Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Video of Hog RB target (UH lean)

Started by WizardofhOgZ, October 07, 2015, 01:50:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WizardofhOgZ

October 07, 2015, 01:50:19 pm Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 11:44:56 am by WizardofhOgZ
Everyone else that follows Razorback recruiting at all is aware of their top targets at RB.  However, one frequently mentoned as having some interest in Arkansas that I haven't paid much attention to is Kyle Porter (Katy, TX).  I ran across this video of highlights from the first 5 games of the current season, and was impressed.  Thought I'd share it with everyone here.

http://www.maxpreps.com/m/video/watch.aspx?videoid=0a61f942-a4ed-4468-9917-e1a875e62050

The_Iceman

Looks like a solid option, espeically if we miss on White and Whaley. I wouldn't be opposed to taking Porter and one of those two.

http://247sports.com/Player/Kyle-Porter-37371

Wildhog

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 07, 2015, 02:03:10 pm
Looks like a solid option, espeically if we miss on White and Whaley. I wouldn't be opposed to taking Porter and one of those two.

We're not getting White or Whaley.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

pigskenG

he looks good. like he has a little of JWill and AC in him. he already has the black shoes. sign him up !!

scruf

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 07, 2015, 02:03:10 pm

It's not like Arkansas will miss on White or Whaley, it's more like White or Whaley will miss on Arkansas.

PorkRinds

Bacon_Bitz

WorfHog

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on October 07, 2015, 03:22:40 pm
He's still probably right though

The next lottery numbers are 7-28-32-43-1.

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

arkansasrazorback

Quote from: Wildhog on October 07, 2015, 03:43:47 pm
Yeah, I probably am right.

you aren't probably right.  you are 100% right

luke hawg

I think this kid is our best realistic option.

FoozeyHog

We need to bottle the water from Katy TX, and start cooking all school lunches in NWA with it.
MODERATORS: they can move in and out of any users still hard-wired to their system. Inside the Hogville forums, they are everyone, and they are no one! We have survived by hiding from them and by running from them, but they are the gatekeepers. They are guarding all the doors, they are holding all the keys which means that sooner or later, someone is going to have to fight them.

I won't lie to you: every single man or woman who has stood their ground, everyone who has fought a moderator has died. But where they have failed, you will succeed.

I've seen a moderator punch through a concrete wall, users have emptied entire clips at them and hit nothing but air - yet their strength and their speed are still based in a world that is built on rules, because of that! they will never be as strong or as fast as you can be! -foozey

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: FoozeyHog on October 07, 2015, 05:54:08 pm
We need to bottle the water from Katy TX, and start cooking all school lunches in NWA with it.
or, we need to get the chicken darn out of ours....
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Dominicanhog

Quote from: pigskenG on October 07, 2015, 02:25:33 pm
he looks good. like he has a little of JWill and AC in him. he already has the black shoes. sign him up !!

kept saying the same thing... thought he can't pull that bounce outside in college, but he didn't get caught from behind either... is he being recruited by Nebraska?, looks like he already plays for them...

ChicoHog

October 08, 2015, 09:42:41 am #14 Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 08:42:51 pm by ChicoHog
In RD's article about him it was mentioned he does not have a twitter account and does not seek attention.  That fact makes me like him even more.  He will be tough to get as many big time schools are after him. 

Wildhog

Quote from: ChicoHog on October 08, 2015, 09:42:41 am
In RD's article about him it was mentioned he does not have a twitter account and does not seek attention.  That fact makes me like him even more.  He will be tough to get as any big time schools are after him. 

Well, we've got 200+ carries to offer as a true freshman in the SEC. 

"Come here for three years, go to the NFL."
1909/1964/1965/1977

RazorPiggie

Obviously Katys coaches didn't care what CBB had to say at that convention. I don't think I saw a single snap out of shotgun in that video. They had a FB in there too.

