Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Beard interviewing at UNLV today (TTech lean)

Started by Karma, March 26, 2016, 02:01:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wayne Watson

Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

GolfNut57

Good luck to Beard. Hope the Rebels hire him.  ;)
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

He took the job. Not that the mods care.

Inhogswetrust

If true that didn't last long. Good luck to him.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

GolfNut57

Quote from: Karma on March 28, 2016, 12:00:48 am
He took the job. Not that the mods care.

I haven't heard it was a sure thing yet. Vandy has also been rumored to be interested in him since they lost their basketball coach.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

AirWarren

hoglady

Hate this for UALR and the players Beard brought in.
Understandable for Beard, happy for him and thankful for the fantastic season he gave UALR fans - it's been a really long time.
Feel sorry for the coach that follows him - tough act to follow.

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2016/mar/28/reports-beard-unlv-near-deal-20160328/?f=sports
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

JackMcQueen

2 SEC titles, 4 SEC West titles, 28 NCAA Tournaments, 6 NCAA Super Regionals, 8 College World Series
THIS...IS...BASEBALL!

hoglady

Well - all you can say is he left the program in better shape than when he got here.
That's really all you can ask for.
Good Luck to Beard and UNLV just added a fan.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

Jackrabbit Hog

T'was the right move for him.  UNLV has tradition and resources.  He can legitimately contend there on a consistent basis.  He did what Mike Newell didn't; he struck while the iron was hot.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

hoglady

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 29, 2016, 08:18:22 am
T'was the right move for him.  UNLV has tradition and resources.  He can legitimately contend there on a consistent basis.  He did what Mike Newell didn't; he struck while the iron was hot.

I've wondered through the years how many times Mike Newell has kicked himself for turning down that Marquette job.

TrueBlue

Beard better win quickly. UNLV is like Arkansas, trying to recapture their "glory years". Also, the old regiment is not too happy about Stacy Augmon getting passed over.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/unlv-rebels/basketball/stacey-augmon-goes-silent-after-being-passed-over-unlv-job

http://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/unlv-rebels/basketball/stacey-augmon-s-campaign-unlv-job-supported-ad-rj

When you have the "faces" of the glory years supporting Augmon (Larry Johnson, Greg Anthony, etc..) , they will quickly pounce on Beard if he is not successful.

Fact is, I wished we could have kept Beard, but we will have to pony up more than $230,000 a year to keep a good coach. UNLV was throwing around $1.5 to the St. Mary's coach (which turned them down).

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 29, 2016, 08:18:22 am
Quote from: hoglady on March 29, 2016, 09:58:08 am
I've wondered through the years how many times Mike Newell has kicked himself for turning down that Marquette job.

Yep Mike missed it and wound up at Lamar.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.