Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Achieving 8 wins +/-1

Started by Seminole Indian, October 06, 2015, 03:30:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Seminole Indian

October 06, 2015, 03:30:08 pm Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 03:21:05 pm by Seminole Indian
Looks like this past weekend keeps the door open for all three of the  Arkansas Division 1 football teams (that I predicted )would  to meet my 8 win +/-1 prediction, for them (UofA, ASU and UCA).

Obviously the Razorbacks face the toughest road going forward, and ASU looks to have the easiest path, but we shall see.

ASU should have their starting qb for the rest of the year, which is a HUGE plus for them, because their backup qb was absolutely terrible.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

GolfNut57

Quote from: Seminole Indian on October 06, 2015, 03:30:08 pm

ASU should have their starting qb for the rest of the year, which is a HUGE plus for them, because their backup qb was absolutely terrible.

16 for 25 for 188 yards and a TD was terrible? And btw, you have no idea if ASU will have Knighten available the rest of the year or not. He could very well get hurt the very first play from scrimmage the next game.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: GolfNut57 on October 06, 2015, 06:51:11 pm
16 for 25 for 188 yards and a TD was terrible? And btw, you have no idea if ASU will have Knighten available the rest of the year or not. He could very well get hurt the very first play from scrimmage the next game.
Reading their message boards ASU fans are more than just a little perturbed with all the penalties, turnovers ,etc., which they feel points to a lack of discipline and poor coaching.

A-States HC sees it a little different, and said this week he wants to see improvement in all areas but he does not want his players not playing to the whistle, or not playing on the edge. Did say that having that many penalties could end up costing them a game. We will just have to see how this season unfolds.

He also said this week that they were going to let Knighten play his game, which means running the ball, so his getting injured again is certainly possibly. He said if that happens they will just put Tabary back in, and to be honest most of the teams left on their schedule are so bad they could beat them with Tabary, as bad as he is.

I still look for them to meet my 8 win +/- 1 prediction and go to a bowl game regardless. Penalties, turnovers, with or without knighten, it does not matter, and the same next year, and the next, and the next, and so on.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

DeltaBoy

Yep I will be super happy if all 3 win 8 games this year.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Seminole Indian

October 18, 2015, 06:20:09 am #4 Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 06:44:23 am by Seminole Indian
Not sure about all three getting eight, but with six games remaining hitting seven, and making  my 8 wins +/- 1, prediction is still doable for all three.

A-State (3-3)will probably be favored in all but one of their six remaining games, so they should have a shot at eight wins.

The Razorbacks (2-4) will probably be the favorite in at least four, so will have to 'upset' a couple to get to eight. Because of their physical style of play they may very well do that as the bumps and bruises mount up for the competition.

I'm not sure about UCA(3-3). Hope their fans will chime in and tell us what to expect.

GolfNut57

Quote from: Seminole Indian on October 06, 2015, 03:30:08 pm
Looks like this past weekend keeps the door open for all three of the  Arkansas Division 1 football teams to meet my 8 win +/-1 prediction, for them (UofA, ASU and UCA).

Obviously the Razorbacks face the toughest road going forward, and ASU looks to have the easiest path, but we shall see.

If you are calling UCA, a FCS team Division 1 then you left out UAPB, who is also a FCS team. So going by your logic Arkansas has 4 Division 1 teams.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: GolfNut57 on October 18, 2015, 02:43:22 pm
If you are calling UCA, a FCS team Division 1 then you left out UAPB, who is also a FCS team. So going by your logic Arkansas has 4 Division 1 teams.

Just worded that first post wrong (i'll correct it) , and I usually include UAPB when discussing the Division 1 schools.

I did not know enough about them to make a prediction about their season record on another thread, so I was just following up on the three that I predicted would end up 8 wins +/- 1.

Sorry for the confusion.

Seminole Indian

After last nights win it looks like A-State(4-3)  is in a good position to hit the 8 win +/-1 prediction I had for their overall record.

They will probably be heavy favorites in 4 of their remaining 5 games, 3 of which are on the road.

Seminole Indian

Now to the Uof A and UCA.

I have UofA (2-4) favored in 4 of remaining 6 games. Not good enough, must upset at least one of those two or better yet  win out ...........very doable. Get er done.

I got UCA(3-3) favored in 3 of 5 remaining games. Not good enough, must upset one ...........very doable. Get er done.

Need you guys to step up otherwise i lose credibility in my prognostication ability.

GolfNut57

just to ask but...........what color is the sky in your world? You seriously think you have credibility in making picks? hahahhahahahahhahahahahhhahahaha.............

Seminole Indian

Quote from: GolfNut57 on October 21, 2015, 07:24:58 pm
just to ask but...........what color is the sky in your world? You seriously think you have credibility in making picks? hahahhahahahahhahahahahhhahahaha.............
If I say so myself  I'm pretty good on the overall records for the schools I get paid to be good about (not UCA or UofA), but not so much on individual games. I defer to those that get paid to make those prognostications.

Seminole Indian

October 24, 2015, 06:27:15 am #11 Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 07:59:21 am by Seminole Indian
Looks like both UCA(3-3) and the UofA(2-4) have a chance for 'W's' today, and keeping the door open for eight wins.

The Massey Composite rankings have the Lamar game as basically a tossup:

http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=1351&s=279541

I cannot see where the wet, rainy conditions, and being on the road will help UCA's cause in this one, so their 'W' might  be a little tougher to get.

The Razorbacks are favored  to win their game, and you would have to think playing at home in wet conditions would favor them more than Auburn.

Seminole Indian

October 25, 2015, 05:59:58 pm #12 Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 06:14:05 pm by Seminole Indian
Don't normally follow college football this close past the first week or two, and after doing so don't think I will do it again, so decided to take one last look ahead using the Massey ratings(not the Composites):

According to Massey A-State (4-3) will be a huge favorite in 4, and a huge underdog in 1 of its last 5 games.

http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=333&s=279541

UCA (4-3) looks to be a heavy favorite in 3 and slight underdog in 1 or their remaining 4 games.

http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=1351&s=279541

The Razorbacks are huge favorites in 2, slight underdogs in 1, and big underdogs in 2, of their last 5 games according to Massey.

http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=316&s=279541

Have not been to a college football game in over a decade but I am I'm looking forward to attending a game at Lyon's College next weekend. Never been to a college football game in Arkansas not involving the Razorbacks, or A-State, and have no interest in attending another one involving those schools,  but think I might really enjoy the game involving the smaller schools. When I attended A-State they played in the small college division, and I really enjoyed those games. Hope it does not rain.

Seminole Indian

Don't want to jinks anyone but A-State, and UCA have made the 8 win +/- 1 target, and barring a catastrophe it will be three. Congrats to all, great job, but especially by the Hawgs.

Ge them next year Lions.