Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A-State plays ULL Tuesday Night

Started by Seminole Indian, October 17, 2015, 09:16:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Seminole Indian

Game at Centennial Bank Stadium, in Jonesboro, Ark. Start time 7:00 p.m. CST, and is on ESPN2.

Expected to be a perfect night weather-wise for a football game.

A-State will again be without starting guard Daniel Keith, plus starting  RB Michael Gordon, and NB Charleston Girley are a little dinged up but should play. Their coach said otherwise the team is very healthy.

As far as the game itself, and all their games going forward for that matter, if A-State can get even a  decent performance from the qb position they should win.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

pigture perfect

I'm going to this game tonight. I haven't been to Indian Stadium since 1996. This ought to be a great game.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Dropkick

ULL is normally a thorn is ASUs side but i noticed the Indian.......er....RedWolves are favored by 9.

GolfNut57

Quote from: pigture perfect on October 20, 2015, 08:13:24 am
I'm going to this game tonight. I haven't been to Indian Stadium since 1996. This ought to be a great game.

You should like the improvements they have made to the stadium then if you haven't been there since 96. Especially to the west side stands.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Dropkick

Quote from: GolfNut57 on October 20, 2015, 10:34:47 am
You should like the improvements they have made to the stadium then if you haven't been there since 96. Especially to the west side stands.
beautiful field IMO

holeinthewall

Quote from: pigture perfect on October 20, 2015, 08:13:24 am

We went for the Missouri game and dad's day at the frat my son is in. Stadium looks damn nice. Much better than many schools in better conferences.

elksnort

And they are playing pretty well lately.

The seem to have a group of skill offensive players and a QB who gets it done..

GolfNut57

And ASU pulls out the win.............FUGLY second half I must say........
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

pigture perfect

It was ugly in the second half. ULL made adjustments that ASU didn't. If the Cajun QB had any kind of arm at all I think the Wolves lose that one late.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Seminole Indian

Quote from: pigture perfect on October 21, 2015, 02:43:19 am
It was ugly in the second half. ULL made adjustments that ASU didn't. If the Cajun QB had any kind of arm at all I think the Wolves lose that one late.
Or they could  have opened up their offense again. Their qb's have hurt them as much as the other team with their 'arms', so why take the chance if you don'y have to.

All they wanted were 'W's' against USA, and ULL, who along with AppSt were considered the best SBC teams on their schedule, and staying healthy( not doing so last year made a 9 win team a 7 win team).

Since they failed to beat Mizzou when they had the opportunity, and their backup qb would not allow them to challenge Toledo, it is all about winning every game they are favored in down the stretch, which would give them at least 8 wins. Eight wins might open up some better 'bowl' opportunities.

"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

GolfNut57

Quote from: pigture perfect on October 21, 2015, 02:43:19 am

I am not so sure ULL would have come all the way back. Jmo but ASU called off the Wolves at halftime because of the 20 point lead and started playing not to lose rather than continuing to play to win in the second half. And as usual, playing that way usually lets a lot of teams back into the game. Had ULL's QB had better passing the first half obviously the game would have been closer thereby forcing Anderson to keep the throttle open. And speaking of arms.......if Knighten could pass worth a damn the game would have been a blowout. He missed several receivers that were wide open with overthrows.

Seminole Indian

Don't think this is the first time, or last time a team jumped out big,  then the other team made a comeback.

Think Memphis was up on A-State like 31 to 0 then lost. Happens all the time.

What is good is A-State really does not need all it's weapons firing, and it has not this year, to beat most SBC teams, but it is obvious they have them.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Seminole Indian on October 21, 2015, 05:58:23 pm
Don't think this is the first time, or last time a team jumped out big,  then the other team made a comeback.

Think Memphis was up on A-State like 31 to 0 then lost. Happens all the time.

What is good is A-State really does not need all it's weapons firing, and it has not this year, to beat most SBC teams, but it is obvious they have them.
I had no other than the usual problems with the offense mostly being the QB's decision making and inaccuracy. My biggest concern was all the missed assignments and poor pursuit angles by the defense from the end of the 2nd quarter. 1st part of the game the defense was smothering ULL. Good win still, would have liked to see a bigger margin however.

Seminole Indian

October 22, 2015, 03:39:45 pm #13 Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 06:01:08 pm by Seminole Indian
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 22, 2015, 02:25:15 pm
I had no other than the usual problems with the offense mostly being the QB's decision making and inaccuracy. My biggest concern was all the missed assignments and poor pursuit angles by the defense from the end of the 2nd quarter. 1st part of the game the defense was smothering ULL. Good win still, would have liked to see a bigger margin however.
I only caught the first possession by each team, saw the final score, an looked at the stats.

They have been Jekyll & Hyde all year on offense, primarily because of the play at qb, but have been pretty steady on defense.

They should be 4-1  in their remaining games even without  improvement on part of the qb's because like the last three SBC games, they will be able to run more and pass less and still win.

Not sure they can go 4-1 down the stretch  if the defense starts playing Jekyll & Hyde. That is exactly what happened last year when they lost to two schools they were heavy favorites over, and ended up 7-5 rather than 9-3.

pigture perfect

The turning point was when ASU had 1st and goal from the 1 and they couldn't score. How come they couldn't get under Center and punch It in? ULL crashed the corners every time and caught us behind the line.

Seminole Indian

The folks on the Den, are blaming it on play calling.

IMO their OL is simply not build for that, especially when they have to move Colton Jackson inside(6-4, 281).

He, Austin Moreton (6-1, 295), and Joseph Bacchus (6-4, 276) are very tough, and athletic, but simply are not physically big and strong enough  to 'impose their will' on players with true FBS size and strength on the DL, and that gets them in trouble on short yard situations.

They will get a little better when  Daniel Keith(6-5, 275) returns, but not much.

Finesse football, not power football is their game.