Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ole Miss Staff Additions trump Arkansas?

Started by Randy Beaver, January 23, 2018, 09:55:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy Beaver

My MIL told me this morning that she read on her tablet that Ole Miss coach Matt Luke has added Jon Sumrall to his staff as the new linebackers coach.  This has got me to wondering if he is former NFL commentator Pat Sumrall's son.  Anybody know?  My wife and I haven't followed NFL football a great deal.  But this past year, we have decided to watch an NFL game each day to try to learn more about the game.  A friend of ours has several old games that he has recorded from FOX and CBS.  We have borrowed them, and we thoroughly enjoy listening to Pat Sumrall and Jon Madden calling the games in the announcer's booth.  We wish they still called games on Sunday.  Much better than who calls them now.  The Cowboy teams from the early 90s are our favorite teams to watch.  I have read that Barry Switzer and Jimmy Johnson have Razorback ties.  I like Johnson better as a Cowboy coach, but my wife likes Switzer's personality and fire better. She would love to meat him someday.  On a side note, my MIL said this morning that Matt Luke's face resembles that of a Cabbage Patch Kid.

steveaustin69

Quote from: Randy Beaver on January 23, 2018, 09:55:07 am
My MIL told me this morning that she read on her tablet that Ole Miss coach Matt Luke has added Jon Sumrall to his staff as the new linebackers coach.  This has got me to wondering if he is former NFL commentator Pat Sumrall's son.  Anybody know?  My wife and I haven't followed NFL football a great deal.  But this past year, we have decided to watch an NFL game each day to try to learn more about the game.  A friend of ours has several old games that he has recorded from FOX and CBS.  We have borrowed them, and we thoroughly enjoy listening to Pat Sumrall and Jon Madden calling the games in the announcer's booth.  We wish they still called games on Sunday.  Much better than who calls them now.  The Cowboy teams from the early 90s are our favorite teams to watch.  I have read that Barry Switzer and Jimmy Johnson have Razorback ties.  I like Johnson better as a Cowboy coach, but my wife likes Switzer's personality and fire better. She would love to meat him someday.  On a side note, my MIL said this morning that Matt Luke's face resembles that of a Cabbage Patch Kid.

Quote from: Randy Beaver on January 19, 2018, 12:55:11 pm
I have only been to one game at Reynolds Stadium since moving to the area.  Really didn't explore the concessions area a whole lot.  Can any of you tell me of the specialty candy options at the stadium?  My wife and mother-in-law make custom specialty candies in their spare time, and we are interested in possibly having a concession stand in the Stadium.  Old English Toffee is their best and most popular item with our friends.  Any of you that don't know, English toffee is butter and sugar mixed together that is poured out to cool.  After it cools, you break it into pieces, dip it in chocolate, and roll it in nuts.  They also have some specialty candies that I believe would be popular.   Do any of you know who I could contact to discuss this with?

Quote from: Randy Beaver on January 15, 2018, 08:43:11 am
I know he said they plan to focus more on speed and conditioning.  How will he test that program to know that it is working and it is best for our team?  Does anybody know?  Or will they simply wait for us to play big, physical teams like Bama, LSU, and Georgia to measure it?  And if they push us all over the field, then we know we aren't strong enough.  I hope he is more proactive than that.  Here's an example from my own life that relates.  I told you guys in an earlier post about me passing the Presidential Physical Fitness Test.  I had seen our neighborhood elementary school doing it, so I talked to the gym teacher about it.  She gave me the test battery, and I took it home and had Evelyn to count for me and time me.  Here were my results:  I passed the following tests with flying colors, pull-ups, curl-ups, mile run, and sit&reach.  I was over the 95th percentile in all of those.  However, I was only in the 85th percentile on the Shuttle Run  which barely meets the standard. I was happy I passed so I made no adjustments to my morning fitness regimen.  However, last week I decided that I must try to improve myself.  I really was not getting enough explosive stop and go exercises in my morning routine to excel in something like the shuttle run.  So I decided to add an exercise to the routine.  My mailbox and my neighbors mailbox are directly across the street from each other.  So now, each morning, I sprint back and forth from my mailbox to his and bend down and touch the base of the mailbox each time.  I do 5 one minute sets of this.  I believe this will really help my explosiveness if I stick with it. After 5 days, my wife has already said my bum looks to be tighter and lifted up a little. Anyway, hopefully Coach Carroll has a way to test the players to make sure program is working before entering SEC play.  By the way, you guys missed a great discussion Friday night at the Springdale Applebee's.  A good time was had by all.

Your shtick isn't humorous.

Hoggish1

Randy Beaver

steveaustin69

And your name is very alarming, whether your name is Steve Austin or not........

WOOPIGDOOIE

I'm sure the feeling is mutual

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

That saved you from a smite, eventhough the rest of that crap is definitely smite worthy
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

texas tush hog

Well if so, he changed his last name. Pat Summerall was from Arkansas and probably hates Ole Miss as much as I do.

greenEGnHAWGS

Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

AirWarren

Great post.

theFlyingHog

If your wife wants to meat another guy I'd consider divorce. JMO.

hogcards

"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

PharmacistHog

Guy tries to bring some news to the board and ya'll just attack him.  Pathetic. 
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

snoblind

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 23, 2018, 10:45:08 am
Guy tries to bring some news to the board and ya'll just attack him.  Pathetic. 

