Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ole Miss' Shea Patterson announces he's headed to Michigan

Started by jbcarol, December 12, 2017, 05:47:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Ole Miss' Shea Patterson announces he's headed to Michigan to play for Jim Harbaugh

Quote"Thank you to the wonderful people, teammates and coaches at Ole Miss," Patterson tweeted. "It is a special place and I will always have great memories of experiences in Oxford. I am now excited to announce my commitment to continue my athletic and academic career at the University of Michigan.

"It's time to go to work. #GoBlue."

Patterson gives Michigan an experienced quarterback while it continues to develop four young quarterbacks: redshirt freshman Brandon Peters, freshman Dylan McCaffrey (who will redshirt this season), and incoming freshmen Joe Milton and Kevin Doyle.

Patterson was the No. 1 quarterback recruit in the Class of 2016, and started the final three games of his true freshman season and the first seven in 2017 before suffering a season-ending knee injury against LSU.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Antonio Morales‏Verified account @AntonioCMorales

How will Shea Patterson's time at Ole Miss be remembered?

QuoteThe program he signed up for and the program he played for were totally different.

When Patterson arrived on campus as the No. 1 quarterback prospect in the country in January 2016, Ole Miss was coming off consecutive New Year's Six bowl appearances, including a Sugar Bowl win earlier that month, and a top-10 finish nationally.

The program was considered to be ascending at the time, and Patterson was supposed to help continue the upward trajectory when Chad Kelly exhausted his eligibility at the end of the 2016 season.

Instead, it has been a rapid descent.

Patterson was really good while he was on the field. He threw for 3,139 yards, 23 touchdowns and 12 interceptions and completed 60 percent of his passes in his time at Ole Miss.

He was on pace to break the single-season SEC record for passing yards for much of this season. He threw for more than 400 yards twice and eclipsed the 350-yard mark two other times.

But for circumstances out of his control, he wasn't on the field much. Patterson sat behind Kelly for the majority of his freshman season and was thrust into the starting lineup only after the senior suffered a season-ending knee injury.

His debut against Texas A&M will go down as the most memorable moment of the former five-star prospect's time at Ole Miss.

He threw for 338 yards, rushed for 64 and accounted for two scores. It was a stellar debut considering the circumstances.

There's also this complicating factor to Patterson's legacy: his injury forced JUCO transfer Jordan Ta'amu into the starting lineup, and the relatively unheralded Ta'amu had some real moments.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net