Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Khalil Garland has not been cleared

Started by Scott Marshall, October 02, 2017, 02:52:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Marshall

"Khalil Garland has not been cleared for full participation at this time due to an ongoing health matter. He will continue to get treatment for this condition and the medical staff is optimistic that he will be cleared to return to full participation at a later date."

ADavisTheGOAT

The heart murmurs must have come back. Hopefully it doesn't end his career before it gets started.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

onebadrubi

Didn't we have someone very close to the family on here keeping us up with info on this?  Maybe he can shed more?

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 02, 2017, 03:02:28 pm
Didn't we have someone very close to the family on here keeping us up with info on this?  Maybe he can shed more?
Khalil's father Alan has been pretty open about it. He said the heart problem is something that runs in their family unfortunately.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Ironhawg

October 02, 2017, 03:21:02 pm #4 Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 04:38:08 pm by Ironhawg
Wow.  That is tough for such a young man.  I hope and pray the doctors can help him be well.

The Hogfather

HawgsPolo

It's mostly conditioning so don't fret.
Go Cubs Go!!!!!

JayHog

Quote from: HawgsPolo on October 02, 2017, 03:35:23 pm
It's mostly conditioning so don't fret.

Don't fret? You have confidence that something that couldn't be fixed/treated over the whole summer and part of fall will all the sudden be made better in time for the start of the season in a few weeks?  Uh, ok

HawgnCorona

No rush I hope..Get healthy first. Prayers.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

hoglady

Well - I just want the staff and doctors to be certain this kid isn't risking his health playing ball.
There are many other things he can do with his life - don't risk it over a game.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

FineAsSwine

Quote from: hoglady on October 02, 2017, 07:24:58 pm
Well - I just want the staff and doctors to be certain this kid isn't risking his health playing ball.
There are many other things he can do with his life - don't risk it over a game.

Looks like they aren't taking any chances. They aren't clearing him for full participation.
Hogs up! Covid down!

hoglady

Quote from: FineAsSwine on October 02, 2017, 10:19:35 pm
Looks like they aren't taking any chances. They aren't clearing him for full participation.

I'm glad.
But the closer it gets to the season, the more pressure and probably pressure from the kid wanting them to let him play.
I just always think of Hank Gathers - he felt so much pressure to play and wanted to play so bad, he killed himself.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

ShadowHawg

Quote from: hoglady on October 02, 2017, 10:30:44 pm
I'm glad.
But the closer it gets to the season, the more pressure and probably pressure from the kid wanting them to let him play.
I just always think of Hank Gathers - he felt so much pressure to play and wanted to play so bad, he killed himself.

Reggie Lewis

azhog10

Could be why we may take 3 to finish our 2018 class.

JayHog

Quote from: azhog10 on October 02, 2017, 11:51:26 pm

That's exactly what I'm thinking.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: azhog10 on October 02, 2017, 11:51:26 pm

If this were likely they already would have taken Phillips commitment don't you think?

Atlhogfan1

Poor kid. Hope it is correctly determined he can play. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

azhog10

Quote from: ShadowHawg on October 03, 2017, 12:34:03 pm
If this were likely they already would have taken Phillips commitment don't you think?
Maybe, but also may be a reason we aren't taking his commitment i.e. reasons that haven't come to light yet.

Letsroll1200

Good dude off the basketball court. Pray that everything works out in his favor.

HognitiveDissonance

Apparently not diagnosed until receiving a complete physical at the UA.

That's my understanding.

Last news I had heard on this was good, a while back. They were going to manage it with medication. But I'm not sure what's going on now.

hogsanity

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on October 03, 2017, 03:54:26 pm

That's my understanding.

Last news I had heard on this was good, a while back. They were going to manage it with medication. But I'm not sure what's going on now.

Heart problems of any kinds are scary, scary things.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

The_Iceman

If Garland is not cleared, that is a blow to out guard depth:

PG: Barford / Beard
SG: Macon / Jones
SF: Hall
PF: Bailey / Thomas / Gabe
C: Thompson / Gafford

Garland and Hall at the big guard  (SF) spot is perfect for us. Without Garland, is expect to see much more 3 smaller guard lineups with Beard, Barford, and Macon.

Garland has all the skills to play all 3 guard spots, so let's hope he can get healthy and cleared to play for us.

BallHog1

Kevin McPherson

hoglady

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on October 03, 2017, 03:54:26 pm

That's my understanding.

Kudos for the medical staff that performed the physical.
May have saved a young man's life.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: hoglady on October 16, 2017, 06:09:18 pm
Kudos for the medical staff that performed the physical.
May have saved a young man's life.

I hope he can recover and play. However, I'm so glad that the medical staff discovered this condition. Thank God

hoglady

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on October 16, 2017, 07:00:53 pm
I hope he can recover and play. However, I'm so glad that the medical staff discovered this condition. Thank God

+1 - yes.