Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Little Rock goes to 27-3

Started by MICHAELSPAPPY, March 01, 2016, 09:43:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HoopS

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 02, 2016, 12:47:26 pm
Of what? 
reasons why we won't be allowed to enjoy UALR's success. It will be used to jab in our eye every chance someone gets.

Uncommon

I swear the purpose of this forum used to be "Discuss the Razorback Basketball team in this forum".

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: HoopS on March 02, 2016, 12:50:22 pm
reasons why we won't be allowed to enjoy UALR's success. It will be used to jab in our eye every chance someone gets.

Probably by a few even though the programs' situations aren't comparable.  I don't think it was the OP's intention.  The few posters who did it should be moderated and have their posts removed as should the unnecessary attacks on UALR.  I don't mind being informed of and discussing UALR during tourney time. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

HoopS

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 02, 2016, 12:57:10 pm
Probably by a few even though the programs' situations aren't comparable.  I don't think it was the OP's intention.  The few posters who did it should be moderated and have their posts removed as should the unnecessary attacks on UALR.  I don't mind being informed of and discussing UALR during tourney time. 
this is a Hog forum though. So it was posted here and left here, amid Hog fans.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: HoopS on March 02, 2016, 12:58:46 pm
this is a Hog forum though. So it was posted here and left here, amid Hog fans.

Why so sensitive?  It isn't like we have much going on.  Discussions have pretty much died except the hyping of the incoming class. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

HoopS

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 02, 2016, 01:02:16 pm
Why so sensitive?  It isn't like we have much going on.  Discussions have pretty much died except the hyping of the incoming class. 
Sensitive?

Someone else asked about the forum. I'm just saying it was posted here and allowed to stay here so clearly they aren't too worried about it not being Hog related. Doesn't really bother me either way.

Edit -- I don't see that post anymore. Oh well.

hogsanity

Quote from: HoopS on March 02, 2016, 12:23:06 pm
exhibit A as to why we won't be allowed to enjoy UALR's success.

I did not bring up UALR's conference. No, it is not good. No, they likely don't make the NCAAT unless they win the conf tournament. There are leagues like that every year. But they are 27-3, and in this day and age of college basketball, I don't care how lousy your league is, that's still pretty good.

But if it is so easy to dominate a lousy league, when you are on par with them as far as facilities, budget, etc, then teams in other lousy leagues, when they are on par with facilities, budgets, etc, should be able to dominate that lousy league.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

wheelspigharvey

Quote from: hogsanity on March 02, 2016, 12:12:04 pm
So dominating a horrible conference is easy?  Huh, too bad another team in the state could not have dominated the terrible league they are in as well.

A terrible league would be one where you're playing for the only bid available, so you must not be talking about this team.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: hoglady on March 02, 2016, 11:54:55 am
I've been a Trojan fan and gone to their games since Ron Kestenbaum was coach (that was before Newell).

Remember Happy Mahfouz before Kestenbaum?  He looked like Paulie Walnuts from the Sopranos.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

HoopS

Quote from: hogsanity on March 02, 2016, 01:30:12 pm
I did not bring up UALR's conference. No, it is not good. No, they likely don't make the NCAAT unless they win the conf tournament. There are leagues like that every year. But they are 27-3, and in this day and age of college basketball, I don't care how lousy your league is, that's still pretty good.

But if it is so easy to dominate a lousy league, when you are on par with them as far as facilities, budget, etc, then teams in other lousy leagues, when they are on par with facilities, budgets, etc, should be able to dominate that lousy league.
funny but I don't remember you singing that tune while we racked up 27 last year.

AirWarren

code red

Quote from: jdlew on March 01, 2016, 10:42:56 pm

The guy can coach!!!
And he coaches an little defense too!!!!  What a innovative concept.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

hoglady

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 02, 2016, 01:43:18 pm
Remember Happy Mahfouz before Kestenbaum?  He looked like Paulie Walnuts from the Sopranos.

I don't remember him.
Kestenbaum was coach when I first started going to the games.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 02, 2016, 10:22:14 am
I remember the excitement that followed the Mike Newell team that was led by Myron Jackson and Pete Myers and played its home games in the Statehouse Convention Center.  I went to a few of those games.  It was at the beginning of Nolan's tenure at UA and the Hogs were down, so UALR was what the state had to offer.  That team beat Notre Dame in the Big Dance, then had NC State down in double OT until finally running out of gas.  Even though I'm a lifelong Hog fan, I recall that I didn't feel the least bit sorry that I was rooting for the Trojans to do well.  It's not mutually exclusive.

Yep Mike did a great job and had a good run in the mid to late 1980's
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.