Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What a Win.Hogs go on the road and beat a ranked team

Started by forrest city joe, February 15, 2017, 07:41:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

forrest city joe

I freaking love this. so proud of our players and coaches for not giving up on this season. i will never give up on our players and coaches. or this team for that matter.this is a big time win folks. i still say this team is going to the Big Dance.WPS--------------------GO HOGS.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

dsims2k3

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 15, 2017, 07:41:59 pm
I freaking love this. so proud of our players and coaches for not giving up on this season. i will never give up on our players and coaches. or this team for that matter.this is a big time win folks. i still say this team is going to the Big Dance.WPS--------------------GO HOGS.
Well  said.
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

Pig in the Pokey

Can you believe it? We are 5-2 on the road. Going to beat Florida on the road, too.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

cardsNhogs

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 15, 2017, 07:43:50 pm
Can you believe it? We are 5-2 on the road. Going to beat Florida on the road, too.
we may be better on the road than at home.

JONAS

daprospecta

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 15, 2017, 07:43:50 pm
But we are still seeing Fire Mike posts everywhere. Here's a side note. The national average of road game wins is 40%. We are winning 71% of our road games. WPS!

Next1_04

What are you talking about, he clearly cant coach nor had them prepared to beat a top 25 team in the Nation on the road. They should fire him on the runway when they land.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

hoglady

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Kevin

Unbelievable. Great win.  If they take care of business should be in NCAA tournament. Congrats cma and team
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

gchamblee

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: daprospecta on February 15, 2017, 07:46:00 pm
But we are still seeing Fire Mike posts everywhere. Here's a side note. The national average of road game wins is 40%. We are winning 71% of our road games. WPS!
Well, the real hog fans amongst the haters are happy but the ones who don't like Mike for "other reasons" are mad af right now. He will not be fired. I guarantee it.

Letsroll1200

Joe this team don't quit because the leader don't quit. What about Moses Kingsley? He came to play tonight.

hawgmasta

That's gonna be a BIG rpi boost. I'm taking this team one game at a time but they, on paper, should probably make the tourney if we win all except Florida and an sec tourney game.

PharmacistHog

Joe made a good post and you guys are gonna trash it.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

Mr. Porkleone

February 15, 2017, 07:51:33 pm #17 Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 08:21:57 pm by Mr. Porkleone
Blah, blah, blah, blah

Expected after a win. What a homer you are FCJ

But awesome win for sure.  Woo pig

Next1_04

Where is Iceman? You know he had his post waiting to hit "post". Until we won.

Westcoasthog

Great win for Arkansas win over South Carolina  - Final Score Arkansas 83
South Carolina  76.

elksnort

Damn nice win,  but there is still more work to do. Got to make the NCAA tournament. No excuses.

But yeah, sweet victory.  The guys played well played smart and Mike have them prepared

reptilehog

Thank you FCJ.  Big win on the road tonight.  I like this team a LOT.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 15, 2017, 07:47:39 pm
Joe this team don't quit because the leader don't quit. What about Moses Kingsley? He came to play tonight.
Bingo. now that's the Mosses i love to see play. he was very good tonight.

Porkette

GO HOGS GO!

Letsgohoggin

I agree Joe. Now support Bret this way. I love Botha yeoman attitude. Both deserve your support.

HawgWild

The_Iceman

Quote from: Next1_04 on February 15, 2017, 07:51:49 pm
Where is Iceman? You know he had his post waiting to hit "post". Until we won.

Sorry, been a little busy. This win negates the Mizzou loss. If we would have beat Mizzou and lost tonight, we'd be in just about the same spot.

An expert on Bo's show said a win tonight would put us back into the 8-9 seed category. With Florida losing their Center, that now looks like another opportunity to pick up a signature RPI win.

However, we have also shown against Miss State, OSU, Mizzou, and Vandy that we are capable of turning around and losing a game we aren't supposed to.

I have been clear: Make the tournament and Mike has my full support for another year. Miss it and he should be fired.

SpaCityHawg

GuvHog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 15, 2017, 07:47:26 pm
Well, the real hog fans amongst the haters are happy but the ones who don't like Mike for "other reasons" are mad af right now. He will not be fired. I guarantee it.

Hey, I've been one of Mike's biggest critics and I'm absolutely elated over this win!! Congratulations to Mike, his assistants, and the team on a great win!!
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Cmheinley

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 15, 2017, 07:47:26 pm

And it's like Christmas morning enjoying this board without the negativity. Proud of this team tonight. Huuuge win. Now just please take care of business Saturday and we're in business

Hoggish1

I freakin' love it, too.  That's because I didn't watch the 2nd half...  ;)

Tick Hog

TheRazorback500

We shot 50% from three and outrebounded one of the better defensive teams in the league at their place. Great win!

:razorback:

Do you wanna get Rocked?

FATHAWG08

February 15, 2017, 08:58:58 pm #33 Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 10:32:02 pm by FATHAWG08
Great Adjustments made by CMA.

1. Shorten his rotation to about 8 players for majority of the game. This allow us to keep a good flow going on both ends of the Court.

2. Switching to zone gave us our best chance to win.This allow Mose,Macon,Dusty & Barford to played more minutes than usual. Kept them out of foul trouble as well as conserving  their energy from defending the whole court.

3. We played solid half court offense because our main core of players played more minutes together.

4. This team's performance tonight showed what this team is capable of. South Carolina is solid.

5. Now let's see if this can be duplicated going forward.We can't come out flat the next game like we did after the impressive Alabama win.

