Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We're about to be back to having no Top 25 wins....

Started by Bogghawg, February 18, 2017, 09:22:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogghawg

Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

Deeznutts

They don't magically disappear. It's at time of the win. Jeesh.

pigsooie1000

we played Vandy twice though so this will help our computer rankings more than hurt, plus we beat them on the road also

Youngsta71701

Quote from: sevenof400 on February 18, 2017, 10:14:33 pm
No, it's not.  Those measures are always as of the current day.  A win versus a Top 25 team in December may be meaningless in March if that team's ranking drops.
I believe Deeznutts is right. South Carolina was a top 25 team at the time we beat them. That is what they go by.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

SONofHAM

February 19, 2017, 11:07:48 am #4 Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 11:20:52 am by SONofHAM
Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 19, 2017, 10:53:07 am
I believe Deeznutts is right. South Carolina was a top 25 team at the time we beat them. That is what they go by.
Dont think so
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

HOGINTENNESSEE

No a big deal. it's still a top 50 road win and it probably puts Vandy back in the RPI top 50. Which is also good for us.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: sevenof400 on February 19, 2017, 11:03:23 am
I am quite positive of the opposite, Youngsta.  For example. check the current record breakdown for Arkansas from CBS:

Those numbers change as the individual ratings (rankings) of the teams on Arkansas' schedule change. I can't speak for every rating out there, but most of the ones I've read won't credit a team with a Top 25 win at the end of the season if the team beaten doesn't end in the Top 25 (or 50, or 100, etc). 

If Deez was correct, CBS would still have Arkansas with a Top 25 win.
Unless I am mistaken this clearly reads against RPI top 25 not top 25 rankings, when the committee looks at our resume' there will be a top 25 road win regardless of where USCe finishes.

Raymond Zorback

Deeznutts is right, for top 25 ranking wins they go by ranking at the time of the game.  That doesn't mean it's still a top 25 RPI win. 

I was looking at South Carolina's schedule on ESPN last night, it shows them having wins against #25 Michigan and #18 Syracuse.  They are still showing those teams in the top 25 because that's where they were ranked when SC beat them.  They're obviously not ranked now.
You can call me Ray.

widespreadsooie

It's at the time of game. We have one win against top 25 opponents.