Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kris Fulton

Started by PantherHog733, November 22, 2015, 11:38:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TX HOG

Jennings was suppose to be an excellent recruiter. We need DBs. Maybe he can get Fulton and a few more.....

ADavisTheGOAT

I like our chances with him. Les Miles looks like he'll be gone from LSwho after this season.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Hogfan991 on November 22, 2015, 12:20:02 pm
I like our chances with him. Les Miles looks like he'll be gone from LSwho after this season.
That's actually what I'm worried about. At this point and time we are #1 for Kristian but if LSU gets a new coach, there will be a TON of local pressure on KF to be a Tiger.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

presidenthog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 22, 2015, 02:21:33 pm
That's actually what I'm worried about. At this point and time we are #1 for Kristian but if LSU gets a new coach, there will be a TON of local pressure on KF to be a Tiger.

I agree. I don't want LSU to get a new coach. miles is passed his prime and is going down hill.

Hawghiggs

I really want this kid to be a hawg.

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: Hawghiggs on November 22, 2015, 03:04:04 pm
I really want this kid to be a hawg.

Same here man...  :razorback:

Hoggish1

Fulton and Guidry would be great additions to the 2016 Hogs! 

hoghappy

I doubt Miles is leaving just like that. LSU and Miles will look a lot like Texas and Brown before it's all over.

onebadrubi

It will cost LSU 17 million to get rid of miles this year....  That's too much in my opinion.

redeye

He clearly said Arkansas was one of his top schools.

presidenthog

yes he did. also we have a pipeline from rummel. LSU fans have basically said they haven't gotten anyone out of rummel in a long time. apparently they had a player from there go back to the school and coaches and bashed LSU and they haven't gotten anyone out of there since.

secneahog

I think we can get him...
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Bacon_Bitz

I mean we might need this kid to start as a true frosh.  I'd tell him that.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Hoggish1 on November 22, 2015, 03:26:40 pm
Fulton and Guidry would be great additions to the 2016 Hogs!
Don't forget Toliver is "Like a brother to me:"-Kris Fulton
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

redeye

November 22, 2015, 05:21:33 pm #15 Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 05:33:39 pm by redeye
Quote from: presidenthog on November 22, 2015, 03:37:31 pm
yes he did. also we have a pipeline from rummel. LSU fans have basically said they haven't gotten anyone out of rummel in a long time. apparently they had a player from there go back to the school and coaches and bashed LSU and they haven't gotten anyone out of there since.

Wow, I didn't know that.  I've heard LSU fans say they've struggled with Rummel recruits recently, but didn't know why.  Rummel is a football factory, so every Rummel player we sign could help create a lucrative pipeline.

edit: Looking at recent classes from Rummel, "football factory" may be a bit of an overstatement, but they usually turn out 1-2 good players per year.

whosiskid

If you go to the LSU board on 247, you'll get an idea of where the LSU fanbase is right now. Almost no one is talking about keeping Miles, but only talking about his possible replacements:

http://lsu.247sports.com/Board/LSU-Football-Message-Board-Forums-59425

This could have a significant impact on players we are recruiting. Fulton seems somewhat cool towards LSU. Not sure why. He definitely is weighing his options which is unusual for a Louisiana kid that LSU wants to lock down. They've been pushing for him to commit for some time now and he hasn't. Anyway, LSU is definitely in disarray right now, and even if they don't buy out Miles, which frankly seems unlikely now (the Ole Miss loss seems to have hit the fans even harder than the loss to Arkansas did), his stay could be even more disruptive to the future of the program than firing him would be.

247 has the LSU recruiting class ranked #1 in the country. Depending on what coordinators a new head coach would hire, they could have a lot of kids who have committed decommit.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: redeye on November 22, 2015, 05:21:33 pm
Wow, I didn't know that.  I've heard LSU fans say they've struggled with Rummel recruits recently, but didn't know why.  Rummel is a football factory, so every Rummel player we sign could help create a lucrative pipeline.
Henry Toliver, Briston Guidry, and maybe Kris Fulton is a huge start!
@Slackaveli

presidenthog

Quote from: redeye on November 22, 2015, 05:21:33 pm

edit: Looking at recent classes from Rummel, "football factory" may be a bit of an overstatement, but they usually turn out 1-2 good players per year.
if I can find the thread where I seen them discussing it I'll post it here. they said who the recruit was in it. they went on to say afterwards that the coaches there at rummel are pushing thier kids in other directions than LSU, or at the very least they aren't pushing them to LSU. the general sense from them was they wasn't too worried about it because ,like you already stated, rummel produces only a couple D1 players a year. even if that is the case I would love to have a pipeline there. guys like guidry and Fulton are exceptional players and I will take all the LA and FL kids we can get. they just have a different kind of athlete there. If we do bring both of them in I feel we will have a good shot at getting the ones they produce there yearly. the more LA kids we get on the roster the easier it will to convince kids from LA to come here.

also I think Taiwan johnson or Hodge is from rummel. we already have quite a few guys from there.

