Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Little Rock

Started by lynbug, March 13, 2016, 01:35:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HamSammich

Quote from: hoglady on March 17, 2016, 05:08:42 pm
Fisher has been good to UALR, not surprised to see him at the game.
Parkview coaches had to absolutely beg Jim Platt to offer Fisher a scholarship.
He sure exceeded most folks expectations coming out of high school - but the Parkview coaches believed in him.

Im just a little jaded... His little small chucky butt dunked on me in HS.

alohawg

Talent disparity, 'bout it.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

HamSammich

Quote from: alohawg on March 17, 2016, 05:23:33 pm
Talent disparity, 'bout it.

Size and talent. Love the motor this 12 seed has though. They have little chance of coming back but was a good game to watch.

I hope basketball comes back big time for the hogs and trojans next year.

Atlhogfan1

Missing that shotmaker necessary to pull off this kind of an upset. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

jdunhog

one of the advantages to being in the sun belt. They would finish about 11 in SEC!

HamSammich

OOOOOHHHHHHH SNAPPPPP!!!!

Look at UALR GO!!!!!

Making me proud to be an Arkansan by birth@!

jdunhog

Purdue would finish about 8th in SEC.  Way overrated

Knot2brite

LR plays pressure defense but they rotate back very well.
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Oliver

Quote from: jdunhog on March 17, 2016, 05:45:04 pm
Purdue would finish about 8th in SEC.  Way overrated

I think it's closer to UALR would finish third in the SEC.

HamSammich

Adrian Brody with the three!!!!! Holy Cow!

Hogz87

UALR hits an insane 3 to tie the game and ultimately force OT.

Boneheaded play by the Purdue player at the end of the game to just stand there and hold the ball for a couple of seconds.

Knot2brite

Holy smokes....Purdue might just give the game to LR...

HamSammich

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 17, 2016, 05:33:36 pm
Missing that shotmaker necessary to pull off this kind of an upset.

#3 might be their huckleberry !

Hog Fan from Camden

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

mckinneyhog5

Let's play Some OT! reminds me of the older Trojan teams that made the dance.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

HamSammich

Purdue may win but right now I see 5 guys in white afraid to dribble !!!

panhandlepig

What a game. Come on Little Rock!

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Hogz87

UALR should've been shooting 2 FTs there with a chance to go up by 3.

WorfHog

Little Rock's doing what Arkansas would like to do. Playing tempo, trapping, great half court defense.

Atlhogfan1

Two wasted possessions.  Got to take the shot and not drop that off at that point. 

HamSammich

Quote from: WorfHog on March 17, 2016, 06:01:07 pm
Little Rock's doing what Arkansas would like to do. Playing tempo, trapping, great half court defense.

I think you are right which is strange because I really believe at every position the hogs are bigger and faster.

HamSammich

I dunno that kids name but he has driven to the basket and lost it to the trees all game. Killing ualr

Hogz87

UALR should've been shooting FTs a couple of minutes ago.  Not sure how that foul on Purdue was a player control foul, but whatever. 

Regardless, UALR had multiple opportunities to push their lead out to 3 or 5 points and didn't capitalize. 

SooiecidetillNuttgone

If UALR loses this game it will be due to being overly conservative on offense during the OT.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Atlhogfan1

3 bad offensive possessions.  Hoping to be bailed out with a foul on the last one. 

Knot2brite

LR needs to attack the rim every possession. They are quicker and more active than Purdue....got to put the pressure on Purdue

intelligence

well folks its all but over. UALR sit on their hands during the final 2 minutes, allowing purdue to take the lead. they are out of gas and coach shows his inexperience.

HamSammich

I still might believe!

Atlhogfan1

Where was that attack the last 4 possessions? 

Hogz87

Knot2brite

Well five more minutes to change what they didn't do right the last five

Maddhog

Second Overtime!!   
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

alohawg

Come on Little Rock!
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Maddhog

WorfHog

Quote from: HamSammich on March 17, 2016, 06:02:44 pm
I think you are right which is strange because I really believe at every position the hogs are bigger and faster.

If it's not the players, it must be something else...

HamSammich

Quote from: Knot2brite on March 17, 2016, 06:11:47 pm
Well five more minutes to change what they didn't do right the last five

A 12 seed taking a 5 seed to double overtime. Lol I'm not sure what they have done so wrong.

Heck ova game

Maddhog

Purdue is looking tired. 

HamSammich

THEY GOTS NO LEGS ROCK!!!

Hogz87

UALR up by 5 with 2:50 to go.

Knot2brite

Quote from: HamSammich on March 17, 2016, 06:13:19 pm

A 12 seed taking a 5 seed to double overtime. Lol I'm not sure what they have done so wrong.

Heck ova game
They stopped doing what they did to get back in the game ....I was in jr high when UALR beat Notre Dame and should have beat NC State...this brings back great memories for me

TomasPistola

Quote from: HamSammich on March 17, 2016, 06:15:08 pm
THEY GOTS NO LEGS ROCK!!!

Don't let that bastard breathe!
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Hogz87

This would kill my bracket.  I really liked UALR as a potential Cinderella, but I thought Purdue was a terrible matchup for them with all their size and UALR's lack of size.  I have Purdue in the Sweet 16 and in one bracket I even had them beating UVA to make the Elite 8. 

Hogz87

ULAR has possession, up 5, and they rush a 3 and Purdue gets a leak out uncontested layup to make it a two point game.

Atlhogfan1

That was dumb.  Smart efficient possessions LR. 

HamSammich

Oh my, Adrian Brody needs to hit the weight room

Knot2brite

Make them earn those points

HamSammich

Number zero for ualr is like a poor mans one legged Charles Barkley

intelligence

Quote from: HamSammich on March 17, 2016, 06:20:00 pm
Number zero for ualr is like a poor mans one legged Charles Barkley
lol, how does that work exactly??