Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Whaley to UGA

Started by ADavisTheGOAT, November 26, 2015, 06:06:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgmasta

Quote from: GrizzlyRider07 on November 29, 2015, 08:49:20 pm
Haven't seen it posted on here but, Whaley did have UGA Commit on his twitter page but has now taken it down after MR was fired!

However insignificant this may seem teenagers take their twitter pages pretty seriously. I'm gonna choose to feel really good about this.

The_Iceman

Quote from: hawgmasta on November 30, 2015, 11:34:18 am
However insignificant this may seem teenagers take their twitter pages pretty seriously. I'm gonna choose to feel really good about this.

Yep. You have to consciously go to your page and delete that from your profile. He certainly did that intentionally.

Its down to us and Texas now IMO (or wherever Richt ends up if that's why he committed to them).

Hogdomer

Quote from: Hogdomer on November 29, 2015, 06:45:18 pm
I agree but they have a Nostrodamus type on there who predicted the Chavis hire saying it's him.  He sounds like an attention hound similar to many we have but you never know.

Correction.  The Aggie message board Nostrodamus insider know it all now says the next Aggie offensive coordinator is Steve Spurrier.

phadedhawg

Quote from: Hogdomer on November 30, 2015, 12:01:34 pm
Correction.  The Aggie message board Nostrodamus insider know it all now says the next Aggie offensive coordinator is Steve Spurrier.

Yeah, that'll happen...  hahahaha

presidenthog

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 30, 2015, 11:35:44 am
Yep. You have to consciously go to your page and delete that from your profile. He certainly did that intentionally.

Its down to us and Texas now IMO (or wherever Richt ends up if that's why he committed to them).
I'm hoping that my gut feeling is correct and that richt moves on with his life. if he takes the Miami job then so be it. what could be worse is strong moving to Miami and richt going to texas but I doubt that.

I'm not sure if richt is down with Austin though.

rljjr

Quote from: Hogdomer on November 30, 2015, 12:01:34 pm

That would be GREAT!!!

PorkSoda

Quote from: presidenthog on November 30, 2015, 12:13:38 pm
I'm hoping that my gut feeling is correct and that richt moves on with his life. if he takes the Miami job then so be it. what could be worse is strong moving to Miami and richt going to texas but I doubt that.

austin is a great city, but it seems the PTB are a tad on the meddling side.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

whosiskid

Quote from: PorkSoda on November 30, 2015, 02:19:47 pm
austin is a great city, but it seems the PTB are a tad on the meddling side.

I don't think Richt is the kind of "impact" power that they would be looking for. The alumni understandably believe that Texas ought to be a perennial top 10 team, and they haven't been that in quite some time. They'll shoot much higher than Richt.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

AirWarren

Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 26, 2015, 06:09:46 pm
Just named us his leader and then Commits to UGA?  That sucks.

It's called a high school kid trolling a bunch of easy gullable adults.

PorkRinds

Quote from: AP85 on November 30, 2015, 02:46:29 pm
It's called a high school kid trolling a bunch of easy gullable adults.

That's not the case.  He wasn't trolling anyone.  And that's not how you spell gullible.

ricepig

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 30, 2015, 02:50:33 pm
That's not the case.  He wasn't trolling anyone.  And that's not how you spell gullible.

No......I'm pretty sure that's how he spells it.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 30, 2015, 11:35:44 am

I think he also said he wanted to wait and see who replaces Richt at UGA. Never underestimate the drawing power of a hot new name.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Huds_HawgTide

MR will be new AD...Kirby smart coach
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

Wmhog

A bagman and a contribution to a church.........now who might that be?

Huds_HawgTide

At least thats a rumor at Georgia...prob means gruden
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on November 30, 2015, 02:54:27 pm
I think he also said he wanted to wait and see who replaces Richt at UGA. Never underestimate the drawing power of a hot new name.
that actually wasn't a quote, it was added by the Georgia guy. In the ESPN story he is QUOTED as saying, "I guess I have to open things up..."
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

presidenthog

well the word is Herman is staying at houston. Fuente is already at VT with bud foster (this might be a great combo). who else is a home run hire? chad morris? I'm not sure there are any out there.

presidenthog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 30, 2015, 04:06:37 pm
that actually wasn't a quote, it was added by the Georgia guy. In the ESPN story he is QUOTED as saying, "I guess I have to open things up..."
He was also quoted as saying he was shocked. I think the removing of UGA commit bodes very well for the hogs. at this time I don't think he is really considering georgia unless the new coach sways him. I hope they get a spread guy.