Whats Katy's record so far this year?

jackflash

I believe were going to have the best year in recruiting Texas. Then we have had in along time

Wildhog

Quote from: jackflash on October 08, 2015, 11:39:08 am
I believe were going to have the best year in recruiting Texas. Then we have had in along time

Based on???
1909/1964/1965/1977

Pig in the Pokey

He dances around a little too much but he does have decent feet...(i was thinking) and then Boom, the vid turns to him gashing defenses. On those plays where he hit the hole hard he was downright explosive.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

jgphillips3

There's nothing there not to like.  Good speed, north-south running (perfect for us), bounces off contact, good leg drive, very fluid runner...looks like so many backs Bielema had at Wisconsin.

770john111

Alex Collins with speed. I would be happy with that pick up

Wildhog

If we could somehow sign Porter and flip Pennamon, that'd be an outstanding haul.  Those are actually legitimate SEC RB's.
1909/1964/1965/1977

AugustaHog

I agree that pennamon and porter are much more likely.  Whaley is a complete long shot, and White seems to be set elsewhere as well.  Pennamon and Porter seem interested and open at this point.

ChicoHog

I see that White will be at the FSU/Miami game this weekend in Tallahassee. 

COCHISE

Porter received a crystal ball prediction for Arkansas yesterday but it was from Otis so take it for what it's worth.

The_Iceman

Quote from: COCHISE on October 26, 2015, 01:31:31 pm
Porter received a crystal ball prediction for Arkansas yesterday but it was from Otis so take it for what it's worth.

i certainly will.

HoopS

Quote from: RazorPiggie on October 08, 2015, 10:30:32 am
Obviously Katys coaches didn't care what CBB had to say at that convention. I don't think I saw a single snap out of shotgun in that video. They had a FB in there too.

Whats Katy's record so far this year?
8-0 in 6A. One of, if not the, best teams in Texas overall.

Wmhog

Porter and Pennamon would be excellent pick ups but dont sleep on Tray Ragas out of New Orleans.  He interestered and is having an amazing Sr. season.

scruf

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on October 07, 2015, 06:55:30 pm
or, we need to get the chicken darn out of ours....
ahahahahaha! Nice! +1

sickboy

Kid jukes so hard I'd bet the doctor had trouble squaring him up when he came out the womb.

HogWall Jackson

His OL did a Spectacular Job on that film. Last year's RB from Katy is at )OU.

jgphillips3

I really, really like this kid.  I hope he comes here.  Now, obviously if we were only taking two, everyone would want White and Whaley but, if we get only one of those two (or neither) this kid is nipping at their heels as far as I'm concerned.  I'd put him even with Pennamon as my next preference beyond W & W.

FrozenHam

Quote from: HogWall Jackson on October 26, 2015, 03:18:55 pm
His OL did a Spectacular Job on that film.

Agreed.  Really like Porter on film, LOVE his offensive line.  Huge holes in the first half of that video complemented by excellent downfield blocking, and Porter takes full advantage of it.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on October 07, 2015, 01:50:19 pm
Everyone else that follows Razorback recruiting at all is aware of their top targets at RB.  However, one frequently mentoned as having some interest in Arkansas that I haven't paid much attention to is Kyle Porter (Katy, TX).  I ran across this video of highlights from the first 5 games of the current season, and was impressed.  Thought I'd share it with everyone here.

http://www.maxpreps.com/m/video/watch.aspx?videoid=0a61f942-a4ed-4468-9917-e1a875e62050

He looked good last night  Kyle Porter gained 166 yards and two touchdowns on 16 carries in his return from injury as Katy beat Cy Ranch in a playoff game

Pig in the Pokey

whosiskid

Otis is one of the people with the highest percentage of correct predictions for Arkansas. Part of this is based on getting more info on recruits than people who cover other schools, but I think his prediction is worth quite a bit. RD has also stated that our chances are better than most people think with Whalley.

I am one of those who thinks we have a decent chance with White and I think his current legal problems - which I think will be resolved with him doing some community service - will perhaps improve our chances.

