Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Little Rock goes to 27-3

Started by MICHAELSPAPPY, March 01, 2016, 09:43:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MICHAELSPAPPY

New program record for wins. Trojans committed ONE turnover.

Breems

Are they going to the tourney?
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

HogBreath

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on March 01, 2016, 09:43:33 pm
I've been hearing a lot about that magical 27 win season.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

poloprince

Congrats to UALR.  :razorback:
$PoLoPrInCe$

HOGINTENNESSEE

SexyBeast77

This seems impossible. It takes 6 years to turn around a program according to
FCJ/Breems/BBStheman/Wheelspigharvey/TomBigBeeHog/MikeIrwin/Tom Bennett/-Blu  MATH :)

HogBreath

Quote from: SexyBeast77 on March 01, 2016, 10:05:06 pm
This seems impossible. It takes 6 years to turn around a program according to
FCJ/Breems/BBStheman/Wheelspigharvey/TomBigBeeHog/MikeIrwin/Tom Bennett/-Blu  MATH :)
UALR just got lucky because they didn't have anyone punkin' them.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

jdlew

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on March 01, 2016, 09:43:33 pm

The guy can coach!!!

hoglady

Just got back from the game.
UALR women beat ASU - they started the season pretty rough, but have now turned it around and won 12 straight.
UALR men played a great game tonight - ASU played well and shot well, they were on fire for a while.
Fun time at Jack Stephens tonight, nice crowd of 5,600.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Captain Morgan

Well on HV 27 win seasons are the pinnacle.  ;)

wheelspigharvey

Good for them though.  I'd never root for them against the Hogs, but good for them.  We'll see how far they go.

TomBigBeeHog

Another  UALR thread?  Should be in general sports.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

jry04

I will definitely be rooting for them. Cool story. They probably need to make their conference tourney championship game to feel comfortable if they fail to win the whole thing and get the auto bid. Luckily, this bubble is extremely weak, and there are 2 NCAAT teams who won't be in the NCAAT (SMU & Louisville). That frees up a few spots that typically wouldn't be free in both the NCAAT and the NIT.

Drop the Mike

I still don't understand why they are playing in little rock? They should move their games to Fayetteville

CallMeAl

Give me 10-12 reasons what UALR basketball has any business on an Arkansas Razorback hoops forum. We haven't played them. I'm glad they are representing the state in a good manner and wish them the best. But until we meet or they beat a highly ranked team, they really have no value here.  ???
Hog since birth.

Hawg Red

The insecurity of some of our fans is concerning.

Biggus Piggus

Too bad LR plays such a crap schedule. They have played three games against the top 50, five vs. the top 100. An appalling 19 games on their schedule are against either teams rated below 200th, or teams that aren't even in Division I. And they even lost one of those games, went to overtime against another.

Nice job of dominating a horrible conference, but it's very hard to tell how good they are. They will get murdered by a strong inside team in the NCAAT, if they don't get upset in the conference tournament.
[CENSORED]!

wheelspigharvey

Quote from: Drop the Mike on March 02, 2016, 08:13:13 am
I still don't understand why they are playing in little rock? They should move their games to Fayetteville

Why post here if you're not a hog fan

DeltaBoy

Congrats to the Trojans I know Lanny is as proud as I am. I sure hope we can keep this boy as our coach a few more years.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hobhog

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 02, 2016, 08:30:24 am
Too bad LR plays such a crap schedule. They have played three games against the top 50, five vs. the top 100. An appalling 19 games on their schedule are against either teams rated below 200th, or teams that aren't even in Division I. And they even lost one of those games, went to overtime against another.

Nice job of dominating a horrible conference, but it's very hard to tell how good they are. They will get murdered by a strong inside team in the NCAAT, if they don't get upset in the conference tournament.

It is strange that they don't try to book stronger OOC games. Have nothing to lose and be great exposure.

Regardless- imagine coach Beard will get hired away and Trojans will have to start all over. Shame.

Lanny

Quote from: DeltaBoy on March 02, 2016, 08:36:13 am
Congrats to the Trojans I know Lanny is as proud as I am. I sure hope we can keep this boy as our coach a few more years.
He's gone
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

TomBigBeeHog

That schedule was not challenging at all. Have to wait until postseason to see how they do. They might have a chance to advance a round or 2 in the NIT.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

HoopS

Hogs won 27 with a real schedule last year and that coach has been under attack this whole season. One common opponent this year and we beat them, Trojans lost. On our down year.  But congrats, I guess.

jry04

With a RPI in the 30s, and a weaker than normal bubble, they may have a chance to get an at-large bid if they make their conference championship, regardless of losing it. It really just depends on what happens in other conference tournaments. Their SOS is pitiful, but they currently have 2 top 50 RPI wins. If UT-Arlington could make some noise in the last few games, then that would give them 2 more top 100 wins.

However, they definitely don't have much of a shot to make a run in the NCAAT, imo.

hoglady

It doesn't have to be Little Rock vs The Hogs.
No reason folks can't be fans of both teams.
They can't help their schedule - the Sunbelt is what it is.
The OCC schedule included San Diego St, Tulsa, DePaul and Texas Tech teams that are historically pretty good.
They will struggle against a team with good Bigs - they have no size. Their inside guys are good players, they just aren't tall enough, the one inside guy with size is physically weak.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

hoglady

Quote from: Lanny on March 02, 2016, 08:47:49 am
He's gone

I was hoping they could keep him another year or so.