Just not as funny as his brother Rancid.

Mjs84

What the hell is going on?  Is OP trying to be funny?

Razorbackers

Cotton

Quote from: hogcards on January 23, 2018, 10:42:48 am
What's a MIL? Did you leave off an F?
Best post in any Randy Beaver thread thus far!
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

DeltaBoy

Well I am not worried about Ole Myth.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

DiamondHogFan

Johnny Bobo

Inhogswetrust

I don't know who this Pat Sumrall is. Never heard of him. I have heard of a guy named Pat Summerall. He is also a former Hog.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: texas tush hog on January 23, 2018, 10:23:06 am

Well if so, he changed his last name. Pat Summerall was from Arkansas and probably hates Ole Miss as much as I do.

Not hates old miss.............hated..........He's unfortunately dead.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

King Kong

For the record Razorback Great Pat Summerall has no relation to Jon Sumrall

Randy Beaver

Quote from: King Kong on January 23, 2018, 11:49:38 am
For the record Razorback Great Pat Summerall has no relation to Jon Sumrall

I am fully aware that Pat was a former Razorback football player.  Why else would I have posted this in the Razorback football forum?  I was just wondering if he and Jon Sumrall are related.  Finally an answer to me question.  Thank you
K squared.

King Kong

Quote from: Randy Beaver on January 23, 2018, 11:57:31 am
I am fully aware that Pat was a former Razorback football player.  Why else would I have posted this in the Razorback football forum?  I was just wondering if he and Jon Sumrall are related.  Finally an answer to me question.  Thank you
K squared.

Glad I could Sum that up for you

Busta_Nutt

Quote from: Randy Beaver on January 23, 2018, 11:57:31 am
K squared.

You couldn't initially figure that out by noticing that the last names are spelled differently?

stronguard

Make sure you get those VHS tapes back to their rightful owner.  Thanks in advance
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

hawg1221

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: Busta_Nutt on January 23, 2018, 12:09:44 pm
You couldn't initially figure that out by noticing that the last names are spelled differently?
He's not a good speller.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: hawg1221 on January 23, 2018, 12:26:18 pm
Mother-In-Law

Beat me to it. However, the other angle is what keeps this board interesting.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

SooieGeneris

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on January 23, 2018, 11:09:49 am
What does Trump have to do with this?

Well, he does reportedly have a thing for "randy beavers."

KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

BigSexyHog

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Hog N Bama

texas tush hog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 23, 2018, 11:40:20 am
Not hates old miss.............hated..........He's unfortunately dead.

Not sure about that. I will hate Ole Miss from the grave and Pat probably will too.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Little Lady Back

#NolanRichardsonCourt

PonderinHog

Jimbob111

Quote from: stronguard on January 23, 2018, 12:13:43 pm
Make sure you get those VHS tapes back to their rightful owner.  Thanks in advance

And for the love of all that is holy, be kind, please rewind.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

MasterChiefHog

Quote from: hawg1221 on January 23, 2018, 12:26:18 pm
Mother-In-Law
I read everything on this board for this answer! Thanks. Must have missed it somewhere.

Randy, please tell me another story. Do you have any pets you can tell us about?
Quote from: oldman1015 on December 28, 2017, 11:40:00 am
Having a bad day or always a dick?
Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on December 06, 2019, 09:39:55 am
Sorry fo any misspells or paragraph s. I m on a scaffold.
Quote from: Hogwild on October 18, 2018, 08:23:47 amSince we are being optimistic, let's go full tilt boogie! If we win out, Ole Miss wins out, and Bama loses out. Then all we need is Miss. State to win against LSU & Texas A&M, and then have the Aggies upset LSU. 
And then we are hanging an SEC WEST Champion banner.

stronguard

Quote from: Jimbob111 on January 23, 2018, 02:27:06 pm
And for the love of all that is holy, be kind, please rewind.

That should go without saying.... but Im glad you said it anyway.  Nothing worse than getting VHS tapes returned unrewound.  When that happened I just gave them a weeks worth of late charges.
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

Swestwill66

Ya'll are being hard on the beaver today!

bob slydell

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 23, 2018, 02:17:17 pm
MILILF ???

They show a picture of my MIL at the emergency room as the antidote to the erection that lasts 4 hours.
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

WBOBO

Quote from: Bob Slydell on January 23, 2018, 03:47:20 pm
They show a picture of my MIL at the emergency room as the antidote to the erection that lasts 4 hours.
Now that is Funny right there.  I just spewed tea on my computer screen.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

redeye

Quote from: Randy Beaver on January 23, 2018, 10:09:13 am
steveaustin69

And your name is very alarming, whether your name is Steve Austin or not........

I think it's Steveau Stin.   Apparently he's French.

Hey, did you know that French Fries are an American dish?  I saw this on the Food Network and couldn't believe my eyes.  My FIL said it surprised him, too.  Why do you think they named American Fries after the French?  I've always wondered about that.  Maybe one day I can drive to France and ask them? You could come with me and bring some of those English Toffees, although ....