One reason I think we will get at least one of our major targets is that the coaching staff has not been turning to Plan B. Usually they have back ups that they are working at the same time as their major targets. When they were recruiting KJ Hill, they were also monitoring Dominique Reed's academics. I think they would have taken Dominique even if Hill had come to Arkansas (btw, compare the year Reed is having and the year KJ is having and you have to feel good about getting Reed). Right now they don't seem to be looking at additional running backs. They apparently seem confident that they are going to land two out of White, Whalley, Pennamon, and Porter. Or perhaps with our sudden depth at WR they have already decided to put TJ Hammonds at running back (he actually is having a more impressive year running the football than any of our remaining major targets - Hammond's yards per carry average is usually only seen in NCAA football video games played on Easy.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

scruf

Quote from: Wildhog on October 07, 2015, 02:24:57 pm
We're not getting White or Whaley.
Who cares? Plenty of other great options out there bearing other names. This staff will find a guy or guys who will go for 1000+ in this offense.

Prestworthy

Quote from: whosiskid on November 21, 2015, 11:06:03 am
Otis is one of the people with the highest percentage of correct predictions for Arkansas. Part of this is based on getting more info on recruits than people who cover other schools, but I think his prediction is worth quite a bit. RD has also stated that our chances are better than most people think with Whalley.

I am one of those who thinks we have a decent chance with White and I think his current legal problems - which I think will be resolved with him doing some community service - will perhaps improve our chances.

One reason I think we will get at least one of our major targets is that the coaching staff has not been turning to Plan B. Usually they have back ups that they are working at the same time as their major targets. When they were recruiting KJ Hill, they were also monitoring Dominique Reed's academics. I think they would have taken Dominique even if Hill had come to Arkansas (btw, compare the year Reed is having and the year KJ is having and you have to feel good about getting Reed). Right now they don't seem to be looking at additional running backs. They apparently seem confident that they are going to land two out of White, Whalley, Pennamon, and Porter. Or perhaps with our sudden depth at WR they have already decided to put TJ Hammonds at running back (he actually is having a more impressive year running the football than any of our remaining major targets - Hammond's yards per carry average is usually only seen in NCAA football video games played on Easy.
Just watched his senior highlights......wow.  Feeling better about the situation.  Speed like that is rare.

Oklahawg

Quote from: Prestworthy on November 21, 2015, 11:24:36 am
Just watched his senior highlights......wow.  Feeling better about the situation.  Speed like that is rare.

I remember last off-season someone suggested that CBB wasn't worried about speed because of his B1G pedigree. The use of Reed and Cornelius, plus the "jumps off the screen" speed of Hammonds should squash that. In fact, I suspect CBB is wanting to upgrade speed at several positions.

As we have seen of late - having a bruiser (Walker) is needed but having a game-breaker (Collins) is necessary as well.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Prestworthy

Hammonds speed and explosiveness reminds me of....dare I say it....KM.

Buck Ocean

I was at the gym this morning, watching the high school show on FS Southwest, and the Katy highlights were first.  Some runningback burst up the middle and to the outside, smoked everyone for 60 or 70 yards.  Please tell me this is the kid Porter.  Please.
Think like a Jedi

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Prestworthy on November 21, 2015, 12:27:58 pm
Hammonds speed and explosiveness reminds me of....dare I say it....KM.

looks like more moves than KM, who only showed straight line speed ...

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Buck Ocean on November 21, 2015, 03:20:43 pm
I was at the gym this morning, watching the high school show on FS Southwest, and the Katy highlights were first.  Some runningback burst up the middle and to the outside, smoked everyone for 60 or 70 yards.  Please tell me this is the kid Porter.  Please.

It was Porter

Prestworthy

Quote from: Dominicanhog on November 21, 2015, 03:25:38 pm
looks like more moves than KM, who only showed straight line speed ...
Agreed.  Hammonds cut and lost very little speed

Buck Ocean

Quote from: ImHogginIt on November 21, 2015, 03:32:09 pm
It was Porter

Im wetting my pants.  I thought it was CJ Spiller or Jeff Demps  until i seen the dude in FoxSports Southwest studio thats had big hair since i graduated highschool. 
Think like a Jedi

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Buck Ocean on November 21, 2015, 05:40:55 pm
Im wetting my pants.  I thought it was CJ Spiller or Jeff Demps  until i seen the dude in FoxSports Southwest studio thats had big hair since i graduated highschool.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.