Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs offer Big Ten commit

Started by The Recruiting Guy, November 22, 2015, 09:20:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

presidenthog

not a bad offer. the guy has great length, uses his hands real well, is strong and is very exceptional at shedding blocks. he doesn't have a ton of straight line speed, but does have a great take off and uses his hands to slip by the blocker and uses his length to finish.

gumbohog

Little surprised...only because I thought we were in in so many other big name DL's. Obviously the coaches like him better? Is it possible it's non commitable and he's a backup plan?

WildRazorback

Probably the coaches having a plan in case Keir Thomas is completely sold on Auburn.

Dominicanhog

He looks like a good athlete.. nice jump and looked like a pretty good blocker at TE,,, did anyone know he was visiting? Makes you wonder how many more like this are low key visitors..

COCHISE

Quote from: gumbohog on November 22, 2015, 11:24:08 pm
Little surprised...only because I thought we were in in so many other big name DL's. Obviously the coaches like him better? Is it possible it's non commitable and he's a backup plan?
I'm not familiar with the kid but it could just be that he's having a solid senior year and starting to get some attention. This staff has a history of getting on kids early only to have other P5 schools soon follow with offers of their own. If the staff was looking for  a "back up plan" at DE they wouldn't have to look any further than Pine Bluff with John Tate.

SemperFi

Love this kids highlight video. We gotta steal this kid away from Indiana.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

COCHISE

Quote from: SemperFi on November 23, 2015, 11:10:33 am
Love this kids highlight video. We gotta steal this kid away from Indiana.
You would think we stand a decent chance of doing so considering he came for a visit and paid his own way. Has to be considerable interest.

OLDHOG

Yes sir. The very first of his video convinced me. The uncommon that we seek, plus looks pretty dang good, too.

WaltonCollege

if we need to 'steal' guys from indianna we have a problem. this guy should be begging to be a hog. looks like we have striked out on our higher up targets. kid has good length but I'm just a little worried we are going after indianna recruits haha

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: presidenthog on November 22, 2015, 09:39:11 pm
not a bad offer. the guy has great length, uses his hands real well, is strong and is very exceptional at shedding blocks. he doesn't have a ton of straight line speed, but does have a great take off and uses his hands to slip by the blocker and uses his length to finish.
He sheds blocks and hits with reckless abandon.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

smokeyB_blues

Richard just wondering why there isn't much talk about Eric Cuffee??? He seems like a guy fans should be high on but there's no talk I know you posted where he was looking to visit but nothing else. Seems that if the Hogs and fans pursue more we might could get him

PorkRinds

Quote from: WaltonCollege on November 23, 2015, 12:20:25 pm
if we need to 'steal' guys from indianna we have a problem. this guy should be begging to be a hog. looks like we have striked out on our higher up targets. kid has good length but I'm just a little worried we are going after indianna recruits haha

He paid his own way for an unofficial this weekend, so it sounds like he's very interested.  I don't care where a kid comes from or is committed to.  If we like him, we like him. 

JaketheSnake

No need to ask the same question in every recruiting thread...
Quote from: smokeyB_blues on November 23, 2015, 01:04:58 pm
Richard just wondering why there isn't much talk about Eric Cuffee??? He seems like a guy fans should be high on but there's no talk I know you posted where he was looking to visit but nothing else. Seems that if the Hogs and fans pursue more we might could get him

DeltaHog66

Tarheelhawg

Solid Yes!  DE or TE,  great size and motor.

Oklahawg

There is this thingy called "development". This kid has exploded his senior year and is a far superior talent now than what was recruited/committed by Indiana based on 2014 film.

Let's not troll.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

cardinalandwhite

You're right. We should never offer a DE who runs a 4.8 40 and doesn't have tons of top-shelf offers. I mean, what do our coaches know? Guys never earn offers due to their performance as SR's or fly under the radar.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ucf/football/recruiting/player-Trey-Flowers-102347
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

presidenthog

the Georgia and georgia tech offers aren't offers to sneeze at. what I do think is very funny is that Louisville seems to offer almost everyone we are in on.

also I would just like to say that I find it odd that Bret said in his presser today that he believes that we over signed at reciever, corner, offensive line(and we have some demanding we sign 5 this class), Tight end (looking at you Mr 2 star TE) and defensive line. yet on defensive line we keep offering and recruiting alot of guys. I wonder really if that is because we lose quite a few next year or if it's because he doesn't think some of the guys he has brought in already won't be good enough.