruden here was, you guessed it, a "done deal." Did Dumbo Fisher sport a purple and yellow tie at his most recent PC?
Making fun of Hootie since 2003

LRHawg

Devin's visiting Bama Jan 22nd. Hope we can get in after that or he commits to us before and cancels his visit. Would prob help if they aren't the new national champs since he me mentions wanting to contend for one.

secneahog

Jimbo is recruiting white hard at fsu..
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: LRHawg on November 27, 2015, 04:49:43 pm
Link to Jimbo rumor?

I can't link to the text that I have from someone who would know, sorry and I am not putting it here either. I am just relaying info that changes the recruiting of White. Take it with a grain of salt but this info is also all over the place on 24/7. Someone else posted this info and more elsewhere on hogville and the details are spot on. The text I got confirmed it.

Quote from: Nuttcracker, Sweet! on November 27, 2015, 05:26:26 pm
I have no doubt that that will be the first call LSU makes. However, FSU is a sweet gig, the recruiting base at LSU is no better than what he has. Evidently Fisher has had a recent divorce, so maybe he wants to change venues, but he also has a young child he may not get to see as much...

Far from a "done deal" IMO. It may happen yet, but I wish I had a dollar for every "done deal" I have heard about. Some said Gruden here was, you guessed it, a "done deal." Did Dumbo Fisher sport a purple and yellow tie at his most recent PC?

Not trying to be that guy so relax... I am trying to be nice.

The_Hog_Father

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: Pigs in Zen on November 27, 2015, 05:57:42 pm
Exactly. These changes could work very hard against us.

I clearly want White to be a :razorback:

Tyro3

Quote from: secneahog on November 27, 2015, 05:53:35 pm
Jimbo is recruiting white hard at fsu..

Remember Whaley had us as his leader, just four days before he committed to Georgia.

hawgXi

Quote from: sickboy on November 27, 2015, 04:30:17 pm
Hard to imagine it was. He just committed to a team that openly says its RB recruiting philosophy is signing TWO elite RBs each year. And Whaley is their second elite back for this season -- and will automatically be behind Sony Michel, Nick Chubb and AJ Turman going into next season.

The more I think about it -- the more it makes ZERO sense that he committed to them.

It makes ZERO sense unless he was told white was coming

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Tyro3 on November 27, 2015, 06:11:00 pm
Remember Whaley had us as his leader, just four days before he committed to Georgia.

Are players learning from coaches that that's the way to get more....

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: hawgXi on November 27, 2015, 06:13:42 pm
It makes ZERO sense unless he was told white was coming

Except all the info out there was that he was a UGA lean for quite some time.  The place he ultimately committed.  Could be there's nothing to it other than he liked UGA.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Tyro3 on November 27, 2015, 06:11:00 pm

Could be that he was on a temporary high from the visit.  Happens all the time.  He comes back to earth and commits to the team he'd supposedly favored for a long while.  He probably got his arm twisted by UGA after the UA comments.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Cinco de Hogo

How exactly do you twist the arm f a player that can go anywhere he wants, three months before signing day?  That's as crazy as saying they offered too much money to turn down.

TX HOG

It is strange how he named us his leader then less than a week commits to Ga. He just visited them? Maybe it was a visit high. Hopefully that's the case. These are kids, who knows. We've got to get whaley or white.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on November 27, 2015, 07:06:56 pm
How exactly do you twist the arm f a player that can go anywhere he wants, three months before signing day?  That's as crazy as saying they offered too much money to turn down.

Well, UGA already has some talented RB's on roster and Holyfield committed.  I'm betting Whaley is icing on the cake for them.  They have leverage.  We don't.  Maybe, after his UA comments, they stopped playing around and said it's now or never.  Happens a lot.  UGA always gets elite RB's.

Wright43

Go look at his twitter now...am I the only one not seeing this tweet anymore? Weird that he would delete it...

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 27, 2015, 07:12:04 pm
Well, UGA already has some talented RB's on roster and Holyfield committed.  I'm betting Whaley is icing on the cake for them.  They have leverage.  We don't.  Maybe, after his UA comments, they stopped playing around and said it's now or never.  Happens a lot.  UGA always gets elite RB's.

Sorry, don't see that working very well unless Georgia was the only school he considered.  Maybe it is.

whosiskid

Quote from: Wright43 on November 27, 2015, 08:08:48 pm
Go look at his twitter now...am I the only one not seeing this tweet anymore? Weird that he would delete it...

Not there anymore. Must have gotten too many retweeting it.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on November 27, 2015, 08:18:59 pm
Sorry, don't see that working very well unless Georgia was the only school he considered.  Maybe it is.

It can work great if you know the kid is favoring you.  You squeeze him to finally go all the way.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  UGA can afford to play rough if they want.  The already have a handful of high end RB's with another already committed in this class.  Whaley is a bonus for them, not some major need.  Not so for UA.

Not saying that's what happened, but it's certainly a realistic possibility.  Very common in recruiting.

Fort Dweller

Quote from: whosiskid on November 27, 2015, 08:26:07 pm
Not there anymore. Must have gotten too many retweeting it.

It's still there when I looked
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

BigSexyHog

Quote from: FreshHog on November 27, 2015, 03:30:40 pm

WPS!
[/quote ]

What off the field issues
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Hawghiggs

Well he can feel free to go ahead and commit.

Kenny Hawgins

Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

Oklahawg

Keep the off-field issues out of the thread. They are out there for you to research. It will not be a part of any thread. Period (per the boss).
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

He also tweeted he is going to a school that has the best chance to win a Nat Title.  I didn't like that tweet

LR HAWG

Quote from: Oklahawg on November 27, 2015, 10:32:21 pm
Keep the off-field issues out of the thread. They are out there for you to research. It will not be a part of any thread. Period (per the boss).

THANK YOU. It's not like he's riddled with off the field issues (I'm so tired of you squares bringing it up) the kid is fine. I really hope we land White. He's been my favorite back since the beginning of this cycle; he looks like a MAN.

intelligence

Quote from: LR HAWG on November 27, 2015, 11:41:55 pm
THANK YOU. It's not like he's riddled with off the field issues (I'm so tired of you squares bringing it up) the kid is fine. I really hope we land White. He's been my favorite back since the beginning of this cycle; he looks like a MAN.
squares have no life, their only chance for attention is on the internet

presidenthog

Quote from: HoneyNuttPetrinoos on November 27, 2015, 11:34:02 pm
He also tweeted he is going to a school that has the best chance to win a Nat Title.  I didn't like that tweet
this. it wasn't a tweet that made me just jump for joy.

deedster84

I'm still not concerned about RBs. CBB seems to put whoever is back there in a position to succeed. Be it White, Porter, Rajas, or any of the others, I think they succeed at UofA. Yes, I do have my favorites just like the rest of our fanbase.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.