Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A-States Walt Bell Turns Down ULM's HC Job

Started by Seminole Indian, December 10, 2015, 06:56:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Seminole Indian

After turning down the OC position at North Carolina to join Anderson at A-State, he apparently had to make another tough decision:

"Arkansas State assistant head coach, offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach Walt Bell has turned down an offer to be Louisiana-Monroe's new head coach, according to a source."

http://www.si.com/college-football/2015/12/10/walt-bell-arkansas-state-turn-down-louisiana-monroe

Was widely reported to be one of two finalist for the job.

Interesting that Rhett Lashlee, the Auburn OC that interviewed for the A-State HC job, also interviewed for the ULM job.

Anderson's assistants have turned down SEC and Big 12 jobs, and now a HC gig, and it is sure not for the money, although they pay 'ok' for a G5.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Seminole Indian

December 11, 2015, 01:25:26 pm #1 Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 02:35:53 pm by Seminole Indian
Anderson said today so far four of his assistants have been offered jobs for more money since the TxSt Game and all have decided to stay. Last year five were offered jobs and stayed.

If things go as expected next year, don't expect this trend to continue.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

DeltaBoy

I really admire loyalty to others and to the program.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.