Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jon Johnson RB/OLB Haskell Harmony Grove

Started by CodeRed, November 19, 2015, 12:11:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CodeRed

Jon Johnson RB/OLB Haskell Harmony Grove 4.41 6'-1 205 has put together impressive back to back seasons.

Holds offers from Austin Peay, Henderson, OBU, UAM, Harding and Southern Missouri. A-state and UCA has really started to show interest and may be close. Arkansas said they liked him as an OLB and will continue to evaluate him.

2015 Sr. Rushing: 1669 YDS 28 TDS Receiving: 299 YDS 29.0 YPC 2 TDS
2014 Jr Rushing: 1916 YDS 9.9 YPC 23 TDS

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2636432/highlights/282575377/v2

whosiskid

Looks interesting, but no offense, I'm always suspicious when someone creates an account to tout one particular player. Seems less like someone interested in Arkansas recruiting than someone coming here to promote a specific cause, in this case getting people to pay attention to a particular player. It makes you wonder if the poster is a family member or close friend. If this had been your 500th post it might come acros differently, but your first?
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

tphog

No offense, but does it matter if the OP is a family member? They are just letting all of us know about this player and that Arkansas is looking at him. The OP didn't overly tout the player as a stud. Just gave stats and an update.

Thanks for the info OP!
Everybody saying well we knew before PRJ. A blind man could see we were gonna fire Jeff.

At some point, a man who is friends with David Allan Coe, Hank 3, Phil Anselmo, Dax Riggs, men who are a phone call away...a man who is family with Willie Nelson AND Johnny Cash, a man who has stood on stage and sang Folsom Prison Blues with the Legendary Shack Shakes and I ain't never with BR5-49...a man who strolled in to Tuscaloosa Alabama with my pistols by my side and wiaked away one of their homecoming queens and now she resides right beside me in a compound on the Southside of a mountain in Newton County by God Arkansas...a man who has shook hands with Kamala and Abdullah the Butcher.....and a man who is a member of Ducks Unlimited, the hokey hotrodders, the NRA and the national.quilting society...well he will be taken seriously.

If I can take on the gumps for their homecoming queen....well

PRJ

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: tphog on November 19, 2015, 02:15:30 pm
No offense, but does it matter if the OP is a family member? They are just letting all of us know about this player and that Arkansas is looking at him. The OP didn't overly tout the player as a stud. Just gave stats and an update.

Thanks for the info OP!

Yes, it matters. 

There was a day in the not too distant past where we had fat, sissy boy german Gus strokers coming on here to tout whatever kids were part of his "recruiting service".

But he wasn't the only one doing that.

whosiskid was on top of it to point that out.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

CodeRed

Quote from: whosiskid on November 19, 2015, 12:18:13 pm
Looks interesting, but no offense, I'm always suspicious when someone creates an account to tout one particular player. Seems less like someone interested in Arkansas recruiting than someone coming here to promote a specific cause, in this case getting people to pay attention to a particular player. It makes you wonder if the poster is a family member or close friend. If this had been your 500th post it might come acros differently, but your first?

I understand how it could be perceive that way. I'm no parent, relative or friend just a Haskell Harmony Grove supporter. My intentions were just to share information regarding the young man’s recruitment and intrest from Arkansas. Considering Haskell Harmony Grove, a 3A school has only had its football program for 6 years and they have a potential D1 player football player. I find the story very interesting and just wanted to share.

jackflash

If the kid can play LB is that big and fast want Arkansas to take look at him

jgphillips3

I thought at first he was a 2017 recruit, but since you put Sr. for 2015 rushing numbers he is obviously next year.  Given that our numbers are tight for 2016 it would seem we just wouldn't have a scholarship for him due to other needs and people still on the board.  If you know, would he be considering walking on with a legitimate shot to get a scholarship or have they told him an offer is possible?  He seems like a good athlete but when we have guys like Fulton, White, Whaley and a bunch of others still looking to get our last 6 or scholarships, if we succeed with very many of those elite guys, there just won't be one left.  We do need linebackers though.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 19, 2015, 04:55:13 pm
I thought at first he was a 2017 recruit, but since you put Sr. for 2015 rushing numbers he is obviously next year.  Given that our numbers are tight for 2016 it would seem we just wouldn't have a scholarship for him due to other needs and people still on the board.  If you know, would he be considering walking on with a legitimate shot to get a scholarship or have they told him an offer is possible?  He seems like a good athlete but when we have guys like Fulton, White, Whaley and a bunch of others still looking to get our last 6 or scholarships, if we succeed with very many of those elite guys, there just won't be one left.  We do need linebackers though.
With the tight numbers we're likely to have this year I agree that IF he wants to pursue the Hogs it likely would be from a walk on status.     

Lake City Hog

Who decides what matters? If I choose to come on this board and tout a player what gives any other poster the right to question me? Some of you people are simply amazing in your thought process or to put it rather bluntly-- who the hell do you think you are???

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Lake City Hog on November 19, 2015, 09:14:06 pm
Who decides what matters? If I choose to come on this board and tout a player what gives any other poster the right to question me? Some of you people are simply amazing in your thought process or to put it rather bluntly-- who the hell do you think you are???
There have been several shady type player peddlers come on here pushing players, so people are a little skeptical.

navyhog24

Country Stylz

Quote from: whosiskid on November 19, 2015, 12:18:13 pm
nm.

