Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Little Rock

Started by lynbug, March 13, 2016, 01:35:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: hoglady on March 19, 2016, 05:03:52 pm
Thought some of you might find this interesting I know I did.

On Tigerdroppings one of their posters is a teacher at Airline in Bossier City.
He said Hagins wasn't in his class but he would come by every afternoon to visit because Hagins was a huge Razorback fan - and this guy had a bunch of Hog stuff in his classroom.
Anyway they forged a friendship because they both loved the Hogs.

I thought that was a pretty cool story.

Sounds like you're trying to broke a peace deal here. 

It is a cool story though.  It's amazing where you'll find Hog fans, all over this country.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

hoglady

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 19, 2016, 05:08:20 pm
Sounds like you're trying to broke a peace deal here. 

It is a cool story though.  It's amazing where you'll find Hog fans, all over this country.

I grew up in Bossier City and went to Airline.
There were quite a few Hog fans in the area when I lived there - lots of folks that grew up in Arkansas.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Jackrabbit Hog

Slow start by the Trojans but they're heating up now.  They'll have to shoot well to win this one.
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Atlhogfan1

Officials letting LR be physical with Niang. 

LR is having to work way too hard comparatively for points. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Jackrabbit Hog

I understand playing slow and trying to control the tempo, but they are gonna have to stop running the shot clock down to :01 and throwing up desperation 3s every possession.

razCzar

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 19, 2016, 05:27:11 pm
I understand playing slow and trying to control the tempo, but they are gonna have to stop running the shot clock down to :01 and throwing up desperation 3s every possession.
Yeah, don't understand that.  Not the way they usually play it.

But the Iowa State defense has a lot to do with that.

hoglady

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 19, 2016, 05:27:11 pm

I know - Iowa St doing a good job on Hagins.
They are a slow starting team - I don't know why, but just about every game I've been to they've started slow. It's time to pick it up and start hitting some shots.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

Buff

Jackrabbit Hog

Really bad last couple of minutes for UALR.  Looks like they're gonna be down double digits at halftime. 

hoglady

Quote from: Buff on March 19, 2016, 05:44:43 pm
can't buy a shot

And then Naig sp? is just on fire right now for Iowa St.
Little Rock has had some really good looks from 3 just nothing going down.
Hagins has done a good job distributing the ball to the open shooter.

Mr. Porkleone

Glad Iowa State blowing out Trojans.

HamSammich

Iowa state is really good guys. I have them picked to win the whole thing.

HamSammich

Niang wouldn't know a left hand if it grew out of his arse and slapped him.

TomBigBeeHog

Little Rock down big right now. Need to make a move to cut the lead, especially after Iowa State kid tried reverse dunk with them up 20 and 12 minutes left.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

hoglady

Little Rock just looks wore out - that and Iowa St. is really good.

Buff

2OT looks like it wore LR down just enough.  Even if they were fresh, Iowa State is a hard team to keep off the scoreboard.  Wish LR had started hitting these 3s earlier in the game.

Still, doubt anyone is going to talk about anything Little Rock failed at in this game.  Sometimes talent wins no matter what.  Great season though.

hobhog

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on March 19, 2016, 05:54:37 pm
Glad Iowa State blowing out Trojans.

Because you hate the city? Hate small schools? Cinderella stories?

You sound like a really cool guy.....

Buff

Quote from: hobhog on March 19, 2016, 07:10:16 pm

Such a big super awesome Hog fan (in his own mind) that he can't stand seeing success for any other programs.

Or mentally-challenged ASU fan.

razCzar

Started watching UALR about ten weeks ago, finding them easy to get into.  And it only got better.

Some darn good basketball along the way.  They did Arkansas - the state - proud.

Way to go, Trojans!

Hoggy Hogalot

Sorry to see them lose. They had a good season. Reppin the state good.

TomBigBeeHog

Congrats Little Rock. Hope to see you back in the dance next year.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

hobhog

Fun season. Good distraction....

bythelake

I  think that beard should be fired,  no excuse for being blown out.  Team looked tired and outmatched. 👌  sarcasm off.

Farmer Hogget

Quote from: Buff on March 19, 2016, 07:13:06 pm
Such a big super awesome Hog fan (in his own mind) that he can't stand seeing success for any other programs.

Or mentally-challenged ASU fan.

So, because someone doesn't like the Yew-lure Condoms, they can't stand seeing success for any other program or their mentally-challenged?

Might want to reassess who is mentally-challenged.

hoglady

I'm not disappointed.
These guys had a fantastic season and they should hold their heads high and be proud.
Iowa St was just a much better team and they had a great shooting night.
The emotional high and 2 OT's took something out of the Trojans, looked like they had dead legs.
Hope Beard sticks around - they have a chance to be pretty good next year, too.
I'm excited about Shoshi - still learning and hopefully will get a little stronger over the summer.
He played a lot better than I thought he would against much stronger players inside.