LAHOG1962

Johnson is from Texas and Hodge is from Neville High School in Monroe Louisiana.

ldfergu

Aren't Hackett and Eugene LA guys?

davispard

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on November 22, 2015, 06:46:39 pm
Aren't Hackett and Eugene LA guys?
Eugene is; Hackett's from Georgia...

LAHOG1962

Eugene and Tolliver are from Rummel in New Orleans

Scott7703

November 22, 2015, 07:10:00 pm #23 Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 07:23:07 pm by Scott7703
Fulton would 100% beyond a shadow of a doubt be the best prospect Arkansas will have ever gotten from Louisiana if they land him. Guidry is another absolute stud but Fulton is the exact type guy Arkansas is always in on but never gets. Could be the guy that opens the Louisianna flood gates.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Scott7703 on November 22, 2015, 07:10:00 pm
Fulton would 100% beyond a shadow of a doubt be the best prospect Arkansas will have ever gotten from Louisiana if they land him. Guidry is another absolute stud but Fulton is the exact type  guy we we always Arkansas is always in on but never gets. Could be the guy that opens the Louisianna flood gates.
him and Devin White.
@Slackaveli

redeye

Quote from: Scott7703 on November 22, 2015, 07:10:00 pm
Fulton would 100% beyond a shadow of a doubt be the best prospect Arkansas will have ever gotten from Louisiana if they land him. Guidry is another absolute stud but Fulton is the exact type  guy we we always Arkansas is always in on but never gets. Could be the guy that opens the Louisianna flood gates.

Joe Furgeson may disagree.

Scott7703

Quote from: redeye on November 22, 2015, 07:18:42 pm
Joe Furgeson may disagree.

Ferguson was before my time. How highly rated was Joe and what kinda offer list did he have?

Smokehouse

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 22, 2015, 02:21:33 pm

Depending on how their coaching search goes, it could end up being really underwhelming and making LSU look worse to a recruit. There are a lot of schools looking for coaches after this year, so in the game of musical chairs one school could lose out on several coaches they go after. And for any faults he has, Miles is a great recruiter.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

redeye

Quote from: Scott7703 on November 22, 2015, 07:22:16 pm
Ferguson was before my time. How highly rated was Joe and what kinda offer list did he have?

He was a little before my time, also, but I think he was very highly rated.

whosiskid

Quote from: Scott7703 on November 22, 2015, 07:22:16 pm

I don't know that they kept lists at the time, but Ferguson was widely regarded as the top prospect in the United States that year. His commiting to Arkansas was huge, huge news. Ferguson is probably the most highly touted prospect to EVER sign at Arkansas, instate or out of state.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

Scott7703

Quote from: whosiskid on November 22, 2015, 08:06:56 pm
I don't know that they kept lists at the time, but Ferguson was widely regarded as the top prospect in the United States that year. His commiting to Arkansas was huge, huge news. Ferguson is probably the most highly touted prospect to EVER sign at Arkansas, instate or out of state.

Wasn't Gary Brashears top 5 nationally? Also where was Mustain overall?

Pig in the Pokey

Kristian Fulton
Kristian Fulton
Archbishop Rummel
(Metairie, LA) CB 6-0/177
0.9782   96 UNCOMMITTED
Interests
School   Interest   Offer   Recruited By   Visit Date   
LSULSU   Warmer      
P Frank Wilson
S Corey Raymond
-   
ArkansasArkansas   Warm      
P Michael Smith
S Robb Smith
-   
Texas A&MTexas A&M   Warm      
P Terry Joseph
-   
GeorgiaGeorgia   Cool      
P Rob Sale
S Jeremy Pruitt
-
@Slackaveli

hawgmasta

Man, Fulton would be HUGE. He would be a starter at CB but could also play FS for us immediately.

LR HAWG

Quote from: hawgmasta on November 26, 2015, 12:23:06 am
Man, Fulton would be HUGE. He would be a starter at CB but could also play FS for us immediately.

Fulton has been my favorite recruit in this class since the beginning. I would love to see him starting in our secondary for three years.