CodeRed

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 19, 2015, 04:55:13 pm

I don't know details on if their asking him to walk on or a possible offer.  It seems that there is some interest Lunney visited Jon at the school a couple times during the spring evaluations and Jon has been up to Fayetteville for a couple games this year for visits. I believe he is going back up there this weekend for the Mississippi State game. But like you said with the number of scholarships available it seems more like a possible walk on opportunity.

hvsupastar

Usually these small school guys are preferred walk on, I know the OL from Bearden has already been offered that.
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

MC_Hog

I live at Magnet Cove & Harmony Grove is in our conference. I've seen him play the past two years & He's a very good 2A player but I personally don't think he's a D-1 college prospect. We played Kenneth Dixon & Strong a few years ago in the playoffs & there's was no doubt that Dixon was a D-1 athlete. Jon Johnson isn't close to that type of athlete or has that type of speed. I have been a Razorback Football season ticket holder for 22 years & I know what a SEC player looks like. He's the best player at his school & fans think that makes you good enough to play for the Hogs & it doesn't......just my opinion.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: MC_Hog on November 22, 2015, 09:25:58 pm
I live at Magnet Cove & Harmony Grove is in our conference. I've seen him play the past two years & He's a very good 2A player but I personally don't think he's a D-1 college prospect. We played Kenneth Dixon & Strong a few years ago in the playoffs & there's was no doubt that Dixon was a D-1 athlete. Jon Johnson isn't close to that type of athlete or has that type of speed. I have been a Razorback Football season ticket holder for 22 years & I know what a SEC player looks like. He's the best player at his school & fans think that makes you good enough to play for the Hogs & it doesn't......just my opinion.

And a valuable opinion based on what you shared.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

kaki

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on November 19, 2015, 09:44:13 pm
There have been several shady type player peddlers come on here pushing players, so people are a little skeptical.
so being skeptical gives one the right to limit posters the right to share what they want to share. 

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: kaki on November 23, 2015, 12:18:52 pm
so being skeptical gives one the right to limit posters the right to share what they want to share. 

Where did he limit the right of that poster to share what he wanted to share?

I missed that.

kaki

Semantically there was no limiting, but responding to the one who posted in a manner that questions the motives of their post is not very open either. 

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: kaki on November 23, 2015, 01:02:41 pm
Semantically there was no limiting, but responding to the one who posted in a manner that questions the motives of their post is not very open either. 

Couldn't disagree more.

He raised a relevant and on target question.

Did the OP not get his cupcake for creating the thread?

pigture perfect

I have lived in Haskell for 8 years and seen J. Johnson play many times. This kid can play. Kid is a workhorse. He seldom leaves the field. If he just plays one side of the ball or the other, he's as good as anybody. I like him better on defense personally. He can play LB or safety.

I usually don't call out other posters, but Magnet Cove and Haskell HG are not in the same conference.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

CodeRed

Quote from: MC_Hog on November 22, 2015, 09:25:58 pm
I was stating facts not my opinions regarding his recruitment. Regardless if Arkansas is recruiting/evaluating him as a possible scholarship player or a walk on. It's obvious that Lunney and other coaches up there believe he can contribute on the SEC level or they wouldn't be wasting their time. But I guess since you're a 22 year Razorback Football season ticket holder makes you an expert in recruiting.   

presidenthog

Quote from: CodeRed on November 25, 2015, 02:33:05 pm
I was stating facts not my opinions regarding his recruitment. Regardless if Arkansas is recruiting/evaluating him as a possible scholarship player or a walk on. It's obvious that Lunney and other coaches up there believe he can contribute on the SEC level or they wouldn't be wasting their time. But I guess since you're a 22 year Razorback Football season ticket holder makes you an expert in recruiting.
It makes him nothing but a season ticket holder for 22 years.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: CodeRed on November 25, 2015, 02:33:05 pm
Jon, I hope you get your college paid for somewhere.  It may not be in Fayettville, but good luck.  Love to see you as a walk-on if they dont offer and you can show people what you can do.

scruf

Kid ran a 4.41 at the Hogs' camp this summer but he's not faster than Kenneth Dixon who runs a 4.54?

Well, he's always the fastest player on the field at his level and that's not his fault. Is he fast enough to play OLB in the SEC? Yes. Is he big enough? Not yet. I could see him being the last kid offered a scholarship or getting a walk-on invite. Neither would surprise me. Kid actually looks pretty good. I was shocked.

ckhawgu

Man...that kid can run! Looks like he has some good size to work with as well!

hawgXi

Quote from: CodeRed on November 19, 2015, 04:45:50 pm
2:21 update

5:51 update

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2015/jun/20/arkansas-advance-camp-updates/

thanx for the link.

did well at LB in camp.

at 6'1" 205 with 4.41 & 4.46 I can see why.

gotta take a serious look at this guy.

don't most of our top LB recruits this year have > 4.5 - 4.6?

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!

jackflash

wouldn't mind seeing Johnson walking on might make a great OLB?

Andrew Hogfan

I was told by a family friend that he wouldn't be able to walk on. He has to have a scholly to go to college.
WPS!!!

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Lake City Hog on November 19, 2015, 09:14:06 pm

Agreed.
[CENSORED]!

hei5manhog

Quote from: Andrew Hogfan on January 25, 2016, 08:44:25 pm
I was told by a family friend that he wouldn't be able to walk on. He has to have a scholly to go to college.

FAFSA? Pell Grant? who needs a scholarship?  isnt this how the pref walkons make it work?
"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?