Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UALR at DePaul on FS1....

Started by hoglady, December 12, 2015, 09:15:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hoglady

Still early - UALR up 13-10.
Looks like it's going to be a good game.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hoglady

I really wanted Kleine or Walker to get the UALR job.
Sometimes we're better off not getting what we want.
Chris Beard (Knight coaching tree) has done a heck of a job.
UALR up by 20 with 8 minutes left at DePaul.
They've already beaten San Diego St and Idaho on the road.
Should have a good Sunbelt season this year.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: hoglady on December 12, 2015, 10:36:49 pm
I really wanted Kleine or Walker to get the UALR job.
Sometimes we're better off not getting what we want.
Chris Beard (Knight coaching tree) has done a heck of a job.
UALR up by 20 with 8 minutes left at DePaul.
They've already beaten San Diego St and Idaho on the road.
Should have a good Sunbelt season this year.

I wonder what Steve Shields is doing these days?  Seemed like a good, blue collar kind of guy.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

hoglady

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on December 13, 2015, 05:20:13 pm
I wonder what Steve Shields is doing these days?  Seemed like a good, blue collar kind of guy.

Don't know.
Shields is a super nice guy and a good coach - part of me hated to see him go but
It was just time for a change  - time to reboot the UALR program.

GolfNut57

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on December 13, 2015, 05:20:13 pm

Shields is with the Missouri Tigers as an assistant coach this year.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

hawginbigd1

Just got done watching they just whipped DePaul at home! That was impressive, they have their very own Stefan Moody like old mrs. In Johnson, they dude is lightning quick!

DeltaBoy

Trojan Basketball this year might be as good or better than it was when Mike Newell had us rolling in the last half of the 1980's.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hoglady

Quote from: DeltaBoy on December 15, 2015, 10:16:04 am
Trojan Basketball this year might be as good or better than it was when Mike Newell had us rolling in the last half of the 1980's.

That was my favorite time of UALR basketball. Watched some great games in the Statehouse Convention Center.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: hoglady on December 15, 2015, 11:16:58 am
That was my favorite time of UALR basketball. Watched some great games in the Statehouse Convention Center.

I was a student there 1986-1991 and had a pair of Classes with Big Dog Jeff Cummings from Tupelo Mississippi He was the Center on those teams.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hoglady

Quote from: DeltaBoy on December 15, 2015, 01:26:14 pm
I was a student there 1986-1991 and had a pair of Classes with Big Dog Jeff Cummings from Tupelo Mississippi He was the Center on those teams.

I remember him.
I've been going to UALR games since before Newell - when Ron Kestanbaum was coach.

GolfNut57

Quote from: hoglady on December 15, 2015, 02:30:32 pm
I remember him.
I've been going to UALR games since before Newell - when Ron Kestanbaum was coach.

Mr Powder Blue Tuxedo?  :)
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.