Hey Super

Quote from: presidenthog on November 30, 2015, 04:11:03 pm
well the word is Herman is staying at houston. Fuente is already at VT with bud foster (this might be a great combo). who else is a home run hire? chad morris? I'm not sure there are any out there.

Kiffin and Smart are hot names.
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

presidenthog

Quote from: Royal Fortune on November 30, 2015, 04:17:23 pm
Kiffin and Smart are hot names.
Kiffin has too much baggage. I don't buy Kirby being a great hire. the dude is a great recruiter, but how much can you determine from a guy who has 33 guys who will probably play in the NFL on his side of the ball? also I'm sure he could recruit georgia well but he probably will not recruit as well as he does at bama.

Arazorbackguy1

Whaley will not be a hog, unfortunately.
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

presidenthog

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on November 30, 2015, 04:33:41 pm
then where is he going?

JaketheSnake

Quote from: presidenthog on November 30, 2015, 04:23:39 pm
Kiffin has too much baggage. I don't buy Kirby being a great hire. the dude is a great recruiter, but how much can you determine from a guy who has 33 guys who will probably play in the NFL on his side of the ball? also I'm sure he could recruit georgia well but he probably will not recruit as well as he does at bama.
I dont see GA going after Kiffin.  Even though they just fired Richt, he was a very well respected coach.  They will find someone of high character.  Kiffin does not fit that bill.

duckman

Your wealth of knowledge is awe inspiring....

870hogfan

You know this how? Did he tell you?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: 870hogfan on November 30, 2015, 05:21:34 pm

You know this how? Did he tell you?
he heard somethin bout jawja recrootin this boy real, real, hard is all.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Big Boi

Quote from: presidenthog on November 30, 2015, 04:23:39 pm
Talkin about a sport that has hired Bobby Petrino twice in three years. Kiffin will take over another P-5 program within 2 years.imo

Dominicanhog

If it's Kirby Smart, does that lite his candle?

Smokehouse

Quote from: presidenthog on November 30, 2015, 12:13:38 pm

I can't see Richt being a good fit in Austin. He's a good guy that people seem to love working with, but he doesn't give off the good-ol'-boy glad-handing vibe the Texas coach needs to have. And he wouldn't be willing to carve all the extra time into his schedule to do more PR appearances at the expense of his ministry work.

If Strong moves on I think the Longhorn fans are going to be clamoring with someone more excitable to roam the sidelines. McElwain would seem like a good fit to me if Florida hadn't already hired him.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Smokehouse

Quote from: Dominicanhog on November 30, 2015, 06:03:33 pm
If it's Kirby Smart, does that lite his candle?

If it's Smart, Whaley would be, uh, smart to wait and see who he hires as his OC before making a choice, but I bet it would come down to how good a pitch Smart can make.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Smokehouse

Quote from: Big Boi on November 30, 2015, 05:34:49 pm
Talkin about a sport that has hired Bobby Petrino twice in three years. Kiffin will take over another P-5 program within 2 years.imo

Different baggage between Petrino and Kiffin. Petrino has at least won significantly at two different programs along with his baggage. Kiffin burned UT down and flamed out at USC (albeit in a bad situation). Kiffin may get a P-5 job but it will be a lower tier school in a conference.

presidenthog

Quote from: Smokehouse on November 30, 2015, 06:16:53 pm
Different baggage between Petrino and Kiffin. Petrino has at least won significantly at two different programs along with his baggage. Kiffin burned UT down and flamed out at USC (albeit in a bad situation). Kiffin may get a P-5 job but it will be a lower tier school in a conference.
this man right here gets it. Kiffin has not won when he should have. I know USC was a bad situation but at the same time people will see him failing there as an issue seeing how he was once a NFL coach in that state.

hogoffate

Texas??  They have their future with Chris Warren and the sophomore that was injured that was playing in front of him.  If he wants to play as a freshman, come to the Hogs

Arazorbackguy1

Quote from: duckman on November 30, 2015, 04:54:47 pm
Your wealth of knowledge is awe inspiring....

The dude doesn't want to be a Hog.  It's plainly obvious.  I guarantee he will not be a hog.  I will quit Hogville if he is. 

How many of you would do so if he isn't?
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

duckman

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on November 30, 2015, 08:36:33 pm
The dude doesn't want to be a Hog.  It's plainly obvious.  I guarantee he will not be a hog.  I will quit Hogville if he is. 

The rest of us didn't make a statement that we pulled directly from our anus...

870hogfan

How do you know he doesn't want to be an Hog?

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: 870hogfan on November 30, 2015, 08:52:06 pm

How do you know he doesn't want to be an Hog?