6. Kudos to the staff & players. Great Win!!!
I love off season Football!!

rude1

Quote from: daprospecta on February 15, 2017, 07:46:00 pm
That's good, would be even better if we weren't choking up home wins to less than average teams. Need to be able to put the two together.

RedyorNot

Solid win, good things happen when they actually play team ball for each other and not just themselves. WPS!

Mr. Porkleone

elksnort

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 15, 2017, 08:40:40 pm
Sorry, been a little busy. This win negates the Mizzou loss. If we would have beat Mizzou and lost tonight, we'd be in just about the same spot.

An expert on Bo's show said a win tonight would put us back into the 8-9 seed category. With Florida losing their Center, that now looks like another opportunity to pick up a signature RPI win.

However, we have also shown against Miss State, OSU, Mizzou, and Vandy that we are capable of turning around and losing a game we aren't supposed to.

I have been clear: Make the tournament and Mike has my full support for another year. Miss it and he should be fired.
Well said. I agree. I also agree that he did what it took to win tonight

rtr

Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 15, 2017, 07:49:23 pm
Joe made a good post and you guys are gonna trash it.
Yes he did and they are.  Joe thinks for himself, he doesn't go with public opinion.  He also doesn't back down when he makes a call whether anyone agrees with it or not.  You have to admire this.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

The_Iceman

Quote from: elksnort on February 15, 2017, 10:02:06 pm
Well said. I agree. I also agree that he did what it took to win tonight

No doubt. Mike deserves as much credit for this win tonight, as I gave him blame for the Mizzou loss.

texas tush hog

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on February 15, 2017, 07:51:33 pm
Blah, blah, blah, blah

Expected after a win. What a homer you are FCJ

But awesome win for sure.  Woo pig

Joe and I have both taken it on the chin for supporting our Razorbacks and our coach. I also supported Nolan in 1985. I will support Mike until Jeff Long pulls the plug. Mike is like a son and I will support him through thick or thin. As long as he coaches our team I think everybody who considers themselves Hog fans should do the same. After this season all of the negative Nancys will fade into the background. No, on second thought, they will come up to Mike and say "I was with you all along". Mike knows who the ones are who had his six, so you band wagon jumpers hop aboard, it's going to be a fun ride.

elksnort

Quote from: FATHAWG08 on February 15, 2017, 08:58:58 pm

1. Shorten his rotation to about 8 players for majority of the game. This allow us to keep a good flow going on both ends of the Court.

2. Switching to zone gave us our best chance to win.This allow Mose,Macon,Dusty & Barford to played more minutes than usual. Kept them out of foul trouble as well as conserving  their energy from defending the whole court.

3. We played solid half court offense because our main core of players played more minutes together.

4. This team's performance tonight showed what this team is capable of. South Carolina is solid.

5. Now let's see if this can be duplicated going forward.We can't come out flat the next game like we did after the impressive Alabama win.

Best post of this thread. It describes what happened and why instead of calling folks out for being critical.

thanks

Hollywood_HOGan45

Great win for the program. I'll give our team and staff credit for adjusting and getting a very unexpected w.

Now let's stay in that zone and knockout these next two at home.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on February 16, 2017, 09:51:23 am
Great win for the program. I'll give our team and staff credit for adjusting and getting a very unexpected w.

Now let's stay in that zone and knockout these next two at home.

I'm not sure that it's that we're just not quite quick enough to play solid man, or if we just don't have the players buying in 100% to playing at the intensity that it takes to play MA's style.  We've looked a step slow almost all year, except at the end of a few games where it seemed like desperation set it. 

Either way, playing the zone allows help when people blow by on the dribble, which has been our biggest issue all season long.  We get beat off the dribble, which leads to all sorts of other defensive breakdowns. 

I hope he sticks with the zone as well.  I'm also hopeful that a great shooting night on the road against a good team will carry over with a boost of confidence, and we won't lay an egg.  They can't afford another letdown at this point. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

HogAllMighty

RagingHawgOn

Quote from: GuvHog on February 15, 2017, 08:51:23 pm
Hey, I've been one of Mike's biggest critics and I'm absolutely elated over this win!! Congratulations to Mike, his assistants, and the team on a great win!!

Same here.

I want my Hogs to win every time out.

zuko

Good win and it's always after a win like this when they have had their worst losses in Basketball & Football alike.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

rmcchris

Quote from: FATHAWG08 on February 15, 2017, 08:58:58 pm

Spot on with your breakdown.  Now Mike needs to see that and duplicate it when and where possible.

GuvHog

Quote from: texas tush hog on February 16, 2017, 09:08:54 am

Joe and I have both taken it on the chin for supporting our Razorbacks and our coach. I also supported Nolan in 1985. I will support Mike until Jeff Long pulls the plug. Mike is like a son and I will support him through thick or thin. As long as he coaches our team I think everybody who considers themselves Hog fans should do the same. After this season all of the negative Nancys will fade into the background. No, on second thought, they will come up to Mike and say "I was with you all along". Mike knows who the ones are who had his six, so you band wagon jumpers hop aboard, it's going to be a fun ride.

I was a Nolan Richardson supporter from day one and stayed that way until that press conference after his last lost to Kentucky. He lost my support that night. Years later when he stood in a packed out BWA and apologized for the things he said, he gained some respect from me as I thought it was a class move on his part. The day he has the guts to stand before a camera in a press conference and apologize for filing that lawsuit against the U of A, he will gain all of my respect.

As for Mike Anderson, I'm not convinced that he is a high quality Head coach who can get the Razorback Basketball program turned around but a very badly want him to prove me wrong about that and last night's MASSIVE win was a step in the right direction.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!