I think they're going to choose from about 10-12 different hashtags, Ray
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

Ray Piggers

Ha! Well, it seems to be leading those 10-12 others
I'm basically Darkwing Duck

Polecat

Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

HogPharmer

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Ex-Trumpet

Catch phrases just happen, kinda like nicknames.  You can't force it!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Ray Piggers on December 08, 2017, 11:57:27 am
If so, what say you? Do you approve?
I'll get back to you on that in five years  ;)

HogPharmer

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

MissippHog

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on December 08, 2017, 12:06:05 pm
#Karma

HogNTX

I think it's more #buildingchampions

Uncommon was the theme of the program (which I never understood and thought was down right dumb)

#hammerdown
#fulltiltboogie
#porkchopper
#fastest60 - if Anderson is cool with the symmetry between programs
#gamechanger - every recruit he has visited thus far he's referred to as a game changer
#bwyfa - be where your feet are
#bybed - Bring (or Be) Your Best Every Day or add ep for Every Play

Mellon Collie

Quote from: HogNTX on December 08, 2017, 12:08:16 pm

Uncommon was the theme of the program (which I never understood and thought was down right dumb)

#hammerdown
#fulltiltboogie
#porkchopper
#gamechanger - every recruit he has visited thus far he's referred to as a game changer

how about #WINGAMES

HogNTX

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

elksnort

He just said it. I guess someone will try and whore it out..

It does sound better than uncommon though.

PorkSoda

"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Donny2665

This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

Donny2665

Quote from: HogNTX on December 08, 2017, 12:08:16 pm

#hammerdown
#fulltiltboogie
#porkchopper
Full tilt boogie was Willy Robinson's phrase, no thanks on that one!
This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

BigE_23

#defensewinschampionships

I'm excited about the uptempo brand of football...but we better be able to stop people when we need to.

porkbellys

On this note, what would you guess the cost of re-branding the football operations cost?
No offence to Richard but don't be a Dick.

rljjr

That! Just! Happened!

DuckTalesLOL

Quote from: elksnort on December 08, 2017, 01:08:07 pm
He just said it. I guess someone will try and whore it out..

It does sound better than uncommon though.

Morris is also using the hashtag #hammerdown on his own Twitter page.

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: rljjr on December 08, 2017, 01:33:01 pm
That! Just! Happened!

Guess I should have been a little bit more clear...there are other posts/threads asking opinions on hashtag phrases.  They happen on their own!!

redeye

I absolutely love it!

Don't think he's the first to use it, though.

OkieBack

Quote from: redeye on December 08, 2017, 01:40:10 pm
I absolutely love it!

Don't think he's the first to use it, though.

I'll give Morris some credit for the quotes. I liked the one about how when the siren goes off on a Saturday afternoon and the game is over he wants his players sad they have to wait another week before they get to hit somebody again.  If he brings in a DC with that mentality...then yeah, let's bring the hammerdown.  Lol

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Naw. Hammerdown actually fits the culture of both Coach Morris and Arkansas as it's full of wild rebel hillbilly hellraisers.

Uncommon like Bielema was corny and forced.  Morris has a sense of humor and is put together well like a nicely balanced 392 hemi.

Everything Bielema was embarrassing. Be it the wrinkly garbage bags and flip flops he wore on national TV. Even when he wore a suit it was ill-fitting, mismatched and wrinkled with a ** tie. Coach Morris had a nicely tailored bespoke suit in a strong color palette with a classy Razorback tie. He looked, sounded and acted prepared and composed. I don't think  we'll see Morris crying during press conferences and that is a good thing.

You can't be tough and strong if you cry every 3 press conferences.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

MissippHog

Snout team

And this one did.  He said it in a sentence without any intent of it being used as the new #.

It has caught on quickly.  I think it lasts.

Time to take the "Never Yield" off the sideline of the bb court too.
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

sp84hogs

We can only hope. I'm also really hoping that "throwing the A" is dead forever as well.
"When we add up all those inches, that's gonna make the ****** difference between winning and losing, between living and dying" - Al Pacino in Any Given Sunday

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over, yet expecting different results.