Same way he knew we would go 0-8 in the SEC this year. Oh wait that didn't happen either.

presidenthog

November 30, 2015, 08:56:34 pm #337 Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 09:07:16 pm by presidenthog

well I just want to know where he is going since he isn't coming to arkansas? he took the UGA commit off of his twitter. seems like they have been eliminated until further notice? so I guess he is going to texas then? you are picking the field and know you have a better chance of being right. tell us where he will go instead of choosing against 1 vs 127 fbs schools. the way you are wording it definitely is in your favor. you are just saying he wont be a hog so if he chooses any other school you are right. be a man and make a real bet and say where he ends up and I'll bet with you. I'm giving you first bet homeboy. I'm already in a bet on another board if BA doesn't get drafted I'll ban myself.

here is a real bet. you tell me the specific school and I'll tell you mine. loser walks away from hogville. if he chooses neither school we go about our business as if nothing happened.

ThisTeetsTaken

Whaley is, in fact, going to be a Hog.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Bacon_Bitz

Seven pages in and this is where we are.

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on November 30, 2015, 09:14:11 pm
Whaley is, in fact, going to be a Hog.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: presidenthog on November 30, 2015, 08:56:34 pm
well I just want to know where he is going since he isn't coming to arkansas? he took the UGA commit off of his twitter. seems like they have been eliminated until further notice? so I guess he is going to texas then? you are picking the field and know you have a better chance of being right. tell us where he will go instead of choosing against 1 vs 127 fbs schools. the way you are wording it definitely is in your favor. you are just saying he wont be a hog so if he chooses any other school you are right. be a man and make a real bet and say where he ends up and I'll bet with you. I'm giving you first bet homeboy. I'm already in a bet on another board if BA doesn't get drafted I'll ban myself.

here is a real bet. you tell me the specific school and I'll tell you mine. loser walks away from hogville. if he chooses neither school we go about our business as if nothing happened.
I'm still waiting on the answer to this^^. BTW, You are safe on that other bet. #lock
@Slackaveli

theFlyingHog

Noted

To stay on topic, we now have as good a shot as any. Still think we get White regardless

presidenthog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 30, 2015, 10:00:08 pm
I'm still waiting on the answer to this^^. BTW, You are safe on that other bet. #lock
He won't answer me. I called his bluff and he ain't taking it. I'm not suggesting he is a hog lock or that I'd pick the hogs but I believe that they have  as good of a shot as anyone, maybe better now that richt has left.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: presidenthog on November 30, 2015, 10:59:13 pm
He won't answer me. I called his bluff and he ain't taking it. I'm not suggesting he is a hog lock or that I'd pick the hogs but I believe that they have  as good of a shot as anyone, maybe better now that richt has left.
I'm right there with you.
@Slackaveli

presidenthog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 30, 2015, 11:06:58 pm
I'm right there with you.
also I'm not worried on the brandon bet. I have all the faith in the world in brandon.

MojaveJoe

Quote from: presidenthog on November 30, 2015, 10:59:13 pm

I don't think he'll change from GA. Happens all the time, the kid has doubts because the head coach is fired but the others pressure him to "keep his word" and, truthfully, it probably wasn't the HC recruiting him anyway.

Hope I'm wrong though.

presidenthog

Quote from: MojaveJoe on November 30, 2015, 11:13:59 pm
I don't think he'll change from GA. Happens all the time, the kid has doubts because the head coach is fired but the others pressure him to "keep his word" and, truthfully, it probably wasn't the HC recruiting him anyway.

Hope I'm wrong though.
I actually agree with you. we will see though. if he doesn't like the fact that he doesnt really know any of the staff (rumors are Kirby smart HC, with clay Helton's brother..can't remember his name but I think he was from Western Kentucky as the OC) he might not commit to them. relationships are important. I'm sure there will be complete turnover with the offensive staff there as their offense sucked. we will see though. I think the hogs have a great opportunity to get back in the lead.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: MojaveJoe on November 30, 2015, 11:13:59 pm

Hope I'm wrong though.
yeah but in this case he HAS to feel duped. UGA pressured him to commit 3 days before they fired the coach. But he has re-opened his recruitment (yes I am aware maybe not officially but he is doing visits and removed his "UGA Commit" badge from his Twitter AND told ESPN he was opening it back up).
@Slackaveli

whosiskid

Quote from: ricepig on November 30, 2015, 02:51:37 pm
No......I'm pretty sure that's how he spells it.

Good one. +1
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

texas tush hog

Quote from: Smokehouse on November 30, 2015, 06:15:31 pm
If it's Smart, Whaley would be, uh, smart to wait and see who he hires as his OC before making a choice, but I bet it would come down to how good a pitch Smart can make.

Smart is one helluva recruiter, possibly the best on Saban's staff