Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mike Williams Visit Rescheduled

Started by smokeyB_blues, November 24, 2015, 09:36:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

smokeyB_blues

You would think our coaches would want him to see the live game day experience. I understand he's a Stanford commit and cares about acedemics but he seemed excited to visit us. I just don't understand the upside to delaying his visit to another time.

PorkRinds

Quote from: smokeyB_blues on November 24, 2015, 09:36:31 am
You would think our coaches would want him to see the live game day experience. I understand he's a Stanford commit and cares about acedemics but he seemed excited to visit us. I just don't understand the upside to delaying his visit to another time.

You answered your own question.  As a Stanford commit he is likely very interested in the academic side, and there will be no one on campus to show him anything.  The upside is that he can visit his programs of choice and get academic information more effectively on another date. 

smokeyB_blues

I still believe that the game experience plus the excitement he showed about visiting Arkansas probably would have won him over I'll take our game day experience over Stanford. And even if we just showed him the new academic center it would have mad an impact.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: smokeyB_blues on November 24, 2015, 09:53:11 am
I still believe that the game experience plus the excitement he showed about visiting Arkansas probably would have won him over I'll take our game day experience over Stanford. And even if we just showed him the new academic center it would have mad an impact.

Well, I'd say your limited experience in actually recruiting football players to the UA might possibly be the significant factor in your confusion.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: smokeyB_blues on November 24, 2015, 09:36:31 am
While I understand what you're saying, I also have a strong hunch that the staff has honed in on what the young man's main concern(s) may be and how best to address them. As others have pointed out it appears that with a commit to Stanford in hand the young man is just as interested, if not more so, in the academic side of the campus as he is the actual game experience. In any event, like so many others I'll leave the recruiting issues to those who are far more experienced and capable then I. I would humbly suggest you do the same.   :)

smokeyB_blues

AugustaHog

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on November 24, 2015, 11:04:18 am
While I understand what you're saying, I also have a strong hunch that the staff has honed in on what the young man's main concern(s) may be and how best to address them. As others have pointed out it appears that with a commit to Stanford in hand the young man is just as interested, if not more so, in the academic side of the campus as he is the actual game experience. In any event, like so many others I'll leave the recruiting issues to those who are far more experienced and capable then I. I would humbly suggest you do the same.   :)
Yeah, if we're the ones rescheduling, there is a good reason.  We wouldn't be putting a kid this talented off, so there is a very good reason to move this to a time when he can talk to the support staff.  Those guys get rave reviews from nearly every recruit and parent that comes to visit.  If academics are a MAJOR factor, he needs to speak to all of those people and get the full experience that they can provide. 

pigroots

Doubt this played into it but the weather is gonna be terrible this weekend it sounds like. I've always heard coaches are hoping for good weather when recruits come in cause it makes a big difference in their experience

lefty08

They can easily show him the atmosphere virtually while being able to meet department heads and visiting other buildings on campus at a later date
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

ricepig

Quote from: lefty08 on November 24, 2015, 11:46:15 am
They can easily show him the atmosphere virtually while being able to meet department heads and visiting other buildings on campus at a later date

Maybe they should have just shown him the virtual classrooms and department heads, lol. Or at least, that would have worked best for me, I think I met my advisor when I needed him to sign off on my graduation.

scruf

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on November 24, 2015, 09:55:39 am
Well, I'd say your limited experience in actually recruiting football players to the UA might possibly be the significant factor in your confusion.
Nice take on this.

scruf

wandering is not the same thing as wondering

Country Stylz

Maybe he wants to see Stanford, Notre Dame?

Dominicanhog

Quote from: scruf on November 24, 2015, 12:05:51 pm

but I would bet you are wondering as your wandering...

onebadrubi

Might also be a matter of slots.  We might be having to slow play him selling it differently.  What if we hope and expect two commits this weekend and maybe receiving a goof vibe from one or two last weekend.  Thats 4 and all of a sudden we are severely getting thin on spots. 

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: Dominicanhog on November 24, 2015, 12:34:05 pm
but I would bet you are wondering as your wandering...
You're grammar isn't as good as your letting on.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: scruf on November 24, 2015, 12:05:51 pm

I don't know, maybe.  But I know there have been many times I was wondering why I was wandering so.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Bubba's Bruisers

Yep, we never have enough grammar lessons around here.  They're my favorite.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on November 24, 2015, 09:55:39 am

+1 but ole smokeyB_blues apparently has been in contact with Williams a lot more than our coaching staff has so he has to know more about how to recruit him.

scruf

theFlyingHog