PorkSoda

Quote from: #hammerdown on December 08, 2017, 01:52:34 pm
Time to take the "Never Yield" off the sideline of the bb court too.
why don't we take it out of the fight song too.  geez you guys are quick to give up tradition and hop on the latest fad.

did you come to paint?

Grizzlyfan

No more hashtags.  No more cutesy catch-phrases.  Just win some stinking ball games.

redeye

Quote from: OkieBack on December 08, 2017, 01:43:01 pm
I'll give Morris some credit for the quotes. I liked the one about how when the siren goes off on a Saturday afternoon and the game is over he wants his players sad they have to wait another week before they get to hit somebody again.  If he brings in a DC with that mentality...then yeah, let's bring the hammerdown.  Lol

He's certainly entertaining.  I'm sure we'll hear more good ones from him.

I think Todd Graham used hammer down, but we don't know who took it from who.  Either way, I know I've heard it before.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: PorkSoda on December 08, 2017, 02:03:18 pm
why don't we take it out of the fight song too.  geez you guys are quick to give up tradition and hop on the latest fad.

did you come to paint?

Otterhog said he was gonna paint a rock...

AHorseWithNoName

I hate #hammerdown    It's, as my 17 year old daughter would say, very "daddish and uncool".  Just sayin
"A man on a horse is spiritually, as well as physically, bigger than a man on foot." — John Steinbeck

OkieBack

Quote from: AHorseWithNoName on December 08, 2017, 02:43:02 pm
I hate #hammerdown    It's, as my 17 year old daughter would say, very "daddish and uncool".  Just sayin

Its uncool until the Hogs start hammeringdown 50 points a game.  What does your daughter suggest? Despacito?  My Heart is in Havana?  Lol

Thunderhog Jr

So we have a HammerDown and Vandy has AnchorDown ::)
WPS  <br />Remember the days when we were a national power??  What the Hell happened?

3of5-2

Quote from: LRHawg on December 08, 2017, 02:20:57 pm
Wow they don't waste any time, do they?
More unlicensed crap from those crooks.

arkansashogs

Let us avoid any kind of hashtags.

you dont want to hammer yourself down when you lose to a non power 5 program in the future.

Any kind of hashtags will look very silly when you are not performing well in the field. Just like Uncommon, Champions of life, etc.

Mark it.

AH

Ex-Trumpet

I liked Uncommon as I had never heard it associated with any other football team.  Then it came to represent just about everything we never wanted it to represent.  So bye, bye to Uncommon.

I like Hammerdown.  It reeks of I'm going to kick your ass and then kick it again for you letting me kick it the first time.  Or I'm going to get thrown out of this game but right after they deliver your knocked out ass to the sidelines from me curb stomping the darn right out of you, midfield.

Birminghog

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on December 08, 2017, 02:18:13 pm
No more hashtags.  No more cutesy catch-phrases.  Just win some stinking ball games.

We don't need no stinking hashtags!

https://youtu.be/PI9jFp0cnig?t=6s

HogFoo

Funny was just telling the wife yesterday that they had a lot of  rebranding needing done because i bet they switched all the Uncommon stuff to  #HammerDown   But, then again, id imagine they wont put Hammerdown on everything like they did Uncommon.   
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

Sugar Free Hog

I just realized we are not going to have to hear "The 5 phases of Arkansas" being said over and over and over.
Razorbacks-Grizzlies-Titans-Red Sox

go hogues

Quote from: Thunderhog Jr on December 08, 2017, 03:09:12 pm
So we have a HammerDown and Vandy has AnchorDown ::)
Yep. Too similar. Gotta run with something else, imo.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

WarEagleSharkFalconHawg

Who are they scouting down in Waco tonight? Anyone specific?

Lanlord

Quote from: porkbellys on December 08, 2017, 01:29:55 pm
On this note, what would you guess the cost of re-branding the football operations cost?

Not near as much as Beliema's buyout

LRHog

Quote from: BigE_23 on December 08, 2017, 01:24:22 pm
#defensewinschampionships

I'm excited about the uptempo brand of football...but we better be able to stop people when we need to.

Actually statistics prove that nearly 50% of the time the offense is successful on the critical down that could determine a game, thus the defense has the same odds. Just gotta be better at the right time. :)