Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So which RB or RBs do we end up signing?

Started by ThisTeetsTaken, November 12, 2015, 12:24:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ThisTeetsTaken

Just wondering if Richard or anyone close to recruiting has an educated guess on which RBs or RB Arkansas will end up signing this year.  Just looking for gut feelings here. Thanks I'll hang up and listen. 
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

hogfreak

Hakuna Matata

I think most feel strongly that Pennamon flips from Ole Miss at some point. All the other names, no one really knows which way. Whaley has been considered a lean to UGA. Porter has been considered a lean to UT. White, well no one really knows. I'm sure there are others, but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

Dominicanhog

Wildhog

Quote from: Hakuna Matata on November 12, 2015, 01:14:43 pm
I think most feel strongly that Pennamon flips from Ole Miss at some point. All the other names, no one really knows which way. Whaley has been considered a lean to UGA. Porter has been considered a lean to UT. White, well no one really knows. I'm sure there are others, but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

If Richt gets fired, all bets are off on Whaley.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkRinds

Quote from: Wildhog on November 12, 2015, 03:19:59 pm

I'm hoping he leaves for "health reasons" at the end of this season.  ;)

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Wildhog on November 12, 2015, 03:19:59 pm

Heck, UGA is still waiting for him to sign his contract extension.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

hawginbigd1

So aTm flips a 4* RB from TCU, does that make us look better to Boyd?

JayBell

Just reading other stuff, it seems like Porter and Whaley are Arkansas' best chances of getting a highly-rated running back in this class, especially with Whaley coming to Arkansas for the Mississippi State game.

White probably goes to LSU.  I don't think this staff is scared of Alabama at all, but I don't see Arkansas landing Pennamon because of the combination of his commitment to Ole Miss, Alabama's offer and the rumors of him being overweight and a little out of shape.

Beaverfever

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 12, 2015, 03:23:57 pm
I'm hoping he leaves for "health reasons" at the end of this season.  ;)
If him and/or particularly Miles get the ouster we better end up over-signing and have a top 15 class.  So many schools in disarray for us to have an average year.  The closest school in the SEC to us doesn't have a president, chancellor, or A HEAD COACH.  Time to take a cue from our Northern neighbors and loot the hell out of that state. 

immahog

No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

dandd TD

Betcha it ain't Devin White! Check later and you'll know why!

Seebs

Quote from: dandd TD on November 20, 2015, 01:09:05 pm
Betcha it ain't Devin White! Check later and you'll know why!
He signed to play basketball at Kentucky?
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

dandd TD

Just keep waiting. It will be out shortly.

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

Woopig69

The real Hogules

Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Hawg Life

There's no way any news on White comes out today.

Tusks

That's to bad about White.  He could really elevate the hogs where it's proven that without a QB, playing RB at LSU is futile.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

jjdlc

Got to love this time of the year, all the secret sources come out.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: dandd TD on November 20, 2015, 01:14:33 pm
Just keep waiting. It will be out shortly.

How about you predicted the End of the world next

dandd TD

Word out of Springhill is he was arrested. Keep waiting.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: dandd TD on November 20, 2015, 03:38:44 pm
Word out of Springhill is he was arrested. Keep waiting.
Devin White has been arrested?  DEVIN WHITE the RB Arkansas is recruiting?

PorkRinds

dandd TD

I think now you can say you didn't wait for nothing! I just hated to be the one to break it. He was arrested for stat. rape of a 14 year old girl. Him and his buddy.
To the one that posted about "secret sources this time of year" well mine were dead on.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: dandd TD on November 20, 2015, 03:59:23 pm
I think now you can say you didn't wait for nothing! I just hated to be the one to break it. He was arrested for stat. rape of a 14 year old girl. Him and his buddy.
To the one that posted about "secret sources this time of year" well mine were dead on.
You were right, I was wrong. I didn't see this coming at all. I damn near called you a liar. +1

Scott7703

Quote from: dandd TD on November 20, 2015, 03:59:23 pm

You nailed but it appears he will get off without incident. Wonder if this will change his recruiting status with us though?

FrozenHam

JoJo Robinson also had a brush with the law during our recruitment of him.  He maintained his innocence and charges were ultimately dropped, but his involvement in the incident may have been prophetic of his behavior as a Razorback.  It's been said by many on this forum, you recruit your own problems.  Devin White's arrest may also be prophetic.  I trust Bielema will make a decision which is best for the future of our program and for White's.

dandd TD

I'm wondering if he plays tonight? Lot of influential people involved here.
I don't see a D1 taking a shot. Honestly, the Hogs will be better without him.

redeye

November 20, 2015, 04:31:52 pm #31 Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 04:45:37 pm by redeye
Quote from: FrozenHam on November 20, 2015, 04:20:48 pm
JoJo Robinson also had a brush with the law during our recruitment of him.  He maintained his innocence and charges were ultimately dropped, but his involvement in the incident may have been prophetic of his behavior as a Razorback.  It's been said by many on this forum, you recruit your own problems.  Devin White's arrest may also be prophetic.  I trust Bielema will make a decision which is best for the future of our program and for White's.

