Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 in-state recruiting

Started by Trey1981, November 11, 2015, 03:47:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Trey1981

I haven't been able to find much on in-state recruiting (outside of looking at 247 rankings) and was wondering if anyone had feedback on whether or not this will be a light year for in-state talent.

I am far from an authority on Arkansas recruiting but like many of you try my best to keep up.  Is it too early in the process to glean much from the recruiting rankings? When will schools begin to focus heavily on '17?

Thoughts and feedback are appreciated.

redeye

I haven't heard much about 2017 players so far.  Seems like we have several who are just starting to make a name for themselves, though.

JaketheSnake

Anything?  Coaches should be visiting some 2017 prospects over the next few weeks as well as 2016.  Any instate offers yet?  Likely offers? Potential?

Beavthompson

Jonathan Adams here in Jonesboro.
Say no to drunk posts! Unless its a great idea!

hvsupastar

Thomas from Hermitage, Jackson from Parkers Chapel are both getting looks     
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

PantherHog733

November 30, 2015, 10:47:47 am #5 Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 10:59:10 am by PantherHog733
These are some of the names that have visited, stood out this season, or been given interest from Arkansas. I'm sure I missed some names, but maybe this will help.

Taylor Powell QB and Akail Byers DL from Fayetteville.
Pierre Strong RB from LR McClellan.
Josh Johnson WR from CAC.
Demekko Clark RB form Blytheville.
Cualan Williams WR from Lafayette County.
Jarrod Barnes ATH from Cabot.
Monta Thomas RB from Hermitage.
Johnathan Adams WR from Jonesboro.
Hunter Davenport LB from Lamar.
Myles Fells RB from Pulaski Robinson.
Darius Hopkins RB from Nashville.
Dezmon Jackson RB from Parkers Chapel.
Jonathan McCoy TE/DE from Camden Fairview.

AirWarren

Swine Time

Demekko Clark really put up some great numbers this season. He finished with 1918 yards rushing at 8.1 per carry and 25 tds.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3868569/highlights/253431380/v2
There's only one thing worse than a LSU fan and that's a Texas fan

Huds_HawgTide

I say we take 3 wrs and up to 2 rbs from this class
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

PantherHog733

Surely we end up with a RB from in-state next year. A lot of talent in that position.

TD6

Thomas had a great junior year, with 1,915 total yards and 27 touchdowns in 9 games.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/6826751/monta-thomas

AirWarren

Junior RB from Warren Dennis Daniels ends up with over 2000 yards on the ground. 27 touchdowns I believe.

scooby21322

I looked on 247.  It looks like we haven't even offered an Arkansas player yet?

AirWarren

scooby21322

Well, we have plenty of offers out.  This just tells me that it may be a slow year for in-state recruits.