HoopS

Quote from: hoglady on March 02, 2016, 09:26:58 am
It doesn't have to be Little Rock vs The Hogs.
No reason folks can't be fans of both teams.
They can't help their schedule - the Sunbelt is what it is.
The OCC schedule included San Diego St, Tulsa, DePaul and Texas Tech teams that are historically pretty good.
They will struggle against a team with good Bigs - they have no size. Their inside guys are good players, they just aren't tall enough, the one inside guy with size is physically weak.
it doesn't have to be. But rest assured, their success this season is being used by some to dig at Anderson.

Hawg Red

Quote from: HoopS on March 02, 2016, 09:53:13 am
it doesn't have to be. But rest assured, their success this season is being used by some to dig at Anderson.

Sure. Idiots will be idiots. I don't think that's any excuse to be salty at any mention of LR's success. No one has real expectations for the Trojans, so it's cool to see them have such a good regular season. I'm sure a number of people here graduated from UALR. Most of the talk around here is still focused on the Hogs. Plenty of Hogs talk either way tonight/tomorrow, win or lose.

HoopS

I have always pulled for them. I will pull for them to make the NCAAT and they will be "my team" in it if they do. Despite the ones who want to use their success for other purposes.

Jackrabbit Hog

I remember the excitement that followed the Mike Newell team that was led by Myron Jackson and Pete Myers and played its home games in the Statehouse Convention Center.  I went to a few of those games.  It was at the beginning of Nolan's tenure at UA and the Hogs were down, so UALR was what the state had to offer.  That team beat Notre Dame in the Big Dance, then had NC State down in double OT until finally running out of gas.  Even though I'm a lifelong Hog fan, I recall that I didn't feel the least bit sorry that I was rooting for the Trojans to do well.  It's not mutually exclusive.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on March 02, 2016, 07:59:57 am
Another  UALR thread?  Should be in general sports.

Color you purple.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: Breems on March 01, 2016, 09:50:31 pm
Are they going to the tourney?

The experts say at the moment that they still will have to win the Belt tournament to be sure.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: hoglady on March 01, 2016, 10:48:44 pm
Fun time at Jack Stephens tonight, nice crowd of 5,600.

Official attendance was 5619, and under the new administration those are supposed to be scanned tickets. Which means we had a bona fide Standing Room Only crowd last night (19 people standing).

hogman99

Quote from: DeltaBoy on March 02, 2016, 08:36:13 am

Wonder if any SEC teams will look at him?

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: hoglady on March 02, 2016, 09:26:58 am

Several of the OOC games were already in place from previous arrangements. UCA, for example. And, of course, who'd a' thunk the Trojans would do quite this well?

Atlhogfan1

Why let a couple of posters troll you into taking shots at UALR?

Not surprised someone brought up their schedule.  But not to acknowledge the level at which they recruit is being disingenuous.  They are competing with teams who have the same or perhaps better ability to recruit.  To have the season they are having is a huge accomplishment.  They don't have the ability to get top 100 recruits let alone top 50 or 30 which we had leading our team last season.  I notice as well when bringing up schedule, the fact our in conference schedule last season was the weakest in the SEC and one of the weakest of any of the power conferences is ignored. 

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 02, 2016, 10:22:14 am
I remember the excitement that followed the Mike Newell team that was led by Myron Jackson and Pete Myers and played its home games in the Statehouse Convention Center.  I went to a few of those games.  It was at the beginning of Nolan's tenure at UA and the Hogs were down, so UALR was what the state had to offer.  That team beat Notre Dame in the Big Dance, then had NC State down in double OT until finally running out of gas.  Even though I'm a lifelong Hog fan, I recall that I didn't feel the least bit sorry that I was rooting for the Trojans to do well.  It's not mutually exclusive.

That was fun following them then when the Hogs were in a rebuilding season although I've always leaned ASU in their rivalry. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Great number 4 post.

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on March 02, 2016, 08:56:27 am
That schedule was not challenging at all. Have to wait until postseason to see how they do. They might have a chance to advance a round or 2 in the NIT.
Do you think Arkansas is 27-3 against their schedule? I'll hang up and listen.

JackMcQueen

2 SEC titles, 4 SEC West titles, 28 NCAA Tournaments, 6 NCAA Super Regionals, 8 College World Series
THIS...IS...BASEBALL!

hoglady

Trying to compare these 2 programs is like apples and oranges.
I've been a Trojan fan and gone to their games since Ron Kestenbaum was coach (that was before Newell).
I don't think I missed a single home game in Derek Fisher's 4 years.
Yet - I've still managed to be a Hog fan at the same time - you can do both / and celebrate the success of both programs.
It's not like one program is siphoning anything off the other.

hogsanity

Nice job of dominating a horrible conference,

So dominating a horrible conference is easy?  Huh, too bad another team in the state could not have dominated the terrible league they are in as well.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HoopS

Quote from: hogsanity on March 02, 2016, 12:12:04 pm
So dominating a horrible conference is easy?  Huh, too bad another team in the state could not have dominated the terrible league they are in as well.
27-3 and may miss the tournament if they don't win the tournament. Vs. teams with double digit losses from our conference being the ones who may well get the nod over that team.

Apples v Oranges

HoopS

exhibit A as to why we won't be allowed to enjoy UALR's success.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: HoopS on March 02, 2016, 12:23:06 pm
exhibit A as to why we won't be allowed to enjoy UALR's success.
He could have been talking about ASU.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

HoopS

jry04

I really hope you are talking about Arkansas State, and not a team that plays in a top 6 RPI conference.

Atlhogfan1

Anderson's success was used for 9 seasons to attack our program.  What is a few weeks of a couple of people trying to reach for UALR's success to make a point?

HoopS

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 02, 2016, 12:44:08 pm
Anderson's success was used for 9 seasons to attack our program.  What is a few weeks of a couple of people trying to reach for UALR's success to make a point?
Exhibit B

Atlhogfan1