Mr. Porkleone

Quote from: hobhog on March 19, 2016, 07:10:16 pm

my many friends think so, especially during football season from my suite during football season. You think Duke roots for UNC.  you sound like a politically correct liberal who supports everything because it's the right thing to do.

hobhog

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on March 19, 2016, 07:41:53 pm
So, because someone doesn't like the Yew-lure Condoms, they can't stand seeing success for any other program or their mentally-challenged?

Might want to reassess who is mentally-challenged.

Haters gonna hate.

Little Rock Trojans had a great season. Glad it made you miserable.

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on March 19, 2016, 07:52:42 pm
my many friends think so, especially during football season from my suite during football season. You think Duke roots for UNC.  you sound like a politically correct liberal who supports everything because it's the right thing to do.
So you consider UALR to be Arkansas' arch rival?

hobhog

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on March 19, 2016, 07:52:42 pm

Now THATS funny!

If you only knew.

Regardless: Great season Trojans.

hobhog

Quote from: Karma on March 19, 2016, 07:59:01 pm
So you consider UALR to be Arkansas' arch rival?

Hey! Leave him alone! He has many friends and has a suite!

Sed76

Duke and North Carolina are rivals in the same conference so of course they don't cheer for another. UALR and the Razorback both represent the state of Arkansas. They don't play each other and aren't rivals so it makes no sense to be so hateful towards them no matter where you sit during football games.

HamSammich

Quote from: hobhog on March 19, 2016, 08:01:17 pm
Now THATS funny!

If you only knew.

Yeah I snorted my beverage.

That post says a lot period.

Earl

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 19, 2016, 11:30:54 am
This thread reminds me of back in high school, when your buddy got a new girlfriend and she was a smoking hot babe that liked to have fun.  She was the new girl that had moved to your town from some other state.  You watched your best friend with her all around town, knowing that not only you but everybody else was staring at them, all wishing they were your friend.  Then you looked at your girlfriend that you had grown comfortable with because of how long you had been together.  She was safe and familiar, but she was also plain and unexciting.  To put it bluntly, when compared to your buddy's girl, she was homely.  So your emotions started vacillating between jealousy, anger, frustration, and longing.  You found yourself fantasizing about how cool it would be to have your buddy's girlfriend, all the things you'd do with her and all the places you'd go together.  But then reality would set in, you'd look at your girlfriend, and you just knew that you'd spend the weekend watching chick flicks on Lifetime Network together, while your buddy was out parking with his hot chick.  Eventually you started hating your buddy and saying bad things about him, just because of his hot girlfriend.  And you were miserable.

Not like that ever happened to me or anything like that....

Stupid...STUPID

Mr. Porkleone

Quote from: hobhog on March 19, 2016, 08:01:17 pm
Now THATS funny!

If you only knew.

I'm just messing with you.  But seriously. My disdain has to do with mostly family constantly egging the story of how poor hogs are and how good UALR is. Agree. Great season. 30 wins is awesome.

Pretty weak to move this thread out of jump ball

Farmer Hogget

Quote from: hobhog on March 19, 2016, 07:58:02 pm
Haters gonna hate.

Little Rock Trojans had a great season. Glad it made you miserable.

I couldn't care less about the Yew-lure Condoms.  That make me miserable not at all.  People who insult others for not liking what they like, however, annoy the hell out of me.

razCzar

Quote from: Karma on March 19, 2016, 08:42:21 pm
Pretty weak to move this thread out of jump ball

You knew they would eventually move it, but the timing was poor.  Could have at least kept it convenient? over at JB until the post-game discussion cooled down.  I thought the premise of a fan board was to keep rather hot topics like this in front of their members/audience.  Instead, sending thread here just spelled its quick ending.

TrueBlue

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on March 19, 2016, 09:36:59 pm
I couldn't care less about the Yew-lure Condoms.  That make me miserable not at all.  People who insult others for not liking what they like, however, annoy the hell out of me.

Example of a person that leads a miserable existence of a life.

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on March 19, 2016, 09:36:59 pm

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on January 03, 2016, 05:46:24 pm
I am truly amazed at how angry people get over basketball. . .BASKETBALL!  LOL.

Sleep it off Einstein... And you should take your own advice. Putting down Little Rock makes you look like a petty trick and it's not a good look. You are better than this...

DeltaBoy

Tough loss but they looked wore out from beating Purdue and ISU shot lights out,.  Hope to see them back at the Dance next year.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

OldCoot

Really, really, good job.  What looks like an overnight sensation actually took a few years to build with the addition of the Jack Stephens Center.