I didn't think Jojo was involved at all, though?  Wasn't it a case of mistaken identity?

Btw, Devin was arrested for having consensual sex with a girl 3 years younger.  I'm not sure that makes him a terrible person.

FrozenHam

It seems JoJo was in the backseat of a car which had been earlier involved in a robbery at gunpoint.  When car was stopped by police, the driver jumped and ran.  JoJo remained in back seat and was later cleared of charges.

http:// [[[Stop spamming your site, Eric.]]] .com/sports/arkansas-signee-arrested-miami

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: dandd TD on November 20, 2015, 04:24:10 pm
I don't see a D1 taking a shot. Honestly, the Hogs will be better without him.

Just asking, but do you really feel this way? If so, do mind expounding on your thoughts? Thank you.

FrozenHam

Quote from: redeye on November 20, 2015, 04:31:52 pm
I didn't think Jojo was involved at all, though?  Wasn't it a case of mistaken identity?

Btw, he was arrested for having consensual sex with a girl 3 years younger.  I'm not sure that makes him a terrible person.

Agreed, we would all be remiss to convict Devin of anything right now.  He has only been charged with this offense.  'Terrible person' also seems too strong right now, but depending on what we learn in future, it may shed light on these young men's decision making.

redeye

Quote from: FrozenHam on November 20, 2015, 04:38:53 pm
It seems JoJo was in the backseat of a car which had been earlier involved in a robbery at gunpoint.  When car was stopped by police, the driver jumped and ran.  JoJo remained in back seat and was later cleared of charges.

http:// [[[Stop spamming your site, Eric.]]] .com/sports/arkansas-signee-arrested-miami

Well, that's a lot closer then I remembered.  Sounds like he wasn't hanging with the best crowd.

JayBell

He also posted this on Wednesday:

@DevinWhite_40
Hope I don't get bashed for choosing the University that I feel is best for ME !!!

dandd TD

I would not like to go any further with my comment. I know the work ethic. I know. College ball and high school ball are very different.

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: dandd TD on November 20, 2015, 04:55:06 pm
I would not like to go any further with my comment. I know the work ethic. I know. College ball and high school ball are very different.

Copy that. I think you said it... Understood.

redeye

Quote from: theFlyingHog on November 20, 2015, 05:32:34 pm
Mugshots: not how we want to find out how tall players really are

If that's right, he's actually a little taller then listed.

aloha_kid

I wonder how many schools pull scholarship offers.  Even if it is consensual this would be a tough one.

dandd TD

I'd pull the offer. You recruit your own problems.

fullfan

Likely Porter and Boyd.  Pennamon still a possibility.   IMO :razorback:

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: JayBell on November 20, 2015, 04:49:08 pm
He also posted this on Wednesday:

@DevinWhite_40
Hope I don't get bashed for choosing the University that I feel is best for ME !!!
Likely why he was arrested. Wouldn't have heard a word if he was an LSU lean.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

PorkSoda

Quote from: JayBell on November 18, 2015, 09:17:20 am
Just reading other stuff, it seems like Porter and Whaley are Arkansas' best chances of getting a highly-rated running back in this class, especially with Whaley coming to Arkansas for the Mississippi State game.

White probably goes to LSU.  I don't think this staff is scared of Alabama at all, but I don't see Arkansas landing Pennamon because of the combination of his commitment to Ole Miss, Alabama's offer and the rumors of him being overweight and a little out of shape.
speaking of overweight, white is listed at 258.  surely that is a bit on the heavy side for a RB
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Scott7703

Quote from: fullfan on November 20, 2015, 06:26:34 pm
Likely Porter and Boyd.  Pennamon still a possibility.   IMO :razorback:

I think Whaley and pennamon are as likely as porter and Boyd

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Scott7703 on November 20, 2015, 07:03:04 pm
I think Whaley and pennamon are as likely as porter and Boyd
Whaley and Porter would be a dirty 1-2 punch as well. I still want Devon White.
@Slackaveli

Wildhog

I want to sign any-all of them.  Just somewhere in that range.
1909/1964/1965/1977