Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Report: Buster Faulkner is ASU's new OC

Started by jbcarol, January 13, 2016, 10:18:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

GolfNut57

Seminole gonna get mad at you for scooping his territory........... :D
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Seminole Indian

January 13, 2016, 06:27:32 pm #3 Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 06:44:09 pm by Seminole Indian
Yep, I came here to post it but he beat me fair and square. The walk of shame.

Been a while since they hired someone with actual OC experience, so this is new territory as far as recent hires.

Will say that based on the quality, and quantity of receivers they will have next year, and where they have gone in recruiting qbs, he appears to be a very good fit.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Seminole Indian

January 14, 2016, 07:26:54 am #4 Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 07:47:34 am by Seminole Indian
They have hired a new OL Coach, and he should be announced this a.m., but I was told if I say who before they do, I will never be told anything again. Rats!!
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Seminole Indian

January 14, 2016, 08:07:35 am #5 Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 09:56:49 am by Seminole Indian
Per Coaching search:

Arkansas State: Former Cincinnati offensive line coach Darren Hiller and former Syracuse running backs coach DeAndre Smith have joined the Arkansas State staff in the same roles, according to Sports Illustrated's Thayer Evans. In addition, cornerbacks coach Trooper Taylor has added the title of assistant head coach.

http://coachingsearch.com/coaching-search-ticker

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Seminole Indian

Most of their fans are just glad they kept and promoted Trooper Taylor to Assistant HC, and agree with SBNation.

"To tie a ribbon on Coach Anderson's staff remodeling, the program promoted one of the Red Wolves most visible and high-energy coaches. Trooper Taylor, the charismatic towel-waving corner back's coach, is also one of the program's best recruiters. While the losses of Bell, Elarbee and Tucker were difficult, Anderson managed to entice more proven results in their places. The 2016 season looks to be in practiced hands."

http://www.underdogdynasty.com/2016/1/14/10768464/red-wolves-Arkansas-State-staff-Darren-Hiller-Deandre-Smith

Dropkick

Quote from: Seminole Indian on January 14, 2016, 01:10:56 pm
Most of their fans are just glad they kept and promoted Trooper Taylor to Assistant HC, and agree with SBNation.

"To tie a ribbon on Coach Anderson's staff remodeling, the program promoted one of the Red Wolves most visible and high-energy coaches. Trooper Taylor, the charismatic towel-waving corner back's coach, is also one of the program's best recruiters. While the losses of Bell, Elarbee and Tucker were difficult, Anderson managed to entice more proven results in their places. The 2016 season looks to be in practiced hands."

http://www.underdogdynasty.com/2016/1/14/10768464/red-wolves-Arkansas-State-staff-Darren-Hiller-Deandre-Smith
I remember when TT was just the bag man at Auburn.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: Dropkick on January 14, 2016, 04:08:29 pm
I remember when TT was just the bag man at Auburn.
Alleged bag man at Auburn, mostly by schools that recruited against him.

One thing is for sure, A-State fans are glad to have him , and I can assure you if they have a 'bag' there is not much money in it.

The guy can flat out recruit and coach.

Trooper has turning down multiple P5 offers every year, including this one, since he arrived at A-State, and is a program changer.

DeltaBoy

Trooper is a solid recruiter and going to be a big help to State.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

Dropkick

Quote from: Seminole Indian on January 14, 2016, 05:40:44 pm
Alleged bag man at Auburn, mostly by schools that recruited against him.

One thing is for sure, A-State fans are glad to have him , and I can assure you if they have a 'bag' there is not much money in it.

The guy can flat out recruit and coach.

Trooper has turning down multiple P5 offers every year, including this one, since he arrived at A-State, and is a program changer.

Just rattling your chain a bit, lol. Even tho you aren't an ASU fan................

Seminole Indian

Right I'm not a fan and in fact it has been over a decade since i drove the seven miles to watch them play a game, and left before the half. I have attended a few practices but that is because my only interest in college football is recruiting, and I'm not school specific in that.

Back to Trooper here is the official announcement:

"I have strived to build my career around faith, family, football and fun" said Taylor. "I want to thank Blake Anderson, (Athletics Director) Terry Mohajir, (Chancellor) Dr. Tim Hudson and (ASU System President) Dr. Chuck Welch for not only this promotion, but the opportunity to be at such a special place like Arkansas State."

http://www.astateredwolves.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7200&ATCLID=210639081

Think he was also the assistant HC at Auburn.

They are very, very lucky to have Trooper and he is a game changer in recruiting.

DeltaBoy

Great hires and A State just keeps moving forward.

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"